Author Topic: Let's Talk About Women's BB  (Read 16399 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Let's Talk About Women's BB
« on: July 05, 2007, 10:51:07 AM »
How come men taking steroids that aromatize into ESTROGEN doesn't make them have to compete in the women's division?     ::)   How many men, pro and amateur, compete with breast tissue?

Testosterone is found in women naturally too, it is not a MALE ONLY hormone.  :P

that being said, that would be the only steroid that one could have an argument for it being a male steroid, everything else is fair game!
    ;D

my comments have nothing to do with Rip, I'm just pointing out the obvious flaws  in many statements made on getbig in general.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Let's Talk About Women's BB
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 10:54:48 AM »
Yemini, I know you have a love for bodybuilding, but face it...the judges aren't looking at just quality anymore, they are looking at quantity and if it's ok for a man to "enhance" what muscle he has, it should be ok for a woman to do the same. 

I find it funny that men can talk about women taking male hormones all the while when men are putting all that test and whatnot into their own bodies...they are creating gyno and need to also take "estrogen" blocking supplements to combat it.
:D Weee

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 10:56:38 AM »

men are allowed to compete with breasts Laura!! 

Who do you think started the transgender look?
    ;D

shrunken balls and swollen breasts!    ;D

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 10:57:34 AM »

men are allowed to compete with breasts Laura!! 

Who do you think started the transgender look?
    ;D
:-X
:D Weee

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 12:23:26 PM »
Yemini, I know you have a love for bodybuilding, but face it...the judges aren't looking at just quality anymore, they are looking at quantity and if it's ok for a man to "enhance" what muscle he has, it should be ok for a woman to do the same. 
I find it funny that men can talk about women taking male hormones all the while when men are putting all that test and whatnot into their own bodies...they are creating gyno and need to also take "estrogen" blocking supplements to combat it.

I agree *entirely* in principle, but I just think in the real world it never works like that. There is a undeniable societal assignation of gender roles. Men catch heat when they go overboard with the gear, and society is going to heap 10 times that on us as women for doing the same.

We say we have the equal rights to do, which we do yes.......but bottom line is the mags, promoters, supp companies, fans etc. decide what we'll get as a group...not us. Supp companies sponsor fit/fig/"smaller" bb, many IFBB promoters are having figure shows and not bb, mags have written unfavorably on female bb taken to excess, and they are the factions that create opportunities. Without shows, sponsorships, exposure etc...our side of the sport will continue to decline. Business is always about profit margins, imo if we lack marketability the opportunities available to us will be diminished.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007, 11:57:41 AM »
gH appears in both men and women too.  so those that argue against steroids for women shouldn't have a problem with women taking gH  ::)
X

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 01:46:35 PM »
I dont doubt theres some women competitors on test, Its unnecessary IMO. Too raw a androgen.
Frankly, I'm not even a fan of test only cycles for guys except HRT. esp 1st timers.

The whole purpose of tweaking the molecule was to emphasize some of the less androgenic
benefits.

Most Guys find women along the lines of swim suite models attractive. Many prefer a even plusher look.
Is that a BBing or fitness champ?
Basically these male protesters are uncomfortable with women looking muscular and physically capable.
THey want to control them, and these womens behavior is threatening to them. Why should they care?
They will find fault and throw "steroid" accusations even at competitors that have simply leaned out w/ fatburning agents.  And, for that matter, Anavar was expressly designed for women and children anyway.

As a guy I got "steroid" accusations before I ever used them, just because I was lean.
Same deal as lots of dissatisfied Nat Guys point the steroid finger to make up for their dissatisfaction w/ their own results. Looking at women w/ development that far exceeds their own is even more disturbing to their fragile ego.

I think most guys have no problem accepting most of the girls along the lines of like what Freespirit
posts a lot. A strong capable woman is a better partner than a fragile weak one.
The contest condition thing is what puts PPL off.  If any woman is trying to pull a Dollar out of the BBing
Dumpster, I'd say get a big collection of off-season pics. Actually your lucky compared to the guys,
Your image is more saleable when Fat and happy ;D!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007, 02:57:53 PM »
I dont doubt theres some women competitors on test, Its unnecessary IMO. Too raw a androgen.
Frankly, I'm not even a fan of test only cycles for guys except HRT. esp 1st timers.

