Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758668 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1050 on: February 03, 2011, 08:16:02 AM »
haha, true.  You see it everyday with some new "study" that reveals something that contradicts all the other "studies" on the topic and people just follow it around like a dog on a leash.  Eggs bad.....eggs good......coffee bad.....coffee good.....etc, etc....
Just like baseball. They made a big stink about steroid use in baseball as if its not being used in the NBA, NHL, Olympics, Boxing, MMA, etc. But they fail to mention the amounts of booze these guys drink after the games at the local bars, they fail to mention how many of them are on coke and speed and how many of them burn a fattie in their hotels. All of which are ten times more harmful to the liver and kidneys and its been proven a thousand times over.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1051 on: February 03, 2011, 11:34:58 AM »
George "The Animal" Steele, in character, would be better than Striker/Cole.
the great khali will be next, i like how the first two words he ever uttered several times in fact were  F$%K you. funny how those are the first words a foreigner learns when he comes to the us of a.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1052 on: February 03, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »
the great khali will be next, i like how the first two words he ever uttered several times in fact were  F$%K you. funny how those are the first words a foreigner learns when he comes to the us of a.
Lol...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1053 on: February 03, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »
Hey, in regards to a couple of posts from a few pages back...
Was Koko Samoa the guy to play "Superfly" while the real Snuka was tending to legal matters?

FF to about 5:00 and take a look:

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1054 on: February 04, 2011, 04:47:46 AM »
Alberto Del Rio’s meteoric rise to a World Title Match at WrestleMania XXVII is a story that almost didn’t happen.

According to sources within Florida Championship Wrestling, he indicated to WWE officials approximately a year ago that he was not pleased with being situated in the developmental promotion (which had reached several months by that point) and would be quitting the promotion to return to Mexico where he could earn a higher salary. When he signed a contract with WWE in June 2009, he was assured that he wouldn’t stay in developmental for long. Officials tried to pacify him by allowing him to work live events with the main roster, and in part due to discussions at the time of his uncle, Mil Mascaras, being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. His performances caught the eye of top officials and he was ultimately called up to the main roster in June.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #1055 on: February 04, 2011, 05:05:42 AM »
Was Koko Samoa the guy to play "Superfly" while the real Snuka was tending to legal matters?

Wow, talk about a blast from the past.  I know Samoa was up there a bit in age by that point.  He was a jobber in the mid-atlantic for quite a few years.  I thought the wrestler who stepped in for Snuka and fueded with Piper was The Tonga Kid who would later become Haku.  But I wasn't following the WWF very closely at the time.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1056 on: February 04, 2011, 08:48:41 AM »

could be the guy but he went by a different name right after the fans booed the superfly name off him. wasn't the tonga kid though.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1057 on: February 04, 2011, 09:01:16 AM »

finally found it montague, guys name was siva afi profile along with many others can be found at onlineworldofwrestling.c om, great site.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1058 on: February 04, 2011, 09:07:09 AM »
here's pic of siva afi
F

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1059 on: February 04, 2011, 09:23:23 AM »
here's pic of siva afi
I vaguely remember him now.  I was confused Tonga Kid fueding with Piper.  I don't remember the "replacement" angle, as I didn't follow the WWF as closely.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1060 on: February 04, 2011, 10:18:24 AM »
finally found it montague, guys name was siva afi profile along with many others can be found at onlineworldofwrestling.c om, great site.

Yeah, that's him!!
Funk, I'm nominating you for mod on the History Board.

I was just a little kid then, and I honestly didn't know that wasn't Snuka.
I just remember that Superfly came back, but wasn't around for long.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1061 on: February 04, 2011, 10:28:26 AM »

Yeah, that's him!!
Funk, I'm nominating you for mod on the History Board.

I was just a little kid then, and I honestly didn't know that wasn't Snuka.
I just remember that Superfly came back, but wasn't around for long.

Lol...Sivi Afi...often 6-man tagged with the Islanders (Haku & Tama aka...The Tonga Kid)
Afi was a regular jobber backin the day.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1062 on: February 04, 2011, 10:35:19 AM »
I wonder if fans booed him because he was an obvious imposter, or did they buy it, but despised "Snuka" for the Allentown incident?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1063 on: February 04, 2011, 10:48:59 AM »
I wonder if fans booed him because he was an obvious imposter, or did they buy it, but despised "Snuka" for the Allentown incident?

I'd say the former.  Most fans in those days wouldn't have had a clue about the Allentown deal.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1064 on: February 05, 2011, 12:17:21 PM »
i think they booed him because he was an imposter, like an insult to your intelligence. they didn't make that big a deal about the murder/ death. it  blew over pretty quickly with superfly leaving the area. i actually live 17 miles from where it happened, place is gone now ;a home depot sits on the site. according to tony atlas's book superfly flipped out because he couldn't score any drugs and he was in the mood to party?
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1065 on: February 07, 2011, 07:18:08 AM »
i think they booed him because he was an imposter, like an insult to your intelligence. they didn't make that big a deal about the murder/ death. it  blew over pretty quickly with superfly leaving the area. i actually live 17 miles from where it happened, place is gone now ;a home depot sits on the site. according to tony atlas's book superfly flipped out because he couldn't score any drugs and he was in the mood to party?
Lol...

