Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758674 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1100 on: February 24, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
You guys are complaining about $3.15 a gallon on gas?!  It's £5.90 over here, which is nearly $10!!!    :-X

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1101 on: February 24, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »
My full-size pickup has a 5.3 liter Vortec engine.
It's my only vehicle since I sold my Camaro a few years back.

The Camaro got substantially better mileage!
Had I seen this oil shit coming, I may have kept the damn thing.
I still miss that car.
 :'(

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1102 on: February 25, 2011, 04:57:51 AM »
You guys are complaining about $3.15 a gallon on gas?!  It's £5.90 over here, which is nearly $10!!!    :-X
Which is just ridiculous. It shouldn't cost no more than 40 bucks to fill a tank on an average V6 engine. The gas prices are a classic ripoff and a clever way for the governments to extract money from the unsuspecting general public who complain but still pay at the pumps.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #1103 on: February 25, 2011, 05:13:14 AM »

But you guys have very clean and very safe public transportation for your commutes.  Most of us don't and combine that with probably having to drive at least 30 minutes to work and how spread out our countries are....it adds up very quickly.  I loved catching the trains in europe.....safe, reliable and I could start drinking on the way to and coming back from events.....  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1104 on: February 25, 2011, 06:23:46 AM »
But you guys have very clean and very safe public transportation for your commutes.  Most of us don't and combine that with probably having to drive at least 30 minutes to work and how spread out our countries are....it adds up very quickly.  I loved catching the trains in europe.....safe, reliable and I could start drinking on the way to and coming back from events.....  ;D
Love the European train system. All you gotta do is get loaded, enjoy the view and mingle with the ladies.  :)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1105 on: February 25, 2011, 06:35:13 AM »
Love the European train system. All you gotta do is get loaded, enjoy the view and mingle with the ladies.  :)

Absolutely.  When I went to concerts, it was just a huge party on the train as virtually everybody was going to the same destination.  Same thing with the Oktoberfest...  the party just continued after you left.  and in Germany they had these street cars, stross (sp?) that you could catch at the train station and go anywhere you wanted. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1106 on: February 25, 2011, 07:16:12 AM »
Absolutely.  When I went to concerts, it was just a huge party on the train as virtually everybody was going to the same destination.  Same thing with the Oktoberfest...  the party just continued after you left.  and in Germany they had these street cars, stross (sp?) that you could catch at the train station and go anywhere you wanted. 
And there were women everywhere! At least in Italy, Germany and Austria there were.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1107 on: February 25, 2011, 07:19:07 AM »
And there were women everywhere! At least in Italy, Germany and Austria there were.

No doubt.  I was there for close to 3 yrs and got a chance to visit pretty much every country in europe..... it was a great time !!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1108 on: February 25, 2011, 07:21:47 AM »
No doubt.  I was there for close to 3 yrs and got a chance to visit pretty much every country in europe..... it was a great time !!!
I took a tour train from Italy, to Austria and then Germany. All I saw on the train were people just having a great time, no stress and the women were just everywhere. So i was pulling the old..."Oh yes, I come from Canada, etc....next thing you know you have a hot german fruline on your lap.  ;D Living it up like the Nature Boy! Whoaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1109 on: February 25, 2011, 07:32:46 AM »
I took a tour train from Italy, to Austria and then Germany. All I saw on the train were people just having a great time, no stress and the women were just everywhere. So i was pulling the old..."Oh yes, I come from Canada, etc....next thing you know you have a hot german fruline on your lap.  ;D Living it up like the Nature Boy! Whoaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, yes !!!  When I was there, there was no backlash against the US at that time, it was mid 90's.... and especially in out of the way places you were kind of a celebrity.  We would venture out to small towns and then just hit up a beer garden or restaurant.  And I always felt safe on the trains.....never once worrying about mugging or a robbery....I wouldn't dream of doing that in the US.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1110 on: February 25, 2011, 07:41:38 AM »
haha, yes !!!  When I was there, there was no backlash against the US at that time, it was mid 90's.... and especially in out of the way places you were kind of a celebrity.  We would venture out to small towns and then just hit up a beer garden or restaurant.  And I always felt safe on the trains.....never once worrying about mugging or a robbery....I wouldn't dream of doing that in the US.
I was there in the late mid ninties on the trip with two of my buddies. Man did we have fun. Mind you, I always watched my walet.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1111 on: February 25, 2011, 08:49:30 AM »
I was there in the late mid ninties on the trip with two of my buddies. Man did we have fun. Mind you, I always watched my walet.

Oh yeah, I still carry my wallet in my front pocket from the old military days, as we went to some very undesirable areas.....on occasion....  ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1112 on: February 25, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »
Re: Sheamus

One of the reasons for WWE curtailing the push of Sheamus in recent weeks is because Kevin Dunn, the organization’s Executive Vice President of Television Production, is not a fan of his.

