Author Topic: Industry News & Notes:  (Read 758691 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: Industry News & Notes - Updated Weekly:
« Reply #1475 on: July 27, 2011, 12:42:43 PM »
Wrestling News World reader Ryan Williams sent word that he saw Mick Foley leaving the Smackdown taping tonight from the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

As of this writing I cannot confirm what Ryan witnessed, however, he was there and took photos of Foley leaving after the show had concluded.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1476 on: July 27, 2011, 12:44:12 PM »
Ring of Honor is pleased to announce the DVD release of “Best In The World 2011″. This event features 3 ROH Title bouts including an epic World Title match pitting the American Wolves against one another as Eddie Edwards defends against Davey Richards; Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team defends the World Tag Titles against three opponents, and Christopher Daniels defends the ROH World TV Title against El Generico! Jay Lethal makes his return to ROH, Rhino makes his debut against Homicide, & exclusive to the DVD release, Adam Cole & Kyle O’Reilly take on GenerationMe!

1. Colt Cabana vs. Tomasso Ciampa
2. Jay Lethal vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett
3. No Holds Barred Street Fight: Homicide vs. Rhino
4. Steve Corino vs. Michael Elgin
5. World TV Title Match: Christopher Daniels vs. El Generico
6. World Tag Team Title Elimination Match: Wrestling’s Greatest Tag Team (Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas) vs. Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King & Rhett Titus)
7. ROH World Title Match: Eddie Edwards vs. Davey Richards

DVD Bonus:
-Dark Match/DVD Exclusive: Adam Cole and Kyle O’Reilly vs. GenerationMe
- Preshow Interview with ROH World Champion Eddie Edwards

This title is available to order at ROHWrestling.com or by clicking here: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=551.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1477 on: July 27, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »
pwtorch

ROH World champion Davey Richards was hospitalized on Friday with a staph infection, which caused him to be pulled from Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's "PWG 8" show Saturday night in Reseda, Calif.

PWG announced late Friday night on their message board that Richards would be "kept in the hospital at least overnight for treatment and observation, which means that he will not be able to compete on Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's eighth anniversary event."

Richards was scheduled for a three-way PWG Title match against PWG champion Claudio Castagnoli and Chris Hero. PWG did not announce whether the match will now be just Claudio vs. Hero for the title.

PWG did announce the opening match of PWG 8 will be PAC vs. Kevin Steen. Steen is also scheduled to team with CIMA against PWG tag champions Young Bucks (formerly GenMe in TNA) later in the show.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1478 on: July 27, 2011, 12:48:31 PM »
lol.net

don't really believe this...

Alberto Del Rio has once again been victimized by WWE's haphazard booking as his long planned match with John Cena at SummerSlam was nixed hours before last night's Raw telecast in Hampton, Virginia.

Creative overhauled the match line-up for SummerSlam Monday afternoon after deeming their creative plans for CM Punk for the event as "awful." Del Rio was effectively removed from the title picture as a result. WWE's braintrust felt that had Punk not been slotted in the title match, his much talked about storyline would extinguish.

Though Del Rio had the rug pulled out from under him once again, creative has the 34-year-old pegged for a title run this fall. WWE announced today they will present a landmark tour across Mexico this October and a number of high ranking officials feel the countryman returning as a conquering hero will garner a great deal of media attention.

Meanwhile, The Miz was at one point scheduled to reign supreme in the WWE Championship Tournament on Raw. Creative later changed their mind and the WWE Championship was awarded to Rey Mysterio, who got to hold the belt for approximately an hour and a half.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1479 on: August 05, 2011, 07:37:50 PM »
- WWE announced today they have released DH Smith, Chris Masters, Vladmir Kozlov and Melina.

- Gail Kim also said on Twitter that she has quit WWE.

No great losses there really.  Shame to see Gail Kim go, as she's a much better wrestler than 90% of the other Diva's, but they've never used her correctly anyway.  

Are they gonna change the SummerSlam trailers then to edit out Chris Masters?   ???

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #1480 on: August 06, 2011, 03:53:14 AM »
- WWE announced today they have released DH Smith, Chris Masters, Vladmir Kozlov and Melina.

