Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758668 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #575 on: August 30, 2010, 06:18:18 PM »
But, these were adult women?
Maybe Cena has some kind of weird, Twilight-esque following with bored, unattractive, pathetic, middle-aged women.

I wonder what the current crop of arena rats looks like these days.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #576 on: August 31, 2010, 04:08:58 AM »
The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of Mick Foley:

"Very flattered to have been shown on the 900th episode of Raw. My little guys are so impressed. Thanks Vince."

I suspect that Mick has always believed in leaving doors opened.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #577 on: August 31, 2010, 04:11:22 AM »
Source: PWInsider.com

It's being reported that WWE Diva Tiffany, real name Taryn Terrell, is scheduled for a court hearing this Thursday night in Los Angeles to face misdemeanor assault charges. The court hearing stems from an August 8th arrest when Terrell was involved in a domestic incident with her husband Drew McIntyre.

It's also being reported that MTV2's Lucha Libre USA show has been placed on hiatus. The show is not scheduled to air on MTV2 this week, but it is being advertised to air on MTr3s on September 5th. The North Carolina show which took place this past weekend was not taped for TV, and talent was told that the TV broadcasts are now on hiatus.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #578 on: August 31, 2010, 05:05:11 AM »
The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of Mick Foley:

"Very flattered to have been shown on the 900th episode of Raw. My little guys are so impressed. Thanks Vince."

I suspect that Mick has always believed in leaving doors opened.
Didn't he leave WWE on a bad note because he was commentation on Smackdown and he didn't appreciate Vince screaming in his ear every other minute?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #579 on: August 31, 2010, 05:12:04 AM »
I honestly don't know/remember the alleged details surrounding his WWE departure, but I don't recall it being a "happy" occasion.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #580 on: August 31, 2010, 06:42:58 AM »
I honestly don't know/remember the alleged details surrounding his WWE departure, but I don't recall it being a "happy" occasion.

Vince has so many enemies I wouldn't be surprised if someone did him in one day. I remeber back in 1992, Nailz grabbed him by the throat and choked him till he was blue in the face and hi eyeballs popped out of his head over the Summerslam 1992 payoff. Nailz, although immediately fired, gained major respect backstage.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #581 on: August 31, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »
Source: The Wrestling Observer

On Monday's RAW, Chris Jericho announced that he will be leaving WWE once and for all if he does not win the WWE Championship in the 6-pack challenge match at Night of Champions. With Jericho's WWE contract expiring soon and talk that he's strongly considering leaving the company to pursue his career in the entertainment industry, it appears WWE has begun setting the stage for his possible departure.

As of this past weekend, a WWE source stated that Jericho still has not signed a new contract. It's still entirely possible that Jericho re-signs, but since Jericho has acknowledged in several recent interviews that his contract is expiring and he's considering moving on, WWE has incorporated the real situation into WWE storylines.

Jericho has said he wants more time off to to spend with his family, record music and tour with his heavy metal band Fozzy and pursue other opportunities in the entertainment industry. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #582 on: August 31, 2010, 02:11:51 PM »
- Bobby Heenan made it through his latest surgery, which was for a broken shoulder ok, and is currently doing physical rehab to deal with the most recent issues he has had.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #583 on: August 31, 2010, 03:36:32 PM »
- Bobby Heenan made it through his latest surgery, which was for a broken shoulder ok, and is currently doing physical rehab to deal with the most recent issues he has had.

That's AWESOME!!!
Where did you read this?
I just got home.

I'm glad "The Brain" is progressing.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #584 on: August 31, 2010, 04:29:37 PM »

That's AWESOME!!!
Where did you read this?
I just got home.

I'm glad "The Brain" is progressing.
411mania

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2010, 04:48:00 AM »
On Monday's RAW, Chris Jericho announced that he will be leaving WWE once and for all if he does not win the WWE Championship in the 6-pack challenge match at Night of Champions. With Jericho's WWE contract expiring soon and talk that he's strongly considering leaving the company to pursue his career in the entertainment industry, it appears WWE has begun setting the stage for his possible departure.

As of this past weekend, a WWE source stated that Jericho still has not signed a new contract. It's still entirely possible that Jericho re-signs, but since Jericho has acknowledged in several recent interviews that his contract is expiring and he's considering moving on, WWE has incorporated the real situation into WWE storylines.

Jericho has said he wants more time off to to spend with his family, record music and tour with his heavy metal band Fozzy and pursue other opportunities in the entertainment industry.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #586 on: September 01, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »

LOL. Wasn't the reason for Jericho's return to the WWE because he wasn't gaining any fame as a musician?? What's he going to do? Provide blurb comments as a guest on another VH-1 show?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #587 on: September 01, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
As of this past weekend, a WWE source stated that Jericho still has not signed...

Was that your source?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #588 on: September 01, 2010, 11:55:45 AM »
Was that your source?

PWS / pro wrestling scoops

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #589 on: September 02, 2010, 03:19:01 AM »
Kayfabe Commentaries sent along the following:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 1, 2010

CORNETTE CHALLENGES RUSSO TO CHARITY FIGHT AT RING ROASTS

Jim Cornette's seemingly endless, diabolical ploy to plague Vince Russo's dreams seems to know no bounds. Earlier in the year, TNA involved local authorities in warning Cornette that he had crossed a line. After some silence, it seems the jabber-jawed Ring of Honor GM has thought of a resolution to this (rather one-sided) war, once and for all.

Cornette has challenged Vince Russo to a fight at the third annual Ring Roasts, which is being held this October 15 at the Crowne Plaza in Monroe, NJ. In a promo released today on the Ring Roasts website (www.ringroasts.com), Cornette offers to donate his end of any purse money to the WHAS Crusade for Children in Louisville, an organization that helps disadvantaged children.

