Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758704 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #925 on: December 24, 2010, 07:24:56 AM »

;)
Lol.....what a misfit Waltman is though, huh?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #926 on: December 24, 2010, 09:31:28 AM »
I believe I posted the aforementioned Corny interview a few months ago, and I wholeheartedly agree with what he said with regards to Waltman's place/purpose within the "Kliq."
I doubt that was the ONLY reason they included him, but I suspect it was a VERY BIG REASON.

I also have doubts that Waltman ever saw it that way.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #927 on: December 25, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »
On Bubba The Love Sponge's radio show today, a caller said he lived in Jim Neidhart's neighborhood and the Anvil would sometimes walk around with a 12-pack under his arms, knocking on random doors and yelling at people. The caller also claimed to have seen Neidhart riding a mountain bike in the car lane and swearing at people who honked at him for holding them up.

From Lanny Poffo:

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #928 on: December 27, 2010, 05:52:26 AM »
From WWE.com:

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of WWE SmackDown Superstar Kaval (Brandon Silvestry) as of today, December 23, 2010. We wish Kaval the best in all future endeavors.

Seems an odd one, I thought they could have done something with him?

Yeah, this.

I was actually looking forward to seeing what they would come up with for him too. It's shaped into a very "Merry Christmas" for Kaval. Wonder if they rang him about it.

He wouldn't be the first WWE worker to learn he was axed by reading about it online.

Dayum. Where's the karma?

???
Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #929 on: December 27, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
The Charlotte Observer is reporting the following:

CARTHAGE - Jeff Hardy, a professional wrestler from Cameron who was arrested last year on drug charges, plans to plead guilty in court next month, according to the Moore County district attorney.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/27/1936732/moore-da-pro-wrestler-to-plead.html#ixzz19KZHH9l6

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #930 on: December 29, 2010, 04:09:43 AM »
The Charlotte Observer is reporting the following:

CARTHAGE - Jeff Hardy, a professional wrestler from Cameron who was arrested last year on drug charges, plans to plead guilty in court next month, according to the Moore County district attorney.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/27/1936732/moore-da-pro-wrestler-to-plead.html#ixzz19KZHH9l6

I wonder what they'll sentence him to?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #931 on: December 29, 2010, 06:22:25 AM »
I wonder what they'll sentence him to?

I thought it would be some kind of plea deal, but we'll have to wait & see.
How was your holiday, brother?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #932 on: December 29, 2010, 08:01:44 AM »

I thought it would be some kind of plea deal, but we'll have to wait & see.
How was your holiday, brother?

I can't see him getting any jail time as i'm sure his slew of lawyers will land him a sweet deal.

Holiday was phenomenal. Lots of food and booze. Santa was good. He got me some Smackdown! tickets for Feb 5th show here.  ;D Looking forward to new years. I'm throwing a nice little jam at my pad.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #933 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:04 AM »
I can't see him getting any jail time as i'm sure his slew of lawyers will land him a sweet deal.

Holiday was phenomenal. Lots of food and booze. Santa was good. He got me some Smackdown! tickets for Feb 5th show here.  ;D Looking forward to new years. I'm throwing a nice little jam at my pad.

Nice!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #934 on: December 29, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »
Earlier we had posted that Awesome Kong has signed a deal with World Wrestling Entertainment, but it's still not confirmed. One source is saying that Kong was brought to the WWE headquarters in Stamford about a month ago.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #935 on: December 29, 2010, 05:10:19 PM »
From Jim Ross - Twitter @ JRsBBQ:

"John Cena suffered a hip pointer Tues nite in Wilkes Barre, Pa. He's day to day. Knowing John, not too many days. O-Lineman mentality."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #936 on: December 29, 2010, 05:13:00 PM »
The following is a new tweet from the official Twitter page of former TNA Knockout Awesome Kong:

"My dreams just came true today. I got my dream job. Yes, THAT one."

Fukking women and their drama...
Spare us the ambiguity.

::)

:)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #937 on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:39 AM »
From Jim Ross - Twitter @ JRsBBQ:

"John Cena suffered a hip pointer Tues nite in Wilkes Barre, Pa. He's day to day. Knowing John, not too many days. O-Lineman mentality."

A little more on that story....

