Author Topic: Who was in denial and who wasn't?  (Read 1635 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Who was in denial and who wasn't?
« on: November 07, 2012, 10:34:44 AM »
In the aftermath of this election, considering all the predictions and admissions which posters do you think were in complete denial of Romney's chances and who were not?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: Who was in denial and who wasn't?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:39:32 AM »
Mcway I'd say was in denial. Most of the rest I think knew what was coming. I think even 333, despite all his bolstering, knew what was coming.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:41:44 AM »
Mcway I'd say was in denial. Most of the rest I think knew what was coming. I think even 333, despite all his bolstering, knew what was coming.

Pretty much this

fury was in denial as well

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 10:42:12 AM »
Coach was in denial but you can't blamehim.  Fox had been telling its viewers all week that a Romney victory was guaranteed.
A

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 10:46:44 AM »
McWay
Fairy
Coach
bike nut
magikhooker

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 11:08:51 AM »
Beach Bum was in total denial.  HH6 as well.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2012, 11:12:20 AM »
I'm going to say Coach (landslide anyone) with McWay in 2nd place (i tried to suggest you hedge your bet a bit)

333 doesn't count because he's a mental patient and lives his entire life in denial

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2012, 11:32:21 AM »
Pretty much this

Was I? How about you prove it or delete your account?

I didn't make a prediction until about 9 PM last night and even then I said it was too close to call (which at that point it was).

Swing and a miss, you schizophrenic, autistic, jobless simpleton. Maybe this will be the four years you get a job. Just kidding, you'll keep sucking at the government tit.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 11:36:54 AM »
I did not think Romney/Ryan would win until the first debate, where Obama got crushed.  I thought it had shifted after that.  He did not capitalize on that wave of success, and shit the bed the next two debates.  Take that away, and all he had to run on was himself, no more hype from the debate, and I knew then he would lose.  No worries now, time to get back on the horse and throw my hat in the ring with the President.  Forward!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »
Pretty much this

Fury is in the same category as 333
He lives his entire life in denial and also seems to share 333's mental and emotional problems and no doubt has a few of his own.    Without 333 to tell him what to think and say the kid is lost.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
I contend that rassmussn and others KNEW obama woudl win by 2.6 million votes.

HOWEVER their goal wasn't to be #1 in accuracy, a "me too!" with Nate silver.

Rather, they were more concerned about being the poll and repubs became addicted to.   Repubs will return to them in 2014 and 2016 and onward. 

You'd rather the girl tell you "Oh, it's the biggest I've ever seen, you're the most amazing lover I've ever had!" 
Instead of telling you the truth "You're the 8th best lover I've ever had!"

Rass gave them hope.   Hope > Accuracy.    it's the basis for everything.  You don't get married while staring at the 50% failure stat - you get married because you believe in happily ever after.  If Rassmussen got 'real' with their numbers, repubs would stop going there, and they'd cite a website they agreed with more.

FOX TOO!  They waited as long as they could to call the election, even as cnn and msnbc said it was over.

They KNEW half their iewers would turn off the tv the moment it was called for Obama.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »
I am euphoric today! It was a close election that was too hard to call ahead of time. Personally, I think a lot of us at the Democratic election night party last night were surprise when the race was called as early as it was. At least this is what I sensed from the mood of the people in the room which was a combination of surprise and exhalation.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2012, 12:25:41 PM »
I contend that rassmussn and others KNEW obama woudl win by 2.6 million votes.

HOWEVER their goal wasn't to be #1 in accuracy, a "me too!" with Nate silver.

Rather, they were more concerned about being the poll and repubs became addicted to.   Repubs will return to them in 2014 and 2016 and onward. 

Good business model - intentionlly tank and be inocorrect banking hoping to capitalize on  a residual false hope in the future.

Seriously dude.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2012, 12:38:50 PM »
Good business model - intentionlly tank and be inocorrect banking hoping to capitalize on  a residual false hope in the future.

Seriously dude.

Their business is NOT polling/accuracy.

No, their business is SELLING the links to their page - advertising, references on fox news, q rating, etc.

