Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758701 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1225 on: April 07, 2011, 05:32:14 PM »
To better reflect the company’s global entertainment offerings, World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE: WWE) announced today a new business model for future growth, including formally rebranding itself, WWE.

They're changing their name from WWE to WWE?

That's bold, indeed!

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1226 on: April 07, 2011, 05:48:28 PM »

They're changing their name from WWE to WWE?

That's bold, indeed!
I took it as no more "World Wrestling Entertainment"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1227 on: April 07, 2011, 05:52:11 PM »

Oh.
It's been a long day.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1228 on: April 07, 2011, 05:58:46 PM »
Which I think is so stupid. No matter what they say or do, when anyone thinks of WWE they think of wrestling. I have never heard anyone other than WWE commentators utter the words "sports entertainment". If they want to make movies, cartoons, or whatever, that's fine,but to eliminate the word "wrestling" from the name of your company is asinine. I know Vince has been running from the "w" word for various reasons through the years, but this is sad. I think HHH will be good in that role though.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1229 on: April 07, 2011, 06:19:45 PM »
Which I think is so stupid. No matter what they say or do, when anyone thinks of WWE they think of wrestling. I have never heard anyone other than WWE commentators utter the words "sports entertainment". If they want to make movies, cartoons, or whatever, that's fine,but to eliminate the word "wrestling" from the name of your company is asinine. I know Vince has been running from the "w" word for various reasons through the years, but this is sad. I think HHH will be good in that role though.

The fact is: EVERYTHING he's done outside wrestling has failed with the exception of some mediocre/bordering on shitty movies.
Why is he trying so vehemently to move away from the ONE & ONLY thing that's consistently made him money?

Has wrestling become the whore sister of the McMahon family who turns tricks that enable everyone to have nice cars & clothes; but nobody wants to admit what she does?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1230 on: April 07, 2011, 06:37:51 PM »

The fact is: EVERYTHING he's done outside wrestling has failed with the exception of some mediocre/bordering on shitty movies.
Why is he trying so vehemently to move away from the ONE & ONLY thing that's consistently made him money?

Has wrestling become the whore sister of the McMahon family who turns tricks that enable everyone to have nice cars & clothes; but nobody wants to admit what she does?

The simple fact is, I don't care what they do as long as their main focus is on the thing that brought them there. A lot of companies have diversified over the years, I have no problem with it. Let's face it, they haven't been a wrestling company for over 15 years, it's just the lengths they go to to not even say the word is what I find dumb. They are like the insecure girl who is always trying to get everyone to notice how pretty they are...I think in Vince's mind, most people laugh at wrestling when in 95% of my experiences, it's the opposite.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1231 on: April 08, 2011, 04:23:44 AM »
Former WWE and TNA talent Scott Hall has been hospitalized following a drug overdose. No further details are available at this time.

The former Intercontinental Champion has been battling serious health issues over the past year. He was hospitalized last June for double pneumonia, which had affected both lungs. He was hospitalized again in August due to complications from pneumonia. After recovering, Hall checked into a WWE-sponsored rehabilitation facility, and checked out in early October. Hall was hospitalized weeks later as he needed a pacemaker implanted into his heart.

Hall claimed last week he would not be on hand for the WrestleMania XXVII festivities in Atlanta, Georgia because the atmosphere would be detrimental to his quest to stay sober.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1232 on: April 08, 2011, 04:24:21 AM »
It was reported yesterday that there is backstage heat on John Morrison and Melina as a result of their behind the scenes treatment of Trish Stratus. It was claimed that either he or Melina, his girlfriend, felt Stratus took her spot at Wrestlemania XXVII. Morrison rejected various ideas Stratus had for the match and was said to be very difficult to work with. During the live performance, Morrison appeared visibly cold to Status, not making eye contact with her and dodging her following its conclusion. Morrison’s treatment of Stratus reportedly hurt her feelings. Word quickly spread amongst the locker room, garnering heat for both himself and Melina among some circles.

