Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758691 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: News and Notes
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2010, 04:56:30 AM »
I questioned Koko B. Ware, but...

Celebrities should not be inducted for merely making guest appearances at a PPV.
If they're like LT and actually wrestled - even just once - okay.

I wonder who else they're considering for future HOF ceremonies...
Mary Tyler More was ringside at WM.
Burt Reynolds (who was said to have really enjoyed himself there) announced the Bret Yoko match at WM X.
How about Bill Shatner?

Meanwhile, we have two cousins from England who helped revolutionize the industry...
 :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #351 on: March 24, 2010, 05:41:02 AM »
I questioned Koko B. Ware, but...

Celebrities should not be inducted for merely making guest appearances at a PPV.
If they're like LT and actually wrestled - even just once - okay.

I wonder who else they're considering for future HOF ceremonies...
Mary Tyler More was ringside at WM.
Burt Reynolds (who was said to have really enjoyed himself there) announced the Bret Yoko match at WM X.
How about Bill Shatner?

Meanwhile, we have two cousins from England who helped revolutionize the industry...
 :-\
Then WWE wonders why retired wrestlers hate them so much. It's like Bret Hart said in his book. "WWE stars are nothing but circus animals and Vince McMahon is the ring master. He uses and abuses you until you cannot do anymore and then dispences with you."

There are tons of retired wrestlers that flat out refused to be inducted into the HOF when contacted because of their bitterness towards the WWE, how they monoplized the wrestling industry, not recognizing other large territories around the world and the wrestlers that had large fame from those territories, and the fact the they simply don't care.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #352 on: March 25, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »
what's the deal with the ultimate warrior aka jim helwig, wwe included him in the opening segment for some apparent reason? i thought he reconciled and was going in the hof but apparently not.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #353 on: March 29, 2010, 11:11:37 AM »
what's the deal with the ultimate warrior aka jim helwig, wwe included him in the opening segment for some apparent reason? i thought he reconciled and was going in the hof but apparently not.
Warrior is a dick head. Case closed.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #354 on: April 14, 2010, 05:29:32 PM »
F4WOnline.com is reporting that there is growing concern amongst TNA officials that Jeff Hardy might once again be dealing with past issues that plagued him during his last run with the company, and also lead to his release from WWE prior to debuting with TNA. It's being reported that Kevin Nash suffered a concussion during the cage match he had against Hardy when Jeff hit the Swanton Bomb on Nash's head.

Many backstage TNA officials believe that Hardy's work since returning to TNA has been sub par, with examples being that his promos are mostly babble and appear incoherent, his ring work is unusually sloppy and his behavior is erratic.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: April 14, 2010, 05:34:12 PM »
The UK Sun is reporting that TNA star Kurt Angle was recently engaged to 24 year old actress Giovanna Yannotti. The two met while on the set of Angle's last movie "End Game." Yannotti played a small role in the film. It was also noted in the article, and we reported it here on the site, that Angle's former wife Karen Angle was recently engaged to TNA star Jeff Jarrett.

article & picture credit: wrestlezone.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #356 on: April 15, 2010, 05:33:50 AM »
The UK Sun is reporting that TNA star Kurt Angle was recently engaged to 24 year old actress Giovanna Yannotti. The two met while on the set of Angle's last movie "End Game." Yannotti played a small role in the film. It was also noted in the article, and we reported it here on the site, that Angle's former wife Karen Angle was recently engaged to TNA star Jeff Jarrett.

article & picture credit: wrestlezone.com
Yet another divorce thats waiting to happen. He only married her because Jeff Jarrett is engaged to Karen Angle.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: April 15, 2010, 11:24:11 AM »
I’d have to agree with your assessment.
She even bears some resemblance to Karen – dark complexion, long, delicious legs…
She’s about 13 years younger than Karen, too.

I believe they’re only engaged as of now.
Hopefully, Kurt comes to his senses – or at least gives this thing some more thought before sealing the deal.
If he doesn’t at least enforce a pre-nup, he’s an idiot.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #358 on: April 15, 2010, 12:27:29 PM »
I’d have to agree with your assessment.
She even bears some resemblance to Karen – dark complexion, long, delicious legs…
She’s about 13 years younger than Karen, too.

I believe they’re only engaged as of now.
Hopefully, Kurt comes to his senses – or at least gives this thing some more thought before sealing the deal.
If he doesn’t at least enforce a pre-nup, he’s an idiot.

