Author Topic: Ed Ryan's Gym, Norwood PA  (Read 9722 times)

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
Ed Ryan's Gym, Norwood PA
« on: February 11, 2017, 05:52:10 AM »
Funk, you ever visit this gym? Looks old school and awesome...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Ed Ryan's Gym, Norwood PA
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:05:56 AM »
Cool looking old school gym.  My kind of place.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 10:57:50 AM »
no , it's 88 miles from me, but the status is that it may be permanently closed now... frank wainwright rip. used to train there. another philly area gym... always wished i would have made it to frisch's gym in philly also. they just closed a gym in quakertown ,they had an online auction to sell the  equipment.
F

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:26:18 AM »
Hate seeing the old school places close, while Planet Fitness popsup everywhere.
(Even though the one in my town just shut down).

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 03:52:53 PM »
 a lot of my favorite gyms closed down through the years...olympus gym aka  olympic fitness center in allentown.....eskimo's gym......fitness america.....exer-tek....serg's gym in quakertown.....phoenix fitness center...which was right next to the wild samoan's wrestling school.
F

Virgil

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 01:26:42 PM »
Ed Ryan's isn't closed, worked out there today.  As a matter of fact that's my huge self in the background in that picture.  Ed Ryan's is a very old school gym, it's where Ron Tueful trained for the America in the 70's, and nothing has changed since then.  Frank Mcgrath and Evan Centopani filmed a couple of their latest videos there, and were both good guys.  If you're looking for an old school place to train with no hassles, check the place out.  We could use some new blood in the gym.  If you're looking for a state of the art gym, this place may not be for you, however if you want the feeling of training with your buddy's in a basement hole in the wall gym , drop by