They'd rather be 80% right and gainfully employed and THE chosen polling service by half the nation -
than 98% right, and abandoned as 'just another lib news agency'.

in 4 years, Repubs will happily spend another 8 months GLUED to rassmussen, not 538, even though 538 was much more accurate, right?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2012, 12:41:36 PM »
538 was WAY more accurate than Rassmussen.

in 2016, republicans will use rassmussen - and NOT 538.

They want something they like over something more accurate.  They STILL don't trust nate silver, despite him being the most accurate for 3 straight elections.

They'll STILL call him a liberal biased clueless idiot in 2014 and 2016 too.  Watch and see.  They'll be glued to rass, that called it a tie and wouldn't touch any prediciton.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 12:53:37 PM »
I am euphoric today! It was a close election that was too hard to call ahead of time. Personally, I think a lot of us at the Democratic election night party last night were surprise when the race was called as early as it was. At least this is what I sensed from the mood of the people in the room which was a combination of surprise and exhalation.

I feel pretty damn good today too
Not only did Obama win but Repubs won in key Senate races as well

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2012, 01:14:39 PM »

I disagree I think 333 believed it and felt like he got stabbed in the heart and it hurts more today...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »
I disagree I think 333 believed it and felt like he got stabbed in the heart and it hurts more today...

reality kicks 333 in the balls on a daily basis

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2012, 01:23:57 PM »
I don't think anyone was in denial.  Most people thought it would be close.  People predicting a blowout by Romney were not out in left field, or just a simple Romney win, if you look at how poor of a record Obama had.  I always thought it would be close, but that Romney would win.  Could not imagine people looking at Obama's record and giving him a second term.  Definitely wrong about that. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
I don't think anyone was in denial.  Most people thought it would be close.  People predicting a blowout by Romney were not out in left field, or just a simple Romney win, if you look at how poor of a record Obama had.  I always thought it would be close, but that Romney would win.  Could not imagine people looking at Obama's record and giving him a second term.  Definitely wrong about that. 

yes they were

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2012, 01:35:18 PM »
Their business is NOT polling/accuracy.

No, their business is SELLING the links to their page - advertising, references on fox news, q rating, etc.

They'd rather be 80% right and gainfully employed and THE chosen polling service by half the nation -
than 98% right, and abandoned as 'just another lib news agency'.

in 4 years, Repubs will happily spend another 8 months GLUED to rassmussen, not 538, even though 538 was much more accurate, right?

If they're inaccurate, they won't be THE chosen polling service of anyone.   They'll be irrelevant eventually.
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2012, 01:35:40 PM »
yes they were

Exactly.  There was no verifiable data or evidence to even suggest that probability.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2012, 01:37:46 PM »
If they're inaccurate, they won't be THE chosen polling service of anyone.   They'll be irrelevant eventually.
Not true at all.  You have sites like Newsbusters, WorldNetDaily, Breibart, HotAir constantly putting out pure far-fetched bullshit and they eat it right up.  EVEN when its proven to be bullshit, they still come back and then some.

Its a sign of a mental defect if you ask me, but its pretty widespread amongst Republicans.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:31 PM »
If they're inaccurate, they won't be THE chosen polling service of anyone.   They'll be irrelevant eventually.

I disagree.   There are many news serivces, magazines, etc that are inaccurate ALL THE TIME but still remain wildly popular for their entertainment value.

You know, nat'l enquirer, other tabolids, bat boy has baby with politician, etc... They're still at every checkout in america because they sell $$$$

Same with rassmussen.  A nice motivational security blanket to keep it close.  Be 80% right and keep the entire right-wing base happy, or be 98% right and they stop visiting the site.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2012, 01:42:38 PM »
Rassmussen's #1 goal is to make money.   Can we all agree there?

Yes, they like to be accurate, but to be too accurate when the news is bad means people stop using them, and opt for that "unskewered polls" site that had romney up by 10 million votes lol...

and YES - despite that firm having ZERO record and zero credibility - getbiggers were reposting it 24/7 - because they LIKED what it said.  And they'll be back to that highly inaccurate site in 2014 too - cause it'll be info they LIKE.

It all goes back to you wanting your chick to tell you it's the best she's ever had.  Period.