Several months ago on an episode of Monday Night RAW, Sheamus was booked to cower away in fear from The Nexus. This reportedly led Dunn to brainstorm the “King Sheamus” persona, including outfit, as means to mock him.

It’s been noted over the years that behind Vince McMahon, Dunn has the biggest say in the company’s creative direction. If this it true...its sad.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1113 on: February 25, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
SIN CARA SIGNS WITH WWE

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high flying style and awe inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1114 on: February 25, 2011, 10:33:21 AM »
SIN CARA SIGNS WITH WWE

STAMFORD, Conn. – WWE today unveiled their latest Superstar signing, Sin Cara, formerly known worldwide as Mistico. The announcement took place today during a press conference in his hometown Mexico City, where passionate fans of all ages turned out to see their favorite performer become the newest addition to the WWE roster.

Having already forged a strong international fan following, Sin Cara, known for his high flying style and awe inspiring acrobatics, is expected to reach new heights of global success with WWE.

“Sin Cara is a tremendous performer who brings the crowd to its feet every time he steps into the ring,” said Stephanie McMahon, Executive Vice President, WWE. “With us, his stardom will only get bigger and brighter.”

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world.”

checked him out on youtube guy should be a great addition.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1115 on: February 25, 2011, 06:04:28 PM »
F4WOnline.com is reporting that, while the verbal exchanges between The Rock and John Cena are expected to continue in the weeks leading up to WrestleMania, there are currently no plans to have them wrestle a match against each other at the big PPV.
While the door remains open for them to have a match together some time down the line, possibly at WrestleMania next year, the plan as of now is to have The Rock involve himself physically at WrestleMania without actually wrestling a match.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1116 on: February 25, 2011, 06:28:54 PM »
But you guys have very clean and very safe public transportation for your commutes.

You've never been on the Tube in London then! 

I suppose every country's pro's and con's balance out eventually, but when about 85% of the fuel price is tax, it's taking the piss.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #1117 on: February 25, 2011, 06:31:58 PM »
You've never been on the Tube in London then! 

I suppose every country's pro's and con's balance out eventually, but when about 85% of the fuel price is tax, it's taking the piss.

haha, I've been on the tube many times......and if you think its bad, don't EVER attempt to use US public transportation.... ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1118 on: February 26, 2011, 07:53:38 AM »
SIN CARA SIGNS WITH WWE

Upon his signing, Sin Cara said, “WWE is the pinnacle of sports-entertainment. It is an honor and a thrill for me to be able to perform with the world’s best. Being a WWE Superstar will present new challenges, new mountains to climb and new competition. It is a new beginning and a new life. With that in mind, I have chosen Vince has given me the new name of Sin Cara in hopes to represent all the legendary Mexican masked performers and to carry the banner of their legacy to the entire world to exercise his newly acquired ownership of me, my name, and likeness - especially since he would never allow me to work in his promotion as the legend that I already am.”

;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1119 on: February 27, 2011, 08:00:47 PM »
Hulk Bollea is headed to court again...
This time, he's suing a car dealership for character infringement.

Hogan is suing Southland Imports and Suntrup Automotive Group over a commercial that allegedly violates Hulkster's likeness and implies an endorsement by imitating his voice and using his catch phrases, including heavy use of "brother" to refer to one's acquaintances, pointing to one's own muscles and referring to them as "guns," and referencing fans as "Hulkamaniacs."

That last one will likely seal the deal.

credit: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/thr-esq/hulk-hogan-sues-car-dealership-161094

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1120 on: February 27, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »
Avid baseball fan Randy Savage was supposedly spotted at a New York Mets spring training game vs the Atlanta Braves.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1121 on: February 27, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
AmericanAirlinesCenter.com is adverstising Stone Cold Steve Austin for the March 7th WWE Raw show in Dallas, TX.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1122 on: February 28, 2011, 04:54:33 AM »
As everyone knows by now, The Undertaker made his return on RAW last week to set up his match with Triple H at WrestleMania 27. We’ve learned that he will not be working a full-time schedule in the coming months. WWE is headed back overseas for another European tour shortly after WrestleMania and ‘Taker is not advertised. He’s not expected to work United States WWE live events either.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1123 on: February 28, 2011, 06:13:28 AM »
As everyone knows by now, The Undertaker made his return on RAW last week to set up his match with Triple H at WrestleMania 27. We’ve learned that he will not be working a full-time schedule in the coming months. WWE is headed back overseas for another European tour shortly after WrestleMania and ‘Taker is not advertised. He’s not expected to work United States WWE live events either.

Remember when Vince started hitting the foreign market harder the last time his domestic ratings were weak (early 90's)?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1124 on: February 28, 2011, 06:52:12 AM »

Remember when Vince started hitting the foreign market harder the last time his domestic ratings were weak (early 90's)?
I certainly do....and thats why he just got a network deal to air shows in Brazil.