Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758705 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #975 on: January 12, 2011, 09:40:22 AM »
Former WWE star Gregory Helms, who ripped Shawn Michaels on Twitter a few months back, had more comments against Shawn this week after his Hall of Fame induction.

Helms wrote: "The HOF is great but I take more pride & comfort in the fact that I've never "screwjobbed" ANYONE in life or the biz! $$$ isn't everything."

Later, Chris Jericho wrote that Shawn was the greatest performer of all-time. Helms re-tweeted Jericho's message and added his opinion: "BS! Flair did more & got more people over.

Helms then wrote another message, which sounds like it was directed at Jericho: "If u got something to say, say it public. Enough ass-kissing. He wasn't the greatest when he was cussing u out in catering."

Helms continued to rant:

"Flair got over people that absolutely SUCKED!! Shawn hadn't gotten over anyone but himself in the last decade!!

I'm sorry being honest comes off bad on Twitter, I'm not hating, I'm stating FACTS!! Facts that I would swear by on my life.

And wearing a cross doesn't make u right. Hitler wore one too! Don't be FOOLED by a TV persona!! I'm always honest. NO ONE can accuse me."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #976 on: January 12, 2011, 11:39:53 AM »
Former WWE star Gregory Helms, who ripped Shawn Michaels on Twitter a few months back, had more comments against Shawn this week after his Hall of Fame induction.

Helms wrote: "The HOF is great but I take more pride & comfort in the fact that I've never "screwjobbed" ANYONE in life or the biz! $$$ isn't everything."

Later, Chris Jericho wrote that Shawn was the greatest performer of all-time. Helms re-tweeted Jericho's message and added his opinion: "BS! Flair did more & got more people over.

Helms then wrote another message, which sounds like it was directed at Jericho: "If u got something to say, say it public. Enough ass-kissing. He wasn't the greatest when he was cussing u out in catering."

Helms continued to rant:

"Flair got over people that absolutely SUCKED!! Shawn hadn't gotten over anyone but himself in the last decade!!

I'm sorry being honest comes off bad on Twitter, I'm not hating, I'm stating FACTS!! Facts that I would swear by on my life.

And wearing a cross doesn't make u right. Hitler wore one too! Don't be FOOLED by a TV persona!! I'm always honest. NO ONE can accuse me."

lol...Gregory Helms....another drugged up jealous misfit who hangs with the Hardy's. Need I say more?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #977 on: January 12, 2011, 02:52:25 PM »
The funny thing is, all he did during his comeback run was put people over. He's a moron.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #978 on: January 13, 2011, 04:57:22 AM »
The funny thing is, all he did during his comeback run was put people over. He's a moron.
I never liked him at all.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #979 on: January 13, 2011, 05:17:05 AM »
At least he was right about Flair being better.....  8)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #980 on: January 13, 2011, 06:23:11 AM »
At least he was right about Flair being better.....  8)
Anyone who carves Flair's career is on crack.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #981 on: January 14, 2011, 04:45:14 AM »
The latest on the Undertaker:

The Undertaker was at the SmackDown! tapings this week. Many were surprised that he showed up, because he had to fly to Birmingham, and has been focusing on his shoulder rehab.

While he was there to spend time with real-life wife Michelle McCool, he was also there to watch the angle develop involving Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Ezekiel Jackson joining Wade Barrett on SmackDown!. Both Barrett and Jackson have been rumored as opponents for Taker at WrestleMania, due to the fact that they want to book him in a match where he won’t be expected to put on the physically taxing type of match that he’s had in recent years with Shawn Michaels. The idea is to give him a match on the card where he can keep the streak alive, but not feel the pressure to top the last two years. The deadman's days are definately numbered.

Kane has also been discussed as a possible opponent

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #982 on: January 14, 2011, 11:18:14 PM »
The latest on the Undertaker:

The Undertaker was at the SmackDown! tapings this week. Many were surprised that he showed up, because he had to fly to Birmingham, and has been focusing on his shoulder rehab.

While he was there to spend time with real-life wife Michelle McCool, he was also there to watch the angle develop involving Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Ezekiel Jackson joining Wade Barrett on SmackDown!. Both Barrett and Jackson have been rumored as opponents for Taker at WrestleMania, due to the fact that they want to book him in a match where he won’t be expected to put on the physically taxing type of match that he’s had in recent years with Shawn Michaels. The idea is to give him a match on the card where he can keep the streak alive, but not feel the pressure to top the last two years. The deadman's days are definately numbered.

