Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758672 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2009, 11:51:59 AM »
Flair vs. Jericho Next Week On Raw?, Huge Match On Raw Next Week
By Daniel Pena
Mar 9, 2009 - 11:58:24 PM

-- As seen on tonight's Raw, WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair made an unadvertised appearance during the Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston bout to distract Jericho and allow Kingston to qualify for the Money in the Bank Match at WrestleMania XXV.

Flair simply walked out on stage and distracted Jericho, setting up Kofi's victory. Following the loss, an incensed Chris Jericho dared Flair to return to the ring for a match against him next week on Raw.

-- As announced on Raw, WrestleMania XXV opponents Undertaker and Shawn Michaels will team up to take on John Bradshaw Layfield and Vladimir Kozlov on next week's show.

-- In the latest edition of Stylin & Profilin' on WWE.com, Ric Flair opens up on a subject he's quite familiar with: how to handle the ladies. Click here to see the video.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #151 on: March 10, 2009, 12:19:07 PM »
WWE Frustrated With Barack Obama, Updates On DH Smith & Boogeyman
By Daniel Pena
Mar 10, 2009 - 2:45:01 PM

sources: www.f4wonline.com, PWInsider.com

-- WWE officials are said to be frustrated with new United States President Barack Obama. They feel he is an enemy of business.

-- DH Smith will be appearing on the Between The Ropes radio show tonight from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m ET on ESPN Radio 1080 in Orlando. You can also catch the online stream at BetweenTheRopes.com.

-- Representatives of The Boogeyman are claiming Marty Wright created the persona and gimmick and has full rights to use it outside of World Wrestling Entertainment. The recently released WWE star is scheduled to make a number of independent and convention appearances over the next few months under the gimmick.

Ex-WCW Star Speaks On WCW Politics, Drugs, Benoit, Flair & More
By Daniel Pena
Mar 4, 2009 - 9:10:15 PM

Former WCW Superstar, The Stro (The Meastro), who worked for WCW, recently took some time out of his scheduled to speak with www.PWMania.com. He spoke on several topics from how he started his career in WCW, working with Chris Benoit & Sting, politics in WCW, drugs in wrestling, Ric Flair and much more. Here are some highlights from the interview or to read the complete interview, visit http://www.pwmania.com/interviews.php?page=thestro:

On his time in WCW: My time with WCW was one of if not the best of my career. My overseas run along with my time with the USWA was very influential in meeting the higher ups in WCW at the time. Wrestling and working with arguably the best wrestling talent in the world was a real treat and a time in my career I will always cherish and appreciate.

On a WWE tryout with Chris Benoit: We both tried out for the WWE in the mid-90's. But neither of us were taken in the company at the time. Ironically we both ended up in WCW years later.

On being given false promises in WCW: One with Flair for example that I was really looking forward to along with Sting, and a few others. Merchandising was another. Believe I got a spot on a WCW Backstage Assault game. I was promised a lot more though. But like a lot of things, just got mysteriously forgotten. But it is what it is.

On drugs in wrestling: The drug testing today is a lot stricter. Something I have always pride myself on is that I have always trained naturally. Longevity should be the key in anything as well as life.

On working with several stars in WCW: Sting was the first wrestler I faced in WCW in the 90's. Awesome charisma and a great athlete. Jerry Lawler and I have had some great matches in the mid 90's with the USWA. Scott Hall and I had a great tag team match with Sid Vicious and Jerry Lawler during that time as well. Scott Hall was a great guy and wished we could have done more together during my run with WCW. Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan went to bat for me signing a deal with WCW.

To read the interview in its entirety, visit http://www.pwmania.com/interviews.php?page=thestro.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #152 on: March 10, 2009, 05:08:32 PM »
::) Good lord, i've never seen anyone that was a mark for themselves more than Bret Hart. He was a great worker, but he believes his own hype. Say what you want about Hogan, i'm not his biggest fan but he told a story in the ring. His problem is he's stuck in 1990 and can't or won't acknowledge that the business has changed.

