Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758690 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #600 on: September 05, 2010, 04:19:54 AM »
WWE legend The Honky Tonk Man will appear as a guest on the "Judge Jeanie Pirro" show.

The former Intercontinental champion will appear on the program, which airs on the Fox network, this fall.

The episode will be filmed on September 19th in Chicago.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #601 on: September 05, 2010, 04:25:40 AM »
TNA Knockout Tara, known in WWE as Victoria, has finally been taken off the WWE Alumi page yet again soon after she was re-added.
We all knew that she had been re-added to the TNA roster, but I guess WWE waited until she was shown on screen in TNA before removing her from WWE.com.

source: wrestlezone.com

I guess that, as with everything in McMahon-land, even being an alumnus is "conditional."
I didn't think that kind of thing changes.
Can you imagine completing a college degree at one school, going to teach at another, and the first school denying you have a degree from them because you're now working for their competition?

Only in WWE do facts and history change likie that.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #602 on: September 06, 2010, 05:41:14 PM »
WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut is undergoing a slight renovation as an office is being built for Paul "Triple H" Levesque, who was recently promoted to an executive role within the organization.

According to a company source, the multi-time wrestling champion now officially serves as WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's creative advisor.

While Triple H has had Vince's ear for the past several years, it was always in an unofficial capacity. From this point forward, he will have a much more authoritative voice in regards to the company's creative direction and its many performers.

( Credit to PWInsider.com, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter )

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #603 on: September 06, 2010, 05:49:47 PM »

The TMZ website is reporting that Hogan has been hospitalised with severe back problems after he was unable to get out of bed today.

We're told Hogan -- who has had several back surgeries throughout the years -- has had trouble the past few days and woke up this morning unable to get out of bed.

His girlfriend called the ambulance and, we're told, he was taken to a local hospital in Clearwater, FL

Considering he had back surgery recently that was meant to help him with continuing problems in that area, this could be pretty serious.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #604 on: September 06, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »
The TMZ website is reporting that Hogan has been hospitalised with severe back problems after he was unable to get out of bed today.

We're told Hogan -- who has had several back surgeries throughout the years -- has had trouble the past few days and woke up this morning unable to get out of bed.

His girlfriend called the ambulance and, we're told, he was taken to a local hospital in Clearwater, FL

Considering he had back surgery recently that was meant to help him with continuing problems in that area, this could be pretty serious.

Shit, I wonder if it's an infection.

Linda probably feels bad...

...that she won't get any of the settlement from the impending lawsuit.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #605 on: September 07, 2010, 05:41:39 AM »

That's what happens when you don't know how / when to call t quits and you wrestle past your mid forties well into your fifties.

On another note:

WWE headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut is undergoing a slight renovation as an office is being built for Paul "Triple H" Levesque, who was recently promoted to an executive role within the organization.

According to a company source, the multi-time wrestling champion now officially serves as WWE Chairman Vince McMahon's creative advisor.

While Triple H has had Vince's ear for the past several years, it was always in an unofficial capacity. From this point forward, he will have a much more authoritative voice in regards to the company's creative direction and its many performers.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: September 07, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »
Hulk Bollea posted a recent video from his hospital bed on his Twitter page this morning:

http://www.twitvid.com/0JL9X

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: September 08, 2010, 05:23:51 AM »
Some Hogan & Jim Neidhart updates....

On Bubba The Love Sponge's radio show today, a caller said he lived in Jim Neidhart's neighborhood and the Anvil would sometimes walk around with a 12-pack under his arms, knocking on random doors and yelling at people. The caller also claimed to have seen Neidhart riding a mountain bike in the car lane and swearing at people who honked at him for holding them up.

-- Also on the show, Hulk Hogan spoke about his back injury, saying it happened when he was picking up seashells on the beach about a week ago - while smashing two bottles of wine - and neglected to take enough breaks while bending over.

-- TMZ is reporting that Hulk Hogan suffered a muscle tear, which is what put him in hospital with excruciating back pain. Hogan blames it on not taking enough breaks while picking up seashells on the beach with his girlfriend Jennifer. The report says that doctors are doing more tests on Hogan's back, which will keep him in hospital for a while. Hogan says he will need to stay "another two days," which will mean he will miss all of the current round of TNA Impact tapings.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #608 on: September 10, 2010, 06:44:48 AM »
Ummmmmm, when you injure yourself this badly due to "not taking enough breaks picking up seashells" I think it just might be time to hang it up...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #609 on: September 10, 2010, 07:24:06 AM »
I have a bad feeling that guys like Hogan and the Undertaker, will end up not being able to walk. :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: September 10, 2010, 12:10:23 PM »
I have a bad feeling that guys like Hogan and the Undertaker, will end up not being able to walk. :-\
That's because these idiots do not know how to retire gracefully. Hogan's net income is 30 million (yes, thats after his divorce). The Undertaker's net income is 14 million. They are more than finacnially secure. Why they insist on performing in their mid to late forties and fifties is beyond me. They are asking for an early grave. The human body is not meant to endure that kind of punishment. Taking bumps, chair shots, going through tables, for 20-30 years plus. Gimmie a break. They need to learn to retire gracefully and move on. Randy Savage did it and without looking back.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #611 on: September 10, 2010, 02:50:27 PM »
They need to learn to retire gracefully and move on. Randy Savage did it and without looking back.

