Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758672 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1350 on: May 25, 2011, 09:06:10 AM »
Former WWE talent Taryn Terrell (a/k/a Tiffany) announced Tuesday that she has separated from husband Drew Galloway, better known as Drew McIntyre in WWE.

"With great sadness, I announce the end of my marriage," she wrote on her Twitter account. "I wish Drew only happiness and continued success."

On August 8, 2010, Terrell was arrested in Los Angeles County, California for domestic assault, a misdemeanor, after an alleged argument with Galloway. She was released later that day on $20,000 bail. It was announced on September 26 that all charges against Terrell had been dropped.

Terrell was suspended by WWE due to the altercation. She was released from her contract on November 19, 2010.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #1351 on: May 25, 2011, 09:47:44 AM »
I can't believe someone actually knocked up Kharma......I would rather take a blow job from a crocodile.... :-\

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1352 on: May 25, 2011, 03:07:05 PM »
Judy Carter, who teaches stand-up comics and corporate speakers, wrote a blog on comedyworkshops.com about how injured WWE Superstar John Morrison came into her office on Monday morning. Morrison has hired Carter because he wants to be funnier in the ring, funnier in his interviews and is looking to "jumpstart a speaking career."

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1353 on: May 25, 2011, 03:59:45 PM »
Judy Carter, who teaches stand-up comics and corporate speakers, wrote a blog on comedyworkshops.com about how injured WWE Superstar John Morrison came into her office on Monday morning. Morrison has hired Carter because he wants to be funnier in the ring, funnier in his interviews and is looking to "jumpstart a speaking career."

I guess the Jay Cutler workshop didn't work as well as he'd expected.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1354 on: May 26, 2011, 04:45:51 AM »
Wow...Morrison is stale.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1355 on: May 26, 2011, 09:41:22 AM »
Former WWE Women's Champion Layla announced this evening on her Twitter account that she tore both the ACL and MCL in her knee and will undergo surgery tomorrow.
"Well my knee injury is worse than I thought... I tore both my ACL and MCL," she wrote. "Having surgery tomorrow."

"I'm ready to heal and be stronger than ever!!!!"

She continued, "Not gonna blame anyone yet for making it worse than after Michelle McCool and my match.

"Just need the time to heal. Thank you all for support always."

Recovery time for her injury is expected to be approximately six months.

Layla announced on the May 13 episode of SmackDown! that during her match with Michelle McCool at Extreme Rules, she sustained a serious knee injury. Following Michael Cole's interruption, Kharma emerged. Cole proceeded to trip Layla, allowing the monstrous woman to drive her into the mat

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1356 on: May 27, 2011, 04:37:36 AM »
Kurt Angle posted the following on his Twitter account

"Look for My upcoming Reality Show on My path to the Olympics.It starts this Fall. Keep all of You Posted.My training is where it needs to be"

The publicity can only help TNA, but I'm sure that Dixie can't be thrilled about Angle's upcoming absence(s).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1357 on: May 27, 2011, 05:07:10 AM »
Kurt Angle posted the following on his Twitter account

"Look for My upcoming Reality Show on My path to the Olympics.It starts this Fall. Keep all of You Posted.My training is where it needs to be"

The publicity can only help TNA, but I'm sure that Dixie can't be thrilled about Angle's upcoming absence(s).
Probably the best technical wrestler out there. Period.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1358 on: May 27, 2011, 06:51:19 PM »
Allegedly, the late Chris Benoit is featured several times in the upcoming "The Very Best of Monday Night Nitro" DVD which is slated for release on June 7th. It's also being noted, however, that no actual Benoit matches are shown on the DVD, and anytime Benoit is referred to as "The Crippler," the sound is muted.

credit: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/new-tna-taping-cell-phone-policy-benoit-on-nitro-dvd-130509

mass 04

• Getbig V
Brock Lesnar undergoes surgery
« Reply #1359 on: May 28, 2011, 06:56:20 PM »
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Dana-White-Lesnar-Undergoes-Surgery-Hopes-to-Return-in-2012-32693

Brock Lesnar underwent surgery yesterday in relation to his most recent battle with diverticulitis.

UFC president Dana White announced the news during the UFC 130 “Prelims Live” special on Spike TV.

“Brock Lesnar had surgery yesterday. They removed about 12 inches of his colon, and they repaired it,” said White. “He says he feels great. He's a little sore, but the operation was a huge success. We're hoping that he can be back by the first of the year. He's excited to recover and get back in the UFC.”

Lesnar was supposed to face fellow “Ultimate Fighter 13” coach Junior dos Santos at UFC 131, but the former champion was forced to withdraw from that contest when his diverticulitis resurfaced. Dos Santos will instead face former title contender Shane Carwin at the June 11 event.

Known for his dominant wrestling skills and his history with the WWE, Lesnar debuted with the UFC in 2008, falling by submission to Frank Mir. Lesnar would rebound from the loss by outpointing Heath Herring before knocking out Randy Couture to win the UFC heavyweight belt at UFC 91.

Lesnar suffered his first bout with diverticulitis in late 2009, pulling out of a planned UFC 106 clash with Carwin. After making changes to his diet, Lesnar returned to the cage at UFC 116 in July and defeated Carwin by submission. Most recently, the Death Clutch founder was knocked out by Cain Velasquez in October, losing his title to the American Kickboxing Academy product at UFC 121.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1360 on: May 29, 2011, 05:46:27 PM »
SuperLuchas.net is reporting that WWE has signed Mexican Lucha Libre star Averno to a new deal.
The report notes that Averno is expected to debut on the Smackdown brand and work with Sin Cara.
The feeling is that WWE wants someone that Cara can work well with in order to showcase his moves, and Averno had a notable feud with Sin Cara during their time working in Mexico.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1361 on: May 31, 2011, 04:42:18 AM »
Kharma broke charactor yesterday and yes she is pregnant in real life thus the send off. Too bad because she had phenomenal momentum thus far. She'll be back in 9 months.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1362 on: May 31, 2011, 03:14:15 PM »
Where have I been? What happened with the Cole/King fued? Now they are working side by side again? How hot did the Bellas look last night!

