Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758667 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1000 on: January 24, 2011, 06:37:49 AM »
Sid was always a loose cannon. That's why Vince gave him the name Psyco Sid the second time around in the WWE. He went after Brian Pillman with a squeegee of all things in a bar once because he lost it.

That's right.
And, 150 lb. Randy Anderson was the one to confront him & talk some sense into him.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1001 on: January 24, 2011, 06:44:09 AM »

That's right.
And, 150 lb. Randy Anderson was the one to confront him & talk some sense into him.
Oh ya. Sid was a huge 6'10" roided up loose cannon. I seen him in a peeler joint back in 1997 after a show here and he litterally took up two urinals to piss because he was so fucking wide. Tall too, he had to duck under the doorway and he was hammered out of his mind.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1002 on: January 25, 2011, 08:53:17 AM »
looks like wwe is recycling again bringing in a batista lookalike,at least they didn't call him batsta like they did with the new improved razor ramon and diesel. and the worst ever when jimmy superfly snuka was gone  because of the a-town incident they brought in a look-alike and actually called him superfly till the people booed the gimmick down.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1003 on: January 25, 2011, 09:01:27 AM »
looks like wwe is recycling again bringing in a batista lookalike,at least they didn't call him batsta like they did with the new improved razor ramon and diesel. and the worst ever when jimmy superfly snuka was gone  because of the a-town incident they brought in a look-alike and actually called him superfly till the people booed the gimmick down.

Anybody know/remember who the stand-in was?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1004 on: January 26, 2011, 04:43:20 AM »

Anybody know/remember who the stand-in was?
He is British. I believe his name is Ryan Clark. He's a big boy.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1005 on: January 26, 2011, 04:52:41 AM »
He is British. I believe his name is Ryan Clark. He's a big boy.

Okay, thanks.
I'll have to search again.
Damned if I could find anything last night.

I still often wonder how Snuka got out of that Allentown, PA incident with the dead girlfriend.
She didn't die of natural causes, and he was the ONLY suspect!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1006 on: January 26, 2011, 05:00:17 AM »

Okay, thanks.
I'll have to search again.
Damned if I could find anything last night.

I still often wonder how Snuka got out of that Allentown, PA incident with the dead girlfriend.
She didn't die of natural causes, and he was the ONLY suspect!!
I know! His story was really shady too. I have often wondered that myself. Its almost like they took Snuka's word for what happened and said, "okay".

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1007 on: January 26, 2011, 05:01:01 AM »
A little HHH creative news....

Triple H was interviewed by Heavy Muscle Radio this morning. In the interview, he noted that he has almost nothing to do with the creative end of the company right now. That task is in the hands of Stephanie and Michael Hayes. He said that he is in the office most of the time learning the other aspects of the business and that he is not in writers’ meetings during the week. He then went onto mention that he has run TV shows but is involved minimally with creative at this time. He does attend the TV tapings and also said that he is more of a special attraction wrestler right now rather than a full time guy, but also that he is there if they need him.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1008 on: January 26, 2011, 12:00:07 PM »
I know! His story was really shady too. I have often wondered that myself. Its almost like they took Snuka's word for what happened and said, "okay".
if i'm not mistaken snuka bolted the country for  a good long time thus the replacement sylphie alfa not sure if that was his name though. the heat blew over and snuka came back. tony atlas's old girlfriend was in the room at the time when the girl died, according to tony atlas's book too much...... too soon.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1009 on: January 27, 2011, 04:40:23 AM »
The current planned main event for this years WM:

According to a person who spoke directly to Vince McMahon this past week, Wade Barrett vs. The Undertaker is currently penciled in as the main event for WrestleMania XXVII.

Barring a setback in recovery, it’s now considered a lock that The Undertaker will work WrestleMania since WWE announced him for AXXESS, which takes place the day before the pay-per-view event.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1010 on: January 28, 2011, 04:33:20 AM »
Former wrestler Ion Croitoru, who appeared on various World Wrestling Federation cards from 1986 to 1989 as Johnny K-9, was charged Monday with first degree murder in connection with the 2008 gangland execution of Jonathan Barber in Vancouver.

Croitoru is also famous for his history of legal problems. He was a member of a Satan's Choice, a biker gang who is affiliated with the Montreal Cosa Nostra Rizutto family, and has also been convicted of assault, trafficking cocaine and bombing a police station.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #1011 on: January 28, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
Former wrestler Ion Croitoru, who appeared on various World Wrestling Federation cards from 1986 to 1989 as Johnny K-9, was charged Monday with first degree murder in connection with the 2008 gangland execution of Jonathan Barber in Vancouver.

Croitoru is also famous for his history of legal problems. He was a member of a Satan's Choice, a biker gang who is affiliated with the Montreal Cosa Nostra Rizutto family, and has also been convicted of assault, trafficking cocaine and bombing a police station.