Kane has also been discussed as a possible opponent

Kane and Undie wouldn't get much heat though. It's been done too many times and hasn't left much of an impression. The writers would have to outdo themselves.  ::)

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #983 on: January 17, 2011, 07:37:24 AM »
Kane and Undie wouldn't get much heat though. It's been done too many times and hasn't left much of an impression. The writers would have to outdo themselves.  ::)

I agree 100%. The Kane vs Undertaker saga is much played out.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #984 on: January 17, 2011, 11:23:23 AM »
If Kane is Undertakers opponent at Mania I won't watch it.
I don't think anyone will.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #985 on: January 21, 2011, 07:27:42 AM »
The latest discussion with regards to the Undertaker at WM...

Providing that The Undertaker is healthy enough to compete in a singles match at WrestleMania XXVII, there has been talk of “The Deadman” facing his opponent at WrestleMania X-Seven, Triple H.

Shawn Michaels as the bout’s special guest referee has also been discussed. He recently stated that he reached a new contractual agreement with WWE, but would not be returning the ring as a wrestler. He did not, however, rule out special appearances or becoming an on-air character at some point.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #986 on: January 21, 2011, 02:48:33 PM »
Absolute latest on HHH:

According to sources within WWE, the general feeling backstage is that Triple H will be winding down his in-ring career later this year and will focus more on backstage stuff and corporate issues. That doesn’t mean he’ll be retiring from in-ring competition but will scale back on the amount of in-ring wrestling he does. It also depends on how well he recovers from this latest injury. One source notes that in addition to “H” starring in his own WWE Studios film, he has also been learning more on WWE’s marketing strategies.

It should also be noted that Stephanie McMahon has been traveling much less these days as she tends to their three daughters at home in Connecticut. She still attends office meetings and WWE TV tapings but not nearly as much as in the past.

Head SD! writer Michael Hayes and head RAW writer Brian Gewirtz are the two main creative powers within WWE behind Vince McMahon of course. It’s said to be a much more ‘relaxed’ atmosphere without Stephanie around according to sources.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #987 on: January 23, 2011, 07:36:37 PM »
Yeterday, TNA star Kurt Angle had to leave a TNA house show event in The UK as his fiancee Giovanna went into labor early and delivered the couple's first child prematurely.

Kurt Angle commented on the situation by posting the following on his Twitter account:
"To my fans, especially in Europe, sorry I had to pull from the tour. Giovanna, my fiance, had complications with her labor. I came home to be with her, and my beautiful new daughter Giuliana is doing fantastic. I will be staying at the hospital until Giovanna is able to leave. She won't be able to leave until the doctors clear her condition. Thank you for all your support... A big thank you to Dixie Carter and TNA for allowing me to come home to be with my family. God bless."

source: Twitter.com/Anglefoods1

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: January 23, 2011, 07:37:49 PM »
On Friday in Memphis, Tennessee, former WWF and WCW talent Sidney Eudy (Sid Vicious) was arrested after police pulled him over for driving without a seatbelt on. While pulled over, the officer noticed a bag containing 18 grams of marijuana sitting on an armrest of Eudy's car.

Sidney was charged with marijuana possession, driving without a license, and not wearing a seatbelt. He was released on $1,000 bond.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #989 on: January 23, 2011, 07:38:50 PM »
It has recently been reported that Bobby Lashley is expected to return to TNA Wrestling and take part in the re-debut of the Main Event Mafia, which is rumored to take place at the Impact show airing on February 3rd.

WrestleZone has learned this afternoon that Lashley is expected to wrestle on the February 5th Inoki Genome Federation card, and is scheduled to leave on the 2nd for the event.

According to sources, Lashley has spoken with TNA officials about a return to the company but no contracts have been signed at this point.