Yeah I know you should read his book.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #153 on: March 11, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
Hulk Hogan In Financial Trouble; Asked Judge For $300,000
By Brad Ingles
Mar 11, 2009 - 10:35:58 AM

According to USA Today, Hulk Hogan recently asked a judge to grant him access to the $300,000 frozen assets from his divorce with Linda. He has $410,000 available and his bills are $312,000. As previously reported, Hogan had back surgery and with no deal in place for WrestleMania 25, there is no other way he could make money now. A hearing is scheduled for Thursday regarding the request.

John Cena Movie News: New "Classified" Project, Predator Remake
By Michael Bluth
Mar 11, 2009 - 11:43:44 AM

Source: MovieHole.com

John Cena's latest big budget feature film "12 Rounds" hasn't even hit theaters yet and the former WWE Champ is already looking ahead to his next projects. Cena and 12 Rounds director Renny Harlin ("Die Hard 2", "The Cleaner") are talking about a sequel. "It’s totally based on the consumer but if this does well, Renny and I look forward to doing 13 Rounds."

While Cena and Harlin are good friends now, things weren't always so good. "I think he was planning for the worst." says Cena. "He thought he was going to be working with a walking broomstick. We laugh about it now, but he really didn’t know what he was going to get with me. He didn’t even know who I was."

Meanwhile, Cena wants to work with Twentieth Century Fox on their upcoming remake of the movie, The Predator. "Just to be a part of that team would be awesome. I’d be happy playing Governor Ventura’s character – the gum-chewing gun-toting [Blain]."

While 13 Rounds and The Predator are wishful thinking for Cena, he does have another big role lined up. He told Movie Hole that he's about to start a new "still classified" film in June/July.

BigKevinD

« Reply #154 on: March 11, 2009, 09:26:34 AM »
Look at Wolfgang187...hhaahahaha hah  U Paki Clown

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: March 11, 2009, 10:47:33 AM »
looking good

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: March 11, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »
Look at Wolfgang187...hhaahahaha hah  U Paki Clown

I'm actually Filipino French German

looking good

That's right I'm styling and profiling at the ASC 09!!

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #157 on: March 11, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »
Smith Interested In Joining Legacy, Christian Separates From Wife
By Daniel Pena
Mar 11, 2009 - 3:15:25 PM

-- In an interview with the Between the Ropes radio show last night, WWE developmental wrestler DH Smith admitted he'd like to be part of Randy Orton's Legacy faction.

"There's a lot of talk about a lot of things," Smith said. "It's one of those things where you can't exactly believe everything you read on the internet... I think I'd be a perfect fit. I'm big, I'm strong, I've got the ability. I'm working at getting the personality. I've been getting a lot more confident and a lot more mean in the ring. Whether I'm with the Legacy or not, I can prove on any brand that I can carry my own legacy."

Smith also offered his comments on the New Hart Foundation not materializing in WWE.

"Nothing really happened," Smith said. "There was a slot for Tyson Kidd to go on ECW. He's a great wrestler. He's one of my great friends. He's gone up there. It wasn't one of those things that I decided... He's doing good. I hope he does really well with Natalya. Maybe I'll join him someday in ECW, who knows?"

Smith also commented on growing up as the son of "The British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith, being stretched by Stu Hart, his training, his weekly schedule in Florida Championship, and more. To listen to the full interview, visit www.BetweenTheRopes.com. TNA wrestler Robert Roode and former WWE Superstar Elijah Burke also appeared on the program.

-- As reported over the weekend, WWE.com was advertising former WWE wrestler Raven in their appearances section for a non-affiliated ECW reunion event on Saturday, March 28th in Allentown, Pennsylvania. Raven's name has since been removed as the listing now simply reads: "This unbelievable event will feature Tommy Dreamer and Joey Styles." Raven being listed was somewhat surprising considering he recently pursued litigation against the company. However, the case was thrown out.