Wonder what his getbig handle is?  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1012 on: January 28, 2011, 10:37:56 AM »

Some say he shares the gh15 account.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1013 on: January 28, 2011, 10:39:38 AM »

Some say he shares the gh15 account.

;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1014 on: January 28, 2011, 11:05:07 AM »
We call it a "Croatch"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1015 on: January 28, 2011, 12:11:32 PM »
Some Royal Rumble news...

A few weeks back there were rumors that Booker T was in discussions with WWE about a possible return. To add fuel to that fire is the news that the six-time world champion has canceled his scheduled appearance at this weekend’s New Orleans Comic Con at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisiana.

Triple HHH is also expected as a surprise return at the rumble.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1016 on: January 28, 2011, 12:15:28 PM »
I'd love to see Booker back on TV.
Always liked his work, and I consider him a slightly underrated performer.

I hope he has one more good run before his career winds down.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1017 on: January 28, 2011, 12:20:42 PM »
I'd love to see Booker back on TV.
Always liked his work, and I consider him a slightly underrated performer.

I hope he has one more good run before his career winds down.
Me too. He was great as a half of Harlem Heat with his brother in WCW but when he separated he really started to blossom. Very hard worker and improved performer.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1018 on: February 01, 2011, 05:06:59 AM »
As noted earlier here on the website, there was much talk internally relating to the overwhelming crowd reaction both Kevin Nash and Booker T received Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. Booker was originally slated to return as a manager who wrestled and coached, but based on his performance last night, many feel he can “still go.” A few ideas have been discussed for him involving top tier WWE talent. He has signed a long-term contract with the organization. Nash is scheduled for no more than short-term run with WWE, but officials are open to using him as a trainer or coach. Wrestling, however, seems unlikely at this point.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1019 on: February 01, 2011, 06:20:29 AM »
As noted earlier here on the website, there was much talk internally relating to the overwhelming crowd reaction both Kevin Nash and Booker T received Sunday night at the Royal Rumble. Booker was originally slated to return as a manager who wrestled and coached, but based on his performance last night, many feel he can “still go.” A few ideas have been discussed for him involving top tier WWE talent. He has signed a long-term contract with the organization. Nash is scheduled for no more than short-term run with WWE, but officials are open to using him as a trainer or coach. Wrestling, however, seems unlikely at this point.

haha, what is Nash going to train someone to do?  The hair flip?  Booker T would be an asset.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1020 on: February 01, 2011, 06:54:12 AM »
haha, what is Nash going to train someone to do?  The hair flip?  Booker T would be an asset.
Lol...maybe how to book themselves to win....all the time...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1021 on: February 01, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
There's already so much great talent in the Federation going to waste. What on Earth could they possibly do with Booker T and Big Daddy Cool? Unless these guys are gonna work behind the scenes? These two guys are not going to better the show one bit. Big deal about their Rumble entrance pops.
That's exactly what they will be doing.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1022 on: February 02, 2011, 04:26:31 AM »
Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the SmackDown announce team at tonight’s SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York, replacing Matt Striker. The team now consists of the returning Superstar, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.

He performed the “Spin-a-Roonie” in the ring before joining his new colleagues at the announce desk.

As reported earlier, Booker T returned to World Wrestling Entertainment to announce as well as wrestle. His new role with the company is being compared to that of Jerry Lawler’s since he announces and wrestles.

Booker T, along with Kevin Nash, returned to WWE Sunday to participate in the 40-Man Royal Rumble Match. He entered the battle royal at number twenty-one and was ultimately eliminated by Mason Ryan.

The six-time world champion reportedly signed a long-term contract with the organization.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1023 on: February 02, 2011, 05:14:54 AM »
Booker T was introduced as the newest member of the SmackDown announce team at tonight’s SmackDown taping in Long Island, New York, replacing Matt Striker. The team now consists of the returning Superstar, Michael Cole and Josh Mathews.

He performed the “Spin-a-Roonie” in the ring before joining his new colleagues at the announce desk.

As reported earlier, Booker T returned to World Wrestling Entertainment to announce as well as wrestle. His new role with the company is being compared to that of Jerry Lawler’s since he announces and wrestles.

Booker T, along with Kevin Nash, returned to WWE Sunday to participate in the 40-Man Royal Rumble Match. He entered the battle royal at number twenty-one and was ultimately eliminated by Mason Ryan.

The six-time world champion reportedly signed a long-term contract with the organization.

That's great.
I love watching Booker work.
He's from the generation that knew how.

And, wrestling part-time should give his body plenty of recovery/healing time, thus increasing his longevity!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1024 on: February 02, 2011, 07:06:11 AM »
That's great.
I love watching Booker work.
He's from the generation that knew how.

And, wrestling part-time should give his body plenty of recovery/healing time, thus increasing his longevity!
Que me in if you hear anything on the Sting situation....Because WM is in Atlanta this year, WWE is trying really hard to sign him just to shove it in TNA's face as its on their turf. He has not yet signed with TNA and rumours are greatly circulating that he could possibly sign.