Author Topic: Pittsburgh Pro Figure  (Read 49127 times)

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: Pittsburgh Pro Figure
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2007, 04:23:49 AM »
Actually, according to her website, Sonia Adcock (the winner) is actually an FMG athlete (as are many of the Manion girls), and they recently got her a contract with Met-rx.
So Gymrat is right.....she does have some of the "right" people behind her... :-X.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2007, 06:08:18 AM »
Actually, according to her website, Sonia Adcock (the winner) is actually an FMG athlete (as are many of the Manion girls), and they recently got her a contract with Met-rx.
So Gymrat is right.....she does have some of the "right" people behind her... :-X.
Read what I wrote bright eyes - I don't recall who Bernadette, Amy, Elisha's sponsors are or who is backing them, mind sharing?

Every woman wants a sponsorship and then when the fortunate few get one and they win, people claim that's why she won. It's total bullshit to diminish someone's efforts because they have a sponsorship. Just because they have a sponsorship and "the right management" doesn't mean they are going to win or place.

Give the women a little credit, it all it took was the right sponsor the women wouldn't have to diet, show up with powdered donuts on their suit and take home first every time.
Elevate Your Image.™

Alex

• Getbig IV
  • If bodybuilding was easy, everyone would be big!
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2007, 06:31:19 AM »
Every woman wants a sponsorship and then when the fortunate few get one and they win, people claim that's why she won. It's total bullshit to diminish someone's efforts because they have a sponsorship. Just because they have a sponsorship and "the right management" doesn't mean they are going to win or place.

It is impossible to be the winner without the present financial support. The beautiful suit, a make-up, a hairdress, shoes are money. Work of the stylist - money. But... If there are no natural data and desire to train (to work on a victory) - will not help what material support. Forgive for my disgusting English.

Alex

• Getbig IV

tigereyes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2007, 08:01:21 AM »
Let me clarify...

I am not in any way trying to say that any of those ladies did not work their butts off to get where they are.  Who am I to say that.  All I was doing was responding to the question about who had sponsors.  I really couldn't say who "should have" won or placed or anything like that.  In all honesty, I don't completely understand how figure is judged and how they determine what is too muscular vs. what is the right shape, etc-.  All of those women have great physiques, and really any of them could have been top 5 depending on what specifically is being rewarded that day, and sometimes it seems like that changes from show to show(which is probably the bigger issue here).

Again, don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to take credit away from the winners.  I was just giving Lift an answer to his question.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2007, 08:31:37 AM »
Let me clarify...

I am not in any way trying to say that any of those ladies did not work their butts off to get where they are.  Who am I to say that.  All I was doing was responding to the question about who had sponsors.  I really couldn't say who "should have" won or placed or anything like that.  In all honesty, I don't completely understand how figure is judged and how they determine what is too muscular vs. what is the right shape, etc-.  All of those women have great physiques, and really any of them could have been top 5 depending on what specifically is being rewarded that day, and sometimes it seems like that changes from show to show(which is probably the bigger issue here).

Again, don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to take credit away from the winners.  I was just giving Lift an answer to his question.
LOL! You have yet to provide an answer to my question. Third time might be a charm,  I don't recall who Bernadette, Amy, Elisha's sponsors are or who is backing them, mind sharing?
Elevate Your Image.™

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2007, 09:45:46 AM »
LOL! You have yet to provide an answer to my question. Third time might be a charm,  I don't recall who Bernadette, Amy, Elisha's sponsors are or who is backing them, mind sharing?

You dont recall because they probably dont have one, as you "in the know for sure" being IFBB rep on this board.
The fact remains there were about 30 athletes on stage some better than others and the show was a joke. Maybe it has to do with  contracts, maybe not or maybe with previous placings, who knows. All it takes is just to compare some of top 5 girls here with any of the top 5 at the Olympia and it wasnt even close.  No way should Shannon be placed even in top 15. Bernadette, Amy were good, so no problem there. The more important question is why Pauline Nordin, Irina Mishina, Juliana Malacarne, Natalie Benson, Mari Kudla placed so low. Either one of them was a lock for top 10. And even though Natalie was 10th there is no way in hell she was not good enough to crack top 5, especially with Shannon being there. I saw comparisons on MD website and they were not even compared with top 5 group. It is a subjective sport, and no athete should be disrespected but these athletes train very hard and deserve to be compared with others and deserve to be placed according to what they look on that given day and not on previous accomplishements or anything else.