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross said on his twitter account that John Cena could have suffered a hip pointer during his match against Wade Barrett in Wilkes Barre, PA last night. A hip pointer is deep bruising of the pelvic bone and muscle from a hard blow to that area. The injury can also cause internal bleeding within the abdominal muscles.

It will take some time before he can do any physical activity, and the word is that breathing hard and/or laughing could cause him extreme pain. Jim Ross described Cena’s condition as “day to day.”

Although it is painful, Cena will not be out for months, and it won’t require surgery. It will prevent him from performing in-ring for the next several weeks though.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #938 on: January 01, 2011, 06:45:53 PM »
A little more on that story....

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross said on his twitter account that John Cena could have suffered a hip pointer during his match against Wade Barrett in Wilkes Barre, PA last night. A hip pointer is deep bruising of the pelvic bone and muscle from a hard blow to that area. The injury can also cause internal bleeding within the abdominal muscles.

It will take some time before he can do any physical activity, and the word is that breathing hard and/or laughing could cause him extreme pain. Jim Ross described Cena’s condition as “day to day.”

Although it is painful, Cena will not be out for months, and it won’t require surgery. It will prevent him from performing in-ring for the next several weeks though.

I'm going to the Royal Rumble, I hope he's back by then. I really hope that they don't screw up with Kong. It would be great to see her work with Beth and Nattie.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #939 on: January 01, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
WWE Champion The Miz told Baltimore Sun Ring Posts blogger Kevin Eck that JBL wasn't always tough on him backstage. "It’s funny with JBL," Miz said. "In front of all the boys back in the day he would always be making fun of me or saying [imitating JBL’s voice], 'Miz, I look forward to your amazing work. You’re a gift from God.' But whenever no one was around, he would come up to me and say, 'You’re doing a good job.'

"He’d always give me a little pat on the back. Most people think he was really, really bad to me and this kind of stuff – and, granted, there were times – but there were also times when he sat me down and said, 'Listen, you’re doing a good job. This is what you’re doing wrong. This is what you have to do to get to the next level.' So he has helped me as well."

Miz was also asked about his relationship with Daniel Bryan during NXT season one. "We were very cordial with each other, but you could tell on the inside that we were both trying to one-up one another because I thought I was better than him and he thought he was better than me," said Miz. "I thought I was better than him just because I’ve been in WWE for four years now and how long had he been in WWE? Zero time. He basically performed in front of 25 people at a bingo hall and was called the best in the world.

"I mean, please, I don’t care if some dirt sheet is writing about how great you are and that you were able to perform in front of 100 people. Congratulations. I’m performing in front of 16,000 to 20,000 a night and millions across the globe. As far as working with him, though, he’s a very, very cool guy and very, very talented. He is one of the true up-and-comers in the WWE and has proven himself and keeps proving himself and improving. And he really, really wants it, which is all you can really ask for."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #940 on: January 01, 2011, 07:06:36 PM »
Hulk Hogan posted on his Twitter today that his mother, Ruth Bollea, passed away at the age of 88.

Hulk tweeted, "Its been a tough day,my mom passed today.she was my biggest fan, ii love her so much.happy new year to everyone."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #941 on: January 03, 2011, 05:24:01 AM »
RIP Ruth Bollea

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #942 on: January 03, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
-- A new "employment agreement" Vince McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment went into effect on January 1st and will run for three years until December 31, 2013. According to the official SEC Filing posted at WWE.com, McMahon's new role in the company is as follows:

"In addition to his duties and responsibilities as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, the Executive shall serve as the Company’s creative director, and as a writer, and performer at various times for and in the Company’s events and productions."

The three-year deal gives McMahon generous compensation if he is terminated "other than for cause" or leaves on his own accord
with "good reason." It also includes a 1-year no compete clause in the event that his agreement is terminated. For more specifics, visit Corporate.WWE.com.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #943 on: January 04, 2011, 04:42:14 AM »
-- A new "employment agreement" Vince McMahon and World Wrestling Entertainment went into effect on January 1st and will run for three years until December 31, 2013. According to the official SEC Filing posted at WWE.com, McMahon's new role in the company is as follows:

"In addition to his duties and responsibilities as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Company, the Executive shall serve as the Company’s creative director, and as a writer, and performer at various times for and in the Company’s events and productions."

