Author Topic: Admitting to Steroids  (Read 9941 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Admitting to Steroids
« on: September 16, 2005, 10:12:03 PM »
How many of you admit to using steroids? Obviously a lot of us on this board use gear, and more than likely get asked this question more often than not.  Personally, I hate lying to people, but I know I can't go out telling every one that yeah I use steroids. Very few people know that I use, and I would just assume keep it that way simply for the fact that it has such a demonizing way about it.  One thing I get sick of is this little tid bit I hear a lot, and it goes like this, "yeah, I could get as big as you if I did one cycle, but I am going to do it the right way." I mean come on, it's like these idiots think that if they did a cycle they would be the next Mr. Olympia champion.  Now I know that I still have along way to go and I will continue to improve myself, and yeah steroids will play a part in that. It just really pisses me off when idiots think that steroids are the only reason I have made any progress in the first place. It also reallypisses me off when these same people say that they are going to train naturally because they are worried about their health, but of coarse then they immediately go out and get plastered on a nightly basis, and then fill their fat guts up with Krystal's and Waffle House, no doubt picture perfect specimens of pure health. Well, that's it for my ranting tonight.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Admitting to Steroids
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 06:32:06 AM »
Yeah try not to tell anyone really.  People you tell in confidence like to yap a lot to others. To your face they may be cool with it but when they get with all the missinformed and haters they will stab your back and talk you down. 

Also someone may be malicious to you later if they think you wronged them and then they could just rat you out.

My rule is my supplier and a select group of other users are the only ones I talk about it with.  If someone asks you say its the new protein powder you are using.  I also believe you should not lie about it to someone TRULY close to you.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 01:26:18 PM »
It also reallypisses me off when these same people say that they are going to train naturally because they are worried about their health, but of coarse then they immediately go out and get plastered on a nightly basis, and then fill their fat guts up with Krystal's and Waffle House, no doubt picture perfect specimens of pure health. Well, that's it for my ranting tonight.
Good point.  I train natural, but don't think I could look like Coleman on a cycle.  Genetics play the biggest role, but sometimes without gear, people couldn't attain much without it.  I see it every day in the gym.  Nothing morally wrong with gear and really on a moderate level, no health problems I bet.  I just don't take it because I figure once you go that road, it's a matter of how much you take for how long and it just gets progressive.  Everybody has their thing though, it's just not mine.
That would irritate me though, someone blabbing about health reasons...unless you do mad gear for mad long, there shouldn't be much risk.  Even more annoying is someone thinking you made your gains from gear, when you take nothing.  So maybe that will make you feel better.
N

scooter

• Getbig III
  • the fvckin priest deserved to die
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 03:53:46 PM »
well said people say you have gained all that because of gear it is not true you have to work hard eat and train right or all the gear in the world is useless

Mohummed Goatboy

• Getbig III
  • ©2004, Goatboy Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 04:10:17 PM »
you have to work hard eat and train right or all the gear in the world is useless

I don't work out...

I just take a lot of gear because I really enjoy being pissed-off all the time.
knnyhole

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 06:41:55 PM »
.  I also believe you should not lie about it to someone TRULY close to you.

what if that somebody is hell bent on you not doing it.....thats the only freakin thing holding me back...my gf hears all the cons against it...ive talked till im blue in the face about the pros, and how little the cons are if smart about what your doing..but to no avail she thinks with my already short temper i'll acquire roid rage and harm myself and others....sorry for interrupting your thread arnold jr.....but can anybody in this council give me a site or advise on this subject.

xkol

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 06:56:26 PM »
yg maybe u can show her this vid on gear, its a real good watch

http://www.elitefitness.com/articledata/hbosteroids/

right click then save as on the  "HBO Real Sports Steroid Special" link, its 44mb

young guns

• Getbig IV
  • being mortal sucks...
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 07:29:05 PM »
thanks for the info bro.

hank

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 12:36:36 PM »
at some point in your training, especially after using, smart people will just know that you use. People ask me all the time...I just tell them I take alot of protein, gultamine and No-Explode. Most people dont believe that and will say something along the lines of 'if you dont mind I would like to talk to you about training and supps and get your help...'
some people just come up and ask what im using, not if im using. Its amusing. Its more fun to just come up with different types of off the wall supplements...
And behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
Re: Admitting to Steroids - Not ashamed
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2005, 09:38:00 PM »
I am tired of dancing around the reality of this
thread/topic, (not here) in life though.

I started the process that  I am now firmly commited to, started as
a Google search - Aids Wasting Treatments, about 6 years ago.
They recommended Test (androgens), Deca (anabolic) and HgH to
people that are suffering from tissue loss...
BTW, I DO NOT have Aids...Just old ;)

The RIGHT drugs
in the RIGHT amounts
and RIGHT combinations
are absolutely safe!!!!

