Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758666 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #300 on: January 22, 2010, 02:23:00 PM »
RAW Guests Host For March 1st Show and Maryse Has Dental Work Done
By Amish Patel
Jan 22, 2010 - 1:13:48 PM

-- WWE Diva Maryse has had dental work done on some of her broken teeth this week. She is not expected to miss any time. [Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter]

-- Comedy duo Cheech Marin and Tommy Chong will be RAW guest hosts on the March 1st edition of the show.

WWE SmackDown Preview For Tonight, Linda Bollea Settles Graziano Lawsuit
By Michael Bluth
Jan 22, 2010 - 9:35:36 AM

-- Linda Bollea, the ex-wife of Hulk Hogan, has reached a confidential settlement with the family of John Graziano, who was seriously injured in a car wreck involving Nick Hogan back in 2007. Graziano family attorney George Tragos told Florida's St. Petersburg Times:

"Linda, she was obviously in a different position than everyone else. She was in California at the time of the accident and she did not sign for Nick Bollea's drivers license as Terry did, so she's in a different legal position."

For more, visit TampaBay.com.

-- The following is a spoiler-free preview for tonight's WWE SmackDown broadcast, taped Tuesday night from the Bi Lo Center in Greenville, South Carolina:

* Batista vs. Finlay

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

* John Morrison & R-Truth vs. Drew McIntyre & Chris Jericho.

* Mike Knox & Charlie Haas vs. Cryme Tyme

* The Great Khali & Matt Hardy vs. The Hart Dynasty

* Rey Mysterio calls out the Undertaker

Another TNA Knockout Reportedly Quits the Company This Week
By Marc Middleton
Jan 22, 2010 - 4:04:24 AM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- As noted before, Awesome Kong gave her notice to TNA this past Tuesday night and now it looks like Kong's good friend and fellow Knockout Alissa Flash is leaving also.

Word is that Alissa (Melissa Anderson) requested her release from the company. There are rumors of others besides Kong and Anderson requesting their releases but nothing is confirmed.

Jamie Noble Back in the Ring, Booker to Hollywood, ECW Rating for Tuesday, More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 22, 2010 - 3:53:43 AM

Partial source: F4Wonline.com

- Former WCW World Champion Diamond Dallas Page will be appearing as the workout coach for actress Carnie Wilson on her new GSN reality TV show called Carnie Wilson: Unstapled.

- The Boogeyman is now accepting bookings through Bill Behrens at showbis@aol.com.

- This week's episode of ECW on SyFy scored an 0.9 rating.

- WWE Superstar Jamie Noble, who storyline retired last year after an attack from Sheamus, will be wrestling FCW Champion Justin Angel at the WWE developmental show on January 29th in Melbourne, Florida. Noble has remained employed with WWE as an agent.

- Booker T said in a recent interview with Between The Ropes radio that he is going to California to try his hand at acting and won't be working for WWE or TNA for a while.

WWE Star Tries Out for a Movie Role, Latest on Mickie James' Music Career & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 22, 2010 - 3:48:15 AM

Partial source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- The AAA promotion out of Mexico has an animated movie coming out in the country on January 22nd. The hope is to do a sequel and a weekly spinoff animated TV show from the movie. AAA's video game release date has been pushed back to June of this year.

- A press release was sent out yesterday announcing that WWE Diva Mickie James is now an official member of The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP). The organization tracks and protects artists' royalties and compensation. The press release noted that Mickie's first album is almost complete and that she co-wrote several of the songs on the album. The album is expected to be completed this week with the first single hitting the radio in February.

- WWE Superstar Shad Gaspard of Cryme Tyme recently wrote the following on his Twitter about trying out for a movie role: "Today I auditioned for the new “Conan The Barbarian” movie for the part of Ukafa. If I get it, it will be a dream come true."

Posted in: TNA
Hulk Hogan Looking to Stop TNA Live Events?, More Notes from Hogan on BTLS
By Marc Middleton
Jan 22, 2010 - 3:40:05 AM

Source: PWInsider.com

- Here are a few highlights from Hulk Hogan's appearance on Bubba the Love Sponge's show yesterday morning:

* Hogan wants to end TNA house shows until the TV situation comes together.

* Hogan said he has no plans on bringing in only his friends to TNA.

* Bubba called Awesome Kong a b**** when talking about their incident earlier in the week. Hogan played it off as being menstrual related.

* Hogan put over Ric Flair, saying he was really on his game once he got rolling with AJ Styles.

* Hogan said his focus in TNA was showing everyone how the business works.

Backstage update on Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff in TNA Wrestling
By Brian Cantor
Jan 22, 2010 - 12:19:19 AM

At least one element of skepticism regarding Hulk Hogan's commitment to Total Nonstop Action Wrestling was put to bed this week, as the wrestling legend attended the pay-per-view and all subsequent television tapings.

According to ProWrestling.net, Hogan maintained his own dressing room at the shows but did make an effort to mingle with the rest of the talent backstage.

While Hogan was not as hands-on as Eric Bischoff, insiders were somewhat relieved that, at least as far as the short-term is confirmed, Hogan made sure to keep a visible profile at four consecutive TNA shows.

Former "Wonder Years" star Jason Hervey, who is Eric Bischoff's production partner, has also been a regular backstage since Bischoff got involved in the promotion.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #301 on: January 25, 2010, 05:41:51 AM »
Undertaker health update......

The Undertaker was hurting badly at WWE house show events last weekend. The hip surgery Undertaker had last year was considered the last hope before getting a full hip replacement. The belief at this point is that his appearances will become more and more limited after WrestleMania 26 this year. Keep in mind that this kind of belief or discussion has been taking place in WWE for the last 10 years meaning he has been working that long in pain.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #302 on: January 25, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »
Cena & Truth Working Together?, Escobar's WWE Release, Superstars Record & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 3:37:53 AM

- Below is the official cover art for WWE's new music compilation, New Day.

- R-Truth told The New Zealand Herald this past weekend that he and John Cena are talking about collaborating on a music project of their own.

- As noted before, this past Thursday's episode of WWE Superstars on WGN America scored a 1.1 cable rating. This week's rating is the highest number in the show's history since it debuted on April 16th, 2009.

- Eric Escobar's WWE release didn't come as a surprise to most within the company last week. Escobar had a reputation for being a "major headcase" during his time with WWE developmental in Florida. A lot of people were even surprised he got called up to the main roster.

WWE SmackDown Star Suffers Injury, News on RAW Tonight, WWE's Annual Tent Shows
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 3:51:44 AM

- Devin sent the following: WWE returns to the South Shore Music Circus in Cohasset, Massachusetts on August 28th, 2010 and the Cape Cod Melody Tent in Hyannis, Massachusetts on August 29th, 2010.

- Tonight's RAW will take place from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. No matches have been announced for tonight's Royal Rumble go-home show but the special guests will be Dule Hill & James Roday from USA Network's Psych. Sheamus vs. John Cena is being advertised locally.

- WWE Intercontinental Champion Drew McIntyre reportedly suffered a dislocated patella during his match at last Tuesday's SmackDown tapings. McIntyre wrestled at the WWE live events over the weekend and appeared to be fine.

Jim Ross On Vince Russo and Mickie James' Launches Official Website
By Amish Patel
Jan 25, 2010 - 8:47:52 AM

-- WWE Diva Mickie James has launched an official website which you can view at: http://www.mickiejames.com.

-- In his latest blog, Jim Ross had the following to say on Vince Russo:

"Emailers asked about my thoughts about all that's apparently going on with former WWE writer Vince Russo and him defending himself, etc to the media that covers wrestling. I have not been following it too closely to be honest with you. I do think that creative types in today's wrestling world are under tremendous pressure and scrutiny. I have great compassion for what they do particularly in today's society.