No great losses there really.  Shame to see Gail Kim go, as she's a much better wrestler than 90% of the other Diva's, but they've never used her correctly anyway.  

Are they gonna change the SummerSlam trailers then to edit out Chris Masters?   ???

Okay, THAT one surprises me.
I thought for sure that "Uncle Bret" would have had a little influence, there.
Are there any "rumors" as to why he was let go?

Gail Kim is not surprising, though.
Everybody knows how good she is - including her - and it's not hard to understand why she felt underutilized there.
It would be interesting to see what kind of money she would draw in Japan.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #1481 on: August 07, 2011, 06:52:45 PM »
I thought for sure that "Uncle Bret" would have had a little influence, there.
Are there any "rumors" as to why he was let go?

I did wonder when I read it whether Bret gets some kind of pre-emptive phone call from Vince? 

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1482 on: August 08, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »
I'm the mark here. Can anyone please explain to me why the Hart Dynasty and $ Jr. have failed? Timmy is clueless.

We're all marks in some way; or else, we wouldn't be here. ;)

It's anyone's guess as to why the above talent was let go.

IMO, there seemed to be a lot of misuse/underutilization on the surface, but there is so much politicking that goes on - not to mention the backstage stuff that will get you canned.
20+ years ago, you there was a lot you never heard about; at least, until guys from that generation began writing tell-all books and doing the infamous shoot interview.
Now with the internet, there's little you DON'T hear about, but remember this: not everything you hear is true, and there's some stuff you never will get the dirt on.

Regardless, I think it's a shame that, with today's lack of talent, the Fed has let go such second-generation descendants of truly talented and gifted workers.
I believe that all of the above-mentioned names had ample potential to develop.
I'm still excited to see Ricky Steamboat's kid, who should arrive on the scene shortly.
Hopefully by then, there will be somebody who knows what to do with him.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1483 on: August 08, 2011, 12:02:27 PM »

We're all marks in some way; or else, we wouldn't be here. ;)

It's anyone's guess as to why the above talent was let go.

IMO, there seemed to be a lot of misuse/underutilization on the surface, but there is so much politicking that goes on - not to mention the backstage stuff that will get you canned.
20+ years ago, you there was a lot you never heard about; at least, until guys from that generation began writing tell-all books and doing the infamous shoot interview.
Now with the internet, there's little you DON'T hear about, but remember this: not everything you hear is true, and there's some stuff you never will get the dirt on.

Regardless, I think it's a shame that, with today's lack of talent, the Fed has let go such second-generation descendants of truly talented and gifted workers.
I believe that all of the above-mentioned names had ample potential to develop.
I'm still excited to see Ricky Steamboat's kid, who should arrive on the scene shortly.
Hopefully by then, there will be somebody who knows what to do with him.

a good site to go on is carson's pro wrestling world, they have all things wrestling for sale from missy hyatt's bikini to a wrestling ring which was pre-owned by shane douglas.guy who owns the store is really a fan and has monthly wrestlers appear in the store. see site.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1484 on: August 08, 2011, 12:04:13 PM »
pic of ring for sale
F

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1485 on: August 08, 2011, 09:16:34 PM »

That explains why Vladmir followed the "time-honored tradition" against Mark Henry on Smackdown. Hard to believe that just two and a half years ago, he beat 'Taker clean on Smackdown and was being promoted as a potential WrestleMania opponent against the Deadman.

Melina's gone, too? That's why Beth Phoenix talked about "no more splits", after she beat down Eve on RAW.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1486 on: August 09, 2011, 12:25:11 PM »
So that snub Melina threw Trish Stratus really wasn't such a good idea after all?

I'm not sure about that. But, I think Beth Phoenix got turned heel again (thank goodness), feuding with Kelly Kelly to make up for Kharma being out for the year.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1487 on: August 11, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
torch

Gail Kim claims WWE will not let her out of her contract after she tried to quit the company last Monday.

Kim, whose profile is still on WWE's website, claimed on Twitter Monday night that WWE wants to keep her locked in with the company for the remainder of the contract so she cannot seek work elsewhere.