If Kurt was smart he would lay low, do his thing with TNA and slowly taper off due to his lagging injuries. He is pretty much the only performer I have seen wrestle with injuries and still perform top tier.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2010, 05:41:53 AM »
According to The Wrestling Observer, Kurt Angle's new fiance Giovanna Yannotti is actually close friends with his former wife Karen Angle. It's said that the two women travel together to TNA events and have since become friends.

Perhaps this is a case of the old addage: "Keep your friends close & your enemies closer."
Just a light-hearted speculation...
 ;)

The Wrestling Observer is also reporting that WWE has reached out to golfer Tiger Woods, and is hoping he will agree to host the June 7th edition of Raw. The show is being taped in Miami, FL that night, however, most within WWE feel that Woods will not accept the offer.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: April 17, 2010, 05:46:14 AM »
From PWInsider.com:
WWE will air another commercial free edition of Raw on May 17th.
The last commercial free edition of Raw was when Donald Trump "bought" Raw from Mr. McMahon and aired an episode without commercials.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: April 18, 2010, 07:33:42 AM »
Quite a few fans wrote in to various wrestling sites, having spotted Vince and Shane McMahon together at Saturday's Yankees vs. Rangers game in Bronx, New York.

They were there with Shane's two kids/Vince's grandchildren.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: April 18, 2010, 07:47:40 AM »
According to Jim Ross’ latest blog:
“Vader and [his son] Jesse will be teaming in Tokyo later in April, which I am anxious to see a DVD of when possible. Jesse came to Oklahoma University as a big time high school football center, #1 in America, but injured his hip while at close to 300 pounds."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: April 19, 2010, 12:28:39 PM »
According to Jim Ross’ latest blog:
“Vader and [his son] Jesse will be teaming in Tokyo later in April, which I am anxious to see a DVD of when possible. Jesse came to Oklahoma University as a big time high school football center, #1 in America, but injured his hip while at close to 300 pounds."

lol...remember the time WWE brough him back? In like 2006-2007 for a gimmick match with Golddust? He was so out of shape and so un-cordinated that he took a flip while leaving the ring and was over heard swearing.  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: April 19, 2010, 12:55:13 PM »
No, I didn't see that.
God, if that's how he's working now, I can't seem him being well-received in Japan.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #365 on: April 19, 2010, 05:51:58 PM »
WWE has issued the following press release:

WWE Studios' Killing Karma

STAMFORD, Conn., April 19, 2010– WWE Studios announced today that actors Michael Rapaport ("Prison Break"), Parker Posey ("Highland Park"), Julie White ("Transformers 2"), Michael Cudlitz ("Southland") and Bruce Dern ("The Big Valley") have joined WWE Superstar Triple H ("Blade: Trinity") in the cast of the studios' upcoming suspense drama, "Killing Karma." Principal photography has begun in and around New Orleans, Louisiana.

PWInsider.com is reporting that the lead role was initially supposed to go to Batista, however, WWE made the decision to replace him with Triple H. It's being said that when Batista learned that he was being replaced by HHH, he became furious over the news as acting is what he wants to focus his future on when he leaves wrestling.

"Batista wants to be a movie star," a source was noted as saying.

As we have reported in the past, Batista has been telling people that he does not intend to wrestle in WWE for too much longer, and that he might likely quit the business when his current deal expires. When this happens, he wants to focus mainly on acting.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: April 20, 2010, 04:28:14 AM »
No, I didn't see that.
God, if that's how he's working now, I can't seem him being well-received in Japan.
Lol..yup...he was leaving the ring and he litterally fell on his ass. You actually heard a loud splat on when he hit the ground. On top of that he was horrible in the ring due to ring rust from not wrestling for several years. Google up "WWE Vader falls" and you should get a youtube hit. Its funny.

Montague

• Getbig V
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #367 on: April 22, 2010, 03:23:51 PM »
WWE.com has announced that it has released the following talents:

-Mickie James

-Shelton Benjamin

-Kung Fu Naki

-Jimmy Wang Yang

-Slam Master J

-Katie Lea Burchill

Credit - http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #368 on: April 22, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »
The following is a new article from TMZ.com:

Hulk Hogan: My Insurance Co. Screwed Me

Hulk Hogan has sued his insurance company, claiming it compromised his $30 million fortune in the near-fatal car crash caused by his son.

According to the lawsuit, Wells Fargo Southeast -- which provided insurance for the Hogan family -- only paid $250,000 to John Graziano, who is severely disabled -- the result of the Nick Hogan car crash.

