Author Topic: Pittsburgh Pro Figure  (Read 49187 times)

robbie2075

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Pittsburgh Pro Figure
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2007, 02:47:50 PM »
Irina asked me to thank all the fans for tremendous support she received yesterday.

robbie2075

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2007, 02:53:28 PM »
1 more

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2007, 03:17:54 PM »
Bernadette looked great. We disagree, two individuals who see things differently. Why is it so hard to believe that a panel of judges have similar feelings? Oh, right I'm a kiss ass "company man" and my opinion is biased.

I personally like Juliana's look but she didn't make the top 20, does that mean I'm a kiss ass for that opinion as well?

I agree with you there. Juliana looked great. Easy top 10 and maybe higher.
And I agree with you on Bernadette looking  great and deserved top 5 no doubt, but the rest?
Sorry for company man comment, but seeing such obvious crap I got really upset.

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2007, 03:21:08 PM »
Bernadette Galvin looked amazing at this show, I must agree; I do see the improvements.

One thing to recognize about Figure is that it judges the shape of the physique before taking conditioning into consideration.  The judges want a very wide shoulder base, swooping lat structure, small waist, and a nice quad sweep that is slightly smaller than the upper body.  The taller girls will usually do better because the shorter girls carry more muscle in the lower body (Pauline--a beautiful competitor--being a case in point and someone who probably needs to come into the shows leaner as a result), which overshadows their upper bodies.

Once you understand what Figure actually is and how it is judged for the most part, then you will gain a better understanding of why certain girls place where they do, even if they have better ab structures and more striations than the girls at the top of the ranks.  Politics will always be a factor, but there is a bit of rhyme and reason that goes into selecting the various call outs and placings.

Jodi,
Thanks for making us understand that physiques with no abs and obvious flab are normal for top 5 girls.
Sonia and Shannon are what top 5 should look like and thats the criteria. Not low fat, v-taper, six pack, quad separation and look like the girl actually been to the gym are not standard in IFBB.

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2007, 03:39:53 PM »
Antonio, that isn't what I said.  I stated that figure examines a competitor's shape first and conditioning second.  If you were to draw an outline of a competitor's physique and compare it to another competitor's outline, that is the deciding factor in figure.  One's conditioning will create that shape, so some girls need to be leaner than others in order to attain that shape, and others work better with a softer look.  Conditioning is simply a means to an end in regards to figure.  This is opposed to bodybuilding, where conditioning is a primary factor, and the development of the muscle bellies is used to create the X-shape that the judges want.
Jodi

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2007, 04:13:46 PM »
I know exactly what Figure means but thanks again for the lesson.
Here is a question who is closer to Monica Brant and Jenny Lynn, Irina and Pauline or Shannon and Sonia?
Either way you look they didnt belong there. Bernadette is much closer in look to top IFBB girls and she resembled more girls who placed out of top 5.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2007, 04:53:24 PM »
AntonioC as we can all tell by now, you have a raging hardon for the European women and God Bless ya son, but Pauline did not deserve to be in the top 5 at this show. I like her, she's nice and a very beautiful woman but she was not lean enough to be in the top 5.

What were your top 5 if you were a judge?

Elevate Your Image.™

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 06:29:58 PM »
AntonioC as we can all tell by now, you have a raging hardon for the European women and God Bless ya son, but Pauline did not deserve to be in the top 5 at this show. I like her, she's nice and a very beautiful woman but she was not lean enough to be in the top 5.

What were your top 5 if you were a judge?

As I can tell by now, you still cant have a decent "challenge IFBB" debate as for your obvious interest.
I dont care whether it's American or European or Australian athlete, but when you see such obvious screw up, you must state the obvious. By the way if you check Ale'x post about another Russian athlete, I strongly disagreed with him on that one as I said she must first compete agains elite athletes to prove herself.
When you watch the Olympia you see girls like Devana, Jenny, Christine, Monica, Amber placing in the top 5 and they all look like they actually work out. And then at Pittsburgh Pro girls that resemble top 5 at the O dont place, while girls that look that they never stepped in the gym place in top 5.
One more thing if I have a raging hard on as you say for European girls you have an obvious hard on for IFBB.

Conor

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »
And then at Pittsburgh Pro girls that resemble top 5 at the O dont place, while girls that look that they never stepped in the gym place in top 5.

AntonioC, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

(Thank you Billy Madison!)

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2007, 07:33:56 PM »
Conor, that was a class act response. You should feel alittle smarter now. And this is not about Sonia or anyone in particular, but about how the shows are judged again and again. 
Many girls who looked great didnt place and many girls that placed didnt deserve what they got.

Conor

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2007, 08:14:11 PM »
Conor, that was a class act response. You should feel alittle smarter now. And this is not about Sonia or anyone in particular, but about how the shows are judged again and again. 
Many girls who looked great didnt place and many girls that placed didnt deserve what they got.