-- According to Georgiann Makropoulos of the Wrestling Chatterbox Newsletter, ECW wrestler Christian has reportedly separated from his wife, German model Denise Hartmann. The couple tied the knot on May 25, 2001.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: March 11, 2009, 07:00:12 PM »
WWE Star Likely Retiring Soon, Latest On Imminent Plans
By Daniel Pena
Mar 11, 2009 - 5:12:10 PM

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE Intercontinental Champion John Bradshaw Layfield, 42, has been telling people backstage that he will likely be retiring from the ring by May. His back problems that caused him to originally retire in 2006 have resurfaced and his retirement from WWE appears imminent. Layfield is not listed in the May house show bookings that have been released.

As noted earlier, Layfield recently claimed he would be doing something historical that would shock the wrestling world at Wrestlemania XXV. Regarding his claim, it's been speculated that JBL will retire as the Intercontinental Champion, something nobody with the exception of Trish Stratus as WWE Women's Champion at the 2006 Unforgiven pay-per-view has ever done.

In a strange pairing, Layfield will be teaming up with Vladimir Kozlov against the team of Undertaker and Shawn Michaels next week on Raw. It's interesting to note that in a blog post yesterday, Jim Ross actually speculated on a Layfield vs. Kozlov feud. While this is only speculation, Dave Meltzer believes the strange pairing could indicate a quick Kozlov/JBL break-up, allowing JBL to go to his home state of Texas at WrestleMania XXV as the babyface and face "The Moscow Mauler" with the Intercontinental Championship on the line. It would cast JBL in the right atmosphere for a retirement ceremony/moment.

Considering CM Punk is already tied to the Money in the Bank Match, he will definitely not be facing JBL at WrestleMania — so there's not many candidates left. With the exception of Kozlov, the highest slotted candidate not already accounted for on the lineup at "The 25th Anniversary of Wrestlemania" is Rey Mysterio. However, nothing has been done to even start anything in that direction, and time is running short. Following next week's show, there will only be two weeks left to build towards WrestleMania.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #159 on: March 11, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »
I can't see a JBL face turn happening.  The guy is a natural heel, and has slagged off everyone at every show for a long time.  Would Texas accept him again?

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2009, 09:50:53 AM »
Big Scare At The Haas Household, MyNetworkTV Sinking, ECW Rating
By Daniel Pena
Mar 12, 2009 - 11:29:49 AM

sources: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, PWInsider.com

-- As reported earlier, former WWE Diva Jackie Gayda told a fan at the Arnold Classic Expo this past weekend that WWE recently approached her about wrestling at the 25-Diva Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXV. Gayda was called about coming back by John Laurinaitis (WWE Senior Vice President of Talent Relations). When she answered the call, she was 100% sure he was calling to fire her husband, Charlie Haas. It was not the case and she was relieved to find out they were offering her a spot at WrestleMania instead.

-- While Friday Night SmackDown has performed quite well for MyNetworkTV, the station's overall ratings are worse off than last year when they didn't even have the show. This past week, the overall rating for MyNetworkTV was at 0.88, but if you subtract Smackdown's record rating, it's an anemic 0.60 for the rest of the week.

There was hope that WWE would not only boost the ratings of MyNetworkTV, but bring new viewers to the network to help other programming. Historically, pro wrestling's weakness has been its inability to get viewers to watch other shows on the station it's on. That's pretty much why The CW Television Network canceled SmackDown last year despite the program's solid ratings.

The lackluster ratings for the station is bad news for both MyNetworkTV and World Wrestling Entertainment because SmackDown probably won't be able to save the network on its own. Some television insiders have speculated that the network could go under in 2010 or 2011. They've already got one foot out the door as MyNetworkTV executives ceased production on all original programming last month for a rerun based format instead.

If worse comes to worst, the only avenue left for SmackDown would be the even-weaker WGN, which is at the end of the dial on most cable providers and generally features several year old reruns of America's Funniest Home Videos, Becker, Nash Bridges and I Dream of Jeannie. The main reason WWE went to WGN for the upcoming "Superstars" show is so they'd at least have something to fall back on in case MyNetworkTV went under.