"This is the current situation 4 every1 who's asking: I quit last mon. And apparently after a total of 5 yrs of working for a co. where I was not utilized or appreciated,I'm now 4 some reason,valuable enough 2 keep me under the remainder of my contract so I can't work elsewhere. Controlling? Thoughts?" Kim posted.

Kim also relayed top management's reaction to her self-elimination during the battle royal on last week's Raw episode.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1488 on: August 11, 2011, 12:34:01 PM »
pwinsider

credit;pwinsiderelite.com

"There's been a lot of talk about a Brock Lesnar WWE deal of some sort in recent months.

According to a source at THQ, there have been designs created for Lesnar to include him in the next WWE videogame, so it appears THQ has licensed him for inclusion. It's believed Paul Heyman, who is doing a lot of videogame-related work through his company, Looking for Larry Productions, may have been the person in the middle putting it all together.

UFC would have had to sign off on Lesnar's inclusion. There's no talk of Lesnar doing anything physical within WWE or even appearing to promote the game at this point"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1489 on: August 11, 2011, 12:34:56 PM »
http://allwrestling.com/News/38413/goldberg-return-before-end-2011/

In a recent autograph signing, the former WWE and WCW superstar Bill Goldberg, answered positively to the question of whether or not he would return to the square circle. The former World champion said he would like for his return to take place before the end of this year, but added the word "probably" to the statement. He also mentioned his ideal opponent for this hypothetical return would be Steve Austin, which might indicate his return will take place in the WWE.

As it is widely known, there had been negotiations between Goldberg and the WWE in the past year, but they fell apart when his requests were turned down and deemed unreasonable by WWE officials. With the lack of star-power WWE is now facing, it is probable the WWE has reconsidered its decision and have worked something out, much like they've done with Punk.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1490 on: August 11, 2011, 12:36:42 PM »
what a psycho...

Recently released WWE Diva Melina Perez stated on Twitter that she made the house show loop with John Morrison over the weekend, but she was not allowed at Monday's WWE Raw show. "I'm still fired," she wrote. "I had this trip planned prior. I stand by my man. I was told I couldn't go in the arena to watch. Funny." Follow her on Twitter at Twitter.com/RealMelina.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1491 on: August 11, 2011, 12:39:28 PM »
411mania

- WWE will be tape NXT, Smackdown and Superstars tomorrow in Sacramento, California and Sin Cara will be back in action. The plan is to have WWE developmental talent Hunico under the hood as Cara as the real Sin Cara's suspension has not yet ended.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1492 on: August 11, 2011, 12:44:11 PM »
Ring of Honor's next Internet PPV will be held on Saturday, September 17, the promotion announced Wednesday.

The "Death Before Dishonor" Internet PPV will air one week before ROH's new syndicated television program debuts on September 24 across Sinclair Broadcasting networks.

No matches have been announced yet for the Internet PPV from New York City. Tickets for the event are currently available at ROHWrestling.com.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1493 on: August 11, 2011, 12:54:26 PM »
pwinsider

- The Baltimore Sun wrestling writer Kevin Eck has been hired by WWE for the creative team. Eck will be the person that works with Triple H on talent grooming that we have wrote about recently. Word is that Eck will start with WWE the day after Summerslam.

- Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It’s also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Brisco Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA’s Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling – Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1494 on: August 11, 2011, 02:25:10 PM »
Diana Harts twitter:
""Does the reMARKable Michelle Cole have rabbies or perhaps mange.Just wondering because he is such a dog for a diva.That's what he is, right?"
"When Michael Hayes wrestled in Germany in late 70s as a transvestite,was his name Suzi Sykes or Suzy Sails?Any1 know?.He was quite the lady."
"Michelle Cole=reMARKable 2 staff&Vince 2.? wuld pedigree Harry b w/whores like MC.Recal erly days gttng wedgiedby HHH/DX &he cried onlive TV"
"Hope 2 have big news re plans 4 Harry & me & family business! Time 4 Harts &Smiths 2 work 2gethr again.Take back wrestlingJust watch and SEE"
"I agree but they never knew what to do w a WRESTLER.He is headed for Strikeforce, should be champion there one day."
"I predict Harry Smith(DH) will b the new Brock Lesnar 4 Strikeforce. Onward &Upward.Easy for 6'5" monster w strategy!Can't wait!"