Thanks, but I have to give credit to the script writers of the classics of modern cinema — "Billy Madison" — for it.

And sorry, but when you say something as idiotic as some of the girls in the top 5 look like they've never stepped in a gym, you automatically lose all credibility and all statements henceforth are null and void.

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2007, 08:19:36 PM »
Conor, I said some of the girls in top 5. And you right they all great athletes but it will always come down to some of the coming in alittle off in any given show.
This is about judging once again. It shouldnt matter if the athlete looked good before or if an athlete competes for a first time. It should be judged on what they look on a day of the show.

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2007, 08:22:31 PM »
Look it all comes down to who you know.  Who your sponsor is and who is backing you.  Look at Monica, she won;t win a show cause she shot down Manions son.  She has awesome "shape and conditioning" and has gotten screwed numerous times.  Its always about who represents you!!!  Ask Ron(I think it was him who asked her), a few years ago he asked Monica at O a  question, why she kept commin in second or something like that, she declined to comment.  Also, Obviously some of you didn't attend the show.  The people in the audience when nuts when Irina stepped on stage!!!  She looked like she could be top 10 on O stage.  Obviously the judges were bias, but what do you expect, this is IFBB.  Plus Irina has no sponsor!!  Look don't get me wrong, the Girl 's who came in 3rd and I think 4th(mean no disrespect of not remembering your names) looked decent and better then the winner.  I think if you want to look more toward "shape", make 2 Different Figure contest.  One for Bikini Models where conditioning is second and HIGH BF% is first and for women who have muscles, abs and leg separation and low body fat!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2007, 08:58:58 PM »
Conor, I said some of the girls in top 5.

I saw Irina few times at Diamond and even 3 weeks out she looked better than any of the girls in top 5, especially Shannon, which was an obvious gift.
Pauline from Sweden, Irina from Russian got robbed.
Sounds like you're making it personal and yes, you did say ANY of the girls in the top 5.

Suprise an outcome to a show that everyone isn't happy with who da thunk it.

Conor - Shampoo goes on before conditioner.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2007, 09:14:54 PM »
Who your sponsor is and who is backing you.
I don't recall who Bernadette, Amy, Elisha's sponsors are or who is backing them, mind sharing?
Elevate Your Image.™

jakkedmofo

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 11:19:14 PM »
Antonio C is right about Irina, but dead wrong about Pauline.  Pauline's been MUCH sharper in the past, and could legitimately gripe about placings in those shows. However, she was definitely off at this show, and was placed fairly although you could possibly have placed her 2 or 3 spots higher.
I doubt the IFBB judges are biased against Europeans, although one could see how Antonio could have this opinion.  I think it's more of that age-old, completely idiotic theory that certain new pros need to "pay their dues" and "let the judges see their faces a couple of times" before they start getting their proper placings.  Not all girls, and not every show, but it's as good a guess as any to explain the

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2007, 12:47:21 AM »
 8)

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2007, 03:02:09 AM »
Alex, you just proved my point with that pic of Irina and Natali. Both looked unreal both got screwed. Were they even compared with any of the top 5? I very much doubt they were.

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2007, 10:19:24 AM »
I agree with you guys on that, Natali and Irina looked unreal, the pic of those two is unreal!!! :o

Lena

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »
Any pics of Pauline??

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!

Fit Gourmet

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2007, 02:17:26 PM »
I like the back and forth. At least people are talking about Figure again. I hope to sponsor a couple of shows some day and I hope my girls get special treatment. Because, it's a lot of money. Ha, Ha, Ha. Just joking. Welcome back Antonio (Dad). I understand your point!!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2007, 02:26:55 PM »
I don't recall who Bernadette, Amy, Elisha's sponsors are or who is backing them, mind sharing?

Still waiting for a response.  ;D
Elevate Your Image.™

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2007, 02:51:25 PM »
And then at Pittsburgh Pro girls that resemble top 5 at the O dont place, while girls that look that they never stepped in the gym place in top 5.

Well that's a little harsh Antonio ;) Come on now... where are you at where Sonia and Shannon (and the rest of the top 5) don't look like they go to the gym??? I get what your trying to say but come on. They looked great, maybe not as hard as your favorites but they did look great.

Let's not get into putting anyone down! It's subjective remember?
M

gymrat3082

• Getbig II
  • NPC Bodybuilder
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2007, 08:24:08 PM »
Still waiting for a response.  ;D
Yo lift, my bad son I didn't know you were waitin for my response, I'm not a puppet like you, I'm not out to agree with the wrong!! Cause un like you I  don;t work for the Business....Well if they don't have a sponsor, I am sorry.  Sorry I was not correct, my bad I feel like a judge I made a BOOBOO!!! Look I get the fact that it was her first show and she has to earn it.  But out of top 15... Out of Top 10, that  was alittle much.  Look we all know this is one of IFBB all time fuck ups.