Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758676 times)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1200 on: April 02, 2011, 02:07:44 AM »
Ive never watched an episode, however NXT apparently had less than 6 and a half minutes of wrestling action in each of the last 2 weeks. Suddenly TNA doesnt look so bad..............

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1201 on: April 02, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »
- Jerry Lawler’s son Brian Christopher has reportedly been hospitalized with pancreatitis.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1202 on: April 04, 2011, 04:44:51 AM »
- Jerry Lawler’s son Brian Christopher has reportedly been hospitalized with pancreatitis.

I wonder if he has legitimate heat with his old man or if its just a work.....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1203 on: April 04, 2011, 12:30:01 PM »
Sting revealed in an interview with the Daily Star that World Wrestling Entertainment officials approached and offered him a match with The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVII, as well as induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

He declined their offer.

“I wouldn’t say it was utter nonsense, that’s not true!” laughs Sting. “It’s a dream match that fans would want to see. It was close. I’m glad things turned out the way they did.

“There are so many variables. Let’s just say that I turned it down for the same reasons I always have. Something in me never trusted what would happen up there, based entirely on the track record with other WCW guys and everything that went on after Vince bought WCW. I never ever trusted WWE and never will."

“I wont be watching but I’ll be asking what happened between Undertaker and Triple H.”

Brock Lesnar adds that WWE had not approached him at all regarding an appearance at WrestleMania.

“They were smart enough to know that I am deeply involved in UFC, what I am doing now.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1204 on: April 05, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »
Sin Cara debuted last night

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1205 on: April 05, 2011, 08:15:05 AM »

He is amazing. Ray Mysterio is shittinghis pants at his new replacement. Ray is one knee injury away from retirement. Did you see the hangtime on Sin's cross body?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1206 on: April 05, 2011, 08:41:41 AM »
10+ releases coming!

It was reported earlier that WWE planned on releasing several talents following WrestleMania XXVII. The latest word is that between 12 and 14 talents will be cut. More shortly.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1207 on: April 05, 2011, 10:02:02 AM »

Damn it!!
I left the room during that match.

Thanks for posting.

I heard that next week, they're going to announce a Rey vs. Sin match for WM 31.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1208 on: April 05, 2011, 10:16:57 AM »

Damn it!!
I left the room during that match.

Thanks for posting.

I heard that next week, they're going to announce a Rey vs. Sin match for WM 31.
Your joking, right?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1209 on: April 05, 2011, 10:25:11 AM »

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1210 on: April 05, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
He is amazing. Ray Mysterio is shittinghis pants at his new replacement. Ray is one knee injury away from retirement. Did you see the hangtime on Sin's cross body?
It was crazy. It looked like he paused and changed directions in mid-air. I didn't notice the trampoline until I watched it again lol

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1211 on: April 05, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »

;D
lol....fucker....had me going there for a while. They are already pushing the Rock vs Cena so why not the Mexican's?

And to Mass, the high cross body Sin Cara did was just unbelievable. Good job WWE did signing him.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1212 on: April 05, 2011, 11:05:48 AM »
Poor Rey Rey is seriously gonna have to up his game real fast. Poor guy must feel so threatened.

Yeah, but another way to look at it is: now, there's someone who can completely compliment his skill in a match.
Have you ever wondered what a Rey vs. Rey match would look like?

On a side note, I miss Jushin Liger.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1213 on: April 05, 2011, 11:11:05 AM »

Yeah, but another way to look at it is: now, there's someone who can completely compliment his skill in a match.
Have you ever wondered what a Rey vs. Rey match would look like?

On a side note, I miss Jushin Liger.
I straight (not pilled up) Juvetud vs a healthy injury free Ray Mysterio would be fun to watch.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1214 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:38 AM »
I straight (not pilled up) Juvetud vs a healthy injury free Ray Mysterio would be fun to watch.

It was fun watching those guys back in the original WCW; they were a lot younger then, too!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1215 on: April 05, 2011, 02:47:30 PM »
 As seen on RAW last night, The Miz said he suffered a concussion in the WrestleMania 27 match against John Cena when Cena tackled him from the fan barrier to the floor. Sources indicate that The Miz's concussion is legit.

