Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758805 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #775 on: November 03, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »
Earlier today, WWE.com revealed that the following legends are scheduled to appear on the Nov. 15 "Old School" show:

Sgt. Slaughter
Dusty Rhodes
Jimmy Snuka
Roddy Piper
Iron Sheik
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #776 on: November 04, 2010, 05:19:13 AM »
RE:PG rating...

I said this before and I'll say it again - WWE PG is NOT coming to an end. For those of you who honestly think WWE's "PG" rating is going to end/change just because Linda McMahon lost the election - you're out of your minds. WWE's "PG" rating had nothing to do with Linda McMahon's senate campaign. It deals with advertisers which is a whole different story for another day. WWE PG is not ending - end of story.

Looks like Vince is covering his ass yet again and not afraid to let his product suffer for it. Its only a matter of time before fans start to turn their backs and watch football, hockey or basketball instead.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #777 on: November 04, 2010, 10:52:50 AM »
RE:PG rating...

I said this before and I'll say it again - WWE PG is NOT coming to an end. For those of you who honestly think WWE's "PG" rating is going to end/change just because Linda McMahon lost the election - you're out of your minds. WWE's "PG" rating had nothing to do with Linda McMahon's senate campaign. It deals with advertisers which is a whole different story for another day. WWE PG is not ending - end of story.

Looks like Vince is covering his ass yet again and not afraid to let his product suffer for it. Its only a matter of time before fans start to turn their backs and watch football, hockey or basketball instead.

You just outed yourself as Dixie Carter's gimmick.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #778 on: November 04, 2010, 10:53:07 AM »
 ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #779 on: November 04, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »

You just outed yourself as Dixie Carter's gimmick.
And so much for looking forward to better WWE programming.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #780 on: November 04, 2010, 12:39:38 PM »
And so much for looking forward to better WWE programming.

IDK...
If attendance figures and buy rates drop too much, he'll lose advertisers anyway and still have to do "something."

Maybe he's planning on the motion picture division of WWE to carry the company.
 :-X ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #781 on: November 05, 2010, 05:16:33 AM »

IDK...
If attendance figures and buy rates drop too much, he'll lose advertisers anyway and still have to do "something."

Maybe he's planning on the motion picture division of WWE to carry the company.
 :-X ;)

I just found out from "my source" who happened to be hear last night visiting family that Smackdown will return to Toronto on Feb 5th 2010 for a house show. it will be held in a different venue that seats a max 3,000 capacity. Not at the ACC which seats 19,000. What does that tell you?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #782 on: November 05, 2010, 05:17:15 AM »
I just found out from "my source" who happened to be hear last night visiting family that Smackdown will return to Toronto on Feb 5th 2010 for a house show. it will be held in a different venue that seats a max 3,000 capacity. Not at the ACC which seats 19,000. What does that tell you?

Ouch..... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #783 on: November 05, 2010, 05:19:19 AM »
Ouch..... ;D
They are sooooo hurting for business. Seems they cannot sell tickets anywhere unless its a Supershow with all stars on the same brand. Either way, people are getting fed up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #784 on: November 05, 2010, 04:29:03 PM »
They are sooooo hurting for business. Seems they cannot sell tickets anywhere unless its a Supershow with all stars on the same brand. Either way, people are getting fed up.

When we said we yearn for the way things used to be, we didn't mean 1993!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: November 08, 2010, 05:16:26 AM »

When we said we yearn for the way things used to be, we didn't mean 1993!!
Lol....the late eighties always had 19,000 sellout arenas. Both the A show and B show. C show was for smaller markets and had a 3-6 thousand seating capacity. This was back in the day.

On to other news...

We noted several days ago on our TNA-only website, TNAWrestlingNews.com, that Sabu was informed by TNA Wrestling officials that the company would cease to utilize him following Turning Point tonight.

According to the original TNAWrestlingNews.com report (VIEW IT HERE), Terry Taylor called Sabu and told him that he was being "let go" from TNA following tonight's PPV. Taylor said that creative had "nothing for him", therefore they were letting him go. According to their report, Sabu was not happy with this at all. He says he'll still be appearing at tonight's PPV, but is very unhappy about this situation.

The wrestling veteran will be competing in the match between EV 2.0 and Fortune, which features a stipulation where the winning team is permitted to fire a member of the losing team. It is unknown at this time whether his departure will tie into the storyline.

