Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758682 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #825 on: November 24, 2010, 05:12:11 AM »
I thought it was great when he asked the crowd to chant Cena Sucks. He seems like a nice guy. Very confident.
He got  phenomenal pop when he did that.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #826 on: November 24, 2010, 07:07:23 AM »
Kevin Nash posted the following on Twitter, but then removed it after getting some backlash from fans:

"I promise I will not be back in the WWE. they think young sells .I've watched Grand Torino 15 times. bad ass sells not Mens fitness in trunks. WWE told the world that there **** is a work with the Miz as champ"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #827 on: November 24, 2010, 09:42:10 AM »
Kevin Nash posted the following on Twitter, but then removed it after getting some backlash from fans:

"I promise I will not be back in the WWE. they think young sells .I've watched Grand Torino 15 times. bad ass sells not Mens fitness in trunks. WWE told the world that there **** is a work with the Miz as champ"

I guarantee you Miz will lose the title within the next couple of weeks. He is a transitional champ at best.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #828 on: November 24, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »
I guarantee you Miz will lose the title within the next couple of weeks. He is a transitional champ at best.

I have chosen ye as my successor.
Thou shall replaceth me upon my elevation to "wrestling geek emeritus."

edit: Of course, a lot of people said the same thing about Honky Tonk Man when he got the I-C belt from Steamboat.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #829 on: November 24, 2010, 04:30:27 PM »
I remember that Miz goof on one of MTV's shows, road rules or something.....give him credit though, he was talking then about what he is doing now.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #830 on: November 25, 2010, 04:56:45 AM »

I have chosen ye as my successor.
Thou shall replaceth me upon my elevation to "wrestling geek emeritus."

edit: Of course, a lot of people said the same thing about Honky Tonk Man when he got the I-C belt from Steamboat.

I honestly thought Honky Tonk Man was a phenomenal IC champ. He drew so much heat with that Elvis gimmick it wasn't even funny. I enjoyed him as champ and respect him for his honesty in his shoot, down to earth,  interviews.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #831 on: November 25, 2010, 06:10:27 AM »
I think that Honky was a pleasant surprise, and that's why they kept the title on him for as long as they did.
Honestly though, after the last two men to hold that belt, I think it was quite reasonable for observers to speculate Honky's fate as nothing but a big middle finger to Steamboat.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #832 on: November 25, 2010, 09:49:52 AM »
I think that Honky was a pleasant surprise, and that's why they kept the title on him for as long as they did.
Honestly though, after the last two men to hold that belt, I think it was quite reasonable for observers to speculate Honky's fate as nothing but a big middle finger to Steamboat.
WWE had planned on keeping the title on Steamboat for 1yr. He wanted to take a month off to see his son be born and Vince would not let him. This is why they made him lose the title to Honky Tonk (funny thing is he was subbing for Butch Reed who no-showed the event). Vince became jealous and bitter and thus, reducing Steamboat to a mid-card jobber even makinghim lose to Greg Valentine of all people at WM4 in the world title tournament. Steamboat got the last laugh because he went to JCP and had a series of killer matches with Flair that stole the show everynight even winning the World Title and ratings at Clash of the Champions. I know you know this Mont, but I figured I would post it for those that didn't.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #833 on: November 25, 2010, 05:18:18 PM »
And, for Honky, it was the break of a lifetime!

Truthfully, I didn't know that Ferris was subbing for Reed that night.
I'm not sure that "The Natural" would have capitalized on the situation the way Honky Tonk did.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #834 on: November 26, 2010, 06:10:40 AM »
And, for Honky, it was the break of a lifetime!

Truthfully, I didn't know that Ferris was subbing for Reed that night.
I'm not sure that "The Natural" would have capitalized on the situation the way Honky Tonk did.

Butch Reed was scheduled to win the IC title off Steamboat in a controversial matter that night but he didn't show up to the arena for whatever reason. Nice little tit bit to know.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #835 on: November 26, 2010, 03:15:32 PM »
Butch Reed was scheduled to win the IC title off Steamboat in a controversial matter that night but he didn't show up to the arena for whatever reason. Nice little tit bit to know.

Yes, little tits are nice, too.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #836 on: November 27, 2010, 12:55:40 PM »
Jim Ross has noted via his Twitter page that WWE has released Smackdown star Shad Gaspard.
Ross noted:
"He certainly has discernible physical attributes and I hope he discovers best in in-ring persona."

WWE has yet to announce Gaspard's release.

________________________ ________________________

I hope J.R. doesn't catch shit for making these comments before the Fed went public.
Then again, it's "only" Gaspard.
 ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #837 on: November 27, 2010, 12:57:28 PM »
On his Twitter page, Joey Styles slammed Kevin Nash & his comments regarding the Miz:

"Kevin Nash said WWE proved we are a work with The Miz as champ? Nash's work never exposed the business? [Miz] won't coast on just being big."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #838 on: November 27, 2010, 04:47:13 PM »
According to Dave Meltzer, Kantaro Hoshino, considered to be one of the best working smaller wrestlers of the 60s, 70s and 80s, has passed away at the age of 67.
There are no details on the cause of death at this time.

