Author Topic: New NPC Women's Physique Division for 2011  (Read 97253 times)

2hot4u

• Getbig I
Re: New Women's Physique Division
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2010, 07:32:20 AM »
so are you here to judge  who is qualified?  this thread was very informative but if you are going to turn it into a bash this competitor or that competitor then i am very disappointed and Bob this just shows why we should just stop being a part of the npc and spread that word.  
Thanks for proving my point...

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2010, 07:37:29 AM »
so are you here to judge  who is qualified?

Settle down, brah. Just giving my opinion. This is more the ideal imo-

You know, not looking like the angel of death.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2010, 09:13:46 AM »
So if this is the last year for fbb then how will we be judged at the shows in 2011??  I had planned on the Masters Nationals and North Americans?  I don't know how to train or eat at this point??  Wanted to try to earn my pro card.  Now I ask myself "why"  it won't be good as a bb in 2012 even if i could compete in the new physique i still have to diet and cardio off my hard earned muscle.  

So, the question is where do we go from here?  If i start to downsize and do the shows in 2011 am i then going to be beat by the bigger girls?  or balls to the wall and stay with the existing criteria and compete in 2011 to after then downsize???  

When is this going to be determined for sure so we can plan on what to do from here?  thanks cause i need to figure out what to eat and train!!

Good questions, which I'm sure are shared by others as well...

I guess you could look at it a few different ways, finishing a goal you started, or re-structuring what your ultimate goal is for the future.  The future lies with the WPD.

This I can assure you....this is not rumor or idle talk...there are no less than 6 shows being put into place as we speak, as pro qualifiers for the new WPD. A pro division will be set up to kick off at the start of the 2012 season.

It all depends on what your individual goals are...if the new division appeals to you, then I would suggest adusting your program to fit into the new crieria....size will no NO factor in it just as its not in the figure/ fitness/ bikini divisions..... so no, you wont be getting beat by the "big girls"...

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2010, 09:21:20 AM »
Will female bb as we know it today eventually disappear?

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2010, 10:52:11 AM »
Will female bb as we know it today eventually disappear?

Lets hope so!

debbiebramwell

• Getbig I
« Reply #130 on: October 21, 2010, 11:12:19 AM »
Question..will all the pro fbbrs be already qualifed to compete in this new division if they choose too? I am personally ok with downsizing(was planning on it anways)Or do we have to requalify?  I know that I can cross over to figure as a pro now but it seems from another post here you said we would have to requalify which doesnt make sense. lso when will more details be shared with all of us so we know what to expect for next year? Thanks Bob

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #131 on: October 21, 2010, 11:34:49 AM »
Bob is probably too nice to say it, but I don't think current pro female bodybuilders are welcome in the new FPD. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #132 on: October 21, 2010, 11:36:26 AM »
The new division will be impossible to judge in any kind of objective way. Bodybuilding is already subjective as it is but since size and conditioning won't be decisive factors anymore the judging will, I think, be based on "attractiveness". No one will know how to "train" for it.

I don't think it will become any more popular either. The fitness and figure girls today are slamming androgens in amounts that would make Cory Everson piss her pants, so no, womens "bodybuilding" will never go back to what it was in the 80s. If it did, the WPD girls would be smaller, smoother and less virilized than the fitness girls today.  ;)

bigmike99

• Getbig II
« Reply #133 on: October 21, 2010, 11:45:05 AM »
Wont matter anyway.  This is an organization run by men who decide what the women should look like.  Muscle size and conditioning no longer matter so it will be another beauty contest with some muscle.  Older girls need not apply as the judges will eventually choose younger prettier girls.  It has now become a T&A show like the other divisions.

debbiebramwell

• Getbig I
« Reply #134 on: October 21, 2010, 11:46:19 AM »
Bob is probably too nice to say it, but I don't think current pro female bodybuilders are welcome in the new FPD.  

there are profbbrs who have competed in figure so they were able to crossover. So the same rules should apply or it wouldnt make any sense.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2010, 11:49:59 AM »
Question..will all the pro fbbrs be already qualifed to compete in this new division if they choose too? I am personally ok with downsizing(was planning on it anways)Or do we have to requalify?  I know that I can cross over to figure as a pro now but it seems from another post here you said we would have to requalify which doesnt make sense. lso when will more details be shared with all of us so we know what to expect for next year? Thanks Bob

Hey Deb-

The details are being worked on as we speak, criteria and guidelines are being outlined and shows are being put into place (there will be no less than 6 qualifying shows in 2011, with a pro division to be in place starting the 2012 season.

