Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758669 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #900 on: December 15, 2010, 09:48:51 AM »
Next thing you know, i'll have Heyman's old job, you'll have Cornettes old job and Mass can head creative.
hey i want a job too, i'll train the divas.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #901 on: December 15, 2010, 10:38:21 AM »
As long as I get the twins  :P

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #902 on: December 16, 2010, 05:05:28 AM »
Randy Orton continues to have issues with his neck and has been encouraged to take time off. He’s only appearing at television events for the time being undergoing therapy. So much for him winning back the title.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #903 on: December 17, 2010, 04:39:24 AM »
Reby Sky, who is the current host of MTV 2's Lucha Libre USA: Masked Warriors, recently posted the following on her Twitter account:
"Weird day. Just had to turn down WWE (per my Lucha Libre USA contract). Very weird day."

Sky is a 24 year old former Playboy model.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #904 on: December 17, 2010, 04:39:52 AM »
PWInsider.com is reporting that the 2011 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony will take place on April 2nd at the Phillips Arena in Atlanta.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #905 on: December 17, 2010, 04:42:32 AM »
Percy Pringle/Paul Bearer posted the following on his official blog page:

"I will also tell you that my WWE contract IS NOT completely over, in fact I have a couple of months remaining. Considering my personal past, age, and other issues, I knew in my heart that I couldn't take on a full time schedule that most of the roster, many less than half my age, were doing."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #906 on: December 17, 2010, 04:45:16 AM »
From TMZ.com:

"Sources at the wedding tell us a photographer was trying to snap shots of Hulk and his bride-to-be, Jennifer McDaniel, during the ceremony in their backyard -- which happens to be on the beach in Clearwater.

We're told a family employee told the photog to beat it -- and then the scuffle broke out just as Hulk and Jennifer were saying their vows. Classic.

Cops were called, but no one was arrested -- since no one wanted to press charges -- and the ceremony continued ...right through Hulk and Jennifer's 'I dos.'"

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #907 on: December 17, 2010, 03:07:01 PM »

Who was expecting classiness at Hulk Hogan's nuptials?

Anyone?  Anyone?

Wonder if Vince was invited..........

:-X
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #908 on: December 17, 2010, 03:26:56 PM »
lol....just like that ridiculous raw last night. Any of you dudes catch it?? John Cena's basic AA off a car on Batista won a Slammy over Randy Orton's mid air RKO on Evan Bourne whilst he did his shooting star press.

Then you have David Arquette wrestling....and Vince was the first one to make crude remarks on WCW when they made a horrible decision to put the World title on Arquette for a week....wow... ::)

What's next? Horn Swoggle versus Kofi Kingston in the main event at WM???

Caught it dude.

Performed an eye roll so epic I found myself in another room altogether.

That shooting star press was AMAZING. Made me respect Orton a whole lot more even though the creep takes dumps in the diva's luggage for shits and giggles.

And then watching David Arquette................ ... What on earth are the writers smoking? Most of these celebrities are unknown to me as an Aussie which means I can't recall how the match ended because I got caught up doing something else.

Care factor

Zero.

???
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #909 on: December 19, 2010, 07:57:51 AM »
Whoops...
Meant to post this yesterday:

Trish Stratus turned 35 today. The former WWE Diva was born on December 18, 1975.

Steve Austin turns 46 today. The former "Stone Cold" was born on December 18, 1964.

Rob Van Dam turns 40 today. The former WWE and current TNA star was born on December 18, 1970.

Hope you can all fukkin' forgive me.
 :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #910 on: December 19, 2010, 09:30:04 PM »
The Wrestling Observer reported earlier that WWE star Goldust was unhappy with the lack of promotion WWE gave to his new book.

Goldust, himself, later disputed that report by posting the following on Twitter:
"Not true dipsh*t."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #911 on: December 20, 2010, 04:55:09 AM »
Recently, Irv Muchnick published an article in a Pittsburgh City Paper criticizing WWE's Wellness Policy. In response to the article, WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt sent a very strongly worded letter to Muchnick.
A link to the full letter below appears below:

http://muchnick.net/mcdevitt121610.pdf

While lengthy and jargon-laden, it makes several very good points.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #912 on: December 20, 2010, 01:28:08 PM »
The Wrestling Observer reported earlier that WWE star Goldust was unhappy with the lack of promotion WWE gave to his new book.

Goldust, himself, later disputed that report by posting the following on Twitter:
"Not true dipsh*t."

why does every wrestler need a book anymore, i'm not complaining just wonder why all of a sudden every guy practically has a book. just got tony atlas's book too much......too soon actually pretty interesting. i think arn anderson was the first big name wrestler to have a book.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #913 on: December 20, 2010, 02:57:07 PM »
The first book I picked up was Dynamite Kid's.
That was around 1999/2000, and it was the first pro-wrestler autobiography I'd noticed - at least, by someone I cared enough about to read.