The whole purpose of tweaking the molecule was to emphasize some of the less androgenic
benefits.

Most Guys find women along the lines of swim suite models attractive. Many prefer a even plusher look.
Basically these male protesters are uncomfortable with women looking muscular and physically capable.
THey want to control them, and these womens behavior is threatening to them. Why should they care?
They will find fault and throw "steroid" accusations even at competitors that have simply leaned out w/ fatburning agents.  And, for that matter, Anavar was expressly designed for women and children anyway.

As a guy I got "steroid" accusations before I ever used them, just because I was lean.
Same deal as lots of dissatisfied Nat Guys point the steroid finger to make up for their dissatisfaction w/ their own results. Looking at women w/ development that far exceeds their own is even more disturbing to their fragile ego.

I think most guys have no problem accepting most of the girls along the lines of like what Freespirit
posts a lot. A strong capable woman is a better partner than a fragile weak one.
The contest condition thing is what puts PPL off.  If any woman is trying to pull a Dollar out of the BBing
Dumpster, I'd say get a big collection of off-season pics. Actually your lucky compared to the guys,

Good post.    8)
:)

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2007, 03:33:14 PM »
What's the purpose of the bikini top during competition?

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007, 05:08:55 PM »
What's the purpose of the bikini top during competition?

Because Americans are actually very uptight sexually when you get right down to it.
Breasts are more than the average uptight, childish and sexually repressed American male can take.
YOu been to Europe Knny I think? Or consider this, how many goofy words we got for breasts stateside?
Tits, Boobs ,knockers...    In Thai?  1 word... Num. Translation? Milk.  Now Thats practicality.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 01:37:04 AM »
Because Americans are actually very uptight sexually when you get right down to it.
Breasts are more than the average uptight, childish and sexually repressed American male can take.
YOu been to Europe Knny I think? Or consider this, how many goofy words we got for breasts stateside?
Tits, Boobs ,knockers...    In Thai?  1 word... Num. Translation? Milk.  Now Thats practicality.

Remember nipple-gate?

That would be a non-issue in The Netherlands.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 08:10:44 AM »
Remember nipple-gate?

That would be a non-issue in The Netherlands.

Ya, I was stunned when a Verry  hot woman came striding thru the (Guys?) dressing room in a small Gym in
A'dam  years back! ???  I'm like WTF?  But, hey what to expect a couple blocks out of the Red Light?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2007, 09:47:16 AM »

yeah...been around...but...

my point is...except for when women get implants...when they get into competition shape...they have little breast tissue to speak of.  Not only that...the bikini tops could hide some definition.

Personally....I don't follow women's bodybuilding.  Just find it silly them wearing tops.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2007, 10:47:10 AM »
yeah...been around...but...

my point is...except for when women get implants...when they get into competition shape...they have little breast tissue to speak of.  Not only that...the bikini tops could hide some definition.

Personally....I don't follow women's bodybuilding.  Just find it silly them wearing tops.

Are you serious?   :D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2007, 11:10:25 AM »

Are you serious?   :D

Yup....dead serious

I wouldn't be posting it otherwise.

Seriously now....we've probably all see atleast a picture of a woman bodybuilder nude at one time pre-contest (or you've seen it in a mirror.)

The chest musculature looks like a guy (if she doesn't have implants).

What's the big deal?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2007, 01:01:25 PM »

benefits.

A lot of good points as always trab. even so, I don't know if it's so much that many men feel threatened by a muscular woman...although I'm sure these men are out there. I think though that it's merely conditioning. Society has been conditioned by the various media outlets to conform to what is "pretty, beautiful, etc." When someone doesn't fall into this criteria, then they are hated for it...however, there is a double standard that exist. Take for example overweight women, obviously they do not meet the "skin and bone" criteria labled as "beautiful by society. But if a woman finds herself in the "overweight" category she is not labeled as a freak, not in the manner in which a healthy toned muscular woman is...seems like BS to me.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2007, 02:18:18 PM »
It's all what we're brought up to consider the "norm".  If we grew up in that African tribe that does the
lip plate thing, we'd prolly think thats beautiful.
I personally don't find the real willowy girls attractive. esp the archatypical runway model.
They dont look healthy, they wouldn't hold up to much.