No, as a pro, you will not have to RE-Q, as you will simply be able to compete in the WPD if you should choose.

We'll be issuing a "official" statement as soon as were prepared and details are in place...until then, feel free to ask any questions you wish...I'll be more than happy to give you answers

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #136 on: October 21, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »
What amounts have you heard?  :D

Just based on observation. Take the girl you posted earlier and then compare to Ms O line-ups of early 1980s. How many of them had these capped delts for example... maybe they didn't believe in lateral raises? :D

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 21, 2010, 11:51:17 AM »
Women in Thongs is serious biznis.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »
The new division will be impossible to judge in any kind of objective way. Bodybuilding is already subjective as it is but since size and conditioning won't be decisive factors anymore the judging will, I think, be based on "attractiveness". No one will know how to "train" for it.

I don't think it will become any more popular either. The fitness and figure girls today are slamming androgens in amounts that would make Cory Everson piss her pants, so no, womens "bodybuilding" will never go back to what it was in the 80s. If it did, the WPD girls would be smaller, smoother and less virilized than the fitness girls today.  ;)

yep...and they also said Figure would bomb, as well as the 202 and Bikini....

Like all things, the answer usually lies "in the middle", which is where most of the questions will be answered.  

debbiebramwell

• Getbig I
« Reply #139 on: October 21, 2010, 11:58:46 AM »
my question now is how d I quote someone here  lol   Thanks Bob I appreciate all the answers and feedback. I of course want all woman to be able to be able to compete and lift as they choose and have somewhere
 do that. I personally love the idea of getting smaller and girls being more healthy and natural. Im genetically not a small girl so I will compete and place where I place ;)

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #140 on: October 21, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
Just based on observation. Take the girl you posted earlier and then compare to Ms O line-ups of early 1980s. How many of them had these capped delts for example... maybe they didn't believe in lateral raises? :D

Gotcha. Some girls have told me they use synthol in the delts, I think it would be pretty hard to actually develop them to the extent some have without the front delt growing (even just from laterals...)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 21, 2010, 12:10:44 PM »
my question now is how d I quote someone here  lol   Thanks Bob I appreciate all the answers and feedback. I of course want all woman to be able to be able to compete and lift as they choose and have somewhere
 do that. I personally love the idea of getting smaller and girls being more healthy and natural. Im genetically not a small girl so I will compete and place where I place ;)

Glad you're on  board. , would be the key, as were looking to provide a platform that will promote women who like to train while preserving a healthy, athletic, feminine look.  Women who feel like this would be a good fit, should be looking to not scale back the training in the gym, but rather the diet/ supplement programs....

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #142 on: October 21, 2010, 12:11:06 PM »
Top woman bodybuilders in the 80s. Which current division would they fit in? Bikini? Clearly not enough androgens and GH for fitness or figure.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2010, 12:13:55 PM »
my question now is how d I quote someone here  lol   Thanks Bob I appreciate all the answers and feedback. I of course want all woman to be able to be able to compete and lift as they choose and have somewhere

theres a button on the upper right hand corner that says "quote" hit that one to "quote" someone.

and remember this isnt rx muscle! :)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #144 on: October 21, 2010, 12:17:06 PM »
Top woman bodybuilders in the 80s. Which current division would they fit in? Bikini? Clearly not enough androgens and GH for fitness or figure.

they wouldnt place in a bikini show.

but wait! what are the judging guidelines for bikini? Bob can u answer this? Because the judging for bikini is all over the place. It seems like the judges just pick who they'd like to fuck the most.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: October 21, 2010, 12:22:39 PM »

but wait! what are the judging guidelines for bikini? Bob can u answer this? Because the judging for bikini is all over the place. It seems like the judges just pick who they'd like to fuck the most.

what other criteria should there be for a bikini contest?  who has the sunniest personality?  ???

jlb001

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2010, 12:23:35 PM »
Interesting stuff.....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: October 21, 2010, 12:25:09 PM »

Yeah, I can answer this easily.

First, using footage from the early 80's to try and draw a comparison is ridiculous....if we adjust for the changing of the times, then clearly these women would be suitable for the WPD....as they are in the clip...they would be in figure.

As in any sport, comparing athletes decades apart is unfair and doesnt necessarily compute...

Here is a shot of Gladys just a few years after that appearance on Regis...you tell me where she fits

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #148 on: October 21, 2010, 12:25:16 PM »

haha, that is crazy

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 21, 2010, 12:31:36 PM »

The board of governors votes for the president ....question is, who didnt?

People love Jim Manion, as he has given a lot of people a great oppportunity to make a living from a sport we love...

Now answer my question...