DH Smith responds via facebook:
"In regards to my Mom's twitter remarks about Michael Cole and the WWE, these are only her opinions she's expressing. I hold no ill feelings towards the WWE, and I don't want it to look like I'm influencing these posts in any way shape or form. I'm a man of honor and integrity and try to be like my Grandfather Stu Hart. If I have something to say to or about someone I'll say it to their face. I really dislike twitter, so I can't post this myself on there."

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #1495 on: August 11, 2011, 03:03:34 PM »
Diana Harts twitter:
""Does the reMARKable Michelle Cole have rabbies or perhaps mange.Just wondering because he is such a dog for a diva.That's what he is, right?"
"When Michael Hayes wrestled in Germany in late 70s as a transvestite,was his name Suzi Sykes or Suzy Sails?Any1 know?.He was quite the lady."
"Michelle Cole=reMARKable 2 staff&Vince 2.? wuld pedigree Harry b w/whores like MC.Recal erly days gttng wedgiedby HHH/DX &he cried onlive TV"
"Hope 2 have big news re plans 4 Harry & me & family business! Time 4 Harts &Smiths 2 work 2gethr again.Take back wrestlingJust watch and SEE"
"I agree but they never knew what to do w a WRESTLER.He is headed for Strikeforce, should be champion there one day."
"I predict Harry Smith(DH) will b the new Brock Lesnar 4 Strikeforce. Onward &Upward.Easy for 6'5" monster w strategy!Can't wait!"

Wow.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1496 on: August 11, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
Linda McMahon told press in Connecticut last night that she will announce whether or not she will make another run at Senate before the end of September.

Greenwichtime.com reported today that Linda has already hired a campaign manager and has been calling Republican leaders in the state asking for support for a second run at the Senate this year.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1497 on: August 11, 2011, 04:35:54 PM »
Ring of Honor management are happy to announce that they have come to terms with Jay Lethal and he is now officially under ROH contract. The former ROH Pure Champion was a part of Ring of Honor from 2003 – 2006 and in that time frame captured the ROH Pure Title, contended for the ROH Tag Titles, and battled everyone from CM Punk to Samoa Joe to Christopher Daniels.

Returning to the fold at “Best in the World 2011”, Lethal defeated “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett and is now scheduled to challenge for the ROH World TV Title against champion El Generico THIS Saturday night in Chicago Ridge, IL!

“Jay Lethal is a wrestler that the ROH fans have watched grow up right in front of them.” Said ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, “From his days with Special K to his battles over the Pure Title, Jay Lethal became a man in front of the ROH fans and now that he’s back in Ring of Honor, we can all see how much of a fighter he has become. It’s exciting to have him back here with us, and I for one look forward to seeing him and Generico go at it on SBG TV!”

Tickets for this weekend’s SBG TV Tapings where Lethal will take on Generico are still available right here in the ROH Store: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php? dispatch=products.view&product_id=201!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1498 on: August 12, 2011, 06:37:39 AM »
what a psycho...

Recently released WWE Diva Melina Perez stated on Twitter that she made the house show loop with John Morrison over the weekend, but she was not allowed at Monday's WWE Raw show. "I'm still fired," she wrote. "I had this trip planned prior. I stand by my man. I was told I couldn't go in the arena to watch. Funny." Follow her on Twitter at Twitter.com/RealMelina.

"NO MORE BOOTY POPPING!! NO MORE SPLITS!!! NO MORE STINKFACES!!"

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1499 on: August 12, 2011, 06:29:47 PM »
WSBTV.com is reporting that a security officer Corinne Oliver is claiming that WWE star Heath Slater assaulted her over Wrestlemania weekend in Atlanta, Georgia back in April.

“When he grabbed me I immediately tried to grab his arms back. And I was saying ‘Turn me a loose.’ He wouldn’t turn me loose. I just started fighting with him, trying to get his arm from around my throat. (He kept) begging me to go to his room with him.”

wrestleview.com