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1066 on: February 09, 2011, 05:12:28 AM »
Some good tidbits here:

Vince McMahon apparently wasn’t in a good mood at last night’s RAW. According to sources, McMahon was upset about the reaction he got during the opening segment of RAW. He felt the crowd was quiet for his return announcement and that the ‘dead crowd’ continued for most of the night. McMahon was also upset with the R-Truth debacle. The idea was to get Mason Ryan over as a massive heel and R-Truth’s mistake took away from that. The crowd turned on R-Truth which obviously was not what WWE wanted. It should be noted that just about everyone besides Vince got a good laugh out of the mistake and the crowd chants that took place after it.

– Second-generation talent Richie Steamboat is getting rave reviews out of FCW. The only issues seems to be his ‘look’ but there are talks of bringing him up to the main roster within the next few months. We’ll see shortly.

– Greg Gagne’s daughter Gail appeared before a judge in Hennepin Country on charges of having sex with a former football star at a high school she taught at when she was 25 and he was 16. A deal was set that if he declared her guilty, she would not receive jail time. The judge dropped a count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct and a felony was reduced to a gross misdemeanor. She got two years probation and can have no contact with the student.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1067 on: February 09, 2011, 05:19:16 AM »
Some good tidbits here:

Vince McMahon apparently wasn’t in a good mood at last night’s RAW. According to sources, McMahon was upset about the reaction he got during the opening segment of RAW. He felt the crowd was quiet for his return announcement and that the ‘dead crowd’ continued for most of the night. McMahon was also upset with the R-Truth debacle. The idea was to get Mason Ryan over as a massive heel and R-Truth’s mistake took away from that. The crowd turned on R-Truth which obviously was not what WWE wanted. It should be noted that just about everyone besides Vince got a good laugh out of the mistake and the crowd chants that took place after it.

– Second-generation talent Richie Steamboat is getting rave reviews out of FCW. The only issues seems to be his ‘look’ but there are talks of bringing him up to the main roster within the next few months. We’ll see shortly.

– Greg Gagne’s daughter Gail appeared before a judge in Hennepin Country on charges of having sex with a former football star at a high school she taught at when she was 25 and he was 16. A deal was set that if he declared her guilty, she would not receive jail time. The judge dropped a count of third-degree criminal sexual conduct and a felony was reduced to a gross misdemeanor. She got two years probation and can have no contact with the student.

Anytime VKM is upset, it makes me smile.... ;D

I saw some indie stuff w/Steamboat and don't understand the "look" thing....he was kinda small, but that was a few years ago.

Gagnes are a strange family to say the least.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1068 on: February 09, 2011, 05:56:21 AM »
– Greg Gagne’s daughter Gail appeared before a judge in Hennepin Country on charges of having sex with a former football star at a high school she taught at when she was 25 and he was 16. A deal was set that if he declared her guilty, she would not receive jail time.

This kind of shit pisses me off.
Where the hell were all of these hot 25 y.o. teachers when we were in H.S.?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1069 on: February 09, 2011, 06:05:11 AM »
I saw some indie stuff w/Steamboat and don't understand the "look" thing....he was kinda small, but that was a few years ago.

They could do some stuff with that kid.
Imagine a "worked-shoot" program showing Vince talking to the kid backstage explaining how his Dad was one of the greatest workers in the business, and that they gave him a prime opportunity...and then he left to spend time with his "new born son."

Then, Vince claims he's going to pass the torch of Steamboat's legacy to Richie - which gets the kid all excited, but instead, as punishment to both Ricky and the kid, they send Richie out in Ricky's tacky dragon costume from '91 to humiliate both father & son.

Then, they could bring Ricky back to work part of the program on-air; maybe even get him to arm drag the old man once or twice.
I would totally mark out!
 :)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1070 on: February 09, 2011, 07:40:35 AM »

This kind of shit pisses me off.
Where the hell were all of these hot 25 y.o. teachers when we were in H.S.?

I was thinking the same thing!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1071 on: February 10, 2011, 05:11:09 AM »
Triple H news:

Triple H is tapped to return to the squared circle within the next few weeks and considered a lock for WrestleMania XXVII.

His return is being delayed now because creative has no plans for him to win an Elimination Chamber Match and thus felt there was no point in bringing him back.

Regarding his behind the scenes role as Vince McMahon’s Senior Advisor, he has been diligently studying all aspects of World Wrestling Entertainment’s business operations. He’s received much praise for his dedication to learn.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #1072 on: February 10, 2011, 08:28:48 AM »
Gotta give it to Triple HHH. Sure, it may have been a calculated decision to start up a relationship with the boss' daughter.

But I'm sure the old man gave it his full endorsement because Triple HHH eats, shits, and breathes wrestling.

That movie he's coming out with looks fuckin horrid.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1073 on: February 11, 2011, 05:29:56 AM »
Gotta give it to Triple HHH. Sure, it may have been a calculated decision to start up a relationship with the boss' daughter.

But I'm sure the old man gave it his full endorsement because Triple HHH eats, shits, and breathes wrestling.

That movie he's coming out with looks fuckin horrid.
Either way, Triple H was always for the business and was already big and making a million dollars per year prior to Stefanie. The relationship just helped.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1074 on: February 11, 2011, 06:35:52 AM »
I agree with you guys.
No matter how good & successful HHH was prior to becoming "Mr. Stephanie McMahon," detractors will always dismiss the union as "the only reason" he made it.
 ::)

Yeah, it only helped, but he was a top guy WELL BEFORE THAT!!!
People who don't realize that are either too stupid to get it, or refuse to accept it for whatever reason(s).