Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758680 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1025 on: February 02, 2011, 07:12:39 AM »
If VKM signs Sting, wonder if he will make him shave his hair into a flat-top again, and wear day-glow pastel spandex?  Yelling "Owwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! "   ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1026 on: February 02, 2011, 07:30:48 AM »
If VKM signs Sting, wonder if he will make him shave his hair into a flat-top again, and wear day-glow pastel spandex?  Yelling "Owwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! "   ;D
I can't see that happening. Lol........

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1027 on: February 02, 2011, 07:45:26 AM »
I can't see that happening. Lol........

That would be sooooo funny...... maybe reunite the "Bladerunners" with UW?  LOL.......

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1028 on: February 02, 2011, 07:59:53 AM »

You forgot the original, big-ass Oakley M-frames.
 ;)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1029 on: February 02, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »

You forgot the original, big-ass Oakley M-frames.
 ;)

haha, LOL..... man I hated him during that time.  We Horseman fans just wanted to see him get smoked.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1030 on: February 02, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »
haha, LOL..... man I hated him during that time.  We Horseman fans just wanted to see him get smoked.

Did you also like that little "tail" he had in the back with the flattop?

I'll bet that made you angry.
 ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1031 on: February 02, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »

Did you also like that little "tail" he had in the back with the flattop?

I'll bet that made you angry.
 ;D

haha, stupid "rat tail...."  Always hated him "hulking up" during matches too....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1032 on: February 02, 2011, 09:47:05 AM »
haha, stupid "rat tail...."  Always hated him "hulking up" during matches too....
He had a good run with Flair. I remember some of Flair / Sting matches where gold.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1033 on: February 02, 2011, 09:49:33 AM »
He had a good run with Flair. I remember some of Flair / Sting matches where gold.

They really did.  I still remember the Clash of Champions match that really made Sting.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1034 on: February 02, 2011, 09:57:24 AM »
They really did.  I still remember the Clash of Champions match that really made Sting.
And according to all powers that be, Sting was a great worker and on top of it a really nice person. Unlike the other half of the Blade Runners.....

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1035 on: February 02, 2011, 11:29:04 AM »
And according to all powers that be, Sting was a great worker and on top of it a really nice person. Unlike the other half of the Blade Runners.....

I think Sting really appreciated what all the top heels did for him.  He always reminded me of Magnum TA in that way

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1036 on: February 02, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »
I think Sting really appreciated what all the top heels did for him.  He always reminded me of Magnum TA in that way
He had a good run with Flair, Vader, Luger, Cactus Jack, Terry Funk and a few others in his WCW days. Not one person ever had anything bad to say about him. Flair said he was a good family man and always attended church and did charity work.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1037 on: February 02, 2011, 11:46:02 AM »
He had a good run with Flair, Vader, Luger, Cactus Jack, Terry Funk and a few others in his WCW days. Not one person ever had anything bad to say about him. Flair said he was a good family man and always attended church and did charity work.

He's a great example of why the "wrestling business will change you" is a load of crap.  I think getting the money, fame, etc... just magnifies who you really are deep down.  True of all people who gain fame and wealth.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1038 on: February 02, 2011, 11:57:15 AM »
He's a great example of why the "wrestling business will change you" is a load of crap.  I think getting the money, fame, etc... just magnifies who you really are deep down.  True of all people who gain fame and wealth.
Exactly. WHen has anyone ever heard of Sting popping somas like Candy? Or popping pain pills gallore? Or parting like a 19 year old? NEVER.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1039 on: February 02, 2011, 01:01:26 PM »
That's great.
I love watching Booker work.
He's from the generation that knew how.

And, wrestling part-time should give his body plenty of recovery/healing time, thus increasing his longevity!
work yes announce no.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1040 on: February 02, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
work yes announce no.
He'll be better than that annoying Matt Striker or worse yet Michael Cole.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1041 on: February 02, 2011, 04:46:12 PM »
George "The Animal" Steele, in character, would be better than Striker/Cole.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1042 on: February 03, 2011, 04:41:38 AM »
When Flair came to the Federation it changed my life. Finally Hogan/Flair. Yes Timmy is excited Sting is coming. It's a day late and a dollar short. Who's he gonna go against? HBK and HHH are out. From what all you guys say Undertaker is in really bad shape? Who's he gonna go against Cena? Cena will slam dunk him.