According to a friend of Melina’s, the RAW Diva is legitimately upset with Stratus. Melina has privately said that her source of contention with Stratus is not because she herself was snubbed from WrestleMania due to her, but because many of the Divas were. She’s upset that many of them were snubbed from the grand event when they’re on the road throughout the year, unlike her. Melina also said that she’s not the only girl upset with Stratus “taking their spot.”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1233 on: April 08, 2011, 04:54:07 AM »

Lol....the XFL and the WBF.....wow....

Especially with the XFL, did Vince really think he was gonna out do the NFL with his lame ass football league?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1234 on: April 08, 2011, 05:08:15 AM »
Lol....the XFL and the WBF.....wow....

Especially with the XFL, did Vince really think he was gonna out do the NFL with his lame ass football league?

And, IMO - every endeavor he pursues results in exponentially less attention & respect paid to his wrestling product.
I still can't believe that the WBF guys were making those kinds of salaries - with benefits - with money earned from wrestling, while the wrestlers' compensation faltered.
Even more disrespecting is when the old man would tell his talent that he couldn't afford to offer them more of anything due to financial peril.

WTF!!!
If he'd put that money back into the company instead of trying to start up something else...
He should have taken a little better care of his bread-winners before offering deals many times more lucrative to other guys for another branch of Titan.
I can COMPLETELY understand why the WWF roster at that time was so disgruntled.
Imagine if you were one of the guys directly affected by that!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1235 on: April 08, 2011, 05:14:56 AM »

And, IMO - every endeavor he pursues results in exponentially less attention & respect paid to his wrestling product.
I still can't believe that the WBF guys were making those kinds of salaries - with benefits - with money earned from wrestling, while the wrestlers' compensation faltered.
Even more disrespecting is when the old man would tell his talent that he couldn't afford to offer them more of anything due to financial peril.

WTF!!!
If he'd put that money back into the company instead of trying to start up something else...
He should have taken a little better care of his bread-winners before offering deals many times more lucrative to other guys for another branch of Titan.
I can COMPLETELY understand why the WWF roster at that time was so disgruntled.
Imagine if you were one of the guys directly affected by that!
Mike Christian stated in an interview that he (along with other WBF stars) were earning 25,000 dollars a month and they had full medical benefits with the WBF.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1236 on: April 08, 2011, 05:22:43 AM »
Mike Christian stated in an interview that he (along with other WBF stars) were earning 25,000 dollars a month and they had full medical benefits with the WBF.

And, compare their work schedule & pay with those of the guys who were earning Vince the money to pay them that.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1237 on: April 08, 2011, 07:30:55 AM »

And, compare their work schedule & pay with those of the guys who were earning Vince the money to pay them that.
I agree totally with you. That's why the smart wrestlers left and went to WCW.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1238 on: April 09, 2011, 07:02:56 AM »
In the ongoingly condescending & embarassing trend of tweeting kayfabe, John Cena posted the following on his Twitter page:

"CeNation. This is a new year. From 26 to 27 wasn't exactly a banner year. Which means it time to dominate the whole f+cking game."
"NEVER GIVE UP. Miz. Id watch yourself if I were you. It may not be tomorrow ...but u will NOT defeat me again."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1239 on: April 09, 2011, 07:07:43 AM »
WWE will be holding two, three-hour Raw shows in consecutive weeks this coming June.