-- This week's edition of ECW on Sci Fi featuring the Tri-Branded Money in the Bank Qualifying Battle Royal drew a 1.34 cable rating.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2009, 06:54:31 PM »
Vince McMahon's View On Christian, WWE's Next DVD Project, More
By Daniel Pena
Mar 12, 2009 - 4:38:41 PM

sources: www.pwtorch.com, PWInsider.com

-- Vince McMahon isn't a big fan of ECW wrestler Christian, according to one former WWE employee. It's no secret that the WWE chairman doesn't view him as a "star."

"He cares more about the doormat at his house than Christian," said the former employee. "I don't understand why you re-up with the guy and then don't do anything with him."

In another Christian note, he told friends TNA's final offer to him was a five-year deal worth $2.5 million for a certain number of dates per year. However, one company source disputes the contract offer as Christian would have jumped at it.

The two time NWA World Heavyweight Champion made it clear to TNA president Dixie Carter that his lack of faith in the creative team was a big reason for his departure from the organization.

-- WWE has plans to release a DVD on "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka near the end of the year. Production has already started on the upcoming DVD set, which is being titled "Superfly: The Jimmy Snuka Story." Unlike recent DVD releases, this one will feature a documentary.

-- Tomorrow night's edition of Friday Night SmackDown is being preempted in the Washington D.C. area for the ACC Basketball Tournament. You can catch the program at midnight following the game.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #162 on: March 13, 2009, 10:34:07 AM »
Hulk Hogan Gets Into Heated Argument With Linda's Lawyer
By Brad Ingles
Mar 12, 2009 - 10:59:14 PM

Hulk Hogan and Raymond Rafool, Linda's lawyer, got in an argument after their court hearing earlier today. Before the hearing, Rafool asked for an autograph photo of Hogan for his son.

Hogan came in to court on crutches and asked the judge to allow him access to his $300,000 frozen marital assets in order to pay his lawyer bills, pending personal injury lawsuit for his son, and other business entanglements.

Hogan said he has $412,000 in his bank account and owes $312,000. He was then asked about the $1,000 he spends on transportation. "I use town cars," he said. "The town cars are much cheaper than the limos Linda and I used throughout our whole marriage."

Pinellas Circuit Judge George Greer agreed to free up $225,000 a month for three months.

After the hearing, Rafool answered a question by a reporter about financial compensation for John Graziano, and that is when Hogan interrupted.

"Are you gonna wrestle with me here?" Rafool yelled. "Then be quiet!"

"You've had your time to talk, you're done," he told Hogan.

"It's a free world," Hogan responded.

"No, it's not a free world," Rafool fired back. "It's called professionalism. It's called ethics."

"I hope your son enjoys the autograph you asked for," Hogan said. "Thank you, brother. Thank you, Hulkamaniac brother."

Watch Video Of Hulk Hogan & Lawyer Arguing

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #163 on: March 13, 2009, 10:37:39 AM »
Jesse Ventura Wanted To Investigate WWE, Sabu Shaved Bald, Rourke
By Daniel Pena
Mar 13, 2009 - 12:50:35 PM

-- Former Governor and professional wrestler Jesse Ventura wanted to investigate the WWE on all the recent deaths besides the business if he would've been elected to the Senate this past election cycle. Ventura tells Chris Yandek of CYInterview.com, "It's one of the things that if I would run for the senate I was going to do a senatorial investigation on the WWE."

Ventura continued, "And you know for concerning what? What’s even a bigger importance is the fact that today they are still called independent contractors by the government which is absurd. They tell you when you wrestle. They tell you who you wrestle. They tell whether you win or lose. They tell you where you're going to wrestle. They are your boss as much as any job in the universe. Yet McMahon is able to get away with calling all the wrestlers even today when he has them signed to exclusive contracts he still is allowed to call them independent contractors where they have to pay their own social security and he doesn’t have to pay a penny.”

