Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758668 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #800 on: November 17, 2010, 09:56:21 AM »
Well she did playboy twice. I'd cap her. Nice curvy body and tits. Sure, why not.

Oh yeah, I have the first one.
I meant does she still look good now?
I'm sure Vivid will make her up to meet their standards.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #801 on: November 17, 2010, 10:33:31 AM »

Oh yeah, I have the first one.
I meant does she still look good now?
I'm sure Vivid will make her up to meet their standards.
She was on that Sureal life series for a while. She looked alright there. I would tap her.
 :) :)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #802 on: November 17, 2010, 11:29:48 AM »
WWE performer Kevin Kiley (a/k/a Alex Riley) was arrested this morning in Tampa, Florida for Driving under the Influence.

The apprentice of The Miz was stopped at 1:14 a.m. at Kennedy BL W/MACDILL AV N in Tampa, Florida and booked into the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 2:56 a.m.

He was released at 9:33 a.m. on $500 bond.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #803 on: November 17, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »
So, what's his punishment according to the Wellness Program?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #804 on: November 17, 2010, 06:49:45 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that there is said to be discussion within WWE about holding an "Old School Nitro" episode for an upcoming Monday Night Raw following the success of this week's Old School Raw show.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #805 on: November 18, 2010, 05:27:12 AM »
So, what's his punishment according to the Wellness Program?
He's a "nobody" so he'll get dropped like a bad habit. Had it been Orton or anyone else its 10 strikes and your out.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #806 on: November 18, 2010, 10:18:10 AM »
He's a "nobody" so he'll get dropped like a bad habit. Had it been Orton or anyone else its 10 57 strikes and your out.

Fixed.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #807 on: November 18, 2010, 10:34:05 AM »

Fixed.
Lol... :D

On another note, I wonder who's pissing in a cup and passing it off as Cena's urine??? Finkle did it for Hogan...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #808 on: November 18, 2010, 11:42:12 AM »
I remember when the old man started sending someone into the stall with the wrestler submitting the sample.
 :-X

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #809 on: November 18, 2010, 07:47:29 PM »
Rock expresses interest in appearing in the sequel to a Steve Austin movie:

source: http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/18112010/5/rock-wants-expendables-role-0.html

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson wants to star in Sylvester Stallone's 'The Expendables' sequel.
The action star enjoyed watching this year's blockbuster movie, and admits he's keen to appear in the sequel.
He said, "It all depends on the material. I've known Sly for a long time now and he's a buddy of mine so it all depends on the material."

The first film boasted a who's who of actions stars from the 80s, 90s and present, including Jason Statham, Stallone, Mickey Rourke, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jet Li.
And Stallone has boasted that the sequel will have even more names.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #810 on: November 19, 2010, 05:30:45 AM »
I remember when the old man started sending someone into the stall with the wrestler submitting the sample.
 :-X
Pat Patterson  :-X

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #811 on: November 19, 2010, 05:35:45 AM »
Pat probably offered to "lend a hand..."

or both!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #812 on: November 19, 2010, 05:37:15 AM »
Pat probably offered to "lend a hand..."

or both!
:o  :o next thing you know, Barry Orton & Tom Cole will be on Geraldo and its back to 1992.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #813 on: November 19, 2010, 05:45:32 AM »
:o  :o next thing you know, Barry Orton & Tom Cole will be on Geraldo and its back to 1992.

Yep, which is fine; it'll match the attendance figures from that time.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #814 on: November 19, 2010, 07:13:38 AM »

Yep, which is fine; it'll match the attendance figures from that time.
And then there's Rita Chatterton.... :)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
« Reply #815 on: November 19, 2010, 12:25:12 PM »
Details on Vince McMahon's New Three-Year Contract with WWE
By Marc Middleton
Nov 19, 2010 - 5:17:43 AM

- Vince McMahon has signed a new three-year contract with WWE as their Chairman and CEO. Vince also has the titles of Creative Director, writer and performer. Vince's new deal gives him a base salary of $1.1 million per year and incentive bonuses based on WWE reaching a certain level of profitability. Vince gets an annual bonus of $1.1 million if the company reaches profit goals.

Vince also receives four weeks of paid vacation per year and is allowed to use the company plane for personal travel with family members and any guests, unless the plane has a business matter it has to be used for.

Vince's contract says that if he is terminated, which obviously won't be happening, he receives a cash amount equal to double his base annual salary within 30 days. Vince would also receive two years worth of profit bonuses and would remain on the company benefits plan for two years after his termination.

If terminated, Vince would retain intellectual property rights to Vince McMahon and Mr. McMahon. Vince cannot compete against WWE or its affiliates while under contract or for up to one year after being terminated.