"Fans of all broadcast genres are harder to please these days because of all the info flow available but people can only do their best and follow their instincts. I still think the keys to the process is listening to the objective critiques of the consumers and to follow rating trends. But it all will come back to one's natural instincts on how they see the genre presented. I know what I personally like in a wrestling TV show but that certainly doesn't mean that others might like the direction that I might take. Hell, I might not like it after I saw it air."

Shawn Michaels Reveals Plans for DX to Break Up & Talks About Retiring from WWE
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 4:02:59 AM

- As noted before, Shawn Michaels recently appeared on KISS-FM radio in San Antonio, Texas and talked about his new DVD. Shawn also said that DX will "probably" disband after WWE's Royal Rumble pay-per-view so he and Triple H can focus on their matches at WrestleMania.

When asked if he had any plans on retiring, Michaels said:

"Well, that's always the million dollar question. I'd like to go on record as saying I have been trying to retire for the last three years... [WWE] makes it very difficult, you know, Vince McMahon is nuts. I try to walk away then WrestleMania comes up, they put me in a match, I do well, and [Vince] doesn't make it very easy."

Jim Ross On Tonight's RAW and MMA Star Gina Carano
By Amish Patel
Jan 25, 2010 - 5:12:23 PM

-- Below are highlights from Jim Ross' blog today:

"I expect am exciting and must see edition of Raw tonight from Columbus, Ohio as it's the last Raw prior to this Sunday's Royal Rumble. As a fan, I'm anxious to hear and see the latest on the McMahon/Hitman saga, how DX is co-existing after last Monday night and both having strong, common agendas regarding winning the Royal Rumble match, and the latest on the WWE Champion and his #1 contender. Tonight's broadcast might even be described as being 'vintage.' I'm just saying."

"Congrats to one of my favorite athletes/celeb's, Gina Carano, for scoring a huge movie part in Steven Soderbergh's latest film, 'The Knockout,' which is a spy film being filmed in Ireland. Gina can have a brand built around her and still draw positive attention to the Strikeforce brand no matter if she has one fight or a dozen left in her. Trust me...brand building is an art form and MMA fans in general love Gina. What's not to love? Quality, women's MMA, if properly branded and promoted, can be a big deal."

The Rock's poorly-reviewed "Tooth Fairy" starts slowly at box office
By Brian Cantor
Jan 23, 2010 - 2:46:12 PM

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's "Tooth Fairy" got off to a fairly slow start Friday, earning just $3.5 million for fourth place at the box office.

While the family-skewing film will recover somewhat due to presumably successful matinee business Saturday, it will still make for the worst opening weekend performance of Johnson's career as far as his youth-targeted movies are concerned.

By comparison, "The Game Plan" opened with $6.3 million on its first Friday. "Race to Witch Mountain" started with $6.7 million.

Elsewhere, new release "Legion" landed in second with $6.7 million, while "Extraordinary Measures" was sixth with $2 million.

The Rock On Wrestling Again; Also Interacts With "The Coach" on ESPN
By Amish Patel
Jan 23, 2010 - 8:52:18 AM

-- The Rock hasn't ruled out wrestling a match when he returns to WWE, but says it isn't likely to happen. Speaking to ESPN's SportsCenter, he had the following to say:

"In terms of wrestling a match, I really don't have any interest. I would love to go back and guest-host and entertain the audience. I could still do the physical things - Rock Bottom and People's Elbow. I could still do all that and kick ass and have a great time," Johnson said. "As far as wrestling a match, I'm not too sure if I see that, but I would never rule it out."

During his appearance, there was also a clip aired of Johnson interacting with his former WWE colleague Jonathan Coachman, who now works for ESPN as a news anchor. View the clip here.

Posted in: WWE
Triple H Replaces Undertaker, Big Problems at a Rey Mysterio Signing Yesterday
By Marc Middleton
Jan 25, 2010 - 6:20:17 PM

Source: F4Wonline.com

- There were apparently problems at a Rey Mysterio autograph signing yesterday at a Chicago K-mart where if you purchased $35 worth of WWE merchandise, you got an autograph with Rey. Mysterio arrived late and then had to leave for a WWE live event while lots of people were still in line. Things got out of hand as he was leaving with fans rushing at him. A lot of people who didn't get autographs asked for refunds on their merchandise they had purchased.

- World Heavyweight Champion The Undertaker missed last night's WWE live event in Cleveland, Ohio due to a death in his family. Triple H appeared instead and wrestled Chris Jericho in the main event in place of Taker.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #303 on: January 27, 2010, 02:35:24 PM »
Beth Phoenix Comments on New Santino TV Show, Jericho Works on WWE Game, Lilian
By Marc Middleton
Jan 27, 2010 - 3:42:59 AM

- Former WWE Diva Lilian Garcia said on her Twitter that she will be releasing a new album in 2010.

- Chris Jericho noted on his Twitter yesterday that he recently recorded two hours of voiceovers for WWE's SmackDown vs. RAW 2011 video game.

- Beth Phoenix wrote about yesterday's reports of a new sitcom with her, Santino Marella and Vladimir Kozlov on her Twitter with the following: "Glamarella....like you've never seen it before. prepare for the unexpected as Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix enter the world of sitcoms!"

WWE RAW rating for Monday, Former WWE Superstar headed to TNA?
By Brian Cantor
Jan 26, 2010 - 11:15:03 PM

-- Monday's WWE RAW posted a 3.6 rating off hours of 3.53 and 3.62, which is roughly in line with last week's performance. From a viewership perspective, the show was down slightly from last week, scoring 5.065 million viewers in hour one and 5.206 million viewers in hour two.

Off hours of 1.8 and 2.0, the show posted an average adults 18-49 rating of 1.9 Monday, down from last week's 1.95.

(Sources: Mediaweek, PWInsider.com)

-- According to honkytonkman.net, former WWE Superstar The Honky Tonk Man is close to signing a deal with TNA.

"Honky Tonk Man is very close to signing with TNA! HTM has been in contact with TNA since early December," reads a note from the webmaster.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2010, 09:34:36 PM »
 Posted in: NEWS
WrestleMania
27 Location Revealed, 1/28 TNA iMPACT! Does Record Rating
By Michael Bluth
Jan 29, 2010 - 7:35:40 PM

-- This week's TNA iMPACT! did a 1.4 rating, a new record for the company for a Thursday night broadcast. The show did hours of 1.46 and 1.3 with an average of 1,867,000 viewers. The show peaked in the opening 15-minute segment with a 1.51 rating. (Source: PWTorch.com)

-- Atlanta, Georgia's 70,000+ person Georgia Dome will host WrestleMania 27 next spring, according to AccessAtlanta.com. WWE will make the announcement on Monday at a press conference at the Georgia Dome. “Atlanta has a long-standing reputation of hosting the highest level of sporting events,” said Atlanta Sports Council president Gary Stokan. “Adding Wrestlemania 27 to our list of wins would further showcase Atlanta as the sports capital of the world.”

WWE Smackdown Results 1/29/10
By PainLord
Jan 29, 2010 - 11:12:36 PM

Report by Richard Trionfo and PWinsider.com

WWE Smackdown 1/29/10
From Cincinnati, Ohio
Announcers: Todd Grisham and Matt Striker

We start off with a reminder that Degeneration X will be defending their tag titles against CM Punk and Luke Gallows.

Things start off with the men who can go from brand to brand but are making their first appearance on Smackdown as the Unified Tag Champions.

Match Number One: Degeneration X versus CM Punk and Luke Gallows for the Unified Tag Titles

Before Hunter can ask everyone if they are ready, Rey Mysterio’s music plays and he comes to the ring. Rey tells Shawn that he respects him but he does not think that Shawn respects him. He says that he has been watching Raw and hearing Shawn talking about winning the Royal Rumble match and facing the Undertaker. Rey says that Shawn thinks that Taker will win and retain his title on Sunday at the Royal Rumble.