-Lords of Pain.net

monopoly19

• Getbig II
  • 675 locked out...
« Reply #1216 on: April 05, 2011, 05:49:30 PM »
Got more respect for him after seeing that. He hit his head HARD.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1217 on: April 06, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »
According to a backstage source, Monday night’s RAW was heavily rewritten at the last minute. The plan in the early afternoon was to have Triple H vs. Undertaker take place at SummerSlam with Taker vs. Cena taking place at WrestleMania 28. Obviously, that has changed. Some people believe that the long-term plan has always been to build WrestleMania 28 around The Rock, even if not in a wrestling capacity. Some also believe this is why Miami was chosen as the pay-per-view location.

– Vince McMahon was reportedly going crazy all weekend changing match orders and the like for WrestleMania. This happens all the time but this weekend he changed his mind on what seemed to be an hourly basis.

– Having Jim Ross call RAW Monday night was a last-minute decision. Ross noted earlier via Twitter that he wasn’t notified about calling RAW until nearly 6EST. This appears to be a one-time deal.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1218 on: April 06, 2011, 05:55:10 AM »
^^Wrestlezone.com is reporting similar and additional information on this:

In an exclusive follow-up to our last report concerning World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon calling a Raw meeting following WrestleMania, WZ can now report, after speaking with a number of key WWE insiders, that a majority of the creative team feels extremely burnt out right now and has apparently never been worked so hard by Vince.

"The revisions and constant reviewing of the TV scripts are becoming so dramatic and belabored, the writing team members are comparing themselves to the announcers when Vince is screaming into their headsets during TV," a key WWE insider told WZ this evening.

Additionally, we were told that the last minute changes and revisions are becoming erratic and irrational, so much so that the creative team feels like they have no clue as to what Vince wants anymore.  More on this developing story as it becomes available.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____

WrestleZone can confirm this evening that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, WWE EVP Stephanie McMahon, writing team Vice President Brian Gewirtz, Smackdown lead writer Michael Hayes, Senior Writer Ed Koskey and a majority of the WWE creative team did NOT attend the WrestleMania 27 After Party as they all usually do.

We were told the reason is because Vince decided to call a meeting immediately after Wrestlemania to review and revise the Raw script for the next night. While it is common for scripts to be revised often, we were told by a key insider within WWE that it was shocking to even the most senior members of Vince's staff that Vince called the meeting right after WrestleMania as opposed to the next morning.

We were told that nothing unplanned happened during WrestleMania that could have triggered such a reaction from Vince, but rather this was a case of Vince wanting to continue to work even though the norm is for everyone to attend the WrestleMania After-Party.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1219 on: April 06, 2011, 05:59:06 AM »
source: http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/tv/119255024.html

NEW YORK - Stone Cold Steve Austin says "Dancing with the Stars" isn't is cup of tea — and he turned down an offer to be on the hit ABC series.

In an interview Monday the wrestler said he wasn't interested because he has "two left feet" and his rhythm is "so-so at best."
A message seeking comment from the network was not immediately returned.

But Austin says he enjoys the show, and is cheering on his friend, fellow wrestler Chris Jericho.
He says Jericho "never gets nervous" and that "he's going to go far."

Austin hosts "WWE Tough Enough," a show searching for the next wrestling superstar. Austin says he appreciates the show because when tried to break into the business, he had no such avenue.

"WWE Tough Enough" airs Mondays on USA Network.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1220 on: April 06, 2011, 06:59:07 AM »
^^Wrestlezone.com is reporting similar and additional information on this:

In an exclusive follow-up to our last report concerning World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman Vince McMahon calling a Raw meeting following WrestleMania, WZ can now report, after speaking with a number of key WWE insiders, that a majority of the creative team feels extremely burnt out right now and has apparently never been worked so hard by Vince.

"The revisions and constant reviewing of the TV scripts are becoming so dramatic and belabored, the writing team members are comparing themselves to the announcers when Vince is screaming into their headsets during TV," a key WWE insider told WZ this evening.

Additionally, we were told that the last minute changes and revisions are becoming erratic and irrational, so much so that the creative team feels like they have no clue as to what Vince wants anymore.  More on this developing story as it becomes available.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ____

WrestleZone can confirm this evening that WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, WWE EVP Stephanie McMahon, writing team Vice President Brian Gewirtz, Smackdown lead writer Michael Hayes, Senior Writer Ed Koskey and a majority of the WWE creative team did NOT attend the WrestleMania 27 After Party as they all usually do.

