Author Topic: Gee....I wonder why?  (Read 1462 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Gee....I wonder why?
« on: March 21, 2007, 01:29:50 PM »
Gore Won't Behave By Senate Rules

The following release was posted Tuesday night to the web log of Senator James Inhofe:

From behind the scenes on Capitol Hill: Former Vice President Al Gore, despite being given major preferential treatment, has violated the Senate Environment & Public Works Committee’s (EPW) hearing rules.

Gore first demanded to be granted an unprecedented 30 minute opening statement to the Senate EPW Committee for Wednesday’s (March 21) global warming hearing scheduled for 2:30 pm ET.

The GOP minority on the EPW committee agreed to the 30 minute opening statement.

But then Gore demanded a waiver of the EPW committee’s 48 hour rule that requires all witnesses before EPW to submit their testimony in advance. The GOP minority on the EPW committee then agreed to waive the 48 hour rule in favor of allowing Gore to submit his testimony 24 hours before the hearing.

But in a breaking news development on Capitol Hill, the former Vice President has violated the new 24 hour deadline extension by failing to submit his testimony — even with the new time extension granted to Gore.

As of 8pm ET Tuesday evening, the testimony still has not been received by EPW, a clear violation of committee rules.

The word on Capitol Hill says not to expect Gore’s testimony to the Senate EPW committee until Wednesday (March 21) — the day of the hearing.

It appears that Gore does not believe the same rules apply to him that apply to every other Senate EPW witness.

The question looms on Capitol Hill: Is Gore delaying the submission of his testimony until the very last moment because he fears it will give members of the EPW committee time to scrutinize it for accuracy?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Gee....I wonder why?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 08:27:57 AM »
**** C R I C K E T S ****

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 08:50:34 AM »
LOL.   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:47:49 AM »
He was making a monumental statement, returning to DC to speak at the Capitol for the first time in 6 years, about the hottest issue in the world not called Iraq, and he was making his position loud and clear when asked by the chair.

And what did that obnoxious republican questioner do?  He was outright rude and condescending.  He asked multi-tiered questions, then demanded a yes or no answer.  Then, he scolded Gore for not answering correctly and started the next question.  Repeatedly.

I hate it when either party beats up on a person that way when they have something important to say, and they're asking the Q.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 12:54:28 PM »
He was making a monumental statement,

Which was?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
Gore is not the man to be championing Global Warming.

The issue itself is tainted because of his involvement.

It seems like Global Warming has turned into a partisan issue and I think Gore is the main reason for that. This shouldn't be a partisan issue it's far too important to be dragged down by political fighting.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »
He was making a monumental statement, returning to DC to speak at the Capitol for the first time in 6 years, about the hottest issue in the world not called Iraq, and he was making his position loud and clear when asked by the chair.

And what did that obnoxious republican questioner do?  He was outright rude and condescending.  He asked multi-tiered questions, then demanded a yes or no answer.  Then, he scolded Gore for not answering correctly and started the next question.  Repeatedly.

I hate it when either party beats up on a person that way when they have something important to say, and they're asking the Q.

Yeah but I like how he got what was coming to him in the end when he was officially owned.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 01:27:31 PM »
Global warming shouldn't be an partisan issue...

Fixed. 

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2007, 02:31:07 PM »
global warming=caused by CO2 emissions is a hoax
Valhalla awaits.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 02:43:56 PM »

How so? Even your beloved president has declared that global warming is real crisis...hold it are you saying Bush is lying?

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 03:06:40 PM »

Thanks, you made my point exactly.

How do you know Global Warming = caused by CO2 emissions is a hoax? Are you a scientist studying the problem?

There are many many many respected scientists that say different yet you think they're participating in a hoax.

Sounds like you're practicing partisan politics rather than letting the experts hash it out and come to a conclusion.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 03:16:03 PM »
maybee its been cloudy and his solar car has been out of power