Right before I die. This is one of the days that will flash before my eyes. I'll never forget it.
Too bad he was well passed his prime by that point.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1043 on: February 03, 2011, 05:46:45 AM »
"Sawyer was wrestling on the independent circuit when he died from heart failure due to an overdose on February 7, 1992. Fellow wrestler Billy Jack Haynes contended that his death was a well planned hit because they were both part time drug smugglers in the Pacific Northwest around the same time." from wikipedia...

I'm putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread about it.  Does anyone have anything further on that?  Also, wasn't Gino Hernandez offed by some "bad guys" in Texas back in the day?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1044 on: February 03, 2011, 06:18:38 AM »
"Sawyer was wrestling on the independent circuit when he died from heart failure due to an overdose on February 7, 1992. Fellow wrestler Billy Jack Haynes contended that his death was a well planned hit because they were both part time drug smugglers in the Pacific Northwest around the same time." from wikipedia...

I'm putting this here because I didn't want to start another thread about it.  Does anyone have anything further on that?  Also, wasn't Gino Hernandez offed by some "bad guys" in Texas back in the day?

And they'll blame steroids. Not the umpteen dozen pain pills, pot, somas, crystal meth and alcohol.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1045 on: February 03, 2011, 06:27:36 AM »
And they'll blame steroids. Not the umpteen dozen pain pills, pot, somas, crystal meth and alcohol.

True, and I doubt Sawyer was even juicing at this point.  I think he was when he first broke in back around 80.  He wrestled at 186 in HS, and I think he was a legit 230 at his biggest.  But after his run in GA, his body went WAY downhill.  Too many rec drugs were surely his demise.  I had never heard of the "drug runner" thing, but with BJH, who the hell knows....guy is batshit crazy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1046 on: February 03, 2011, 06:34:12 AM »
True, and I doubt Sawyer was even juicing at this point.  I think he was when he first broke in back around 80.  He wrestled at 186 in HS, and I think he was a legit 230 at his biggest.  But after his run in GA, his body went WAY downhill.  Too many rec drugs were surely his demise.  I had never heard of the "drug runner" thing, but with BJH, who the hell knows....guy is batshit crazy.
I'm sure he wasn't juicing but pain killer, soma and alcohol abuse isn't "sexy" to the media. I blame rec drugs mixed with pain meds and alcohol for 99.9% of the wrestling deaths. The rest were suicide.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1047 on: February 03, 2011, 06:39:50 AM »
I'm sure he wasn't juicing but pain killer, soma and alcohol abuse isn't "sexy" to the media. I blame rec drugs mixed with pain meds and alcohol for 99.9% of the wrestling deaths. The rest were suicide.

I agree.  What is crazy is that 10-15 yrs ago the "party" stories are what the fans and media wanted.  I think the steroid crap is SOOOO overblown in sports.  Honestly to the avg person on the street they would overlook weed, booze, hell even coke.....but would think juice is the spawn of Satan.....idiots.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1048 on: February 03, 2011, 06:43:16 AM »
I agree.  What is crazy is that 10-15 yrs ago the "party" stories are what the fans and media wanted.  I think the steroid crap is SOOOO overblown in sports.  Honestly to the avg person on the street they would overlook weed, booze, hell even coke.....but would think juice is the spawn of Satan.....idiots.
And that is exactly what it is. Its not "sexy" to the media as "steroids" are. The average people out there are stupid because they believe in all the media hype. If you told the general public that sitting on wooden chairs was "bad" then eveyone would toss their wooden chairs in the trash. Its ridiculous.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1049 on: February 03, 2011, 06:46:17 AM »
And that is exactly what it is. Its not "sexy" to the media as "steroids" are. The average people out there are stupid because they believe in all the media hype. If you told the general public that sitting on wooden chairs was "bad" then everyone would toss their wooden chairs in the trash. Its ridiculous.

haha, true.  You see it everyday with some new "study" that reveals something that contradicts all the other "studies" on the topic and people just follow it around like a dog on a leash.  Eggs bad.....eggs good......coffee bad.....coffee good.....etc, etc....