Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758685 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #550 on: August 23, 2010, 05:00:01 AM »
Really? Why? I just wanna know.

He's 43 years old now. He might blow an ACL wth one more clotheline from the top rope. Why is he such a great champ?
If I were WWE, I would leave Kane as champ for a while. His heel persona is just amazing and he is very well spoken.

Swole0565

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #551 on: August 23, 2010, 09:43:20 AM »
Kane & 'Taker have had good matches, in the past & I think this feud is good for Taker b/c they are both very familiar with each other.  Shouldn't be any accidental injuries.

I know there will be a lot of mic time, for both, in building up the events.  My only concern is, Kane's 10min +/- dissertation last week on SD was kinda dry and somewhat boring, IMO.

I know Kane's character & storyline's expanded greatly, since he lost the mask and began to speak, but I think he was more sinister & a better heel, in the beginning.

I DO believe, if the Undertaker hangs it up, the feud w/ Kane is a great finale.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #552 on: August 23, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
Kane & 'Taker have had good matches, in the past & I think this feud is good for Taker b/c they are both very familiar with each other.  Shouldn't be any accidental injuries.

I know there will be a lot of mic time, for both, in building up the events.  My only concern is, Kane's 10min +/- dissertation last week on SD was kinda dry and somewhat boring, IMO.

I know Kane's character & storyline's expanded greatly, since he lost the mask and began to speak, but I think he was more sinister & a better heel, in the beginning.

I DO believe, if the Undertaker hangs it up, the feud w/ Kane is a great finale.
I agree 100%. He was way better masked and with Paul Bearer.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #553 on: August 24, 2010, 05:11:06 AM »
WWE has released WWE SmackDown! diva Serena (of SES).

Serena had just made her in ring debut on last week's Smackdown. More details as they come.

A WWE announcement is likely forthcoming.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #554 on: August 24, 2010, 06:42:54 AM »
WWE has released WWE SmackDown! diva Serena (of SES).

Serena had just made her in ring debut on last week's Smackdown. More details as they come.

A WWE announcement is likely forthcoming.

This is surprising, it says it's a 'disciplinary issue'.  She's one of the better Diva's right now, and looks like she can actually work.

On a side note, why are the best female workers hardly ever used?  Eve and Rosa shouldn't be getting ring time over more talented women like Natalya.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2010, 07:59:19 AM »
I agree 100%. He was way better masked and with Paul Bearer.

I agree too.  I honestly thought the Kane character would last a few months,,,,,but he as worked the crap out of it.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2010, 05:33:07 AM »
I agree too.  I honestly thought the Kane character would last a few months,,,,,but he as worked the crap out of it.
I love the charactor and I hope Kane keeps the title until at least the Royal Rumble.

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2010, 09:30:12 AM »
Really? Why? I just wanna know.

He's 43 years old now. He might blow an ACL wth one more clotheline from the top rope. Why is he such a great champ?

Wow, I had no idea they had fought that many times.

He's a great champ because the guy has put in his time as much or more than anyone else. He's a big, athletic guy and he moves well. He's got a good stichk, although his mic time should be limited, anything more than a couple of minutes and it loses the appeal.

Also, bummer to see Serena go, I liked her and she looked pretty good in the ring last week.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2010, 12:11:45 PM »
Years ago - while getting his big push as Kane - Glenn Jacobs wrestled for a good stretch with a broken hand.
He never once missed a spot or complained the whole time before finally having it diagnosed.

Shawn Michaels, on the other hand, has missed more time for just one fabricated injury than Kane has in his entire WWF tenure.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2010, 03:01:34 PM »
During a recent interview with MTV News, TNA star Mick Foley had the following to say when asked who worked stiff in the ring during his WWE days:

"I could say Vader, though a lot of people don't remember Vader. There were some things where he was hitting me so hard, and you wanted to say 'Did you not get the memo?' It was just ridiculously hard...Stone Cold in his prime was no day at the park when he was firing up for his big comeback. The crowd would be so enthusiastic and he would feed off that enthusiasm. Everyone would benefit except me."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2010, 03:02:30 PM »
USA Network has issued the following press release:

USA NETWORK PRESENTS
MONDAY NIGHT RAW'S 900TH EPISODE CELEBRATION

WHAT: On Monday, August 30, USA Network will present the historic 900th episode of its hit series, WWE Monday Night Raw with a special celebration. The episode will celebrate Monday Night RAW's historic smashing of the 900th episode milestone making it the longest-running weekly prime time episodic series in television history.

The show will feature WWE Superstars and Divas from RAW, SmackDown and NXT. It will originate from Boston's TD Garden at 9/8c.

WWE Monday Night RAW has been a staple on cable television since its debut on USA Network in 1993 and has been the No. 1 ranked weekly basic cable entertainment series since it went live in 1999. With its blend of humor, action and drama, Monday Night RAW continues to appeal to a variety of demographics generation after generation.