Cornette and Russo worked side-by-side on WWE and TNA's creative team. Cornette had developed a distaste for Russo, his booking style, and generally anything north of Delaware.

Ring Roasts is an annual comedic tribute co-promoted by Kayfabe Commentaries and Legends of the Ring. Tickets and more information about the roast is available at www.ringroasts.com.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #590 on: September 02, 2010, 03:21:10 AM »
The following is an excerpt from a new article on HollywoodReporter.com:

Dwayne Johnson to star in Journey to the Center of the Earth sequel.

Dwayne Johnson is strapping on a backpack for New Line's Journey 2: The Mysterious Island, the sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth 3D.

Brad Peyton is on board to direct the film, in which Josh Hutcherson will reprise his role as burgeoning explorer Sean Anderson. Beau Flynn and Tripp Vinson of Contrafilm are producing.

Brendan Fraser was the top draw in the 2008 movie but is not returning after hitting an impasse over start dates. That put New Line on track to find a new star, with the studio and Johnson dancing for several weeks before getting into it. Johnson is in negotiations, with a deal expected to close this week.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #591 on: September 02, 2010, 03:36:59 AM »
ProWrestling.net is reporting that according to someone with access to Karen Angle's Facebook page, apparently the former wife of Kurt Angle has indeed married TNA star Jeff Jarrett. The wedding took place sometime in the past month, and Karen has changed her Twitter name to Karen Jarrett.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #592 on: September 02, 2010, 01:19:05 PM »
ProWrestling.net is reporting that according to someone with access to Karen Angle's Facebook page, apparently the former wife of Kurt Angle has indeed married TNA star Jeff Jarrett. The wedding took place sometime in the past month, and Karen has changed her Twitter name to Karen Jarrett.

Kurt Angle no doubt is the puppetier pulling the strings.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #593 on: September 02, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that following the death of former talent Luna Vachon, WWE has issued the following statement concerning substance abuse:

"Not withstanding our extensive Talent Wellness Program for current Superstars, WWE goes to great lengths to help our former talent who may have substance abuse problems, offering complete drug rehabilitation at no cost to them. Ultimately, however, stars in any form of entertainment should be held personally responsible for their own actions. Prescription drug overdose is a problem not only with former WWE talent, but society as a whole according to the Center for Disease Control, as it is the second leading cause of unintentional death (particularly among younger people) in the U.S."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #594 on: September 02, 2010, 04:38:47 PM »
Former WWE and WCW wrestler Diamond Dallas Page (DDP) has filed a lawsuit against the band 3OH!3 for using his diamond cutter symbol.

The suit was filed in the U.S. District Court in Los Angeles, California.

Many may remember DDP went after hip-hop star Jay-Z over the diamond cutter symbol as well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #595 on: September 03, 2010, 04:38:41 AM »
Joey Mercury will be out of action for several months after undergoing surgery over the weekend to repair a torn pectoral muscle. It's considered a six month recovery process.

Despite the injury, Mercury is expected to remain on television since he had his arm on Monday's RAW just days after surgery. Many feel that with Serena's recent release, it wasn't a good time to remove Mercury from television since the Straight Edge Society wouldn't be much of a group with two people. However, Punk and Gallows broke up at the following last night's SmackDown !television taping in Albany, NY, so the injury may have been the catalyst to disband the group. It sure seemed like it last night - the S.E.S is ending.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #596 on: September 03, 2010, 05:18:43 AM »
Who wants to bet that Serena will eventually follow up with some kind of lawsuit - something maybe along the lines of a Sable-suit?

Especially with Linda's senate running, it seems like the most opportune time for a revenge-based scandal.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #597 on: September 03, 2010, 07:25:41 AM »
Who wants to bet that Serena will eventually follow up with some kind of lawsuit - something maybe along the lines of a Sable-suit?

Especially with Linda's senate running, it seems like the most opportune time for a revenge-based scandal.
Nah, she has no grounds. She'll do some independant shows and then wind up in TNA or get re-hired back in the WWE down the road.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #598 on: September 05, 2010, 04:16:37 AM »
The following is from JRsBarBQ.com:

"After our Legends of Wrestling Roundtable taping on Wednesday night Sgt Slaughter was hospitalized in Stamford after becoming 'light headed.' The cause of Sarge's discomfort was low blood level which was addressed and he should be good to go as I write this. Sarge was in great spirits Wednesday night after receiving medical care but was kept overnight for observation which is the norm for a matter such as this. Bottom line is that the WWE Hall of Famer will be fine after a few scary moments."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #599 on: September 05, 2010, 04:18:23 AM »
The following is an excerpt from an article from the UK's Daily Star website:

CHRIS JERICHO FACES THE MUSIC

BEING brutally honest, Chris Jericho has nothing left to achieve in pro-wrestling.

World championships in singles and tag wrestling, thousands of high class matches on many continents, jobbing to Rey Mysterio in China last week... only the inevitable Hall of Fame seat is absent.

With his WWE contract up in a month or two, the multifaceted legend is switching his attention to music once again with feisty rock merchants Fozzy for the biggest UK swing of his career in October.

FT caught up with Jericho for an exclusive chat this week, and he’s not sweating over his wrestling career – he has no need, he tells me.

“I’m not one of those people who worries about my position. I’m never going to lose my spot. I could work the opening match every night and still be a star.”

The influx of youth via the Nexus angle seems to have turned heads, and Jericho is philosophical about the young blood.

“It’s just the way it is – most of the guys in WWE are young guys and green. It’s not like it used to be. I spent nine years going all round the place perfecting my craft – now it’s nine months.

Check out the complete article online at DailyStar.co.uk.