They should work an angle with Cole as Kong's "baby-daddy."

How 'bout THOSE buy rates, BROTHER!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1363 on: June 01, 2011, 04:41:20 AM »

They should work an angle with Cole as Kong's "baby-daddy."

How 'bout THOSE buy rates, BROTHER!!!

Hogan still looks alright for a 55+ year old man.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1364 on: June 01, 2011, 06:49:01 AM »
Chris Jericho posted the following on Twitter:

"The contract s in the mail so its official...there's gonna be a third book! It'll be released via Penguin Publishing in 2013. GET READY!!"

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1365 on: June 01, 2011, 06:52:11 AM »
Hulk Hogan posted the following comments on Twitter:

On the recent comments by the Warrior claiming Karma is coming to collect from Hulk Hogan -
"that what he's programed for,some people love, help,laugh,create,have fun,he hates.warrior who? HH"

On the recent controversy between Sean Waltman upset at Brian Knobbs mocking Randy Savage -
"that's what's so crazy they are way cool,Knobs always jokes around though,maby somebody took Knobs joking and is trying to bury himH"

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1366 on: June 01, 2011, 08:21:23 AM »
Wanna Laugh? Read Cena's lastest twitter. He apparently got yelled at on Raw this past monday for remarks made. They outta outlaw twitter for wrestlers. Period.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1367 on: June 01, 2011, 09:48:09 AM »
Check out this piece of shit belittling Cena & the troops lol. He has the audacity to do so when he looks like this:

http://twitter.com/#!/shmikemike

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1368 on: June 03, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Check out this piece of shit belittling Cena & the troops lol. He has the audacity to do so when he looks like this:

http://twitter.com/#!/shmikemike

lol. take away the belt and ask 20 people what this guy is a fan of, I bet at least 15 would guess pro wrestling.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1369 on: June 04, 2011, 02:25:54 PM »
Courtesy of LordsofPain.net:

- As noted earlier in the week, a strange incident happened with Mark Henry after Tuesday's SmackDown tapings where he was sent out for a dark main event and waited for around 20 minutes while several theme songs hit but no opponent came out.

Word going around WWE is that the whole thing was a big rib on Henry to see how long he would stay in the ring before getting mad and storming off, which he did. Henry was actually told that he would be wrestling a dark main event against Sin Cara. He and Cara actually called spots for their match earlier in the evening.

Henry was sent to the ring and when he went to cut a promo to set up Cara's entrance, the mic was cut out. Henry finally stormed to the back and demanded to know what was going on. Vince McMahon's theme song was the last one played during the rib, which is fitting because the whole thing was Vince's personal joke on Henry.

Vince had already left the arena but according to a source, he directed the entire thing via cell phone. A source in WWE production adds that producer Kevin Dunn was in on the whole thing also, laughing as it was going on.

The impression left backstage among the other talents was that it was funny, but misplaced. The feeling was that it's one thing to pull a joke on one wrestler from another, but when WWE is doing the jokes it sends a bad message, especially when they are ribbing a veteran like Mark Henry. It was also pointed out how WWE shouldn't have pulled a joke on Henry at the fans expense who had to sit through it and were expecting a match

-------------------

Not very professional, if i was Henry i certainly wouldnt appreciate being made a fool even if it was by VKM himself.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1370 on: June 04, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »
It was also pointed out how WWE shouldn't have pulled a joke on Henry at the fans expense who had to sit through it and were expecting a match

More evidence that Vince is caring less and less about his wrestlers, the fans, the product, and wrestling.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1371 on: June 04, 2011, 07:42:01 PM »
WWE is saddened to learn of the loss of Betty George, first wife of WWE Hall of Famer Gorgeous George, who passed away peacefully today in Gearhart, Ore. She was 98 years old.

All of us at WWE wish to extend our deepest condolences to Mrs. George's family and friends, including her four children, Carol Kelley, Donnie, Rex and Honi.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/bettygeorgepasses

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1372 on: June 06, 2011, 07:51:35 PM »
Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is currently in talks with Paramount to appear in the new G.I. Joe sequel, reports DeadlineHollywood.com.  Johnson is discussing a role as Roadblock, who made an appearance in the first movie.  Interestingly, former WWE superstar, Shad Gaspard auditioned for the movie as well.

Bret Hart announced that he'll be working WWE's upcoming tour of South Africa.

credit: wrestlezone.com

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #1373 on: June 08, 2011, 04:42:13 AM »
WWE is saddened to learn of the loss of Betty George, first wife of WWE Hall of Famer Gorgeous George, who passed away peacefully today in Gearhart, Ore. She was 98 years old.

All of us at WWE wish to extend our deepest condolences to Mrs. George's family and friends, including her four children, Carol Kelley, Donnie, Rex and Honi.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/bettygeorgepasses
98?? holy shit...thats almost a century. Didn't GG die early like in his mid forties? I heard he was a major alcoholic.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1374 on: June 09, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
Wrestling Observer-

John Cena is said to be beaten up far worse than is being let on, with persistent neck and hip issues as well as elbow problems.