Getbig Female Info Boards > Open Talk for Girl Discussion

Eliot & Silda Spitzer

(1/31) > >>

BayGBM:
Would finding out that your husband of many years (not your boyfriend) had seen a hooker end your relationship?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03112008/news/regionalnews/spitzer_has_used_hookers_for_6_years__so_101444.htm?page=0

Somehow, I doubt that this marriage is going to end over this.  Your thoughts?

w8m8:

--- Quote from: BayGBM on March 11, 2008, 10:36:08 PM ---Would finding out that your husband of many years (not your boyfriend) had seen a hooker end your relationship?

--- End quote ---

Finding out something that affects so many people in so many ways

Hell Yes , he'd be in so much pain he'd never be right again  >:(
He humiliated her !!!! in front of the whole friggin' world !!

I'm really an odd person , here's my take on prostitution  > if he was able to afford me AND a few tricks a yr. , keep it wrapped up , make sure I don't get anything from it , and have yourself a blast .

You're as sick as your secrets

Butterbean:

--- Quote from: BayGBM on March 11, 2008, 10:36:08 PM ---Would finding out that your husband of many years (not your boyfriend) had seen a hooker end your relationship?

--- End quote ---
Yes

--- Quote from: BayGBM on March 11, 2008, 10:36:08 PM ---

--- End quote ---
I think it will end.

BayGBM:

--- Quote from: STella on March 12, 2008, 06:44:17 AM ---Yes

--- End quote ---

Are you married?  Have you been married for years with children?  Or are you just answering theoretically?  Women who stay with a man who cheated are often criticized, but I think it's a lot harder to give up on a marriage after you've invested so many years together and children are involved.  Especially if you love the guy and he is otherwise (aside from cheating with a hooker :-\ ) a good spouse.

--- Quote from: STella on March 12, 2008, 06:44:17 AM ---I think it will end.

--- End quote ---

The fact that Silda stood there next to him during his little news conference suggests to me that she may not leave him.  He'd be in the doghouse for a good long while and she could milk that for a while...  ;)   Seriously, with a lot of marriage counseling they could work things out and still make a go of it, don't you think?

Here's another thought.  Assuming she leaves him what are his prospects?  Would you date someone who had this very public episode in his past even if he had $$?  If not you, what kind of woman would date or marry a man like this?  It's not as if he is 80; his romantic life is far from over.  If he ends up single when this is all over, what sort of woman does he go for?  A young bimbo with no standards?  A submissive foreign woman who is not clued into American scandals?

The unspoken element in all the press coverage of this story is what I call the "cockroach effect."  For every one you see, there are literally dozens you don't see.  Hillary Clinton, Jim McGreevy, Terry McMillan, Mrs. Larry Craig, Mrs. Ted Haggard--all had cheating spouses but the incidence of infidelity is far more common than all these judgmental talking heads on TV seem prepared to acknowledge.

No one--especially no woman--should be quick to judge Silda Spitzer.  Remember the wife of Senator David Vitter (R-La)?  Years ago in an interview she mocked Hillary Clinton and indicated she had better control of her man and that she would not tolerate him cheating on her.  Fast forward a few years and her words came back to haunt her when her husband's name and number showed up on the DC Madam's phone records.  http://www.thekansan.com/stories/071007/topstories_071007006.shtml

michael arvilla:
If his wife swallowed............... ........he wouldn't have "spit"

get it??

swallowed
spit

spitzer

hahha?
no?

never  mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page