They WILL NOT harm a person ravaged with AIDS - cannot possibly hurt me!!!
I am well versed in this field, tried to tell former wife this - no LUCK!

At 45 years of age - there IS NO WAY in hell that I could maintain my youth
the way I have IF it were'nt for healthy eating, living/lifestyle and a lifetime
commited (exercise related) activities. The addition of A D V A N C E D suppliments
of today - especially HRT IS legal at my age does help in prudent doses.

I too am tired of hiding behind the softly spoken truths of potentially awesome drugs.
I started with these hormone suppliments late (late 30s) in life and no longer want to BS or
beat around the bush. I am a well informed adult (we all are) dammit!
I have told ALL significant people in my life - not ashamed - not flaunting it.

The OLD (possibly innocent) *do you take steroids??* my response is
generally *ya I spinkle D'bol on my wheaties at breakfast - shuts em' right up
but probablly only furthers curiousity.

GREAT table topic though!!!Touched a nerve here. . .
1 life 1 liver

arnold2000

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2005, 06:59:57 AM »
I would tell my doctor.
They are usually understanding and will look after your health, since you are putting stress on your body from this.
I have always had cool docs about this.
None of them have ever given me any problems , plus they will help you with your blodd tests!

bigjohN79

• Getbig IV
  • FEAR THE BOG!!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2005, 05:08:00 PM »
No one close to me knows that I use or used.  And even some of my closest friends I will never admit to.  Its just something that no one really has business of knowing IMO.
FEAR THE BAPP!

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2005, 06:50:18 PM »
thats right!  only a couple of my close friends know, my dad does and my supplier which in fact i have never met in person. my mom (which i hardly talk to) will never know, and alot oof people ask me and no matter what i say they think im lying even when i wasnt even using, i didnt even start my journey and people were already accusing me, going to parties random people asking me what im on, its nice people obviously think im big but gets very annoying quick, no matter what i say, im lying to these people but fuck em right, they have NO business knowing what i do in my life. word of advice, anyone out there that thinks its cool to go up to someone they think is juicing, without knowing or even knowing them personally, and go up to them and ask them if their using and rude about it, get that shit checked, ur going to get a fist full right in their mouths if they keep getting in our  businesses. its not cool.

muscle

muscle
muscle

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 06:55:11 PM »
I have no problem saying I used roids.  When I first started competing I was beating guys heavier than me but losing to some who were smaller but faster.  Guys would asked me what i was on and didn't know what they were talking about.  They told me I would be unbeatable if I started taking roids.  They told me every single competitor takes them in the pros.  So I did and I kicked ass.  I did them for about 6 months straight with no tim off.  Mostly Test cypionate 200mg.   1cc a day for 6 months plus a little Anadrol some D-bol and primabolan.  Got me strong as hell and look good too.  After the Worlds in 87' I quit and never took anything since.  No need too.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2005, 07:02:45 PM »
yeah but it all depends on the person, people are going to talk no matter what so i like the fact that im juiced, makes me feel great, energy, aggresion, i yet have never got in a fight, 20yrs without a fight. usually its not friends or poeple i work with that ask but i just tell them im on some awesome supps. works most of the time.

muscle
muscle

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2005, 10:16:17 PM »
I will bleed a little more here . . . H O T topic.

I am an advanced athlete, with years of direct experience
in general health, diet and exercise - KNOW my body / system.
Perhaps - many here also do - (NOT trying to be snotty)

Would NOT do (short term) things to harm myself . . . period!
I am very well versed in field of health - have studied and studied.

My (now-former) wife and I had ISSUES with this topic - I believe she
(even at 10 years younger) was jealous, as IT let me be superhuman
eg - do and eat whatever I want to . . . we barely could even talk about
during (marraige) counseling - very difficult. (1 of 2 major issues)

I am on my own now - DO WHAT I WANT - in the best shape of my life.
One of our major issues had to do with my weightlifting and fitness pursuits
I mainly want to (press back aging) and TRY to maintain relative fitness.

I also (as someone posted) H A T E lying? Or better holding back from truthfulness,
to those around me - I feel like a hypocrite!

On the other hand _____________ I have to . . . . . be  Q U I E T !

Flip the (corporate) coin - I have *high profile* career - fortune 100
(foreign) multi-cultural company. And MUST be cool or keep low(er) profile
and reasonable (size) appearance while using advanced suppliments,
often struggle with degree of weigh gain and generally modest in my cycle

This for me is the (tight-lipped) exception. A handful of coworkers know
(have been told by me) about my routine.

The rest are probably suspicious - W T F !