Shawn says that is exactly what he thinks. He wants to know why Rey came out to get in his face. Hunter says that Rey is coming out looking for a fight, but Hornswoggle isn’t here tonight so he tells Rey to run along. Rey asks Hunter if he thinks that is funny. Rey tells Hunter that he is going to do something that neither Shawn nor Hunter could do at Wrestlemania. He says that he will do something that neither of them will ever get to do, and that is defeat the Undertaker. Shawn wants to know what happens if Rey doesn’t make it to the Royal Rumble. Rey wants to know what would happen if Shawn doesn’t make it to the Royal Rumble. Rey says that if there is a problem, they can take care of it in the ring.

CM Punk’s music plays and he comes out with Luke Gallows and Serena. They walk to the ring and Punk tells Rey Mysterio that he has to be high on some sort of illegal pharmaceutical substance. He comments on Rey’s statement that he watched Raw and heard what Shawn said, but he suggests that Rey watch Smackdown because the Straight Edge Society becomes the first ever Straight Edge Unified Tag Team Champions tonight. He says that he came out here tonight with a purpose. He is here to lead a crusade and he has his disciples with him.

Hunter tells Punk that he has been watching Smackdown and he is relieved to know that Punk is straight, but he doesn’t think that people give a crap about the ‘I don’t drink’ thing.

Punk tells Hunter that people do give a crap and he says that Hunter knows nothing about straight edge. Hunter says that he doesn’t know anything about it and he doesn’t get it. Hunter says that he doesn’t smoke, drink, or do drugs, but he doesn’t look like he has been on a week long drug binge with Amy Winehouse. Hunter tells Punk to have a little pride and clean himself up. Hunter tells Punk to take a shower because he doesn’t know which one of them it is, but someone stinks. Punk wants to know if the amateur comedy hour is over because he is here to take the tag titles.

Teddy Long comes out and he has something to say from the stage. He tells the playas that things aren’t going down like this because this is the WWE. When opportunity knocks, things have a tendency to change. Teddy tells Punk and Luke that they aren’t getting their title match tonight. Punk is outraged. Teddy says that they are going to do it even bigger. For the first time ever on Smackdown, Rey Mysterio will face Shawn Michaels. Rey and Shawn stare at each other. Teddy tells Punk that he will be in a match tonight and he will be facing Triple H.

We are back with the WWE Rewind: We take a look back at Serena’s entry into the Straight Edge Society.

Match Number One (We Really Mean it this time): CM Punk with Luke Gallows and Serena versus Triple H

They lock up and Hunter with a side head lock and take down. Punk gets to his feet and Hunter with a shoulder tackle. Hunter blocks a hip toss and Hunter hits a short arm clothesline for a near fall. Hunter with a side head lock and take down one more time. Punk gets to his feet and he backs Hunter into the turnbuckles and Punk with shoulders instead of a clean break. The referee warns Punk but Punk returns to Hunter and connects with knees in the corner. The referee warns Punk one more time. Punk kicks Hunter after sending Hunter into the turnbuckles. Hunter with punches but Punk responds with more punches. Hunter tries for the Pedigree but Punk escapes and goes to the floor. Hunter pulls Punk back into the ring and then Hunter stars at Gallows long enough to allow Punk to recover and he drops Hunter on the top rope. Punk hits the springboard clothesline and Hunter goes to the floor. We go to commercial.

We are back and Punk with a snap mare and a kick to the back allowing Punk to get a near fall. Punk with a figure four head scissors. We see footage from the commercial break when Punk hit a baseball slide that sent Hunter into the announce table. We return to the action in the ring and Punk maintains the head scissors. Punk adds elbows to the head and then he gets a near fall. Punk mocks the crotch chop and Hunter punches Punk but Punk with a spinning heel kick for a near fall. Punk with a hard Irish whip and then he kicks Hunter in the chest. Punk sets for a suplex but Hunter blocks it and Hunter hits a suplex of his own. Hunter gets to his feet first but Punk with a roundhouse kick for a near fall. Punk returns to the head scissors and Hunter tries to escape but he has to get to the ropes. Punk runs into a boot in the corner and then Hunter with a spinebuster and both men are down. Both men struggle to get back to their feet but Hunter is able to connect with a series of punches. Hunter with a facebuster and then he punches Punk. The referee warns Hunter and then Hunter with a crotch chop followed by a punch for a near fall. Hunter with the Harley Race high knee for a near fall. Hunter sets for the Pedigree but Punk with a back body drop to counter. Punk with a running knee into the corner and Punk tries for the bulldog but Hunter stops Punk and hits an atomic drop onto the knee. Hunter puts Punk in a figure four leg lock and Punk tries to do everything to avoid tapping out. Hunter uses the ropes for extra leverage. Serena gets into the ring to distract the referee and that allows Luke to rake the eyes to get Hunter to release the hold. Punk with a spinning back kick and then he gets Hunter up for the Go To Sleep but Hunter escapes the hold and then he kicks Punk and tries for the Pedigree but Serena runs in and she chokes Hunter after climbing on his back. The referee calls for the bell.

Winner: Triple H by disqualification

After the match, Hunter arm drags Serena off his back and then he punches Punk. Serena climbs on Hunter’s back again and Luke punches Hunter. Luke continues the attack on Hunter while Serena chokes him. Luke pulls Hunter into the center of the ring and he punches Hunter. Punk with elbows to Hunter’s head while Luke gets the Straight Edge Clippers. Luke punches Hunter while Punk holds the clippers over his head and that gives Shawn Michaels enough time come out and he punches Luke. Hunter and Shawn clothesline Luke over the top rope to the floor. Punk turns around and he sees Shawn and Hunter standing across the ring. Punk puts Serena in front of him to protect him. Punk leaves the ring. Shawn starts to move with Sweet Chin Music but Serena leaves the ring before Shawn can complete the move.

We go to commercial with Chris Jericho walking in the back.

We are back and wee see footage from last week’s tag match when R Truth pinned Chris Jericho due to some quick thinking by John Morrison to push Drew McIntyre into the ring to distract the referee.

Match Number Two: Chris Jericho versus R Truth

Jericho with a kick and forearm and then he sends Truth into the turnbuckles and punches him before applying a side head lock. Jericho with a shoulder tackle but Truth with a hip toss and drop kick followed by a clothesline that sends Jericho over the top rope to the floor. Truth tries for a pescado but Jericho moves out of the way and Truth hits the floor hard as we go to commercial.

We are back and Jericho with a kick to the midsection. Jericho with a kick to the upper chest and then to the midsection. Jericho with a few more knees to the midsection. Truth with punches to Jericho but Jericho picks up Truth and drops him on the top rope and gets a near fall. Truth struggles to get back to his feet and Jericho hits a gut buster as he continues to work on Truth’s midsection. Jericho with an abdominal stretch and he punches Truth in the ribs to add extra pressure. Truth with a hip toss to escape the hold. Jericho with a kick but Truth with a flying clothesline and then he punches Jericho. Truth continues the offense with a tilt-a-whirl head scissors and leg lariat for a near fall. Truth misses a kick and then Jericho tries for the Walls of Jericho and he locks it up but Truth counters with a rollup for a near fall. Jericho with another kick and then he tries for the Codebreaker but Truth holds on to the ropes. Truth gets the three count with a jackknife cover.
Winner: R Truth

It is time to discuss the match between the Undertaker and Rey Mysterio at the Royal Rumble. We see the confrontation last week and Batista’s attack on Rey Mysterio followed by Batista’s hasty retreat through the crowd.

