Author Topic: The Flat Tax  (Read 9150 times)

sandycoosworth

Re: The Flat Tax
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2006, 02:02:01 PM »
still not getting the point youre making with those specific examples?...

to be sure, is your beef with tax incentives the amount of administration required to enforce them or is it the fact they are being enforeced in and of itself, or both or something else?

in terms of government workload, id imagine it would be comparable between the 2 situations (ie you have to audit who deserves subsidy v you have to audit who is non compliant with their tas returns) ... but thats coming directly from mine arse :D

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2006, 02:17:47 PM »
I feel that government is more accountable when you see what they spend.

A tax incentive can easily be changed with little notice, for good or ill. However a financial incentive is harder to manipulate because you actually receive a payment or see a money transfer.

My other example is just bitterness toward the inequities of Canada.
I am pissed of westerner sick of getting screwed around and not having my vote count.
We are expected to be a primary producer, but not a secondary producer because this is the domain of Ontario and Quebec. The monopolies favor this and all of the crap that is done to keep the monopolies in place are hidden from view.

At least if I see how the government spends its money in an open and transparent manner, then I can see how they are screwing me over and voice my concerns to my MP.
Z

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2006, 03:30:49 PM »
Any thoughts or comments on the idea of a 10% Flat Tax for everyone?

That and eliminating any and all loopholes for the rich.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2006, 03:37:03 PM »
Iand a nice computer system to crunch numbers.

Imagine the power this computer or cluster of computers would need to be? Maybe IBM's BlueGene could get it done.
The House that Ruth built