During the era of the original Tiger Mask, Hoshino would tag with Tiger mask against top foreign junior heavyweights of the era like Bret Hart, Dynamite Kid, Steve Wright, Black Tiger (Mark Rocco), Solar, Abdullah Tamba and others.
After his wrestling days were over, Hoshino worked as a heel manager for NJPW.

credit: http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/163851/Kantaro-Hoshino-Passes-Away.htm

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #839 on: November 28, 2010, 05:02:29 PM »
On my Facebook after Survivor Series, one of the other kids moms from school had asked if the Cena firing was real, and someone else had commented: "Yeah, he's actualy been fired, I think he's going to TNA..."   ::) 

I don't see where they're going with the firing, there's no obvious 'out' for me.  Either he comes back in a fortnight (or I think I read somewhere he's 'bought' tickets to next weeks event) which cheapens and negates the whole storyline.  Or they keep him off TV for a while and bring him back for the Rumble, which would be another top star out of action when the company is already threadbare in the 'Big Names' department.  They've lost HBK, Batista, Jeff Hardy and Jericho from the company, and HHH and Taker to injury, all in the last 6-7 months.  Why take Cena out as well, really leaving only Orton to carry Raw?

As for Miz, I know a lot of people can't stand him, but I think he's got real potential.  He's the best heel they've got right now, his work's improved, his mic skills are great, and he's 100% committed to what he does.  Think back to when Cena started out, great on the mic, hard working, but lacking in the ring?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #840 on: November 28, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »
On my Facebook after Survivor Series, one of the other kids moms from school had asked if the Cena firing was real, and someone else had commented: "Yeah, he's actualy been fired, I think he's going to TNA..."   ::) 

And think how foolish we'll all feel when Cena shows up on IMPACT! this week.

:D

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #841 on: November 28, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »

And think how foolish we'll all feel when Cena shows up on IMPACT! this week.

:D

And then announce that Vince has bought TNA... only for it to be revealed that Cena's name is on the contract....  Sounds like a ratings winner!

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #842 on: November 29, 2010, 04:56:01 AM »
Well, tonight Cena debuts as "Juan Cena".....John Cena's Mexican cousin.....yes you read that correctly.... :-\ He will Wear a Lucha Libre Mask and continue to wrestle house shows and the odd Raw appearance whilst filming his new movie.

And people whinned that the original WCW booking was bad. Yet another brialliant move by creative  ::)  ::)  ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #843 on: November 29, 2010, 05:21:46 AM »
Well, tonight Cena debuts as "Juan Cena".....John Cena's Mexican cousin.....yes you read that correctly.... :-\ He will Wear a Lucha Libre Mask and continue to wrestle house shows and the odd Raw appearance whilst filming his new movie.

And people whinned that the original WCW booking was bad. Yet another brialliant move by creative  ::)  ::)  ::)

Wow, that is beyond weak.....

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #844 on: November 29, 2010, 11:35:27 AM »

the old hulk hogan mr america gimmick recycled yet again. andre as a giant machine etc.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #845 on: November 29, 2010, 12:02:55 PM »
It's true, it's true...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #846 on: November 29, 2010, 12:06:46 PM »
Various wrestlers have Tweeted on the passing of comedy & acting legend Leslie Nielson:

Paul Bearer: "So sorry to hear of the passing of Leslie Neilson. Myself and The Undertaker had the opportunity to work with him in the 1990s in the WWF."

Howard Finkel: "RIP Leslie Nielsen, who passed today. Got to meet him at Summer Slam '94; nice man. He was great in his roles in Airplane & The Naked Gun!"

Dolph Ziggler: "Heard Leslie Nielsen has passed away, surely he is doing research for Dracula: Dead and Loving it Part 2!.....and don't call him Shirley :)"

Dave Lagana: "In heaven they are serving fish or chicken but one man is having lasagna. RIP Leslie Nielsen"

Bill Goldberg: "RIP Leslie Nielsen..."

TNA's Tara: "Leslie Neilsen will be missed. RIP He was one of my favorite actors"

Chris Jericho: "Nice beaver..." RIP Leslie Neilson"

Rob Van dam: "R.I.P. Leslie Neilsen...probably the funniest man I've ever seen."

Scott Norton: "RIP Leslie Nielsen! I was fortunate enough to sit beside & chat with him on a flight from Tokyo to L.A. a few yrs. back. He was a class act!"

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #847 on: November 29, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

Seriously....?   :o  Friggin' hell....   :-\

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #848 on: December 01, 2010, 04:53:26 AM »
Seriously....?   :o  Friggin' hell....   :-\
Yup.....he will wrestle all the house shows as "Juan Cena" with a mask. How gay is that?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #849 on: December 01, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »
Yup.....he will wrestle all the house shows as "Juan Cena" with a mask. How gay is that?

That's got to be one of the worst ideas they've ever had.