Author Topic: Gen. Zinni on Meet the press, on Iraq  (Read 940 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gen. Zinni on Meet the press, on Iraq
« on: April 15, 2007, 07:12:44 AM »
he is making a lot of sense.  We shouldn't be there, but we are, so let's get out while making as strong a position as we can for our economic and military interests over there.

The debate amongst the candidates should be "how should we redesign the strategy for the region".

He then goes on to talk about all the real reasons we are there - and he's honest.  Our security, energy resources, economic control over the region.  It's refreshing to not hear some d-bag sugarcoat everything with "let's protect the innocents and help people".  He's honest - we're there for resources and positioning.  bravo.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Gen. Zinni on Meet the press, on Iraq
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 07:15:02 AM »

Zinni:

"By end of 2008, we will only see a SLIGHT reduction of troops in Iraq."

"Continued strategy to protect the borders.  Do more pursuing of terrorists, and let the Iraqi police deal with the sec. violence."

The Enigma

• Getbig IV
  • Porsche 911 Turbo Carerra. My reality, your dream.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 07:33:54 AM »
Zinni:

"Continued strategy to protect the borders.  Do more pursuing of terrorists, and let the Iraqi police deal with the sec. violence."

240......That makes too much sense for "Bloodbath" Bush to implement.

Not enough GI's will die w/ that with "Liberal" strategy.  ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 09:24:58 AM »
he is making a lot of sense.  We shouldn't be there, but we are, so let's get out while making as strong a position as we can for our economic and military interests over there.

The debate amongst the candidates should be "how should we redesign the strategy for the region".

He then goes on to talk about all the real reasons we are there - and he's honest.  Our security, energy resources, economic control over the region.  It's refreshing to not hear some d-bag sugarcoat everything with "let's protect the innocents and help people".  He's honest - we're there for resources and positioning.  bravo.

how come in your last line you only mention resources and positioning...what about the security he mentioned? I do like Zinni, thought he did a decent job. I don't think he is saying anything differnet than what me and beach ond other have said. I never said it wasn't for oil at all, I just don't think that is the SOLE reason we are there, I have always trumpeted our security as a reason, and protecting the innocents and helping people will ensure our economic control over the region by giving us a "friend"
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 09:54:57 AM »
resources and positioning SUM IT UP.

economic controls, partnerships, information trading, commerce partners, capitalism exportation= RESOURCES
military and security functions = POSITIONING

And what you and beach have said is that we're there to help iraqi people.  Zinni didn't say that.  Zinni said it's THEIR JOB to deal with the shit in the cities, the sec. violence and civil war.  Zinni said we should protect US interests and let them deal with their own shit.

I agree with Zinni there.  I disagree with you and beach on two main points- fighting in the cities/putting their civil war before American lives, and the reasons we're there.  Zinni is no fool - he was the envoy dealing with Isr/Pal BS for a decade.  He knows we're not there to make their lives better - and THAT is the pithy little fairy tale that pisses me off most about the two of you - ya still preach "helping poor iraqis" when everyone knows it's not really about that.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2007, 10:08:55 AM »
resources and positioning SUM IT UP.

economic controls, partnerships, information trading, commerce partners, capitalism exportation= RESOURCES
military and security functions = POSITIONING

And what you and beach have said is that we're there to help iraqi people.  Zinni didn't say that.  Zinni said it's THEIR JOB to deal with the shit in the cities, the sec. violence and civil war.  Zinni said we should protect US interests and let them deal with their own shit.

I agree with Zinni there.  I disagree with you and beach on two main points- fighting in the cities/putting their civil war before American lives, and the reasons we're there.  Zinni is no fool - he was the envoy dealing with Isr/Pal BS for a decade.  He knows we're not there to make their lives better - and THAT is the pithy little fairy tale that pisses me off most about the two of you - ya still preach "helping poor iraqis" when everyone knows it's not really about that.

Helping poor Iraqis will help ensure the other things you talk about. And for months I have agreed with you to pull out of the cities and have commended you for not being a pull out completely puss. If you could get past your blind hatred for me and try to remember the conversations we have had it would make debating alot easier. But again you ignore the OUR security side that he brought up, that in his quote he mentioned first and foremost so he must feel that is our first concern.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 10:22:34 AM »
Helping poor Iraqis will help ensure the other things you talk about. And for months I have agreed with you to pull out of the cities and have commended you for not being a pull out completely puss. If you could get past your blind hatred for me and try to remember the conversations we have had it would make debating alot easier. But again you ignore the OUR security side that he brought up, that in his quote he mentioned first and foremost so he must feel that is our first concern.

I don't hate ya at all.  I mean, you're fun to fck with, I can get a rise out of you just like many people mess with me because I respond.

Of course, security always comes first.  But I think we worry about different things.  I disagree whtn Bush says "if we don't fight them there, we'll fight them here."  As McCaffrey noted, there only a maxiumum of 500 foreign fighters and 2000 al-Q in iraq.  The rest of the people are fighting each other.  Sunnis and shiites are not going to fly to Cali or NYC to shoot each other.  They can do it there.

I think bringing 130,000 of our men home would easily guard the borders, airports, and valuable targets against those 2500 pricks (or whatever smaller % ever could get a ticket to the US).

But aside from 9/11 (and you know how I feel about the "let it happen" nature of that one), we don't get attacked here - we get attacked THERE, where, well, they resent us taking their resources.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 10:26:35 AM »
I don't hate ya at all.  I mean, you're fun to fck with, I can get a rise out of you just like many people mess with me because I respond.

Of course, security always comes first.  But I think we worry about different things.  I disagree whtn Bush says "if we don't fight them there, we'll fight them here."  As McCaffrey noted, there only a maxiumum of 500 foreign fighters and 2000 al-Q in iraq.  The rest of the people are fighting each other.  Sunnis and shiites are not going to fly to Cali or NYC to shoot each other.  They can do it there.

I think bringing 130,000 of our men home would easily guard the borders, airports, and valuable targets against those 2500 pricks (or whatever smaller % ever could get a ticket to the US).

But aside from 9/11 (and you know how I feel about the "let it happen" nature of that one), we don't get attacked here - we get attacked THERE, where, well, they resent us taking their resources.

it has to be Sunday because everyone is being so nice today! lol
gotta love life