We go to the locker room where Batista is with Josh Mathews. Josh asks Batista about the Rumble match. He says that last week he put the spotlight where it belongs and that is on him. Batista says that he is the rightful World Champion and he was cheated out of the number one contender spot. He made a simple statement. Batista says that he is going to win the Royal Rumble and get his World Title Match at Wrestlemania. He says that if anyone gets in his way, and that means Triple H, Shawn Michaels, or John Cena, they are going to get hurt.

John Morrison walks in the back as we go to commercial.

We are back and WWE.com gets a lot of page hits.

John Morrison has something to say before his match. He says that unlike Drew McIntyre, he wasn’t hand picked by the brass in the back and pedigreed into their corporate champion. He reminds Drew that he saw him drop the title to celebrate with Sheamus. He says that Drew doesn’t know what the title means. He says that Drew is talented, but he does not appreciate what he has because he has taken shortcuts. John points out that there are no rules tonight so anything goes. He says that Drew cannot cheat or run.

Match Number Three: John Morrison versus Drew McIntyre for the Intercontinental Title in a No Disqualification Match

Morrison with a kick and forearms to McIntyre. Morrison punches McIntyre even though the champion is in the ropes. McIntyre charges into a leg lariat for a near fall. Morrison clotheslines McIntyre over the top rope to the floor. Morrison goes after McIntyre but McIntyre gets a kendo stick from under the ring and he hits Morrison with it. McIntyre rolls Morrison into the ring and then he gets a near fall. McIntyre backs Morrison into the turnbuckles and then he hits a few short clotheslines. McIntyre with a short arm clothesline and gets a near fall. McIntyre with an arm bar and cross face on Morrison. Morrison with forearms and then he tries a float over in the turnbuckles but McIntyre with a kick to the chest and he gets a near fall. Morrison punches McIntyre and then he kicks him in the leg. Morrison with a forearm and McIntyre goes to the floor. Morrison with a kick off the apron to McIntyre. They return to the ring and McIntyre tries to use the title belt but Morrison gets out of the way. Morrison punches McIntyre but McIntyre with a kick to Morrison and then he punches Morrison on the mat. McIntyre poses with the title belt and then stands over Morrison as we go to commercial.

We are back and McIntyre with an arm bar. Morrison with a punch but McIntyre with a kick. Morrison with an Irish whip and then he tries for the springboard spin kick but McIntyre is able to send Morrison over the top rope to the floor. McIntyre goes out to the floor and he grabs the ring steps and he picks them over his head and he throws them at Morrison but John moves and they hit the ring post. McIntyre clotheslines Morrison over the ringside barrier into the crowd. McIntyre punches Morrison as they fight further back into the crowd. Morrison sends McIntyre into the hockey boards. Morrison punches McIntyre and then he sends McIntyre back into the ringside area. Morrison with a flying clothesline to McIntyre. Morrison punches McIntyre and then he gets the kendo stick and hits McIntyre in the midsection and back with it. McIntyre with a forearm to the head and then to the back. McIntyre picks up the kendo stick again and he charges at Morrison but Morrison with a hip toss onto the steps. Morrison rolls Drew into the ring and gets a near fall. Morrison pulls McIntyre into the corner for the split legged corkscrew moonsault and he lands on Drew’s knees. Drew hits the double underhook DDT onto the title belt for the three count.
Winner: Drew McIntyre

After the match, McIntyre stands over Morrison and holds the title belt.

We go to commercial.

We are back and Michelle McCool comes to the ring. We are reminded that Michelle defends the title against Mickie James on Sunday night.

Michelle thanks everyone for the warm response. She says that she has given all of her fans a huge favor last week. She sent Piggy James to the barnyard forever. Michelle says that she is not coming back. Michelle says that if they are anything like her, she can’t stop smiling. We see footage from last week. Michelle is still laughing about it a week later. Michelle apologizes for angering Mickie’s fans. She says that she is sorry that she won’t be able to defend the title on Sunday. Michelle says that she is a fighting champion and if anyone in the locker room thinks that they can take the title from her, let’s do it right now.

Mickie’s music plays and she comes out . . . but it isn’t the real Mickie James, it is Layla in a fat suit. She says that she couldn’t stop crying last week because she didn’t get enough cake. Michelle says that she made two cakes for Mickie. Not Mickie says that she is not going to give up her title match. Michelle asks Not Mickie if she wants something to eat. Michelle takes a donut from Not Mickie because she really cares.

Match Number Four (Kind of): Michelle McCool versus Mickie James played tonight by Layla in a fat suit

Michelle has Not Mickie chase her around the ring and Not Mickie is unable to get in without help from Michelle. Not Mickie misses a charge into the corner and Not Mickie falls over Michelle for the three count.
Winner: Michelle McCool

After the match, Not Mickie falls on top of Michelle when Michelle tries to help her up.

We go to commercial.

We are back and did you know that more than half of the Royal Rumble winners have won the title at Wrestlemania.

It is time for the Royal Rumble by the Numbers video package.

It is time to run through the rest of the card for the Royal Rumble.

We see Shawn Michaels walking through the back before his match with Rey Mysterio and he walks past where Batista is standing. Batista says hello to Shawn and he tells Shawn that he doesn’t care about Shawn’s obsession with the Undertaker so he wanted to tell Shawn to his face to stay out of his way at the Royal Rumble. Shawn tells Dave that he always thought he was overrated. Dave takes off his hat and says that maybe he should . . . Hunter makes his way into the picture and asks Batista what it is that he should be doing.

Shawn goes to the ring and Hunter asks Dave if he has something to say to him. Dave puts his hat back on and he leaves. We go to commercial.

Match Number Four: Rey Mysterio versus Shawn Michaels

They lock up and Shawn with a side head lock and take down. Michaels with a shoulder tackle followed by a chop that sends Rey to the mat. Michaels with another chop in the corner followed by an Irish whip. Rey floats over but Michaels with another chop. Rey with an Irish whip but he misses a charge into the corner and Shawn throws Rey out of the ring. Shawn goes to the floor but Rey returns to the ring. Rey with a tilt a whirl head scissors and that sends Shawn into the position but Shawn is able to get to the floor before Rey can hit the 619. Shawn returns to the ring and Rey gestures that he almost got him. Shawn with a knee to the midsection and a kick to the back. Shawn with a chop in the corner but he misses a second one and Rey with kicks and forearms. Shawn with a chop to respond and Rey goes to the floor. Shawn goes to the floor and he continues to redden Rey’s chest with more chops. They return to the ring and Shawn with a snap mare and a boot to the head. Rey with a drop toe hold and Shawn falls into the ropes. Shawn gets back to his feet and he tries for Sweet Chin Music but Rey runs under it. Rey with a kick and then he sends Shawn over the top rope to the floor with a rana and Rey hits the floor as well. We go to commercial.

We are back and Rey kicks Shawn in the leg and he connects with a forearm and punches in the corner. Rey kicks Michaels in the corner and then he works on the leg to affect Shawn’s ability to hit Sweet Chin Music. Rey with a snap mare and a step over toe hold. Rey with a kick and head butt to the leg. Shawn with a chop but Rey with forearms. Shawn with a swinging neck breaker and both men are down. Shawn chops Rey again and then he Irish whips Rey into the corner but Rey with a drop toe hold to Shawn that sends him into the turnbuckles. Rey goes up top but Shawn trips him and Rey is in the Tree of Woe but the referee pulls Rey off. Shawn tries for a slam but Rey tries for a drop kick. Shawn blocks it and he puts Rey in a figure four leg lock. Rey reaches for the ropes. Rey gets to the ropes and then he hits an enzuigiri and both men are down again. Shawn with a chop but Rey with a forearm. Shawn with a punch but Rey with a kick to the injured leg. Rey with a forearm and Shawn with more chops. Shawn with the flying forearm and then he kips up and Shawn with a reverse atomic drop attempt that is countered with a rana. Shawn charges into a boot from Rey. Rey goes to the apron and hits a springboard seated splash for a near fall. Rey tries for a springboard cross body and Shawn with a reverse atomic drop for a near fall. Shawn tries for a slam but Rey with an inverted DDT counter. Rey goes to the apron for a springboard dive but he lands on Shawn’s knees. Shawn goes up top for the elbow drop and he hits it. Shawn sets for Sweet Chin Music but Rey with a spinning heel kick and Shawn falls into the ropes and Rey hits the 619. Rey goes to the apron and he tries for the springboard move but Shawn hits Sweet Chin Music.