Lashley has also spoken to WWE about a possible return, however nothing has been confirmed on that end either. It should be noted that although Lashley is open to a wrestling return, he is not finished with MMA as he is currently working on signing a fight for sometime in March.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #990 on: January 23, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »
The Wrestling Observer is reporting that while nothing has been officially confirmed by WWE, William Regal has been talked about as playing the Al Snow role on the return of the "Tough Enough" reality series.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #991 on: January 23, 2011, 07:41:45 PM »
The following is a new article from Hindustantimes.com:

Khali mobbed, two fans injured in firing

The fan frenzy to meet World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) champion Khali took an ugly turn in Punjab's Ludhiana city when an unidentified man fired in the air, injuring two people, police said on Saturday. "Khali had gone to the house of Punjab Deputy Speaker Satpal Gosain for dinner Friday night.

While he was coming out of the house, a huge crowd of fans had gathered there to catch a glimpse of the star. The fans became restless in a bid to click photographs of Khali," police inspector Surinder Mohan said in Ludhiana, some 100 km from Chandigarh.

"In the melee, some unidentified person fired in the air. Splinters of the bullet hit two people, one sustained an injury in the shoulder while the other had minor bruises," he added.

Khali is also known as 'The Great Khali' among his fans. Born in Himachal Pradesh's Dhirana village, Khali's original name is Dalip Singh Rana. The wrestler has acted in a few Bollywood and Hollywood movies apart from participating in reality TV show "Bigg Boss".

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #992 on: January 24, 2011, 04:35:47 AM »
On Friday in Memphis, Tennessee, former WWF and WCW talent Sidney Eudy (Sid Vicious) was arrested after police pulled him over for driving without a seatbelt on. While pulled over, the officer noticed a bag containing 18 grams of marijuana sitting on an armrest of Eudy's car.

Sidney was charged with marijuana possession, driving without a license, and not wearing a seatbelt. He was released on $1,000 bond.

credit: wrestlezone.com
Lol...check out his mug shot. He's high as a kite.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #993 on: January 24, 2011, 04:44:42 AM »
Do you have a link?

I'm amazed at how huge the guy still is.
Sid and Warlord both are still enormous after all these years.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #994 on: January 24, 2011, 04:51:54 AM »
The face of a man who rules the world:

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #995 on: January 24, 2011, 05:16:10 AM »
The face of a man who rules the world:

haha, he should have busted out....."do you know who I am, boy?  I'm Sid T. Justice and you sound a lot taller on radio...."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #996 on: January 24, 2011, 05:38:58 AM »
Ha-ha...
Sid will never change.

At least he's not an asshole.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #997 on: January 24, 2011, 05:47:55 AM »
Ha-ha...
Sid will never change.

At least he's not an asshole.
Remember when he stabbed Arn Anderson in a Hotel Lounge 20 times with a pair of scissors? He is a legit nut job.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #998 on: January 24, 2011, 06:18:11 AM »
Remember when he stabbed Arn Anderson in a Hotel Lounge 20 times with a pair of scissors? He is a legit nut job.

The biggest thing that struck me odd about that was that neither of those two had a reputation for being violent troublemakers; at least not to the extent of the more notorious ones.
Sid had/has a rep for doing stupid shit like his most recent escapade, but I never heard too much about him starting "serious" shit.
Arn: I never heard much about Arn outside of his Horseman tenure, although I'll admit to not following him or his career all that closely.

BTW - I remember having a 1990 Arn Anderson action figure that actually had his trademark bald spot included. I don't think it was a mistake or rib because there was actually no hair sculpted on the crown of his head. Later figures had the spot painted to match the hair, although it was still a smooth spot; just painted over.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: January 24, 2011, 06:34:31 AM »

The biggest thing that struck me odd about that was that neither of those two had a reputation for being violent troublemakers; at least not to the extent of the more notorious ones.
Sid had/has a rep for doing stupid shit like his most recent escapade, but I never heard too much about him starting "serious" shit.
Arn: I never heard much about Arn outside of his Horseman tenure, although I'll admit to not following him or his career all that closely.

BTW - I remember having a 1990 Arn Anderson action figure that actually had his trademark bald spot included. I don't think it was a mistake or rib because there was actually no hair sculpted on the crown of his head. Later figures had the spot painted to match the hair, although it was still a smooth spot; just painted over.

Sid was always a loose cannon. That's why Vince gave him the name Psyco Sid the second time around in the WWE. He went after Brian Pillman with a squeegee of all things in a bar once because he lost it.