On June 13th in Long Island, New York and the following week, June 20th, in Baltimore, Maryland, both Raw television shows will be three hours in length.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1240 on: April 09, 2011, 07:08:55 AM »
WWE Hall of Famer Tammy "Sunny" Sytch noted on Twitter that a WWE Diva was engaged to marry a celebrity chef but did not reveal who it was.
It's now being said that the Diva in question is Gail Kim, and she is set to marry celebrity chef Robert Irvine.
Kim and Irvine were spotted together during WrestleMania weekend, and Irvine accompanied Kim to the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1241 on: April 09, 2011, 07:09:56 AM »
F4WOnline.com is reporting that this past Sunday's WrestleMania 27 PPV was the second highest live gate in WrestleMania history, bringing in $6.6 million.
This figure only includes ticket and merchandise sales, not pay-per-view buy rates.
WrestleMania 27 ranks second only behind WrestleMania 25 from Houston, Texas, which brought in a staggering $7.2 million live gate.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #1242 on: April 09, 2011, 10:38:12 AM »
There's all the evidence you need to suggest that Vince will continue to make future Wrestlemanias look like a typical episode of WWE RAW. Too many white trash shitheads out there that will continue to watch the abomination that pro wrestling has become.

Curious to know what the actual PPV numbers are. Those stats will probably be staggering as well. Vince is still laughing all the way to the bank.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1243 on: April 09, 2011, 11:55:14 AM »
Thats been my plan from the get go. Once Timmy is famous it's Bella Twins or bust!

Ha-ha!!!
I knew you'd see this post!

When are we going to see you on Iron Chef America?
I'd buy the PPV to see you power-bomb that ass-tard Bobby Flay through a flaming table and extinguish the flames by rolling him into a lobster tank!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1244 on: April 10, 2011, 05:30:17 PM »
We're filming a cooking show right now. It's easy to make one. The hard part is getting people to watch it. Skies the limit though. I'm so gonna be dating Layla when this thing blows up!

Nice!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1245 on: April 11, 2011, 04:37:08 AM »
Thats been my plan from the get go. Once Timmy is famous it's Bella Twins or bust!

oh my goodness...I would luv to have those two playing my piano....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1246 on: April 11, 2011, 08:03:54 AM »
oh my goodness...I would luv to have those two playing my piano....

I'll bet they could really stroke your keys!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1247 on: April 11, 2011, 08:09:50 AM »

I'll bet they could really stroke your keys!
And then some!

Monty, do I have some stories for you.....

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1248 on: April 11, 2011, 01:19:42 PM »
Source: Pro Wrestling Torch

Shane McMahon was not hand for last week’s WrestleMania festivities. Vince and Linda McMahon still see their children, and Shane still has a good relationship with Stephanie, but the belief is that he no plans on ever returning to WWE.

Some sources speculate that Shane, who was at one point pegged as Vince’s successor, mainly parted ways with the organization last year because he has absolutely no interest in dealing with the corporate politics.

It was announced last August that McMahon had signed a deal to become the new CEO of China Broadband Inc., a provider of cable broadband services, a provider of cable broadband services, as well as other digital and analog related services, in the Shandong Province of the People’s Republic of China. The company is based in Boulder, Colorado. 

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1249 on: April 11, 2011, 01:52:22 PM »
Former Indy Wrestling Star, Larry Sweeney passed away at the young age of 29. Sweeney died from hanging himself at a wrestling school in Lake Charles, LA either this morning or late last night.

Midwest indy sensation, Chris Hero, commented with:
"We lost a dedicated friend and an overwhelmingly talented performer this morning. Alex Whybrow aka "Sweet & Sour" Larry Sweeney has passed." "We spent a few years together on the road and Alex was gifted beyond measure," wrote Chris Hero on twitter.  "He could enthrall you with colorful stories from his personal life, or he could captivate thousands with his undeniable charisma.  I loved him and my heart is with his family, friends and countless fans.  First, he was my student and he transcended that almost immediately.  I will forever cherish our in depth conversations and time spent together."

Sweeney may most be remember for his run in ROH with Sweet and Sour as the manager. He managed the likes of Claudio Castagnoli, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland, Matt Sydal, Daniel Puder, Chicago Native Adam Pearce, Brent Albright, Shane Hagadorn and Bobby Dempsey. He was perhaps the best nonwrestling talent at the time.

Since that time, his demons have been well documented. It is a sad sight to see.

In one of his last messages online, Larry Sweeney wrote: "But this business is a disease, and once you've caught it, good luck finding a cure.  So who knows."