From out of nowhere, Batista comes to the ring and he hits a spear on Shawn and then he hits a spinebuster on Rey.

No Contest

Triple H comes to the ring and he punches Batista but Batista punches back. Hunter with a spinebuster on Batista and then he hits a clothesline that sends both of them to the floor.

Shawn and Rey get to their feet and the lights go out.

The lights go back on and Taker is standing in front of both men. Taker grabs Shawn by the throat and then he grabs Rey and hits a double choke slam.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #305 on: January 29, 2010, 09:36:01 PM »
John Morrison Says He Didn't Know He Was In The Rumble, Talks About Sheamus
By Amish Patel
Jan 29, 2010 - 2:24:44 PM

-- In an interview with SLAM! Wrestling, WWE star John Morrison says that he didn't know he was not advertised for the Royal Rumble match, saying, "Holy crap," Morrison said. This whole time I thought I was. I'm sure I'll be in there."

In terms of climbing to main-event status, Morrison said, "I think my path has been a slow rise, I think a lot of people rise too quickly and they find out when they get there -- I think Sheamus is going to find out -- that they haven't really earned the respect of the WWE Universe or the locker room, and they're going to end up falling flat, falling back down the card and either walk back up to the top or just fall right down and stay down

Two WWE Superstars Pulled Out Of The Royal Rumble
By Amish Patel
Jan 29, 2010 - 2:17:51 PM

-- Both Santino Marella and Hurricane Helms have been pulled from the official list of WWE Royal Rumble participants, according to WWE.com.

It's likely Helms' has been pulled due to the incident that took place this week, and Santino may be selling after the beating he received from Jack Swagger this past week on RAW.

Update On Torrie Wilson's Gun Incident: Friends & Fans Concerned
By Michael Bluth
Jan 29, 2010 - 9:56:48 AM

Friends and fans of Torrie Wilson are concerned after some disturbing messages she posted on Twitter this week.

The former WWE diva wrote that she was alone at home and felt scared, so she got out a loaded pistol, took the safety off and accidentally fired a shot into her bathroom that went through the ceiling.

Torrie wrote:"Funny story: last nite i was alone & scared so i pulled out my pistol 4 protection & pulld the safey & let go n it SHOT outta my hands i
to the bathroom & thru the ceiling! Crazy n glad didnt kill a dog!! eiling! Glad noone died!"

Several people replied asking if she was ok, including TNA Knockout Tara (former WWE Diva Victoria).

Tara wrote: "How scary. Be careful ... Call me to let me know you are okay. Everyone is worried about you. Especially me Siz!!!"

Torrie replied: "ok guys i promise im taking a gun handling class! i know its not funny but since im ok it kinda is..mostly cuz THAT situations typical -tor"

Court Date for Jericho & Helms, Fines They're Facing, Jeff Hardy Comments, More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 29, 2010 - 4:42:20 AM

- Cincinnati.com had an article up yesterday evening about the arrests of Hurricane Helms and Chris Jericho. They noted that around 4AM on Wednesday, an Erlanger police officer patrolling Crescent Springs saw a group of five people being rowdy in a shopping center parking lot. The officer told the group they needed to leave and some of them got a taxi. This was shortly before the taxi driver pulled over and called 911 after the incident in the backseat.

While other reports have came out since then, Cincinnati.com noted that Helms ran and was later found by police but Matt Hardy couldn't be found by them. It's been mentioned now that Hardy was not sober and as you read before, the woman involved is now claiming that the whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Cincinnati.com noted that a conviction on the misdemeanor charge of public intoxication carries a fine of $25 and court costs of $134. Helms and Jericho can appear in court on February 16th to challenge the charges or they can have the charges dismissed by paying $159 total before court date.

WWE released a statement to the paper saying that they assume the authorities will take proper action if necessary but declined further comment.

- Jeff Hardy commented on the situation with these messages on his Twitter: "Sure tmz picked up their mug shot..big deal..their awesome &why should that be second guessed over an extremely simple situation?Love Je ..." and "They got arrested...it's a shame they care or think it makes them look bad..their amazing employees.....&"

Jeff's girlfriend Beth, who is good friends with Helms and Matt, wrote this on her Twitter: "WOW! MMH made the TMZ headlines! He's on the scoreboard now! So hilarious that the story is about nothing...TMZ is in the entertainment business
also, keep that in mind. Funny thing is, Matt wasn't even drinking & didn't have any involvement. Classic TMZ sensationalism. Actually, I was asked to post that. And, to clarify, he wasn't DRUNK. Better?"

Randy Orton Asked About Helms & Jericho Arrests, Legacy Hyping the Rumble & More
By Marc Middleton
Jan 29, 2010 - 4:29:16 AM

- Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes are scheduled to appear at tonight's Atlanta Hawks basketball game in Atlanta to promote Sunday's Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

- Independent wrestler Chasyn Rance will be appearing on the new season of Tool Academy on VH1. The show debuts on Valentine's Day at 9PM.

- TMZ cameras caught up with Randy Orton at an airport yesterday and asked him about the arrests of Chris Jericho and Hurricane Helms. Orton seemed legitimately surprised at the news and claimed he didn't know anything about either of them being arrested. The TMZ reporter talked about how WWE stars are always getting in trouble and Orton said, "We represent the WWE in a very positive manner. Getting in trouble isn't positive now, is it?"

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #306 on: January 29, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »
Woman Involved in Helms-Jericho Arrest Says It Was 'Play Fighting', More Details
By Marc Middleton
Jan 29, 2010 - 2:49:46 AM

- TMZ.com has a new article up with comments from Ashley Storer, the woman who was involved in the incident with Chris Jericho, Hurricane Helms and Matt Hardy earlier this week that led to Helms and Jericho being arrested for public intoxication.

Storer, who allegedly took an elbow to the face from Helms, says she has no ill feelings towards him and that it was a "play fight" she was involved in. She claims that they were all crammed into the back of the taxi and she got stuck between Helms and Jericho, who began play fighting. Storer says the "play fight" escalated because everyone was drunk.

Storer now says she took an elbow tot he cheek, causing the cab driver to pull over at a gas station where Helms and Jericho were arrested. Storer also claims that Matt Hardy was completely sober.

She also says that the cops blew the whole thing out of proportion but admits she may have made the situation worse because, "I was crying and drunk and tired from being out all night and I just wanted to leave."

Report: WWE insiders dispute claims regarding Helms/Hardy/Jericho incident
By Brian Cantor
Jan 28, 2010 - 10:44:35 PM

While no one is publicly contesting that Gregory Helms, Chris Jericho and Matt Hardy were involved in some sort of incident prior to Helms and Jericho getting arrested for public intoxication, wrestling insiders are disputing some portions of the story.

TMZ's most recent report alleges that Helms struck Jericho, another man (Gary Kelley) and a female (Ashley Storer). The gossip website's story says that Helms and Hardy fled the scene following the incident, only for Helms to soon return to the Kentucky gas station where he and Jericho were subsequently arrested.

F4WOnline.com, however, says wrestling insiders are disputing the claim that Helms struck the woman. The story also claims that Hardy only ran from the cab in an attempt to retrieve Helms; according to those sources, he was not trying to "get away" with anything.