We were told the reason is because Vince decided to call a meeting immediately after Wrestlemania to review and revise the Raw script for the next night. While it is common for scripts to be revised often, we were told by a key insider within WWE that it was shocking to even the most senior members of Vince's staff that Vince called the meeting right after WrestleMania as opposed to the next morning.

We were told that nothing unplanned happened during WrestleMania that could have triggered such a reaction from Vince, but rather this was a case of Vince wanting to continue to work even though the norm is for everyone to attend the WrestleMania After-Party.

Vince is suffering from stress.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1221 on: April 06, 2011, 07:57:40 AM »
Vince is suffering from stress.

That's what it sounds like.
It's just that he's been under a lot more before, and I'm surprised he's seemingly "cracking" now.
It's not entirely fair to say cracking, but it does sound like he's a lot more stressed than he's been in the past.

Maybe it's all just finally catching up with him!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1222 on: April 06, 2011, 08:20:49 AM »

That's what it sounds like.
It's just that he's been under a lot more before, and I'm surprised he's seemingly "cracking" now.
It's not entirely fair to say cracking, but it does sound like he's a lot more stressed than he's been in the past.

Maybe it's all just finally catching up with him!

He's had lady luck on his side from the getgo. He rolled the dice and prayed for lucky 7 on the first WM, the steroid trial, the monday night wars and now the ratings....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1223 on: April 07, 2011, 04:43:04 AM »
As noted earlier here on the website, there is backstage heat on both John Morrison and Melina. It centers around the Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania XXVII, which saw Morrison repeatedly brush partner Trish Stratus off.

During their post-match celebration, Stratus hugged Snooki and went to hug Morrison, but he had already turned his back on her. Morrison then led Snooki to the corner of the ring and used the Jersey Shore star as a shield, to guard himself from Stratus.

The backstory behind Morrison’s awkward body language is that either he or Melina, his real-life girlfriend, felt Stratus took her spot in the Six-Person Mixed Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania XXVII. The backstage belief is that he either holds Stratus in contempt for taking Melina’s spot on the card, or had to portray himself as such so that she would believe he was anything but rude to her.

Behind the scenes, Morrison rejected various ideas Stratus had for their match at WrestleMania XXVII, and was said to be very difficult to work with. His outright refusal to comply with any of her suggestions reportedly hurt her feelings. Word quickly spread amongst the locker room, garnering heat.

Many feel Morrison’s unprofessional behavior will set back his standing in WWE since Stratus is highly regarded amongst company personnel.

While Morrison is considered a nice guy, he’s not greatly respected amongst his peers. This dates back several years due to his real-life relationship with Melina. Particularly, he lost a lot of respect for allowing Melina to engage in a sexual relationship with former WWE talent Dave Bautista (a/k/a Batista) while the two were dating.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1224 on: April 07, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »
April 7, 2011

http://corporate.wwe.com/news/2011/2011_04_07.html

To better reflect the company’s global entertainment offerings, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) announced today a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

Two key components to WWE’s brand expansion will be the active pursuit to acquire entertainment content companies and the outsourcing of WWE’s core competencies – television and film production, live event production and licensing. As part of the new business model, the company will also focus on the development of new television products including scripted, non-scripted and animated programs, as well as the launch of a new WWE network in the next 12-18 months. The first new program of the brand expansion is Tough Enough®, WWE’s non-scripted program that debuted on the USA Network on Monday.

“The new business model of the company better reflects what WWE is all about, being a global entertainment company,” stated Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, WWE. “We will always be loyal to our core business that made WWE a globally known entity, however, the future of WWE will be the addition of new entertainment content opportunities beyond the ring.”

This new rebranding initiative will be highlighted through a national consumer and business-to-business advertising campaign entitled “Bigger. Badder. Better.™” The campaign kicked off at WrestleMania® XXVII on Sunday and will be featured on cable TV, print and online.

In addition to focusing on the expansion of the company, the company will bolster its core business with the launch a new talent development department headed by Paul “Triple H®” Levesque. The new department will put a greater emphasis on worldwide recruitment, training and character development to identify future WWE Superstars and Divas. The first recruit acquired under Levesque’s new department was the signing last month of future WWE Superstar, Sin Cara™, formerly known worldwide as Mistico.