You can read and listen to the interview at http://www.cyinterview.com.

-- This past Wednesday, Mickey Rourke paid a visit to Russia to promote The Wrestler. Rourke gave an exclusive interview for Russian wrestling promotion - Independent Wrestling Federation (IWF) (Official English site - http://eng.wrestlingfederation.ru). Rourke talked about his role in the film, his wrestling training, the upcoming Wrestlemania XXV pay-per-view, and much more. It was Rourke's only interview in Russia made specially for wrestling fans. You can see the interview at the following link. It's in English language with Russian subtitles.

-- Former ECW wrestler Sabu, 44, recently shaved his head bald, and he did not take part in a hair vs. hair match.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: March 13, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
Hulk Hogan Gets Into Heated Argument With Linda's Lawyer
By Brad Ingles
Mar 12, 2009 - 10:59:14 PM

Hulk Hogan and Raymond Rafool, Linda's lawyer, got in an argument after their court hearing earlier today. Before the hearing, Rafool asked for an autograph photo of Hogan for his son.

Hogan came in to court on crutches and asked the judge to allow him access to his $300,000 frozen marital assets in order to pay his lawyer bills, pending personal injury lawsuit for his son, and other business entanglements.

Hogan said he has $412,000 in his bank account and owes $312,000. He was then asked about the $1,000 he spends on transportation. "I use town cars," he said. "The town cars are much cheaper than the limos Linda and I used throughout our whole marriage."

Pinellas Circuit Judge George Greer agreed to free up $225,000 a month for three months.

After the hearing, Rafool answered a question by a reporter about financial compensation for John Graziano, and that is when Hogan interrupted.

"Are you gonna wrestle with me here?" Rafool yelled. "Then be quiet!"

"You've had your time to talk, you're done," he told Hogan.

"It's a free world," Hogan responded.

"No, it's not a free world," Rafool fired back. "It's called professionalism. It's called ethics."

"I hope your son enjoys the autograph you asked for," Hogan said. "Thank you, brother. Thank you, Hulkamaniac brother."

Watch Video Of Hulk Hogan & Lawyer Arguing

because of his little bratt son he's going broke.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: March 13, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »

because of his little bratt son he's going broke.

He may lose everything he worked for his entire life because of his little wigger son, that sad!

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: March 13, 2009, 01:05:06 PM »

He may lose everything he worked for his entire life because of his little wigger son, that sad!

Yea I know.  Very sad. I hope Hogan is not one of the wrestlers that worked so hard his whole career to be broke when he is old like so many others.  Maybe he will work wrestlmania.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: March 13, 2009, 01:20:34 PM »

Yea I know.  Very sad. I hope Hogan is not one of the wrestlers that worked so hard his whole career to be broke when he is old like so many others.  Maybe he will work wrestlmania.

This is such a mean thing to say, but he would have really came out ahead if every one would have just gotten killed in that car crash...... sorry

AND THIS JUST IN!

Leading Venue Candidate For WrestleMania 27
By Brad Ingles
Mar 12, 2009 - 10:36:35 PM

The Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN is the leading candidate to host WWE WrestleMania 27 in 2011. The Lucas Oil Stadium has a retractable dome and can hold up to 70,000 people. The stadium opened on August 14, 2008 and replaced the RCA Dome (Hoosier Dome) that hosted WrestleMania 8 in 1992. An interesting note is that WrestleMania 8 holds the record for the most tickets given away for a WrestleMania at approximately 15,000.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:27 AM »
Next HOF Inductees Announced, Legend Comments On Savage-Vince
By Michael Bluth
Mar 17, 2009 - 11:22:57 AM

-- WWE.com has announced that The Von Erichs will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2009. They will be inducted by longtime rival Michael Hayes.

-- Yesterday morning, Danny Bonaduce announced on his Philadelphia radio show that the producers of Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Championship Wrestling have granted him permission to compete at TNA Wrestling's next Pay-Per-View event, Lockdown on April 19th.

-- WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter was interviewed by video game website GiantBomb.com about the upcoming Legends of WrestleMania game. Slaughter answers a few questions about the game before the host mentions that the number one question fans sent in was regarding the strained relationship between "Macho Man" Randy Savage and Vince McMahon. Slaughter said Savage has a great mind for the business and he wishes he was still a part of it. He said over the years, Vince McMahon has done business with many individuals who he previously disliked or tried to put him out of business, but Randy is a different story because of the way he double crossed McMahon. He said he would like to see Savage in the Hall of Fame one day and he encouraged Savage to call Vince and "bury the hatchet." To watch a video of the interview, visit GiantBomb.com.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2009, 09:28:37 AM »

Posted in: NEWS
Prescription Drugs
& Steroids Found In Andrew Martin's Apartment
By Daniel Pena
Mar 17, 2009 - 1:39:06 AM

According to a report in the St. Petersburg Times, a police investigation following Andrew "Test" Martin's death on Friday revealed drugs in his Hillsborough County residence. Tampa police discovered prescription drugs, including painkillers and steroids, at the Harbour Place apartment of the former WWE wrestler.

Martin appeared to be in the middle of a meal when he died, according to Tampa police spokeswoman Laura McElroy. Police found a half-eaten pizza and soda near where his body was found.

On Friday night, a neighbor had become suspicious after watching Martin lie motionless on a couch for hours and called police for a wellness check.

As reported earlier, authorities will determine Martin's actual cause of death in a few weeks when a toxicology test is completed and results are available.

Click here to read the St. Petersburg Times article.

In another note, today would have been Martin's 34th birthday.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2009, 04:51:05 AM »

NEWS > WWE >

Posted in: WWE
WWE Shying Away From Test, McMahon Blows A Gasket, Judgment Day
By Daniel Pena
Mar 17, 2009 - 7:33:14 PM

source: www.f4wonline.com

-- As seen on Raw last night — or not seen — they didn't bother to air a graphic in honor of Andrew "Test" Martin, who served nearly seven years of service to the company at various points from 1998 through 2007. Company officials are said to be on edge about Martin as his death brought them some unwanted bad publicity when they're trying harder than to ever to present a clean image to the public. As result, they didn't announce the Von Erichs' induction into the WWE Hall of Fame during the broadcast since of the five wrestling sons of the legendary Fritz Von Erich, four died before their 34th birthday (quite like Martin). Instead, they quietly made the announcement on WWE.com.

Perhaps in another sign that WWE is trying to shy away from the death of Martin, they put up a graphic acknowledging his passing on the front page of the company website on Saturday, but pulled it early Sunday. While the statement regarding his passing is still up, it's buried amidst a sea of miscellaneous headlines. Furthermore, they didn't bother to put up a tribute photo gallery in honor of Martin like they usually do when a past or present company performer passes away.

-- Last week's edition of Friday Night SmackDown was the least watched episode of the year as it drew a lackluster 1.9 rating. When Vince McMahon found out about the show's dismal rating, he "blew a gasket," according to a company source. It's going to be a rough week for those working alongside him as the rating for last night's Raw declined for the third week in the row.

-- WWE has posted ticket information for Judgment Day
at the following link. Judgment Day takes place on May 17th, 2009 in Chicago. Go to http://www.prowrestlingevents.tk or http://prowrestlingevents.webs.com for details about upcoming wrestling shows worldwide. (Thanks to Devin Cutting)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #171 on: March 18, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »
Divas Special Next Week On ECW, Rourke Appearing At WrestleMania
By Daniel Pena
Mar 18, 2009 - 2:02:39 PM

-- Next week's edition of ECW on Sci Fi will be a WWE Divas-themed broadcast. In a backstage segment on last night's show, Tiffany pitched the idea of holding a "Divas Night" on ECW next week to Theodore Long. The ECW General Manager approved of the idea. An ECW taping is scheduled to be held prior to Raw next Monday in Kansas City, so the special will feature matches/skits instead of just profile videos.