I respect the very developed women BBers for what they have built. I'm attracted to the figure shape girls and swimsuite model build though.
Should what the average man finds sexually attractive be the criteria for womens BBing?
Ya the hormone thing gets weird, I just don't like telling people how to live.
Never been impressed with those who do. They just keep right on going.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »
It's all what we're brought up to consider the "norm".  If we grew up in that African tribe that does the
lip plate thing, we'd prolly think thats beautiful.
I personally don't find the real willowy girls attractive. esp the archatypical runway model.
They dont look healthy, they wouldn't hold up to much.

I respect the very developed women BBers for what they have built. I'm attracted to the figure shape girls and swimsuite model build though.
Should what the average man finds sexually attractive be the criteria for womens BBing?
Ya the hormone thing gets weird, I just don't like telling people how to live.
Never been impressed with those who do. They just keep right on going.

Bodybuilding has always been about the "extreme"...taking yourself physically and mentally to the extremes.  That's what I love about it, of course, but that's also what I think turns some people off to it, as it will never represent the "norm" in any culture, and will therefore never be mainstream or highly "marketable" to the general public.

These days, though, I hope that the "norm" is not portrayed by the willowy kind of runway model, the waif look that is really no more acheiveable for the average woman than the look of a FBB.  I would like to think that the "norm" is moving more towards a fit, athletic, and healthy looking woman with some musculature.  Not to the extreme of the FBB, clearly, but at least leaning towards a fit, toned and athletic physique.

However, I have ALWAYS been a "to each his own" and "whatever floats your boat" kind of person, so I can appreciate that everyone has a different sense of what is beautiful, what is attractive to them. 

I respect your respect.   8)

FBBFan

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 02:06:13 AM »
FBB and marketability is TODAY difficult thing. As long as FBB is not really accepted by society, as BB in general as well, only a few companies would take the opportunity to use FBB as commercial aspect. There are some good examples as they use it. But they play with the gender-role. But in fact as FBB and BB is not respected as sport like other activities.... no chance.

yet........

but very sad !

my one cent
regards, FBBFan

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 06:41:00 AM »
I dont know, ONLY thing it takes to "Market" it to me is pair of High Heels and a mini-skirt on most of them offseason :P ;)!

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2007, 02:52:31 AM »
After watching this conversation, I have to comment...I personally won't use any "Test"  because I don't want the side effects of body hair, the voice of a man, and the bad attitude to match. I will not touch anything without my trainer's blessings. Muscle growth can be achieved without Testosterone supplementation. Anyone who doubts me, can be proven wrong in public, and I would expect an apology afterwards.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2007, 04:38:21 AM »
These guys that talk that crap are total idiots. Test is so raw androgen. Yeah there women who've used it, it's not necessary to get a lot of muscle.
BTW Drs are prescribing VERY VERY LOW does andro gell to some women for libido.

Guys thet never used steroids (and esp have no experience w/ women who have) sure seem to know the most about them. Funny.

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2007, 12:12:30 AM »
These guys that talk that crap are total idiots. Test is so raw androgen. Yeah there women who've used it, it's not necessary to get a lot of muscle.
BTW Drs are prescribing VERY VERY LOW does andro gell to some women for libido.

Guys thet never used steroids (and esp have no experience w/ women who have) sure seem to know the most about them. Funny.
That is so true! The ones that know the least, make the most noise about it! Well like Metallica says: the empty can rattles the most...Name that song!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2007, 05:48:02 AM »
That is so true! The ones that know the least, make the most noise about it! Well like Metallica says: the empty can rattles the most...Name that song!
Word..."My Friend Of Misery" Black Album

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 01:08:07 AM »
You win a Muscle Milk!!!!