1 life 1 liver

eggy

• Getbig II
  • adonis is a tranny!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2005, 03:20:51 AM »
its quite annoying, while they do have a great effect. I was on for about 1 day then ppl came up to me asking if i had done a course. I told them i was thinking about it. I was lifting weights the same as natural ( my first day on) so if i told them i was on then they wouldnt think they could achieve that naturally. but they could!

so i lied but come on i was only "on " for one day!
adonis is gay

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 04:53:52 PM »
its quite annoying, while they do have a great effect. I was on for about 1 day then ppl came up to me asking if i had done a course. I told them i was thinking about it. I was lifting weights the same as natural ( my first day on) so if i told them i was on then they wouldnt think they could achieve that naturally. but they could!

so i lied but come on i was only "on " for one day!

I usually *blame* IT on creatine - that [potentially] volumized - smoothed out look.
most people taking CM as directed (20-30 grams loading - urg) will typically *choke*
on those amounts and generally look the way (we may) on initially start on a program . . .

(Typically [when] I DO take creatine, I will ONLY take 3-5 grams
so this IS seldom every an actual issue for me ;)

Or *falsely in my case* blame exposure or eating common (high salt) food
prepared and catered to work events - where we (while smart) have
limited dining otions in our work/travel schedule. I know what to eat
and what to avoid
1 life 1 liver

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2005, 11:42:32 AM »
No one needs to know.  Only people I think you should tell are any consistent workout partners--can't lie to your homies as it wouldn't be fair.

People would just love to think you look the way you do only because you shoot AAs, not because you work your ass off.  It's human nature.  As if they could look the same with a little gear on board.

I get up at 3:30am every morning to drive to the one gym I found that opens early enough (I have to be at work by 6:45am), and I am in the gym training from 4:30am until 6:30am while most of my coworkers are still staining their underpants from their wet dreams.   I eat 8 protein meals per day, carry a 1 gallon water jug with me at all times and never drink alcohol.  On the weekends, I lift in my home gym with my kids.

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2005, 07:39:10 PM »
People would just love to think you look the way you do only because you shoot AAs, not because you work your ass off.  It's human nature.  As if they could look the same with a little gear on board.

Ya people (thinking or) saying things like "you bought those muscles" s n a r l . . .  >:(
almost like telling a women with breast implants - "she bought em' they are not real" LOL

Most people would neve say these thing to our faces - cause deep down  8)
they see our (atypical?) build(s) and are certainly fearful of response  ;)
to that type of *insult* they somehow know is unfair...

My coworkers (we travel alot as a group) SEE what, how often and how much I eat
and even offer me select meat (they know they cannot eat) from their meals
to aid in my diet. Such a PIG - I am...

Incidentally the HIGH protein, high fiber/veggie - low(er)
starch/carbs meals are starting to catch on with them. Good students . . .
Some know and they do KNOW intuitively (some of them) that WE are *special* . . .
1 life 1 liver

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2005, 09:27:28 PM »

Some know and they do KNOW intuitively (some of them) that WE are *special* . . .
Define what you mean by special

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2005, 03:12:45 AM »

I don't work out...

I just take a lot of gear because I really enjoy being pissed-off all the time.

LOL....=))))))))))

;D ;D ;D

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2005, 10:22:45 PM »
Define what you mean by special

Multi-faceted word play...

First:
I (am damn fortunate to') have great genetics
thanks MOM - thanks DAD . . .
- -
WE know WTF we are doing
- -
WE have fabulous physiques
- -
WE *must* be special . . .
to look the way we (all) do
IF we (by outward perception)
ARE not doing (or admitting
to doing) advanced supplements
1 life 1 liver

BigIronMike25

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2005, 05:12:30 PM »
Amen brother!!!  There are plenty of dumasses at our gym like that,,, Ill be lookin at MD and theyll say man i could get like that if i used what they do....theyre so freakin stupid----they dont realize that these pro bbs are genetic freaks to begin with,,,I've heard that ronnie coleman was about 240-250 before he even touched juice...Im sick of the BS myself bro!!

McCrackheads Back

• Getbig IV
  • Girl you know I miss you...
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2005, 07:25:28 AM »
what if that somebody is hell bent on you not doing it.....thats the only freakin thing holding me back...my gf hears all the cons against it...ive talked till im blue in the face about the pros, and how little the cons are if smart about what your doing..but to no avail she thinks with my already short temper i'll acquire roid rage and harm myself and others....sorry for interrupting your thread arnold jr.....but can anybody in this council give me a site or advise on this subject.

Just be very careful - keep your gear at the gym - and deny it mate. People who dont take gear, eg your g/f, work colleagues etc are pretty easily fooled. Just dont talk about it and if someone asks just laugh and deny it.

I only tell people Im close to who are serious/and also gear. Even my best friends who dont train dont know. There's no benefit to admitting to taking gear and a lot of risk.