Author Topic: Pittsburgh Pro Figure  (Read 49125 times)

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: Pittsburgh Pro Figure
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2007, 04:50:45 AM »
American uncle! I am Russian. I live and I shall live in Russia. I have served in the Military marine fleet of Russia of 15 years. I remember " cold war ". A striptease? I laugh. To look in the face and tell to me such, instead of to write in INTERNET. I simply would tear off to you a head.

Sorry to take thread back offtrack, but epic post from Alex...I love it haha!

To get back on track, something I have read posted by Jodi Miller before which I think is so valid. She said to compete for yourself, and let the placings only be icing on the cake. It can always be frustrating the judging, but if you took the stage and looked great - always be proud of that.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2007, 06:57:48 AM »
huge difference between stripper and go go dancer. check your facts.
now how is it related to discussing figure competition?
there are girls that do all kind of stuff to make a living, but how and what they do is really non of our business.

Huge difference? OOOOKAY.  ::)
!

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2007, 10:50:36 AM »
Huge difference? OOOOKAY.  ::)

go go dancer - not naked
stripper - naked
there are bodybuilders that dance too and there are even athletes that do much more than dance, but again how is it relevant to figure competitions? or should it influence the placing too?

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
Sorry to take thread back offtrack, but epic post from Alex...I love it haha!

To get back on track, something I have read posted by Jodi Miller before which I think is so valid. She said to compete for yourself, and let the placings only be icing on the cake. It can always be frustrating the judging, but if you took the stage and looked great - always be proud of that.

not true. we all train to win. we spend alot of time and money getting ready for shows and we do it to win. so i dont think that any figure competitor who loses the show because someone's boyfriend, husband, sponsor or friend has something to do about it would be happy with such outcome, just because she looks great.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2007, 11:15:13 AM »
go go dancer - not naked
stripper - naked
I know this, and that ain't a huge difference, babe.  ;) Especially when many of them engage in the exact same
"activities" when offstage.
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2007, 11:42:19 AM »
not true. we all train to win. we spend alot of time and money getting ready for shows and we do it to win. so i dont think that any figure competitor who loses the show because someone's boyfriend, husband, sponsor or friend has something to do about it would be happy with such outcome, just because she looks great.

LOL, calm down, I was trying to make a positive point, as I personally attempt to have a positive outlook much of the time. Yeah we all compete to win, but let's be real, a win at NPC level means a trophy, hardly a millon dollar prize that. Also, as I have said before figure is so subjective, it is hard to quantify the judging. Every show there can only be one overall winner, so that means plenty of women will be dissapointed if there only goal is to win, and not any personal satisfaction....

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2007, 12:06:24 PM »
I know this, and that ain't a huge difference, babe.  ;) Especially when many of them engage in the exact same
"activities" when offstage.

have you witnessed MANY of the girls engage in those "activities". trust me when i say this but not all girls sluts only because they dance.
actually your comments are quite offensive and completely out of line.

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2007, 12:08:38 PM »
LOL, calm down, I was trying to make a positive point, as I personally attempt to have a positive outlook much of the time. Yeah we all compete to win, but let's be real, a win at NPC level means a trophy, hardly a millon dollar prize that. Also, as I have said before figure is so subjective, it is hard to quantify the judging. Every show there can only be one overall winner, so that means plenty of women will be dissapointed if there only goal is to win, and not any personal satisfaction....

i was talking only about the fact that you said that we should be happy that we look good and thats all. you right there can only be winner, and not all the shows are fixed but it does happen alot.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: May 17, 2007, 12:15:44 PM »
have you witnessed MANY of the girls engage in those "activities". trust me when i say this but not all girls sluts only because they dance.
actually your comments are quite offensive and completely out of line.
Uhh...yes I have.  ;) What I was referring to is part of the job and how many make most of their money. I wasn't necessarily talking about sex, so that's where your mind went, not mine.
I never stated ALL girls that dance are sluts. I have an ex and a couple of friends that strip dance. Again, who's throwing out the names?
I could care less if you find what I said offensive. I speak truth because I know that scene. Well.  ;D
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #159 on: May 17, 2007, 12:20:16 PM »
i was talking only about the fact that you said that we should be happy that we look good and thats all. you right there can only be winner, and not all the shows are fixed but it does happen alot.

