Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758682 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1150 on: March 17, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
Chris Jericho's twitter-

Former WWE Superstar Jinsei Shinzaki (Hakushi) is livin in his car after his home and restaraunt were destroyed by the earthquake & tsunami

That's sad...although, honestly, he's lucky to have even that left after what happened.
Many folks are simply lucky to be alive.

I felt like an asshole yesterday for getting pissed off over something stupid/trivial.
Thinking about what happened in Japan - plus, what COULD YET HAPPEN - really puts things into perspective.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1151 on: March 17, 2011, 06:12:27 PM »
Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter:
"Happy to say that I'll be making my triumphant return to the WWE tomorrow night...."

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1152 on: March 17, 2011, 06:58:32 PM »
Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter:
"Happy to say that I'll be making my triumphant return to the WWE tomorrow night...."

Jericho is a troll lol

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1153 on: March 17, 2011, 07:15:57 PM »
Jericho is a troll lol

Ha-ha...
Two weeks ago, he was denying that his "big announcement" was that he would appear on Dancing With the Stars.

Regardless, I am - and will forever be - a Jericho-holic.
 ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1154 on: March 17, 2011, 08:20:07 PM »

Ha-ha...
Two weeks ago, he was denying that his "big announcement" was that he would appear on Dancing With the Stars.

Regardless, I am - and will forever be - a Jericho-holic.
 ;D

one of the best ever...you read any of his books?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1155 on: March 17, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »
one of the best ever...you read any of his books?

No, how many does he have?
I'm interested in reading his recent autobiography - particularly his memoirs of Benoit.

I've always believed Jericho to be a pretty intelligent and articulate guy.
He also strikes me as one of the most stable, although I still remember the meltdown he posted on his site years ago; the one in which he slammed wrestling fans and swore he would never again interact in any way with or through his site.
Anyway, he came back a short time later and more or less apologized for his rant, once again embracing the fans & marks. :)

The guy I'd like most to read more about is Lance Storm.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1156 on: March 18, 2011, 04:44:09 AM »

No, how many does he have?
I'm interested in reading his recent autobiography - particularly his memoirs of Benoit.

I've always believed Jericho to be a pretty intelligent and articulate guy.
He also strikes me as one of the most stable, although I still remember the meltdown he posted on his site years ago; the one in which he slammed wrestling fans and swore he would never again interact in any way with or through his site.
Anyway, he came back a short time later and more or less apologized for his rant, once again embracing the fans & marks. :)

The guy I'd like most to read more about is Lance Storm.
Jericho is like Roddy Piper. He wrestles for a couple of years and then takes a break for a year. Then he returns like he never left with the same heat. Its worked so far because neither one of them suffered a major injury. Jericho is smart, he does other things outside of wrestling.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1157 on: March 18, 2011, 05:08:17 AM »
Jericho is like Roddy Piper. He wrestles for a couple of years and then takes a break for a year. Then he returns like he never left with the same heat. Its worked so far because neither one of them suffered a major injury. Jericho is smart, he does other things outside of wrestling.

I think it's a great strategy.
It gives his face, body, and head a much needed break, which keeps everything fresh.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1158 on: March 18, 2011, 06:37:27 AM »

I think it's a great strategy.
It gives his face, body, and head a much needed break, which keeps everything fresh.

Absolutely. You don't get banged up nearly as much. Look at the other stars like HHH, Undertaker, Mysterio and even Edge. All these years, no breaks...they are walking time bombs and ONE major injury away from permanent retirement.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1159 on: March 18, 2011, 06:31:11 PM »
WWE is partnering with GLAAD (the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation) after the organization received a number of complaints about some comments that John Cena made towards The Rock that many WWE viewers saw as anti-gay.

GLAAD issued the following statement this week:

WWE Partners with GLAAD on Anti-Bullying Messages

World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) will be working with GLAAD to create and promote an anti-bullying initiative aimed at their core audience, and has invited us to conduct trainings for their staff of writers and editors.

Our outreach to WWE was prompted by outrage from many LGBT viewers, about a series of homophobic taunts by wrestler John Cena on the USA program WWE Raw in late February. We reached out to WWE Incorporated, which responded swiftly and positively.

GLAAD was first made aware of the incidents by several of its members following the February 21 broadcast of WWE Raw, which featured wrestler John Cena responding to taunts made by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson with a rap song making fun of Johnson’s film roles. The song included lyrics like “You left us high and dry to play a fairy with a tooth?” and “He wore lipstick in Get Shorty, and rocked a skirt for The Game Plan.”

But the real kicker came near the end when he said: "Just don’t go racing to Witch Mountain, Rock, cause your mountain is Brokeback."