Once the "attitude era" boomed, wrestling bio's multiplied like rabbits.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #914 on: December 23, 2010, 04:22:26 AM »
The first book I picked up was Dynamite Kid's.
That was around 1999/2000, and it was the first pro-wrestler autobiography I'd noticed - at least, by someone I cared enough about to read.

Once the "attitude era" boomed, wrestling bio's multiplied like rabbits.
Out of all the books, I really enjoyed Dynamite's the best. It really opened my eyes as to what goes on behind the scenes, the ribs, the drugs, etc.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #915 on: December 23, 2010, 05:03:11 AM »
Out of all the books, I really enjoyed Dynamite's the best. It really opened my eyes as to what goes on behind the scenes, the ribs, the drugs, etc.

Yeah, Dyno's & Heenan's first are my two favorites.
I also enjoyed Bret's, although he seemed to incorporate a little too much self-pitty at times.
For as big a prick as Dynamite Billington may have been, he hit the nail on the head when he wrote, "I made a lot more than most, but I'm sure that I lost a lot more than most, too."

Nothing is for free.
Everything you come by has a trade-off.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #916 on: December 23, 2010, 05:19:22 AM »
The following are some messages compiled from the official Twitter page of former WWE, WCW and TNA star Sean "X-Pac" Waltman:

It will be a call-in show with Skype capability, interviews with the biggest names in wrestling and other celebs. It's not a radio [show], it's a TV webcast. I will be covering everything about wrestling, as well as pop culture and current events. There will be clips with some Tosh.0 style shit. This isn't a video podcast. This will be live in a multi-million dollar studio. Very much like [Howard] Stern's show on E Entertainment Television."

Follow more Waltman tweets on Twitter @ TheRealXPac.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #917 on: December 23, 2010, 06:46:20 AM »
The following are some messages compiled from the official Twitter page of former WWE, WCW and TNA star Sean "X-Pac" Waltman:

It will be a call-in show with Skype capability, interviews with the biggest names in wrestling and other celebs. It's not a radio [show], it's a TV webcast. I will be covering everything about wrestling, as well as pop culture and current events. There will be clips with some Tosh.0 style shit. This isn't a video podcast. This will be live in a multi-million dollar studio. Very much like [Howard] Stern's show on E Entertainment Television."

Follow more Waltman tweets on Twitter @ TheRealXPac.

credit: wrestlezone.com

F**k me....Waltman is still around? Last I heard he was wrestling for Mexico's AAA and living in some hotel.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #918 on: December 23, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
F**k me....Waltman is still around? Last I heard he was wrestling for Mexico's AAA and living in some hotel.

Man, when he first showed up in WCW I wanted to bash his head in so badly......never cared one way or the other about the 123 Kid gimmick, but I was very early on the "X-pac heat" bandwagon......

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #919 on: December 23, 2010, 11:11:08 AM »
Man, when he first showed up in WCW I wanted to bash his head in so badly......never cared one way or the other about the 123 Kid gimmick, but I was very early on the "X-pac heat" bandwagon......
I never liked him period. I loved it when he and Michaels got the piss kicked out of them by those marines in Albany. They deserved it. I always felt that Waltman rode Hall & Nash's coat tails....and he did. The best was when he left WCW in 1998 and came back to WWE to join DX, Hogan told him, "he couldn't cut the mustard." What a shot to X-Pac's ego, lol.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #920 on: December 23, 2010, 11:44:33 AM »
I never liked him period. I loved it when he and Michaels got the piss kicked out of them by those marines in Albany. They deserved it. I always felt that Waltman rode Hall & Nash's coat tails....and he did. The best was when he left WCW in 1998 and came back to WWE to join DX, Hogan told him, "he couldn't cut the mustard." What a shot to X-Pac's ego, lol.

Did you see the interview with Cornette where he said the only Hall and Nash kept Waltman around so that they could get him drunk and watch him puke on himself? haha

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #921 on: December 23, 2010, 07:02:53 PM »
From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Kaval (Brandon Silvestry) as of today, December 23, 2010. We wish Kaval the best in all future endeavors.

Seems an odd one, I thought they could have done something with him?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #922 on: December 24, 2010, 04:42:47 AM »
From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Kaval (Brandon Silvestry) as of today, December 23, 2010. We wish Kaval the best in all future endeavors.

Seems an odd one, I thought they could have done something with him?
There reason was they didn't have anything creative for him planned.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #923 on: December 24, 2010, 04:46:24 AM »
Did you see the interview with Cornette where he said the only Hall and Nash kept Waltman around so that they could get him drunk and watch him puke on himself? haha
I didn't but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Waltman was always like a puppy running on Hall & Nash's heels.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #924 on: December 24, 2010, 06:43:38 AM »
I didn't but it wouldn't surprise me at all. Waltman was always like a puppy running on Hall & Nash's heels...humping their legs...

;)