Hulk claims the $250,000 policy limit exposed him to personal liability in settling the case.

Hulk's beef -- insurance company reps never advised him his policies needed to be reevaluated given that he had teenage drivers who posed a greater financial risk.

Hulk's lawsuit does not disclose how much he personally paid to settle with the Grazianos.

Hulk is suing for unspecified damages.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #369 on: April 23, 2010, 05:26:00 AM »
^^ Hopefully, she'll return to her previous profession.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #370 on: April 23, 2010, 05:56:12 AM »
Never saw the big interest in Mickie James? But she was top dog diva for a long time? Wonder what happened there?

Regarding Mickie James' shocking release today from WWE, she was fired because she more than once on the European tour arrived late for the bus, holding up travel.

That was considered the straw that broke the camel's back dating back to her being disciplined by being sent to SmackDown! due to substandard performances and issues with her weight. They were also not happy with her music aspirations. Maria felt the same wrath with her release from WWE. WWE management doesn't take kindly to their talent doing outside projects while working a full-time WWE schedule.

According to a source, she had just beaten a bad staph infection and was lucky to return in time for Wrestlemania. Many felt she should have been more professional in her dealings with WWE.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #371 on: April 23, 2010, 05:59:44 AM »
WWE.com has announced that it has released the following talents:

-Mickie James

-Shelton Benjamin

-Kung Fu Naki

-Jimmy Wang Yang

-Slam Master J

-Katie Lea Burchill

Credit - http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/superstarsreleased

WWE has come to terms on the release of Mike Knox as of today, April 22, 2010. We wish him the best in all future endeavors.

That makes seven releases today, also released were…

* Mickie James
* Katie Lea Burchill
* Shelton Benjamin
* Kung Fu Naki
* Slam Master J
* Jimmy Wang Yang
* Mike Knox

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2010, 09:18:04 AM »
Just read that Ross denies having ever met with any TNA executive(s) on his blog: www.JRsBarBQ.com

In regards to the recent WWE releases, a wrestlezone.com member posted the following:

WWE Universe has several threads up on fans upset over the firing of many stars that were reported to be released, there have been some threads on Shelton etc, but Mickie James Fans are going to RIOT Sunday night at Extreme Rules and at The WWE Draft on Monday Night Raw in Mickie's hometown. Many seem really upset over the fact their hometown girl wont be there. There are many threads up on this topic in several of the sections in WWE's forum on the WWE Universe website and some people are even planning on ordering Extreme Rules because of this. The following are some URLs to threads on the subject:

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23206325/Mickie_James_Gone,_WE_RIOT_THIS_SUNDAY_AT_EXTREME_RULES!!!!!!!

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23207717/Mickie_James_gone._EXPECT_A_RIOT_AT_RICHMOND_ON_3_HR_RAW_MON.!

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23208021/Y2James_is_the_reason_why_I_have_decided_to_order_Extreme_Rules.

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23210409/A_Call_to_all_the_WWE_Universe!_(lets_make_this_happen)

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23211409/Comparing_Candice_and_MIckies_released.

http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23206409/WE_RIOT_THIS_SUNDAY_AT_EXTREME_RULES_Over_Mickie_James_being_released!_If_youre_going_reply

RULES_WE_FN_RIOT!!!!!?pg=1" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">http://fans.wwe.com/go/thread/view/691/23206713/Mickie_James_Release_is_the_Final_Straw!_THIS_SUNDAY_AT_EXTREME_ RULES_WE_FN_RIOT!!!!!?pg=1

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if most – if not, all – of these rumors were posted by WWE.com to generate interest/ratings.

I remember when there were rumors years ago that fans at State College, PA were supposed to riot if Stephanie McMahon appeared on any RAW segments (this was when Steph was learning first hand about “X-pac heat”).

RAW did fantastic numbers for that show because so many people were tuning in to see a potential riot.
I wouldn’t be surprised if the Fed started those internet rumors, too, for the same reasons as above.

WWE has been known to start false rumors to throw people off.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2010, 12:39:49 PM »
it's the old adage any publicity is good publicity. controversy=cash.
F

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2010, 06:45:41 PM »
The only two that surprised me were Mickie and Shelton.  She's been a long term top Diva, and is actually one of the few that can actually wrestle properly.  Maybe she wasn't pushing all the right buttons backstage but I think they'll miss her ability/popularity.  Benjamin has always been one that I was waiting to do something impressive, but never did.  WWE obviously got sick of trying to get him to fulfil his potential and gave him the boot.