Angelo Poffo instilled tremendous responsibility in both his boys.
That includes financial, professional, and just being class act people.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #612 on: September 10, 2010, 04:17:23 PM »
That's because these idiots do not know how to retire gracefully. Hogan's net income is 30 million (yes, thats after his divorce). The Undertaker's net income is 14 million. They are more than financially secure. Why they insist on performing in their mid to late forties and fifties is beyond me. They are asking for an early grave. The human body is not meant to endure that kind of punishment. Taking bumps, chair shots, going through tables, for 20-30 years plus. Gimmie a break. They need to learn to retire gracefully and move on. Randy Savage did it and without looking back.

Playboy.....Are you sure about those salary figures for Hogan and undertaker? 30 million for Hogan with his TNA contract? That much? You sure about that, homie?

Undertaker makes that much? Maybe I'm naive, but what are your sources regarding their respective salaries?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #613 on: September 13, 2010, 04:57:04 AM »
Playboy.....Are you sure about those salary figures for Hogan and undertaker? 30 million for Hogan with his TNA contract? That much? You sure about that, homie?

Undertaker makes that much? Maybe I'm naive, but what are your sources regarding their respective salaries?
Read the post. I said net worth, bro. Thats what they have in the bank according to many different sources.

Hogan's total net worth is 30 million. I don't know what he makes with TNA. He was making 3 million per year + bonuses, gate, merchandise, guest appearances, movies, etc with the WWE. He was then making 5 Million per year with WCW. He has tons of cash.

Taker makes 1.8 million per year with WWE and he owns two businesses outside of wrestling.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #614 on: September 13, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
Taker makes 1.8 million per year with WWE and he owns two businesses outside of wrestling.

I know he's got the tattoo shop.
What's the other one?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #615 on: September 13, 2010, 12:27:09 PM »

I know he's got the tattoo shop.
What's the other one?

Its a real estate business called Calaway and Everhart.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: September 13, 2010, 12:29:07 PM »
I learned something new today.
 8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #617 on: September 13, 2010, 12:32:06 PM »
I learned something new today.
 8)
lol...you and me both  :D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2010, 02:17:02 PM »
F4WOnline.com is reporting that Jerry Lawler announced at the last Memphis Championship Wrestling show on Saturday that it would be the promotion's last event.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2010, 02:17:23 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE is scheduled to release "Top 50 Superstars Of All-Time" DVD on December 14th.
The report notes that the initial list of names was pretty "out there," and it will be interesting to see where WWE places TNA names like Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: September 13, 2010, 02:22:00 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE star Matt Hardy was sent home early from the company's recent tour of Europe.

Although Hardy did work yesterday's event in Minehead, England, it's being said that he was not on hand for today's show in Skegness.
The reason for WWE sending Hardy home has not been revealed at this time, and it remains to be seen whether or not it has anything to do with Hardy's recent outspoken Twitter comments where he expressed frustration with his critics/work in WWE.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #621 on: September 13, 2010, 02:24:37 PM »
The Republican American website is reporting that WWE is being sued for $21.6 million by a French company as it claims clothing which was sold was not counterfeit WWE merchandise as WWE has claimed.

The story notes that WWE has alleged that a Portuguese company violated a licensing agreement when they sold WWE branded clothing to the French company in question.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #622 on: September 14, 2010, 04:56:14 AM »
It seems as if Chad Ochocinco (or however you spell it) was more interested in something other than wrestling during his appearance last night.
Apparently, Chad tweeted the following while he was guest hosting RAW.

"Watching the Jets n Ravens game and its a defensive game all the way, small flashes of offense from both sides, good game" http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: September 14, 2010, 04:59:01 AM »
It seems as if Chad Ochocinco (or however you spell it) was more interested in something other than wrestling during his appearance last night.
Apparently, Chad tweeted the following while he was guest hosting RAW.

"Watching the Jets n Ravens game and its a defensive game all the way, small flashes of offense from both sides, good game" http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco

Best part of the night was when the Miz told Chad that he and the Bangels were over-rated.  ;D

As for Hardy, I wonder if WWE will cut him soon.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: September 14, 2010, 05:00:47 AM »
As for Hardy, I wonder if WWE will cut him soon.

Wouldn't surprise me either way.
The old man may keep him around in some capacity just to spite TNA - preventing a Hardy Boyz reunion.