Monday Night RAW Television Highlights:

RAW made its cable television premiere on January 11, 1993.
The first episode was taped at the Manhattan Center and aired on USA Network.
Monday Night RAW has aired more original episodes than some of the most popular television series of all time, including Gunsmoke (633), Lassie (588), Bonanza (430), The Simpsons (420 plus), Dallas (357), ER (309 plus),Cheers (275) and Seinfeld (180).
37% of RAW's viewers are female and RAW is a Top 5 ad-supported cable program among Females 12-34.
Monday Night RAW is a global phenomenon broadcast in more than 30 languages to more than 145 countries and seen by nearly a half a billion homes worldwide weekly, including Japan, Canada, United Kingdom, Italy and Iraq.
RAW is the birthplace of such household names as The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Triple H, John Cena, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels.
A pop culture phenomenon, RAW has been a destination for actors, athletes and musicians not only to promote projects but to also enjoy ringside excitement as fans. Donald Trump, Shaquille O'Neal, LeBron James, Ashton Kutcher, Jewel, Jeremy Piven and Rob Reiner have all appeared on RAW.
WHEN: Monday, August 30, 2010
9:00 PM - 11:05 PM ET/PT

WHERE: USA Network

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #561 on: August 26, 2010, 06:10:03 AM »
Years ago - while getting his big push as Kane - Glenn Jacobs wrestled for a good stretch with a broken hand.
He never once missed a spot or complained the whole time before finally having it diagnosed.

Shawn Michaels, on the other hand, has missed more time for just one fabricated injury than Kane has in his entire WWF tenure.
You got that right. Michaels is a spoiled brat.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #562 on: August 26, 2010, 01:53:51 PM »
You got that right. Michaels is a spoiled brat.

HBK is a little bitch who needs a box of tampons.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #563 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:05 PM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that Stephanie McMahon and Triple H, real name Paul Levesque, recently had another baby girl. This is the couple's third child and third girl. Linda McMahon noted publicly awhile back that Stephanie was pregnant, and it's being said that Stephanie gave birth this past Wednesday. The child's name has not been announced.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2010, 07:22:55 PM »
credit: wrestlezone.com

Anton Geesink, olympic gold medalist in Judo and early All Japan Pro Wrestling (AJPW) star, passed away today in the Netherlands at age 76.
Giant Baba signed Geesink during the initial stages of his All Japan Pro Wrestling promotion, which would go on to wild succes later down the road. As a legitimate olympic gold medalist, Geesink drew large television audiences when his matches would air for the All Japan shows.

Geesink was trained by the legendary Funk brothers, Terry and Dory Jr., and would often team in mega-main events along with Giant Baba, Jumbo Tsuruta and/or The Destroyer, taking on the likes of Bruno Sammartino, "Classie" Freddie Blassie, Killer Kowalski, Gene Kiniski and The Funk Brothers. Basically working alongside the biggest stars in Japan in matches against the biggest stars in the U.S. at the time.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2010, 07:23:51 PM »
credit: WWE.com:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Serena. We wish Serena the best in all future endeavors."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2010, 04:29:28 AM »
credit: WWE.com:

"WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Diva Serena. We wish Serena the best in all future endeavors."

This was a stupid move on WWE's part. She could actually wrestle and had a good persona. Apparantly she was canned because she was going out and partying on her spare time which goes against her "Straight Edge" gimmick. Gimme a break, Vince. What people do on their spare time is their business. Come on, Vince, you don't actually believe that people take what they see on tv seriously now, do you???

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2010, 05:23:43 AM »
This was a stupid move on WWE's part. She could actually wrestle and had a good persona. Apparantly she was canned because she was going out and partying on her spare time which goes against her "Straight Edge" gimmick. Gimme a break, Vince. What people do on their spare time is their business. Come on, Vince, you don't actually believe that people take what they see on tv seriously now, do you???

Isn't it funny that vkm is the one who totally broke kayfabe, yet when it serves his purposes he has no problem using it to justify his actions?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2010, 08:15:39 AM »
Isn't it funny that vkm is the one who totally broke kayfabe, yet when it serves his purposes he has no problem using it to justify his actions?
He's a jealous bitter moron. I give him two years before he collapses and is forced to do shows in smaller venues in front of 3000 people tops. Just like in the mid ninties after the steroid and sex scandals.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2010, 11:54:29 AM »

Vince has always practiced selective enforcement - particularly with regards to drugs and kayfabe.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2010, 12:01:19 PM »

Vince has always practiced selective enforcement - particularly with regards to drugs and kayfabe.
Mark my word and remember who called it...

As soon as 'Taker & Triple HHH retire and Cena hits the movies, WWE's ratings will hit rock bottom.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2010, 05:20:49 PM »
 I agree if they fired her for lack of kayfabe it's stupid. Kayfabe is dead. If they fired her for excessive drinking or other behavior, she only has herself to blame since "reports" are she was warned several times. It sucks though, she was just starting to wrestle. I think she'll be back tbh.

On the bright side, she has a rocking set of tits now.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #572 on: August 30, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »
FANS BRAWL OVER A JOHN CENA T-SHIRT
by Mike Johnson @ 9:46 PM on 8/29/2010

Rob sent the following, which I missed from my vantage point at the WWE event in Newark, New Jersey this evening:

At the start of the Cena vs. Sheamus cage match, when Cena threw his shirt out in to the crowd, it landed a row a head of me. A fight broke out over it and at least 10 people were thrown out and a few kids were hurt. It got really ugly and punches were thrown. I can't believe adult women, of all people, were starting a fight over something as stupid as a shirt from Cena. This went on for a good 15-20 minutes and it took awhile before Prudential Center staff came down to break it up. I am really surprised that they took a while to get it broken up, but it made me sad that these people mostly women fighting over something like that, not to mention they had no regard that kids were in the middle and were getting hurt during it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
I wonder what kind of language they were using?

"You take it!"

"No, you take it!"

"No, YOU!"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2010, 06:14:52 PM »
I wonder what kind of language they were using?

"You take it!"

"No, you take it!"

"No, YOU!"

LOL. Like Flair use to say, "teeny boppers in their training bras."