-- According to various online reports, The Wrestler star Mickey Rourke will be appearing at WrestleMania XXV on Sunday, April 5. This past Monday night on Raw, Chris Jericho issued a challenge to WWE Hall of Famers "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to a match at WrestleMania with Ric Flair in their corner. Jericho also included Rourke, who said he would sitting in the front row to watch the match. (Online sources confirm Mickey Rourke for WrestleMania)

-- WWE.com has released the international release dates for the much anticipated 12 Rounds movie, starring WWE Superstar John Cena. While the flick hits U.S. theaters next week, it opens on various dates in theaters worldwide. Click here to see the dates. Unfortunately, people in Venezuela will have to wait until September 18 to see the movie.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2009, 01:13:58 AM »
McMahon Was Against Putting Christian In MITB, Hayes-McMahon, ECW
By Daniel Pena
Mar 19, 2009 - 2:54:47 PM

source: www.pwtorch.com

-- Vince McMahon is still not a big supporter of Christian as he was initially against putting the ECW Superstar in the Money in the Bank Match at WrestleMania XXV. According to a well-placed source, agents and writers had to talk McMahon into putting Christian in the match. Christian is said to be close with Raw head writer Brian Gewirtz among others involved in the creative process.

With that being said, a possible Christian win at WrestleMania should not be ruled out as McMahon has been in a swerve mode as of late as he enjoys delivering the opposite of what people expect these days. He's upset over people within his company leaking info to the wrestling media, hence his mood.

-- One source said it should be interesting to see whether head Smackdown writer Michael Hayes takes his annual post-WrestleMania vacation this year. Hayes usually needs time to recharge his batteries, but this year, it is believed that Hayes wlll hold off on taking his annual vacation because he feels he's not in good standing with Vince McMahon these days. The WWE Chairman of the Board has not been too receptive of Hayes' storyline ideas in recent weeks as he quickly cuts him off during his pitches in meetings. Some believe McMahon lost faith in him after some suggestions he made for the Royal Rumble pay-per-view did not pan out as well as expected.

-- WWE has released a statement touting the rating for last Tuesday's edition of ECW. For the 25th week in a row, ECW was the Sci Fi Channel's most-watched telecast, not to mention that it was seen by more males ages 25-54 than any other program on television that evening. Additionally, the show delivered its best ratings for the 25-54 age range in more than six months. (ECW reigns Extreme)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2009, 07:25:36 PM »
John Cena Explains Why He Dislikes The Rock (Interview)
By Brad Ingles
Mar 20, 2009 - 6:32:01 PM

During last night's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, John Cena said he has a problem with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson because of the way he left pro wrestling. Johnson has stated that he loved the business but did not intend on returning when he became a movie star, and Cena said how that has affected wrestling fans when he is gone to film movies.

"He's obviously got his start in the WWE, gone onto movies, but in the process, the whole time while he was in the WWE, he just preached to our fans -- who are very loyal -- how much he loved the business," Cena said of Johnson. "He says he loves the business so much, but then just up and leaves. So here I am, I've done The Marine, I'm still working full-time for the WWE, I've got 12 Rounds coming out and everybody's asking, 'When are you leaving?'"

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »

NEWS > WWE >

Posted in: WWE
Update On Vince McMahon & Creative Team Issues
By Brad Ingles
Mar 23, 2009 - 1:13:34 PM

WWE creative team members were told to head to Vince McMahon's penthouse condominium in Boca Raton following the Raw tapings in Jacksonville, FL on March 9, as he would be spending the week there. They were told it would be a big meeting to finalize the next few weeks of TV storylines, the direction of WrestleMania 25 and the upcoming Draft in April. Brian Gewirtz and Michael Hayes were told on March 11 via phone that Vince will not attend the meeting and for the team to return to Stamford, CT and come up with options on their own.

They were also told Stephanie McMahon would attend the meeting via teleconference to hear the options. She was described as being frustrated with how Vince has handled the situation.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter