Author Topic: Utah Is on Track to End Homelessness  (Read 4988 times)

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Utah Is on Track to End Homelessness
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2013, 06:30:05 AM »
Nothing like rebutting stats with opinion and conjecture huh?

Pointing out what we don't know is not opinion or conjecture.

For the record, I support giving the homeless a place (albeit with reasonable strings), and I've got no problem with assigning them a social worker to try and get them help.

Since you're stupid, reread my post and think about what I said.

I've got a niche market going on this board educating retarded Canadians.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2013, 08:18:52 AM »

:o   {Hrmph}  Just when I was starting to like you too.   >:(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2013, 08:48:28 AM »

Not all Canadian's are mentally retarded, but you definitely are.

How very Christian of you.  ::)
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2013, 08:53:39 AM »
How very Christian of you.  ::)

24KT/JaguarEnterprises, how very tolerant and very loving of you.   ::)

I FVCKING HATE DELUSIONAL EVANGELICALS  >:(

You are fvcking certifiable in your delusion & denial.
It's the goddamn evangelicals who make it a political issue. Get real!!!

I will welcome the day that religion is forced underground!

Any evangelical I off, is gonna be one who trys imposing themself on me. There's a big difference.

It's like someone on here once said "I'll shoot the fvckers if I have to."

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2013, 09:06:33 AM »
Have poor, American women ever popped babies while remaining unmarried on purpose with the plan in mind to get free government help?  Really?

I dont think anybody is HOMELESS on purpose especially in the winter.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2013, 10:27:03 AM »
24KT/JaguarEnterprises, how very tolerant and very loving of you.   ::)

I have ABSOLUTELY NO TOLERANCE WHATSOEVER for delusional megalomaniacal evangelical nut jobs determined to force me into living the life they determine I should. Those who harass and bombard me with pages upon pages upon pages of references to religious verses, repeatedly faxed to me. Those who insist upon censoring the books i read, whether chosen by me, ...or even gifted by family members. And I have no tolerance for lobotomized morons who support or condone their insane criminal harassment, simply because they've slapped a socially acceptable label onto themselves. And I have no tolerance for the lobotomized morons who believe it is their duty to do this, as well as punish me if I dare resist or refuse to read their materials

If you want to take my comments out of context and interpret them as me wanting you and all Christians dead, have at it. All reasonable and clear thinking individuals know otherwise.

These deluded fucks are no different than schizophrenics. Those who hear voices are considered nuts.
Talk with dead people, and it's claimed you're speaking with demons, ...but if you slap a religious label on yourself.... well, you have now miraculously become an enlightened being, and the abuse you mete out is perfectly OK because it must be sanctioned and ordained by GOD!  ::)  

Believe in whatever deity or non-deity you choose, ...just don't try to force me into your psychosis!

Grow a Brain! ...and learn how to use it while you're at it!

ps: Get some new material why don't you? This has become overplayed and staler than day old douche water.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2013, 10:29:39 AM »

I dont think anybody is HOMELESS on purpose especially in the winter.

You've clearly never lived with a self-righteous bible thumper!   ;D
w

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
You've clearly never lived with a self-righteous bible thumper!   ;D

Maybe homelesness is no big deal for them because their faith in jesus keeps them warm :P

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2013, 03:44:41 PM »
Public transportation is not free.  How are they going to get to the library?  I say give them a free car, free gas, a free computer and free internet service.

Are you an evangelic christian ???

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2013, 04:05:09 PM »

Pointing out what we don't know is not opinion or conjecture.

For the record, I support giving the homeless a place (albeit with reasonable strings), and I've got no problem with assigning them a social worker to try and get them help.

Since you're stupid, reread my post and think about what I said.

I don't mind either but I suspect the costs are much higher than are being estimated.   Giving shelter while not addressing the underlining causes of homelessness does absolutely nothing to remedy the problem in the long run. 
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2013, 04:06:17 PM »
I have ABSOLUTELY NO TOLERANCE WHATSOEVER for delusional megalomaniacal evangelical nut jobs determined to force me into living the life they determine I should. Those who harass and bombard me with pages upon pages upon pages of references to religious verses, repeatedly faxed to me. Those who insist upon censoring the books i read, whether chosen by me, ...or even gifted by family members. And I have no tolerance for lobotomized morons who support or condone their insane criminal harassment, simply because they've slapped a socially acceptable label onto themselves. And I have no tolerance for the lobotomized morons who believe it is their duty to do this, as well as punish me if I dare resist or refuse to read their materials

If you want to take my comments out of context and interpret them as me wanting you and all Christians dead, have at it. All reasonable and clear thinking individuals know otherwise.

These deluded fucks are no different than schizophrenics. Those who hear voices are considered nuts.
Talk with dead people, and it's claimed you're speaking with demons, ...but if you slap a religious label on yourself.... well, you have now miraculously become an enlightened being, and the abuse you mete out is perfectly OK because it must be sanctioned and ordained by GOD!  ::)  

Believe in whatever deity or non-deity you choose, ...just don't try to force me into your psychosis!