Vince's new contract is effective as of January 1st, 2011. Besides the three years, it also has additional year extensions available.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #816 on: November 19, 2010, 01:52:13 PM »
Details on Vince McMahon's New Three-Year Contract with WWE
By Marc Middleton
Nov 19, 2010 - 5:17:43 AM

- Vince McMahon has signed a new three-year contract with WWE as their Chairman and CEO. Vince also has the titles of Creative Director, writer and performer. Vince's new deal gives him a base salary of $1.1 million per year and incentive bonuses based on WWE reaching a certain level of profitability. Vince gets an annual bonus of $1.1 million if the company reaches profit goals.

Vince also receives four weeks of paid vacation per year and is allowed to use the company plane for personal travel with family members and any guests, unless the plane has a business matter it has to be used for.

Vince's contract says that if he is terminated, which obviously won't be happening, he receives a cash amount equal to double his base annual salary within 30 days. Vince would also receive two years worth of profit bonuses and would remain on the company benefits plan for two years after his termination.

If terminated, Vince would retain intellectual property rights to Vince McMahon and Mr. McMahon. Vince cannot compete against WWE or its affiliates while under contract or for up to one year after being terminated.

Vince's new contract is effective as of January 1st, 2011. Besides the three years, it also has additional year extensions available.

Then you add Vince's bonuses and his true salary is 1 billion dollars per year.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #817 on: November 19, 2010, 05:16:30 PM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that WWE has released Shad Gaspard and Luke Gallows. WWE has also released Vance Archer, Caylen Croft, Tiffany and Jillian Hall today.

Also Chris DeJoseph, the WWE writer who appeared on camera as Big Dick Johnson, is gone from World Wrestling Entertainment.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #818 on: November 20, 2010, 12:42:20 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Vince McMahon did not fly to Europe last week for WWE's TV tapings in the UK, and it was the first time that Triple H was in charge of the tapings since being promoted to Senior Adviser to the Chairman.
Although the mood was said to be different with HHH in charge, it was also said to be a very positive atmosphere.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #819 on: November 22, 2010, 04:55:01 AM »
Triple H is expected to return to television “at any time”, according to WWE sources.

“H” has been sidelined since April, after he underwent surgery to repair a torn tendon. He was expected to return over the summer, but he suffered a torn biceps while shooting a film for WWE Studios, thus delaying his much anticipated return.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #820 on: November 23, 2010, 10:02:47 AM »
Okay, Mark Madden said/wrote it earlier and I agree 100% with it...

Is there anybody - even the most naïve and uneducated mark - who believes that John Cena was actually fired from the Fed the other night?

Some of the most successful angles back in the day were the ones that effectively blurred the line between reality and fiction.
They made the audience really think & question if what they were seeing unfold was real because it was so believable in the sense it was both possible AND looked realistic in presentation.
The premise behind the "Free or Fire" angle does not allow for such blurring because it's so unbelievable to begin with.

Yet, here's Randy Orton's latest Tweet regarding kayfabing the angle played out:
"Thanks to u all for your support tonight. I'm proud of John for doing the right thing, he was in a tough spot. I'll miss em in the lockeroom"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #821 on: November 23, 2010, 10:19:37 AM »
Does anyone think the Undertaker has special powers and was buried alive? Did anyone believe that Orton could kick his boss in the head and still keep his job...the list is endless. Trying to nitpick what is believable and what isn't in pro wrestling is a pointless exercise.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #822 on: November 23, 2010, 10:31:20 AM »
Yeah.
I'm okay with whatever happens within the context of the show.
But, leave it there.

I find it remarkably tacky, condescending, and pointless to extend angles (particularly like this one) to places like Twitter.
That practice is a few decades too late.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #823 on: November 23, 2010, 10:57:31 AM »
Yeah.
I'm okay with whatever happens within the context of the show.
But, leave it there.

I find it remarkably tacky, condescending, and pointless to extend angles (particularly like this one) to places like Twitter.
That practice is a few decades too late.

I agree with that...I will say that the only way that this will matter is if Cena is off tv for a large amount of time. If next week, he's back because of a loophole or something, they just wasted 2 months.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #824 on: November 23, 2010, 11:28:34 AM »
I agree with that...I will say that the only way that this will matter is if Cena is off tv for a large amount of time. If next week, he's back because of a loophole or something, they just wasted 2 months.

Pretty much...and it wouldn't surprise me if they do.

On a side note...

I actually like Cena.
From all accounts, he sounds like a nice dude in the sense that he seems like a hard worker, a cooperator, he's good with the fans, and doesn't cause problems in or out of the company.
He got AND capitalized on his break, doing very well for himself.
He also seems to genuinely enjoy what he does.

For his sake, I hope he's smart and takes some time off now & then to give his body and head a break.
Do like Taker; heal up, come back fresh, prolong your career, and take every opportunity to explore other options to make even more money.

All I can say is, "good for him!"