-- As an additional update, it was reportedly CM Punk and Christian who posted bond to get Jericho and Helms released from custody.

More On Jericho & Helms' Arrests, Lashley Added To EA MMA Video Game
By Michael Bluth
Jan 28, 2010 - 6:19:21 PM

- MTV.com has an article detailing the Wednesday morning arrests of Chris Jericho and Gregory Helms for public intoxication. MTV notes that Jericho's metal band Fozzy released their fourth album, Chasing the Grail this week. In an interview with MTV News, Jericho described the album as "surprisingly mature." Several other music websites have picked up on the Jericho arrest story through his involvement in Fozzy.

- In a bit of irony, Gregory Helms was listed as "Superstar of the Day" earlier today on WWE.com. He only got to be Superstar of the morning, as he was taken down and replaced with Cody Rhodes in the afternoon.

-- TNA star and MMA fighter Bobby Lashley, who makes his Strikeforce MMA debut this Saturday night on Showtime, will be a playable character in the upcoming EA Sports MMA video game. Lashley's addition to EA MMA was announced on today's "MMA Live" show on ESPN.com. Lashley joins Fedor Emelianenko and Randy Couture as big names in the game. EA MMA, which will challenge the sequal to UFC's popular "UFC: Undisputed" game, will be available on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 platforms this summer.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #307 on: January 30, 2010, 07:20:53 AM »
At this point, Vince may welcome the media / public attention.
A lot of times, his attitude is, "even bad publicity is still publicity."
Compared with some of the events over the more recent years, this isn't even that bad.

This story reminds me more of the shit you used to hear about in the 80’s.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #308 on: January 30, 2010, 01:28:50 PM »
Yesterday, during the "State of TNA Address," Eric Bischoff said that he never "crapped on" Chris Jericho." Eric said that he likes him, but he doesn't think that Y2J can headline.

Wrestlezone.com posted that, in response to that comment, Jericho tweeted the following: "Bischoffs right I can't headline in TNA...cos I'm not in my 50s."

Also, it sounds right now like WrestleMania XXVII may be held at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georiga next spring.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: January 31, 2010, 06:25:36 PM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that Ring of Honor Wrestling is suing Ric Flair, claiming that he owes the promotion over $40,000.

The suit was filed this past Thursday in Bucks County, PA, and it's claiming that Flair failed to make all his scheduled appearances as ROH's Ambassador.

The suit claims that Flair was contractually obligated to make 5 appearances for ROH, with each appearance paying him $10,000. Ring of Honor is arguing that they paid Flair $35,000 and that he only made one scheduled appearance for the company before withdrawing from the promotion due to his relationship with WWE.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: February 01, 2010, 06:48:20 AM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that Ring of Honor Wrestling is suing Ric Flair, claiming that he owes the promotion over $40,000.

The suit was filed this past Thursday in Bucks County, PA, and it's claiming that Flair failed to make all his scheduled appearances as ROH's Ambassador.

The suit claims that Flair was contractually obligated to make 5 appearances for ROH, with each appearance paying him $10,000. Ring of Honor is arguing that they paid Flair $35,000 and that he only made one scheduled appearance for the company before withdrawing from the promotion due to his relationship with WWE.

Wow...for 10 g's an appearance hell i'll show up in Flair's place!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: February 01, 2010, 06:55:56 AM »
It's not right for Flair to keep that money if he didn't hold up his end.
Why would he even think it's okay?

ROH should never have paid the full sum up front.
It's like paying contractors to work on your house.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: February 02, 2010, 04:43:52 AM »
Some possible WM spoilers...

There are plans to feature SD! stars on RAW and RAW stars on SD! leading into WrestleMania.

For those who have asked, there will also be a SmackDown! Elimination Chamber match. I'd expect qualifying matches later tonight at the TV tapings.

'The Cutting Edge' will return this week on SD!. The main guest will feature The Undertaker.

As of last Friday, there were talks of doing Batista and Vince McMahon vs. John Cena and Bret Hart, likely at WrestleMania. It's possible they may do it at the Elimination Chamber PPV though and then have Cena vs. Batista and Vince vs. Bret (streetfight) in singles matches at WrestleMania. Also planned for WrestleMania is a hair vs. mask match featuring CM Punk and Rey Mysterio. You know the obvious winner there. Stay tuned!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #313 on: February 02, 2010, 06:33:53 AM »
Some possible WM spoilers...

There are plans to feature SD! stars on RAW and RAW stars on SD! leading into WrestleMania.

For those who have asked, there will also be a SmackDown! Elimination Chamber match. I'd expect qualifying matches later tonight at the TV tapings.

'The Cutting Edge' will return this week on SD!. The main guest will feature The Undertaker.

As of last Friday, there were talks of doing Batista and Vince McMahon vs. John Cena and Bret Hart, likely at WrestleMania. It's possible they may do it at the Elimination Chamber PPV though and then have Cena vs. Batista and Vince vs. Bret (streetfight) in singles matches at WrestleMania. Also planned for WrestleMania is a hair vs. mask match featuring CM Punk and Rey Mysterio. You know the obvious winner there. Stay tuned!

Bret vs Vince in a one on one would be awful.  Back in the day Bret could have carried him to a decent match, but now there is no way.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: February 02, 2010, 07:17:21 AM »
Bret vs Vince in a one on one would be awful.  Back in the day Bret could have carried him to a decent match, but now there is no way.
I highly doubt that Vince will fight Bret. Bret cannot do anything in terms of taking bumps due to the stroke he had and Vince is well into his sixties. Its just a rumour but I noticed lately the WWE has been throwing fake storylines out just to throw people off.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: February 03, 2010, 07:14:50 AM »
On tonight's edition of ECW on SyFy, Vince McMahon announced that ECW will finish up in three weeks and will be replaced by the next evolution of the WWE.

The final episode of ECW on SyFy airs on March 23rd, with the debut of "WWE NXT" to air on March 2nd. The episode will likely be taped that evening from Wichita, Kansas.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: February 03, 2010, 08:59:10 AM »
ProWrestling.net is reporting that many SyFy executives have been pushing for WWE to make changes to the brand, including dropping the ECW letters, renaming the show, and focussing it more on younger superstars, which is something WWE has already put into motion.

It's also being said that SyFy is pushing for WWE to incorporate more Science Fiction-oriented story lines, and conspiracy theory-type angles.

^^Oh, boy…

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: February 03, 2010, 10:33:42 AM »
ProWrestling.net is reporting that many SyFy executives have been pushing for WWE to make changes to the brand, including dropping the ECW letters, renaming the show, and focussing it more on younger superstars, which is something WWE has already put into motion.

It's also being said that SyFy is pushing for WWE to incorporate more Science Fiction-oriented story lines, and conspiracy theory-type angles.

^^Oh, boy…

The ECW show was useless. Glad to see they finally got smart and are dropping it. They can take the wrestlers on that brand and split them up between Raw & Smackdown.

Don't worry, Mont. Vince is stupid..yes...but not that stupid.  :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: February 03, 2010, 10:34:52 AM »
 ;D

It was an abomination to call that program ECW.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #319 on: February 03, 2010, 11:41:46 AM »
There's a lot that happens in production meetings, but Vince has the final say in everything that happens. Just another one of those great mysteries...

Why didn't we ever get Hogan vs. Flair in 1991 WWF?
 :-\

Side bar:
I ceased watching the "ECW" mockery as soon as it became obvious that they were making a swift and total departure from what the real ECW was all about.
Would have loved to see Vince take ownership & control over financing, etc., but leave Heyman in charge as booker, and run the shows exactly as they were.

Maybe Vince's ego would not allow him to do that.
Maybe he was afraid that that brand would outshine his own.
If the 1998 ECW was here right now, it would.