Officials originally intended to conclude the feud between the two factions last month at Bound for Glory, but ultimately decided to string it through Turning Point or this week's set of iMPACT! tapings.

It should be noted that as of several weeks ago, Rhino's TNA contract had been set to expire as well.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #786 on: November 09, 2010, 05:52:52 AM »
WTF???

There was an incident after Monday night’s TNA iMPACT tapings in Orlando. The company plugged that fans could get photos taken with Jeff Hardy after the tapings were over for $25. When that time came, Hardy came out and began insulting Jeremy Borash and the fans. He then told the fans to take their money and "go buy groceries" before going into the back and not returning. After a few minutes, TNA and Universal Studios employees began to refund the money. TNA and Universal staff were said to be completely confused and caught off-guard. Several fans and kids were upset about the situation. No word on what is behind the incident just yet.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #787 on: November 09, 2010, 03:24:52 PM »
Jeff Hardy: the "new" Ultimate Warrior.

Maybe this is all part of Hogan's big "shoot" plan!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #788 on: November 10, 2010, 07:13:47 AM »
Could be. We all know that Bichoff / Hogan are shoot masters.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #789 on: November 13, 2010, 04:57:52 AM »
In an update to the ongoing story of The Undertaker's current injury status, The Wrestling Observer is reporting that 'Taker underwent surgery for a torn rotator cuff last week.

Several weeks ago, WrestleZone.com was the first to exclusively report that The Undertaker's current injury status might prevent him from wrestling at WrestleMania 27, and it appears as if the recovery time for his recent surgery is about 4 to 6 months, making it very up in the air as to whether or not 'Taker will appear at the big PPV.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #790 on: November 13, 2010, 05:03:54 AM »
The following is an entry from the official Facebook page of WWE Hall Of Famer Bret "The Hitman" Hart:

"Just a quick update for everyone. The tour's going well but, unfortunately, somebody stole my ring jacket and sunglasses at the Nurnberg, Germany show last night. Any help would be appreciated. May they wear it in shame knowing they stole it! -Bret"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: November 14, 2010, 04:26:49 PM »
Several internet sites are reporting that both Mae Young & Tatanka will be appearing on the special edition of RAW tomorrow night.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #792 on: November 14, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »
On a recent edition of Bruce Prichard and Jimmy Noonan's audio show, it was reported that former WWE Diva Chyna, real name Joanie Laurer, recently filmed an adult movie for Vivid Entertainment Group, the same company that produced her 1 Night in Chyna sex tape.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #793 on: November 15, 2010, 05:01:37 AM »
On a recent edition of Bruce Prichard and Jimmy Noonan's audio show, it was reported that former WWE Diva Chyna, real name Joanie Laurer, recently filmed an adult movie for Vivid Entertainment Group, the same company that produced her 1 Night in Chyna sex tape.

There's a surprise  ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #794 on: November 15, 2010, 01:05:56 PM »
There's a surprise  ::)

Actually, I am a little surprised.
I expected her to do it, but I never expected Vivid to be the distributor.
I know they did the Chyna tape, but she hasn't been "Chyna" for quite some time.

About the only thing she has done in the last 5 years, or so, is rehab.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: November 16, 2010, 05:29:37 AM »

I know they did the Chyna tape, but she hasn't been "Chyna" for quite some time.

She'll attract a huge male audience for it just because of who she is. She has no skill and has pretty much lost her build alltogether and is much more feminine now so she is doing the oldest trade in the world to make more money.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #796 on: November 16, 2010, 03:08:53 PM »
Does she look "good?"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #797 on: November 17, 2010, 04:42:37 AM »
Does she look "good?"
Well she did playboy twice. I'd cap her. Nice curvy body and tits. Sure, why not.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #798 on: November 17, 2010, 05:00:44 AM »

Am very surprised and disappointed. But I've long since avoided looking to wrestling and BB gals for inspiration. Found her rather sympathetic in her book. Would really like to see her find peace and be happy one day.

She made female bodybuilding look good, for a little while anyways. And I believed in her strength when I watched her matches.

???
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #799 on: November 17, 2010, 09:52:58 AM »
I liked her when she was Hunter's enforcer then with DX . Once she came back after all the surgeries and beating dudes, she lost me.