The next incident occurred on the show a week later (Feb. 28), when Cena was challenging another wrestler known as “The Miz” while in the ring with him, and had the crowd roaring when he joked about the Miz and his wrestling partner secretly being a couple. It began with Cena saying “Do you really want to look back years from now and realize you shared your legacy with another man?! ….Wait don’t answer that.” Cena continued:

“Now The Miz and Alex Riley are co-champions and to celebrate it they’re going to move in together. They’re going to buy one of those tandem bikes and ride to bed bath and beyond to buy some duvets. And every evening they’re going to relax with a glass of warm piot noir and watch The Notebook, or reruns of last season’s Bachelor. ……….You want to be a mentor and train him? Well, tonight I’m going to train you on how to be a man.”

The incidents were particularly troubling because WWE recently began promoting itself as PG-rated entertainment marketed primarily towards adolescent males. Young boys are of course the demographic most likely to experience homophobic bullying or to be bullying themselves. And there was wrestling superstar John Cena performing what amounted to scripted homophobic bullying of other wrestlers on a nationally broadcast show for kids.

GLAAD contacted WWE executives and explained the problem after receiving our first reports. They then spoke to John Cena and the show’s writers. We have been assured that not only will such incidents not happen again, WWE intends to reach out to their adolescent audience, with messages aimed making it clear that bullying someone with homophobic taunts or for their perceived sexual orientation is wrong. WWE released the following apology statement to that effect:

"WWE takes this issue very seriously, and has already spoken with our talent about these incidents. We are taking steps and working with GLAAD to ensure that our fans know that WWE is against bullying or discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation. We strongly value our fans in the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community, and apologize to them for these incidents."

We are very much looking forward to developing our relationship with WWE, and we thank them both for hearing our message loud and clear, and for planning to send an anti-bullying message of their own.
________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______________
 ::)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1160 on: March 18, 2011, 06:47:20 PM »
Dear GLADD,

It's only make-believe.

Regards,
Monty

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1161 on: March 18, 2011, 07:00:54 PM »
Dear GLADD,

It's only make-believe.

Regards,
Monty

"Bullying" is the topic of the month so of course WWE is going to cave in to them. Just more pc crap that is par for the course nowadays.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #1162 on: March 18, 2011, 07:06:20 PM »
Pat Patterson is going to be pissed if GLAAD interferes with his office romances.....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1163 on: March 18, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »
Pat Patterson is going to be pissed if GLAAD interferes with his office romances.....
LMAO..I'm re-reading Bret's book and I crack up every time he talks about a fight between the guys, Pat becomes hysterical and runs out of the room screaming.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1164 on: March 19, 2011, 06:46:32 AM »
- While this isn't confirmed at all, there's a rumor that WWE Velocity will be returning on Wednesday nights at 8pm EST, beginning May 11th on MyNetworkTV. Take it for what it's worth for now.

Lordsofpain

Also, WGN has canceled Superstars...last show is in April

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1165 on: March 21, 2011, 09:38:46 AM »
Dear GLADD,

It's only make-believe.

Regards,
Monty

ha ha ha ha ha  ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1166 on: March 21, 2011, 06:33:41 PM »

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1167 on: March 22, 2011, 04:37:11 AM »

;)
Some people take the internet a tad to seriously don't you think?  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1168 on: March 22, 2011, 05:23:19 AM »
Some people take the internet a tad to seriously don't you think?  ;)

This is VERY SERIOUS SHIT!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1169 on: March 22, 2011, 05:49:15 AM »

This is VERY SERIOUS SHIT!!
Then the war is on! I will make sure to do extensive research (or try to), spend hours youtubing video's, hours surfing the net for proof, start unessessary arguments, pretent to try to fit in and know what i'm talking about and rubuttle every small detail on everyones replies  ;D ;D ;D  ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1170 on: March 22, 2011, 06:20:25 AM »
Then the war is on! I will make sure to do extensive research (or try to), spend hours youtubing video's, hours surfing the net for proof, start unessessary arguments, pretent to try to fit in and know what i'm talking about and rubuttle every small detail on everyones replies  ;D ;D ;D  ;)

Guys in spandex/lycra pretending to fight is worthy of that and so much more.

Vaya con Dios.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1171 on: March 22, 2011, 10:36:33 AM »

Guys in spandex/lycra pretending to fight is worthy of that and so much more.

Vaya con Dios.

Ha ha ha ha  ;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1172 on: March 22, 2011, 07:59:19 PM »
Leave me out of this, please. ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1173 on: March 23, 2011, 04:41:20 AM »
Leave me out of this, please. ;D
Your a mod....your involved by default!  :D

Some Jeff Hardy news:

According to the TNA promotional page, Jeff Hardy will not appear at any weekend events since his name has been removed. He had been listed as appearing previously.

Hardy does have a court date on his pending drug charges scheduled for April 20th and has not been used by TNA since the main event at Victory Road on 3/13.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1174 on: March 24, 2011, 06:49:56 PM »
TNA star Rob Van Dam took a dig at WWE this week on Twitter: "DREW CAREY GETS INDUCTED INTO THE WWE HALL OF FAME. MAN, I'M GLAD I'M NOT A WWE WRESTLER."