I'm sure Vince wouldn't like that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #320 on: February 03, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »
There's a lot that happens in production meetings, but Vince has the final say in everything that happens. Just another one of those great mysteries...

Why didn't we ever get Hogan vs. Flair in 1991 WWF?
 :-\

Side bar:
I ceased watching the "ECW" mockery as soon as it became obvious that they were making a swift and total departure from what the real ECW was all about.
Would have loved to see Vince take ownership & control over financing, etc., but leave Heyman in charge as booker, and run the shows exactly as they were.

Maybe Vince's ego would not allow him to do that.
Maybe he was afraid that that brand would outshine his own.
If the 1998 ECW was here right now, it would.

I'm sure Vince wouldn't like that.

I totally agree with your post on the original ECW and the mockery that Vince has made it. Mind you, Vince didn't create it so enough said there. We all know Vince trashes anything he never created.

Vince is not as smart and as shrud as people make him out to be. The fact that he never cashed in on the Flair vs Hogan fued in 1991 is a perfect example. They did fight once at a house show at MSG, but that was it. It ended in a draw. Its on the new Hogan dvd.

Another "brilliant" Vince idea was back in 1987. He wanted the bulldogs to lose the tag titles to the Sheik & Volkoff due to Billiongton's back injury. Imagine that??? The Sheik & Volkoff as tag champs? Ratings would have spiraled out of control and the Hart Foundation would have never been noticed for their talents, especially Bret Hart...the feds future multitime main eventer and champion. It was Billington that said to Vince, "No way, we either lose it to the Harts or we don't lose the titles at all."

Vince has a serious ego problem. He nearly got put right out of business by Eric Bishoff & WCW. He was in so much financial peril that he had to back out of the "new 20 year deal" that he made with Bret Hart which is why Bret went to the WCW in the first place. Otherwise Bret wanted to stay and even said to Vince, "Talk me into staying."

WM1 was another example of stupidity. Vince wanted Mr.T to get the winning pin on Cowboy Bob Orton. It was Piper that stepped in and said, "No, no, no....this guy is coming into our backyard, he plays by our rules."

Vince is lucky that he has a creative staff that knows the wrestling industry as well as bookers and others that have been around. otherwise he would be cooked. Sometimes its better to be lucky then smart and Vince McMahon is lucky.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: February 03, 2010, 01:06:35 PM »
Variety.com is reporting that SpikeTV will begin airing a new wrestling show called "Half Pint Brawlers" in June.

The article notes that the show "will examine the world of little-person wrestling and its increasing popularity as an underground sport."
It also claims that "participants often perform in venues where crowds can often reach 5,000." The show is currently slated for 6, thirty minute episodes.

If Vince isn't careful. . .

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: February 03, 2010, 01:16:53 PM »
Variety.com is reporting that SpikeTV will begin airing a new wrestling show called "Half Pint Brawlers" in June.

The article notes that the show "will examine the world of little-person wrestling and its increasing popularity as an underground sport."
It also claims that "participants often perform in venues where crowds can often reach 5,000." The show is currently slated for 6, thirty minute episodes.

If Vince isn't careful. . .
Sounds interesting. I will surely have to tune in.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #323 on: February 03, 2010, 01:58:26 PM »
WWE Announces 3 More RAW Guest Hosts (2/22 & 3/8)
By Michael Bluth
Feb 3, 2010 - 3:23:28 PM

WWE has announced who will host Monday Night Raw on February 22nd (the night after the Elimination Chamber PPV) and March 8th.

Just added to WWE.com's Upcoming Raw Guest Hosts page are:

February 22, 2010: Jewel & Ty Murray
What does two-time Grammy Award winner Jewel and nine-time bull riding world champion Ty Murray have in common? They are a celebrity power couple ready to bring even more action and excitement to Monday Night Raw live from Indianapolis.

March 8, 2010: Criss Angel
Raw will bring extra magic and quite possibly blow your mind only three weeks before WrestleMania as the “mindfreak” himself, Criss Angel, hosts Raw from Portland, Ore.

Taz Blogs About ECW Shutting Down & Criticizes Vince McMahon
By Michael Bluth
Feb 3, 2010 - 2:35:33 PM

ECW original and TNA announcer Taz has posted a message on his Facebook.com page regarding Vince McMahon's announcement that ECW is shutting down once and for all in 3 weeks.

Last night on Twitter, Taz wrote "thank god" WWE's version of ECW is done and sarcastically called McMahon not thanking Paul Heyman or the ECW originals a "classy" move. On Facebook, Taz explains exactly what bothered him about McMahon's announcement:

"Point is, why not acknowledge the Paul Heymens contributions to the industry? Or, saying thanks to all the ECW original wrestlers? A lot of blood, sweat and tears were dropped during the original ECW's life! If you are going to thank cameramen & directors (etc) than acknowledge the past history because its well deserved.

Even if Vince McMahon did not feel Paul Heyman and the ECW originals deserved to be acknowledged, Taz feels Vince once again left money on the table by not getting the most out of an asset he bought:

"If you utilized the letters ECW to make a lot of $$$ over the past several years I would assume that your respect the history of ECW? If you would produce and sell a successful DVD documenting the companies history...I would assume you feel that the original ECW history has value....than why not give it a proper send off?"

He concluded the message by saying he's happy the ECW letters are being retired, as they deserve to rest in peace.

John Cena Health Update, WWE NXT, Lashley's Strikeforce Payday
By Michael Bluth
Feb 3, 2010 - 1:59:42 PM

-- To follow up on the news that John Cena underwent an MRI last week to determine the extent of his back injury, the MRI came back clean. It's been reported that Cena has been working with a bulging disc in his lower back and he's been working a lighter schedule in recent weeks, but he is in relatively good shape.

-- Last night on ECW, Vince McMahon announced the brand is coming to an end and a new show featuring the "next generation" of WWE programming will debut in 3 weeks during the same timeslot on SyFy. The brand will be called WWE NXT, as in "next generation." Word came out earlier today that there's already an "NXT" wrestling promotion based out of Scottland. To give more background on the original NXT promotion, it's actually a developmental promotion of sort for the Scottish Wrestling Alliance, a member of the UK's branch of the National Wrestling Alliance.

-- Bobby Lashley earned $50,000 for his MMA fight last weekend at Strikeforce: Miami, according to MMAMania.com. He was the 5th highest paid fighter on the card. Lashley defeated Wes Sims in the first round of their fight to continue his climb of the MMA heavyweight ranks. Sims earned $25,000.

Stacy Keibler On "Psych" Tonight, Hogan Talks TNA & Jesse Ventura
By Michael Bluth
Feb 3, 2010 - 12:16:06 PM

-- TNA's Hulk Hogan recently spoke to CraveOnline.com and talked about what it has been like so far working with TNA. Hilights include Hogan bragging about having "billions" of Hulkamaniacs and his rocky relationship with Ventura. When asked if he and Ventura could ever make peace, he Hogan said:

"I would love to. I would love to. I’m dying to find out what made him snap, you know, because I was around when we were doing the wrestling. Jesse came to Japan one day, you know, and he worked one or two main events the whole time I was around. And I would love to find out what really makes him tick just for curiosity reasons."

-- Former WWE Diva Stacy Keibler will be appearing on tonight's episode of the USA Network original series "Psych." USANetwork.com's preview for the episode reads:

"When Shawn and Gus join Gus' new girlfriend on a rafting trip, a member of the group goes overboard, but Shawn quickly realizes it was no accident. Sarah Shahi and Stacy Keibler guest star in "Thrill Seekers and Hell Raisers", premiering tonight at 10/9C.