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2007, 11:21:25 AM »
You dont recall because they probably dont have one, as you "in the know for sure" being IFBB rep on this board.

Lift "in the know"????  Hahahaha.... he is a punk. 

Please... Don't inflate his ego and make him think he is somebody in the world or BB & Fitness.

Sorry Hinds but I've done waaay more for the sport than you could hope to... Had to bring you back to earth.

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2007, 01:52:37 PM »
The fact remains there were about 30 athletes on stage some better than others and the show was a joke. Maybe it has to do with  contracts, maybe not or maybe with previous placings, who knows. All it takes is just to compare some of top 5 girls here with any of the top 5 at the Olympia and it wasnt even close.  No way should Shannon be placed even in top 15. Bernadette, Amy were good, so no problem there. The more important question is why Pauline Nordin, Irina Mishina, Juliana Malacarne, Natalie Benson, Mari Kudla placed so low. Either one of them was a lock for top 10. And even though Natalie was 10th there is no way in hell she was not good enough to crack top 5, especially with Shannon being there. I saw comparisons on MD website and they were not even compared with top 5 group. It is a subjective sport, and no athete should be disrespected but these athletes train very hard and deserve to be compared with others and deserve to be placed according to what they look on that given day and not on previous accomplishements or anything else.

Oh Antonio I see your frustration. I too have been upset over how the judges will place certain athletes over others. I agree with you that Natalie and Juliana should have been in top 5 (at least from the photos). Both in my opinion were phenominal at that show. However, I don't agree with the others you say should have placed higher. Which leads us back to one thing, it is very subjective. Now I know, we all know, there is politics involved, politics play a role in everything in life. You know it can be all about who is your trainer, your manager, your boyfriend, your bootie call, your best friend or the honest winner. You don't get this far in the IFBB and not know this. So if they are there, they choose to be. It's not that I agree with it but it is what it is... You either learn to play by the rules or get out.
M

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2007, 02:08:37 PM »
I don't recall who Bernadette, Amy, Elisha's sponsors are...

She is a wonderful young lady, and a friend of mine, so I’m too biased to join this "debate."

But just for the record…
Amy Fry is sponsored by EAS.

Cindy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • www.rippedacademy.com
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2007, 02:41:52 PM »
Oh Antonio I see your frustration. I too have been upset over how the judges will place certain athletes over others. I agree with you that Natalie and Juliana should have been in top 5 (at least from the photos). Both in my opinion were phenominal at that show. However, I don't agree with the others you say should have placed higher. Which leads us back to one thing, it is very subjective. Now I know, we all know, there is politics involved, politics play a role in everything in life. You know it can be all about who is your trainer, your manager, your boyfriend, your bootie call, your best friend or the honest winner. You don't get this far in the IFBB and not know this. So if they are there, they choose to be. It's not that I agree with it but it is what it is... You either learn to play by the rules or get out.

Hey Ms Bell!!,
Very Well Stated!!
O

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2007, 03:35:32 PM »
mbell

You either learn to play by the rules or get out.

:-\

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2007, 03:56:11 PM »
mbell

:-\

Now now Alex, not quite like that! ;)
M

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2007, 04:44:52 PM »
Lift "in the know"????  Hahahaha.... he is a punk. 

Please... Don't inflate his ego and make him think he is somebody in the world or BB & Fitness.

Sorry Hinds but I've done waaay more for the sport than you could hope to... Had to bring you back to earth.
Yeah that lift is a real punk. Do you want a Scooby Snack for all you've done for the sport?

::)
Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2007, 04:46:46 PM »
Tony boy have you ever been to a figure competition?