Grow a Brain! ...and learn how to use it while you're at it!

ps: Get some new material why don't you? This has become overplayed and staler than day old douche water.

You're awful chummy with Ahmed, a person who wants to exterminate all homosexuals.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2013, 04:42:19 PM »
I don't mind either but I suspect the costs are much higher than are being estimated.

Why ??? If the figures was upside down would you suspect them to be wrong also?

Giving shelter while not addressing the underlining causes of homelessness does absolutely nothing to remedy the problem in the long run.

They might still be drunks, drug addicts or just plain poor but now they have a place and all save money. Im not sure where you are going here. 

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2013, 04:47:25 PM »

They save money only if the cost analysis is right. I don't believe it is.  This is a band aid not a cure.  I would feel the exact same way if the numbers were "upside down"  As a matter of fact, I would pay ten times the cost if I knew the program was helping people become productive contributers.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: December 28, 2013, 06:56:26 PM »
They save money only if the cost analysis is right. I don't believe it is.  This is a band aid not a cure.  I would feel the exact same way if the numbers were "upside down"  As a matter of fact, I would pay ten times the cost if I knew the program was helping people become productive contributers.

Well you wont know unless they try it out now would you?

and wouldnt you know they tried it in Utah and it saved a bunch of money and made life easier for a lot of people.

Its not an analysis anymore they tried it out and ran the numbers.

Are you saying the good people of Utah cant do math properly?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 28, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »
You're awful chummy with Ahmed, a person who wants to exterminate all homosexuals.

Of course I am. He has genocidal fantasies... I'm gathering a database of all those with genocidal fantasies.
{whisper} I'm hoping to recruit them for my "War on Religious Proselytizers & Racists"  shhh... :P

I have no problem with him. Some of his opinions... well thats another matter. If people treat me with respect, I will do the same. Just because I am polite or cordial to one of my neighbours does not mean I agree with, condone, or support everything they believe in totality. I've made my positions clear to Ahmed, and he has made his clear to me. Like adults, we have agreed to disagree. Because that's what adults do.

We live in a civilized nation where same-sex marriage is the law of the land.

When the mentality of this country shifts to such an extent that there exists the possibility that views like his may gain traction, then perhaps I may alter my attitudes and/ or behaviour towards him.

w

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2013, 12:13:17 PM »
why not free house, car, handjob massueses, tv, beer and everything for everyone ????

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: December 29, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
why not free house, car, handjob massueses, tv, beer and everything for everyone ????

If it could help you not being a sad miserable nut im all for it ;)

temple_of_dis

• Getbig III
  • togtfo
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »

If it could help you not being a sad miserable nut im all for it ;)

dude I ama super happy hetero hunk and one of most rational people around

you are the welfare commy

lol

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »
dude I ama super happy hetero hunk and one of most rational people around

you are the welfare commy

lol

Im glad thats settled then :)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »
Public transportation is not free.  How are they going to get to the library?  I say give them a free car, free gas, a free computer and free internet service.

You can get vouchers from the city if you're homeless and looking for a job, moron.   ::)
A

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »

You can get vouchers from the city if you're homeless and looking for a job, moron.   ::)

Vince, what's with the name calling?  When have I called you names?

Happy New Year to you and your family!

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: January 01, 2014, 01:02:19 PM »

Not sure how sarcastic your suggestions are but a possible solution that's being tried in Brazil right now (called Bolsa Familia) is to give the the poor cash money -- with some strings attached, of course.

Under the Bolsa Familia program, as I understand it, money is given to women only and to keep receiving the money, the women must make sure their kids are up-to-date on vaccinations and are attending school.  No school, no money.  There are some other conditions, too, I think.  (I read the article earlier this week so I'm hazy about the details at this point.)

This program is maybe more suited to serving the needs of the desperately poor (close to starving) than the poor in the USA but it seems to me that there are some intriguing logistical advantages to giving the poor money instead of food or shelter.  Money transfers also provide a nice economic boost to the businesses that are patronized by the poor.

I couldn't find the article I originally read about the program but here's a link that pretty informative:
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/opinion/2013/11/04/bolsa-familia-Brazil-quiet-revolution

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: January 01, 2014, 01:16:34 PM »
Not sure how sarcastic your suggestions are but a possible solution that's being tried in Brazil right now (called Bolsa Familia) is to give the the poor cash money -- with some strings attached, of course.

Under the Bolsa Familia program, as I understand it, money is given to women only and to keep receiving the money, the women must make sure their kids are up-to-date on vaccinations and are attending school.  No school, no money.  There are some other conditions, too, I think.  (I read the article earlier this week so I'm hazy about the details at this point.)

This program is maybe more suited to serving the needs of the desperately poor (close to starving) than the poor in the USA but it seems to me that there are some intriguing logistical advantages to giving the poor money instead of food or shelter.  Money transfers also provide a nice economic boost to the businesses that are patronized by the poor.

I couldn't find the article I originally read about the program but here's a link that pretty informative:
http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/opinion/2013/11/04/bolsa-familia-Brazil-quiet-revolution

This is the solution the USA should have used to stimulate the economy, ...instead they gave it to the rich.  :-\
w