RVD Upset After Movie Studio Screws Him: Batista Involved (Interview)
By Michael Bluth
Feb 3, 2010 - 11:46:24 AM

(Credit to PWTorch.com for the interview transcript)

Rob Van Dam will be starring in the upcoming straight-to-DVD action movie "Wrong Side of Town" - or so he thought.

During an interview on the "Between the Ropes" radio show, Van Dam accused the studio Lionsgate of taking him off top billing in favor of his co-star, WWE superstar Batista. Van Dam was under the impression that it was his movie, he'd be the star and Batista was a supporting character. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw that Batista was featured front and center on the DVD box.

"I thought it was my movie. The movie was written for me, I was there for three weeks, filmed every day except for one day, they came out with the DVD box cover and, oh my God, I didn't realize Batista is the star of it!," RVD said sarcastically.

Click here to see the DVD cover starring Batista.

RVD was told this action movie was his vehicle to transition into being an action star, but now he doesn't even know how the movie will turn out after it's edited and reworked.

"I was completely confused. They said this was like a vehicle for me to go into these other action movies and, yeah, Batista is the star. He was there for two days. I feel like Lionsgate pulled the carpet out from underneath my feet when I was looking. Hopefully when you watch it, I'm still starring in it."

The "Wrong Side of Town" will be released on DVD February 23.

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
« Reply #324 on: February 03, 2010, 02:03:07 PM »
WWE to Air Post-RAW Footage with Cena-Batista, Bret Talks WWE's Hart Family DVD
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2010 - 11:28:01 AM

- Ted sent word that Bret Hart made the following comments on his Facebook regarding WWE's upcoming Hart Family DVD:

"It's been especially rewarding watching the rough cut of the new Hart Family DVD coming out by the WWE in April with candid interviews by several of my sisters and brothers, who offer interesting perspectives on things that even I didn't know. This video will impress any fans that knew and loved my family. The research of footage is as impressive as any DVD project undertaken by WWE Home Video. Clips of the old Stampede days both in black and white and in color, along with rare family photos and personal interviews with varying brothers and sisters, bring back memories of imagery from Hart House family dinners, the dungeon, the Victoria Pavilion, and even Clearwater Beach. This April, I'll proudly put this DVD next to my favorites in my collection. -Bret"

- WWE announced on last night's ECW that on this Friday's SmackDown, they will be showing footage of what happened between Batista and John Cena after this week's RAW when Cena made the save for Bret Hart.

WWE's NXT Using a Name That's Already Taken, Helms' Arrest Exposed on ECW & More
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2010 - 3:15:31 AM

- The dark match after last night's SmackDown tapings in Memphis saw The Undertaker defeat Batista in a match that saw run-ins from Chris Jericho, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio and CM Punk.

- Hurricane Helms worked last night's ECW in interview with William Regal & Ezekiel Jackson that saw him get beat down. Helms' incident last week was brought up in the opening segment of ECW where his mugshot photo was shown on the big screen. Several references to Helms' arrest were made throughout the show but there was never a mention of what he was actually charged with or Chris Jericho.

- Steve Wilson sent word that there is a wrestling company out of Scotland called NXT for NXT Generation, the same name for WWE's new SyFy show on Tuesday nights. The company has been around since 2008 with regular shows and has their own wrestling school and DVD's.

Dreamer Talks WWE Ending ECW, WWE Diva Addresses a Rumor, JBL on WWE Ratings
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2010 - 3:11:12 AM

- Tommy Dreamer wrote the following on his Twitter last night about the end of ECW: "Many people have asked me why I left WWE. If you watched ECW tonight, a piece of the puzzle was revealed for my actions. Stay tuned."

- A recent report stated that Maria wouldn't be able to appear on WWE TV while the new season of Celebrity Apprentice was airing because of a clause in her contract with NBC for Apprentice. A fan mentioned this on Twitter where Maria replied that she wouldn't be leaving WWE TV.

- JBL wrote the following message on his Twitter yesterday after the RAW rating came in: "raw did 3.7 and they are happy? Shawn Michaels and i did 4.1s, ron and i did an 8.6. JBL #1 free agent in wrestling? I think so. I draw #s !"

Poster for WWE's New Movie with Big Show, What Did Maryse Say on Monday's RAW?
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2010 - 3:07:13 AM

- Ted sent word that Maryse's French translation of what she said to Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly on RAW this past Monday reads like this: “Just want to let you know that, at the end, I will win the championship.”

- Below is the official poster for WWE's new movie Knucklehead, starring Big Show

Name of Mickie's First Single, Chyna Going Into a Wrestling Hall of Fame & More
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2010 - 3:03:49 AM

- WWE Diva Maria will be appearing at the World of Wheels Auto Show in Birmingham, Alabama on Friday, February 12th beginning at 7pm.

- Former WWE Diva Chyna is set to be inducted into the new Inoki Federation Hall of Fame in October of 2010 for her work with the New Japan promotion. Chyna will be inducted into the 2010 class with Jushin Thunder Liger, Masahiro Chono and others this year.

- Mickie James revealed in a recent chat on WWE's website that the name of her first single that hits radio on February 16th is "Are You With Me?" Mickie's album comes out on March 23rd and there will be a CD release party that night in Phoenix, Arizona.

Taz Talks WWE Ending ECW, TNA Knockouts in FHM, Mick Foley Comedy Update & More
By Marc Middleton
Feb 3, 2010 - 2:57:14 AM

- The DVD for TNA's Genesis 2010 pay-per-view will be released on March 23rd.

- TNA has added Generation Me to their roster page.

- Taz commented on the end of WWE's ECW with the following message on his Twitter last night: "So,WWE ending their "vision" of ECW (thank god).ANY ORIG ECW wrestlers get a thanks? How about Paul Heyman did he get a thanks? Classy move!"

- Total Extreme Comedy with Mick Foley, Colt Cabana and Bruce "Brother Love" Prichard will take place on February 6th at the Las Vegas Hilton at 4pm, on February 24th at The Comedy Factory in Baltimore and on March 5th in Manchester, NH at the Palace Theatre.

- TNA Knockouts Madison Rayne and Velvet Sky will be appearing in an upcoming issue of the UK's FHM Magazine as they did a shoot while on the recent tour of England. Lacey Von Erich won't be appearing in the shoot as she wasn't on the tour

Posted in: WWE
Vince McMahon confirms ECW re-branding; Current show to be replaced soon
By Brian Cantor
Feb 2, 2010 - 10:53:40 PM

Though Vince McMahon's announcement Tuesday was vague, one key detail became clear--in three weeks, ECW will cease its run and be replaced in the timeslot by the "next evolution" of the WWE product.

PWInsider.com reported that the new show, which will focus on younger wrestlers, will be called WWE NXT. That was not confirmed explicitly in the announcement, but it does fit the overall motif of McMahon's cryptic words.

Plans to drop the ECW moniker, especially since the current product in no way resembles the "extreme" nature of the brand, had been in development for several months. The show's poor ratings had become an area of concern for both WWE and SyFy, and the hope is that a rebranding can breathe some life into the product.

Sources had said recently that SyFy returned to its original idea of asking WWE to incorporate science-fiction and alternative elements into the Tuesday wrestling broadcast. It is unclear if WWE's new vision honors said request.

New Name for WWE's SyFy Show Revealed, Plans for the Show, Steve Austin-RAW Note
By Marc Middleton
Feb 2, 2010 - 8:40:17 PM

- In case you missed it before, Steve Austin will be promoting his movie Damages on RAW when he hosts in March.

- WWE had trademarked "NXT" to use for the new Tuesday night show on the SyFy network. Sources have confirmed that ECW will now be called WWE NXT, with the NXT standing for Next Generation.

Apparently the show will be built around an entirely new cast of characters with the idea that WWE fans can see these characters develop and debut only on SyFy. Expect a lot of talents from WWE developmental to be called up. More details on the new WWE show should be made clear tonight.