Elevate Your Image.™

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
LOL! Your booty call.

Ma Bell nice to see you come back to life here. Now watch that pesky Malibu Barbie will be next.
Elevate Your Image.™

AntonioC

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: May 08, 2007, 06:20:57 PM »
Now now Alex, not quite like that! ;)

Actually I think he might be not so far from the truth.
Top 5 should've definately included Juliana, Irina and Natalie. Just check some feedback from people who were there. And if not top 5 then atleast top 10 and that would deefinately have to include Pauline Nordin too. I mean just look at her. Yes she was slightly off but not worse than any of the top 5 except Bernadette and maybe Amy.
So the only logic behind the above mentioned girls not placing how they were actually supposed to has to either be nationality or the fact that they are new to the scene and have to pay their dues. Or like you said somebody's girlfriend, wife, booty call, etc. In either cases it's wrong.

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: May 08, 2007, 07:05:10 PM »
LOL! Your booty call.

Ma Bell nice to see you come back to life here. Now watch that pesky Malibu Barbie will be next.

Malibu Barbie, I wonder where she is? Her and PBF have been MIA, I miss them both.  ;)

Well at least all this "judging" controversy gives us something to bitch about! :-*

So, who do you think will win this years Olympia??? Will Davana come back to regain her title,  will they finally give it to Mo the fan favorite? The saga begins ;)
M

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: May 08, 2007, 07:47:05 PM »
PBF in da house....
I just sent you a note but to work...

Hmmm judging from the pictures is hard.. I like Bernadette. I am not a fan of Sonias.. she has lovely shoulders but her mid section needs to be slimmer and tighter IMHO  and we all got opinions.

I prefer a healthier, more curvier look than a super dry one...  mad props to all the ladies though for working so hard.

I would like to see Adela and Val in a line-up... Adela could be both Fitness and Figure O winner
I think she has a nice curvy package, but I love Vals as well...

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: May 09, 2007, 01:32:49 AM »
figure I compare c figure skating. Estimations - are subjective.
When there is no:
- above
- is faster
- more strongly
ALWAYS SUBJECTIVELY

To all interlocutors of health, forces and happiness! Yours Iron Bull

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: May 09, 2007, 05:13:16 AM »
The show to watch will be in Houston where Val, Adela and Monica will all be on the same stage.

Elevate Your Image.™

Alex

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: May 09, 2007, 06:13:22 AM »
The show to watch will be in Houston where Val, Adela and Monica will all be on the same stage.

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2007, 06:20:09 AM »
Yeah that lift is a real punk. Do you want a Scooby Snack for all you've done for the sport?

Sure... sounds good... My snacks vary from day to day though, so the next time I see you I will let you know... might be a Mountain Dew and Snickers who knows.

mbell

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2007, 06:54:39 AM »

Daaaaaaayyummmmmmm that is one show I am sad I am going to miss. Those three ladies are going ot ROCK the stage. I can't wait!!! What is the date of that show anyways?

Hi PBF, don't be a stranger, we miss you  :-*
M

Scooby

• Getbig II
  • Can you dig it?
« Reply #74 on: May 09, 2007, 07:09:10 AM »
Wow that picture is deceiving... should have made it closer to the true height differences... Adela looks huge and thick when you make her 7 inches taller, and the height diff between Mo and Val is like 3 inches probably. The call out with those 3 will look like an NPC overall comparison with class winners.

Adela and I go waaay back and I love her alot... but if Val is on (not like that one show), and Mo comes prepared to win... I personally think the battle is between those 2. 

Adela will have to streamline her shape just a little... I'm not sure her full, rounded muscle will compare well against longer, leaner muscle.  Even though that picture is off in height ratio, it does demonstrate what I'm talking about.  Adela has a dynamite physique compared to other fitness girls... but in this judging line-up Adela will be standing next to longer, leaner muscle and will look out of place.  If the judges do have Adela's physique in first place, it may really mess with the rest of the placings... since they will use Adela as the model and judge backwards from her.