The three-year deal gives McMahon generous compensation if he is terminated "other than for cause" or leaves on his own accord
with "good reason." It also includes a 1-year no compete clause in the event that his agreement is terminated. For more specifics, visit Corporate.WWE.com.
In other words, he'll be making 50 million per year. His take home last year was a little over 45 million. No, that is not a joke.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #944 on: January 05, 2011, 03:21:15 PM »
Former WWE and WCW star Paul Orndorff, 61, revealed this afternoon on the SIRIUS pro wrestling talk show Busted Open that he was recently diagnosed with cancer.

Program host Reby Sky disclosed the news on her Twitter account, writing:

"Orndorff: "I wasn't a very good politican. I wonder if I should have played the game" in reference to money & Vince McMahon... after revealing he just found out he has cancer. This is almost too intense; studio on the verge of tears here."

Orndorff was forced to retire from active wrestling in 1995 due to previous injuries suffered while working for WWE in the 1980s, with the entire right side of his body beginning to atrophy (eventually causing his arm and leg muscles to shrink).
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____________________-
I guess Vince gives guys cancer now too? Best wishes to him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #945 on: January 06, 2011, 04:37:40 AM »
Former WWE and WCW star Paul Orndorff, 61, revealed this afternoon on the SIRIUS pro wrestling talk show Busted Open that he was recently diagnosed with cancer.

Program host Reby Sky disclosed the news on her Twitter account, writing:

"Orndorff: "I wasn't a very good politican. I wonder if I should have played the game" in reference to money & Vince McMahon... after revealing he just found out he has cancer. This is almost too intense; studio on the verge of tears here."

Orndorff was forced to retire from active wrestling in 1995 due to previous injuries suffered while working for WWE in the 1980s, with the entire right side of his body beginning to atrophy (eventually causing his arm and leg muscles to shrink).
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ _____________________-
I just read about this too. That's too bad. I always liked Orndorff.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #946 on: January 06, 2011, 05:57:07 AM »

I suspect he was referring to making & having more money to deal with his current situation.
Regardless of how much they made, lots of guys either blew what they had, or didn’t save enough while they were making it.
And, even if you have it, going for cancer treatments with no medical coverage; you won’t have it for long.

Bobby Heenan had to wait until he received health insurance through Turner before he had his neck surgery after a 1984(?) injury.
And, I believe his wife’s insurance (through her job) later covered his cancer treatments.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #947 on: January 06, 2011, 07:20:25 AM »

I suspect he was referring to making & having more money to deal with his current situation.
Regardless of how much they made, lots of guys either blew what they had, or didn’t save enough while they were making it.
And, even if you have it, going for cancer treatments with no medical coverage; you won’t have it for long.

Bobby Heenan had to wait until he received health insurance through Turner before he had his neck surgery after a 1984(?) injury.
And, I believe his wife’s insurance (through her job) later covered his cancer treatments.

Bullseye.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #948 on: January 06, 2011, 08:36:13 AM »

What do you mean? Not sure that I understand. You won't have cancer for long? or the coverage?

Just curious because my aunt has stage two ovarian cancer and is about to be flown to John's Hopkins here in Baltimore to get treatment. The kicker is that she lives in the U.S. virgin Islands but has never had insurance(she's currently applying for medicare). As it turns out, she has been told that she will receive treatment regardless of whether she has insurance or not.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #949 on: January 06, 2011, 09:11:25 AM »
What do you mean? Not sure that I understand. You won't have cancer for long? or the coverage?

Just curious because my aunt has stage two ovarian cancer and is about to be flown to John's Hopkins here in Baltimore to get treatment. The kicker is that she lives in the U.S. virgin Islands but has never had insurance(she's currently applying for medicare). As it turns out, she has been told that she will receive treatment regardless of whether she has insurance or not.

Right, sorry to hear about your Aunt.
The same cancer can affect various people quite differently.
Glad to hear she’ll get the treatment she needs, and I hope they can get her better.
Hopkins is a fantastic facility.

In my post, I was referring to the money wrestlers made and saved during their careers.
Even if they had THE MONEY to afford treatment, they wouldn’t have it for long after the costly medical bills that pile up quickly.
That's all I was getting at.