Sorry to seem argumentative, but I actually did not say that, I said 'compete for yourself and let placings be icing on the cake' and 'to be proud of looking good'....I would never state just be happy to look good, as I do subscribe to the notion of aiming high.

Btw, welcome, so few females here always nice to see more ;)

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #160 on: May 17, 2007, 12:48:13 PM »
Uhh...yes I have.  ;) What I was referring to is part of the job and how many make most of their money. I wasn't necessarily talking about sex, so that's where your mind went, not mine.
I never stated ALL girls that dance are sluts. I have an ex and a couple of friends that strip dance. Again, who's throwing out the names?
I could care less if you find what I said offensive. I speak truth because I know that scene. Well.  ;D

how great that you are so knowledgeble on the subject, but you still a rude, sexist and disrespectful. would be much more helpful if you would stay on the subject of figure and fitness as some of your posts were actually right on the money on the subject of our sport

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »
Sorry to seem argumentative, but I actually did not say that, I said 'compete for yourself and let placings be icing on the cake' and 'to be proud of looking good'....I would never state just be happy to look good, as I do subscribe to the notion of aiming high.

Btw, welcome, so few females here always nice to see more ;)

thank you for the welcome. sorry if I misunderstood your position.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: May 17, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »
how great that you are so knowledgeble on the subject, but you still a rude, sexist and disrespectful.
I love you too, baby.  :-*
!

NPCFigureChick

• Getbig II
« Reply #163 on: May 17, 2007, 01:14:04 PM »
I love you too, baby.  :-*

feeling is mutual  :-*

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #164 on: May 17, 2007, 01:16:37 PM »
thank you for the welcome. sorry if I misunderstood your position.

Hey no problem, sorry if I came across bitchy ;D

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #165 on: May 17, 2007, 04:52:08 PM »
As someone who has had to learn the hard way to compete only for herself, I'm here to tell you it can be done.  You just have to change your mindset; if you don't, you will forever be a hamster in the NPC wheel, allowing others to determine when you can run out of your cage.

There are politics.  There is subjectivity.  There is favoritism.  As Dina pointed out, those three factors are evident in almost every sport, every job, every faction of life.  It's just that the more subjective an activity is, the more evident these three things become when determining who wins the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow--whether it be in a sport or a career or a social group.

I would say train to win...aim for first place...reach sky high...grab the top prize.  But this isn't an industry in which those statements can become reality just with hard work and skill.  Because our placings aren't determined by hard work and/or skill and are instead based upon a very superficial, mere shell of our existence, we have to accept the fact that we become winners simply by reaching our own goals.  Thus, first place truly is icing on the proverbial cake.

I've won.  I've lost.  I've placed in between.  So I know firsthand that in the end, you have to compete for you or you will lose your sanity in the NPC/IFBB.  Until there is a solid rubric of judging standards and weighted percentages of judges' expectations, we can rarely expect to see fair and consistent judging across the board of this organization.

The more subjective an activity is, the more objective the judging criteria must be.  Change that, and you change the role that politics and favoritism play, no matter the activity.

Think about it this way:  there's no true money in this anyway, at least not the kind that will help you to invest in your future, to build a retirement safety net, to sustain a higher expectation of living.  In the end, it's all for the accolades, which mostly occur within.  The way I see it, my self-worth and pride are bigger, more meaningful prizes than any trophy.
Jodi

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #166 on: May 17, 2007, 11:20:15 PM »
The way I see it, my self-worth and pride are bigger, more meaningful prizes than any trophy.
Jodi!!!