Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758682 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #875 on: December 09, 2010, 12:41:06 AM »

He's going to keep breaking. Healing will take longer and be incomplete even with the best medical backup.

He won't get fired for it like any other poor schmuck though.

He's good for pops when he returns, but he can't perform day in and day out like the other wrestlers have to. Maybe gimmick runs for Wrestlemania etc, like the Undertaker, and then months to recover afterwards.

I've never liked him. Recall a Chuck Palumbo interview where he stole the idea of the cross on his tights. Cerebral Assassin indeed. Same calibre of human as Shawn Michaels.

:-X

Never understood how Triple H became a star?  Guy can't talk and has no charisma.  The music coming out is cool, in good shape, spits water out of mouth, thats it.  Good grief.

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #876 on: December 09, 2010, 01:41:23 AM »

How he managed to bury Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle when he broke through eludes me. Dumping his BB fiance and shagging the bosses daughter probably helped.

Any good will I had for the bloke ended with the Katie Vick storyline.

Somehow he survived it but managed to bury Kane instead.

If you win the rat race you are still a rat. I mean you can love a heel wrestler, even if he's really evil, but this guy just annoys me in a "hey it's Triple H, time for a cup of tea" or change the channel way.

>:(
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #877 on: December 09, 2010, 05:46:17 AM »
HHH's promos should only last 1 minute.....after that it's a snooze fest of epic proportions.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #878 on: December 09, 2010, 08:26:14 AM »
Disagree. HHH's in ring work is second to none. Even Hogan said in an interview the HHH's timing is impecable. His promos, entertaining factor are amazing. He was schooled well by Killer Kowalski and was a big star PRIOR to Stephanie McMahon. Chyna evolved into an out of shape drug bag on Celebrity Rehab and the Surreal life trying to make extra money.

Now his backstage ego may be a different story. But comparing his attitude to Michael's is off because Michael's is a pathological lying scumbag and the head of scumbags (taking nothing away from his in ring performances) no matter how much he "find's God".

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #879 on: December 09, 2010, 10:15:33 AM »
Disagree. HHH's in ring work is second to none. Even Hogan said in an interview the HHH's timing is impecable. His promos, entertaining factor are amazing. He was schooled well by Killer Kowalski and was a big star PRIOR to Stephanie McMahon. Chyna evolved into an out of shape drug bag on Celebrity Rehab and the Surreal life trying to make extra money.

Now his backstage ego may be a different story. But comparing his attitude to Michael's is off because Michael's is a pathological lying scumbag and the head of scumbags (taking nothing away from his in ring performances) no matter how much he "find's God".

I agree on the in-ring work, but I think his promos are just awful.....i can't recall a single promo he's cut that was anything special....when DX first formed it was HBK on the mic bringing the heat.  HHH is certainly a hard worker, but some have the gift of gab and others don't.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #880 on: December 09, 2010, 12:57:05 PM »
I agree on the in-ring work, but I think his promos are just awful.....i can't recall a single promo he's cut that was anything special....when DX first formed it was HBK on the mic bringing the heat.  HHH is certainly a hard worker, but some have the gift of gab and others don't.
Mic skills to my have to go to the ROck. His promos had me in tears. Also Ric Flair circa 1985-1988.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #881 on: December 10, 2010, 04:56:57 AM »
Many within WWE feel Batista isn’t coming back anytime soon since there has been no contact anyone is aware of and the expectation is when he returns stateside from filming Scorpion King 3 that he’ll be signing with Strikeforce.

Likewise, Chris Jericho is another name many within the company feel isn’t coming back anytime soon. It is unlikely at this point that he will be participating in a match at WrestleMania XXVII. Of course, that can change at a moments notice.

Both were said to be extremely disappointed as to the direction the company was taking.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #882 on: December 10, 2010, 05:06:35 AM »
^^ I believe it.
I recently read an interview with Batista in which he said as much.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #883 on: December 10, 2010, 06:04:33 AM »
^^ I believe it.
I recently read an interview with Batista in which he said as much.
And to top it off Shad gaspar asked for his realese, as did MVP and there are others that want out of there too. What's next.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #884 on: December 10, 2010, 06:16:33 AM »
And to top it off Shad gaspar asked for his realese, as did MVP and there are others that want out of there too. What's next.

A wake up call?

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #885 on: December 10, 2010, 07:10:48 AM »
A wake up call?

Nope....ignorant, egotistical people don't get wak up calls. Vince's ego is so thick that you could slice it with a steak knife.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #886 on: December 11, 2010, 05:38:43 AM »
It is less common for "nice" people to achieve the type of success the old man has.

I'm not saying that good people never get it; but it's usually the assholes because they're the ones willing to make the asshole moves and do asshole things to others.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #887 on: December 11, 2010, 05:41:36 AM »
I'm not motivated enough to sit down and figure out what they are doing wrong. I only know I put this stuff on and am up and out of my chair and doing things and forgetting to come back.

When wrestling is properly done I am hooked. The whole show is finally over and I realise a couple of hours have gone and I've forgotten everything else.

There are a lot of things competing now for our 24 hours +$$$ and wrestling has to figure itself out or end up even more niche than it is. Folks are getting to busy to care.

I just want to be entertained. That is all.

Nicely said Montague.
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #888 on: December 11, 2010, 05:54:32 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #889 on: December 11, 2010, 05:54:45 AM »
WWE's new book, "Cross Rhodes," which focuses on current Superstar Goldust, describes his book in the breakdown with the following description:

"A green wrestler struggling to prove to his peers that his work, not his name, had gotten him to where he was. Rhodes describes how, in the midst of a painful five-year estrangement with his father, he finally made a name for himself as Goldust and then let it all go, tumbling into a descent of self-medication that led him away from a red-hot career as a WWE Superstar and nearly cost him his life."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #890 on: December 11, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »
WWE's new book, "Cross Rhodes," which focuses on current Superstar Goldust, describes his book in the breakdown with the following description:

"A green wrestler struggling to prove to his peers that his work, not his name, had gotten him to where he was. Rhodes describes how, in the midst of a painful five-year estrangement with his father, he finally made a name for himself as Goldust and then let it all go, tumbling into a descent of self-medication that led him away from a red-hot career as a WWE Superstar and nearly cost him his life."

I hope they make a Goldust DVD.

marcie999

• Getbig III
« Reply #891 on: December 11, 2010, 02:59:04 PM »
I hope they make a Goldust DVD.

Lololol. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some of his skits with Booker T again. Loved his take on Steve Irwin (may he rest in peace).

Hilarious stuff. Sad about the drugs though.

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #892 on: December 13, 2010, 05:19:51 AM »

His ex wife Terri is a nice piece of ass.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #893 on: December 13, 2010, 05:40:37 AM »
VKM+vision+hard work=Billionaire. Whats so hard to Understand about that? There is such a thing as rich and miserable. There's no such thing as being broke and happy.

Wrong. His father started the company and did all the work. Vince was spoon fed. He raided all the territories and broke protocol and trust amongst the promoters by stealing their wrestlers which in turn came back to bite him in the ass because that's exactly what Bishoff did to him with WCW. Vince did do a great job with his product but it was never the same after the sex and steroid scandals and after the Guererro death and Benoit incident.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #894 on: December 13, 2010, 12:19:54 PM »
Wrong. His father started the company and did all the work. Vince was spoon fed...

I think to a point.

There are rumors that Jr. bought the WWWF from his dad for $1.00.
But, I’ve also heard that, supposedly, Jr. & Linda ran around to every bank in town taking out loans to convince Vince Sr. that they had all these financial backers so that he would hand over the reigns.

Regardless, Jr. inherited a territory.
The business he acquired from his dad was not the same business he would have a short time later.
He made some extremely shrewd and unethical moves that eventually made him a billionaire as well as come back to bite him.
I almost agree with the claim that VKM is the best AND worst thing to happen to wrestling…almost.

Benoit was THE WORST thing ever to happen to the industry.

I don’t know if it will ever be the same again.
Bruno thought he had the best of it.
Hogan thought he had the best.
A lot of people think the “attitude era” will never be topped.

It’s always proven to be cyclical, but this is one hell of a slump they’re in.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #895 on: December 13, 2010, 12:52:33 PM »

I think to a point.

There are rumors that Jr. bought the WWWF from his dad for $1.00.
But, I’ve also heard that, supposedly, Jr. & Linda ran around to every bank in town taking out loans to convince Vince Sr. that they had all these financial backers so that he would hand over the reigns.

Regardless, Jr. inherited a territory.
The business he acquired from his dad was not the same business he would have a short time later.
He made some extremely shrewd and unethical moves that eventually made him a billionaire as well as come back to bite him.
I almost agree with the claim that VKM is the best AND worst thing to happen to wrestling…almost.

Benoit was THE WORST thing ever to happen to the industry.

I don’t know if it will ever be the same again.
Bruno thought he had the best of it.
Hogan thought he had the best.
A lot of people think the “attitude era” will never be topped.

It’s always proven to be cyclical, but this is one hell of a slump they’re in.
That along with the steroid scandal and the sex scandal single handedly ruined everything IMO. Now when people see a "muscular" wrestler, right away they think, steroids / painkillers / muscle relaxants / rec drugs.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #896 on: December 13, 2010, 02:26:52 PM »
That along with the steroid scandal and the sex scandal single handedly ruined everything IMO. Now when people see a "muscular" wrestler, right away they think, steroids / painkillers / muscle relaxants / rec drugs.

...murderer.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #897 on: December 14, 2010, 05:34:52 AM »

...murderer.
lol....just like that ridiculous raw last night. Any of you dudes catch it?? John Cena's basic AA off a car on Batista won a Slammy over Randy Orton's mid air RKO on Evan Bourne whilst he did his shooting star press.

Then you have David Arquette wrestling....and Vince was the first one to make crude remarks on WCW when they made a horrible decision to put the World title on Arquette for a week....wow... ::)

What's next? Horn Swoggle versus Kofi Kingston in the main event at WM???

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #898 on: December 14, 2010, 02:41:57 PM »
What's next? Horn Swoggle versus Kofi Kingston in the main event at WM???

When it's booked, we'll have confirmation that they read this site and are very desperate for ideas.
 ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #899 on: December 15, 2010, 06:02:07 AM »

When it's booked, we'll have confirmation that they read this site and are very desperate for ideas.
 ;)
Next thing you know, i'll have Heyman's old job, you'll have Cornettes old job and Mass can head creative.