Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > E-Board - Movies, Music, TV, Videogames, Comics

Disney to acquire Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

<< < (2/10) > >>

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JakeLester/news/?a=69753

Carrie Fisher Says She Would Return To STAR WARS

Harrison Ford recently came out and said that he would be open to the idea of returning as Han Solo in the next Star Wars movie Disney is planning for 2015. Well, now Carrie Fisher has said that she would be willing to reprise as well.

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=69501

Mark Hamill Discusses Disney's Acquisition Of LucasFilm & The New STAR WARS Films

Entertainment Weekly was able to nab a quick interview with Mark "Luke Skywalker" Hamill. When asked about Disney purchasing LucasFilm, Hamill says he was caught off guard like all of us. But the other news that there would be future Star Wars films was not a surprise to him at all. Mark reveals to EW that he and Carrie Fisher met with the bearded Jedi, George Lucas, just this past summer. During this meeting Lucas let them in on a secret, plans were already in motion to make Episodes VII, VIII, and IX.

Entertainment Weekly: So you met with George this past summer and he told you about his plans to make another trilogy?

Hamill: Yeah, last August, he asked Carrie (Fisher) and I to have lunch with him and we did. I thought he was going to talk about either his retirement or the Star Wars TV series that I’ve heard about—which I don’t think we were going to be involved in anyway, because that takes place between the prequels and the ones we were in and, if Luke were in them, he’d be anywhere from a toddler to a teenager so they’d get an age-appropriate actor—or the 3-D releases. So when he said, “We decided we’re going to do Episodes VII, VIII, and IX,” I was just gobsmacked. “What? Are you nuts?!” [laughs] I can see both sides of it. Because in a way, there was a beginning, a middle, and an end and we all lived happily ever after and that’s the way it should be—and it’s great that people have fond memories, if they do have fond memories. But on the other hand, there’s this ravenous desire on the part of the true believers to have more and more and more material. It’s one of those things: people either just don’t care for it or are passionate about it. I guess that defines what cult movies are all about. We’ll see. I’m anxious to know what’s going on, but the main story [yesterday] was the sale to Disney. I have mixed feelings about that, but they haven’t done badly by Marvel and the Muppets and Pixar. It’s one of those big decisions that at first seems unusual but then the more you look at it, the more it makes sense.

EW: When you had lunch with George, did he get into any details with you about where the story would go in the next three films, or whether you would have a part in them?

Hamill: Well, no, he was just talking about writers and the fact that he wouldn’t be directing. I guess he wanted us to know before everybody else knew. He said, “Now you can’t tell anybody!” [laughs] Even now I’m nervous about saying anything. I just don’t know!

Click Here To Read The Full Interview

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=70178

Could Lando Calrissian Be In STAR WARS: EPISODE VII?

Movie Hole has recently spoken to an ex-employee of LucasFilm, and when the site asked about plot details, all they got back was this short reply, “No idea. just Luke, Leia, Han, Lando”.

Up to this point everyone has been fixated on whether or not Princess Leia, Han Solo or Luke Skywalker would be returning, but there hadn't been any word on Lando. Of course this is just a rumor, but it certainly would make sense for ‘Lando Calrissian’ to make an appearance in the sequel(s) as he did help defeat the Empire at the end of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. And of course if he is returning that would mean actor Billy Dee Williams can join his old friends Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill on the set.

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=70581

More From Mark Hamill On Returning As Luke Skywalker In STAR WARS EPISODE VII

Probably the biggest question fans have about the new Star Wars movies coming our way is: Will they bring back characters from the original trilogy? Well, it seems Mark Hamill - who played the hero of the saga, Luke Skywalker, in those first three films - has a few questions of his own that need answering before he'll commit to anything. E UK caught up with the actor at the premiere of his new movie, Sushi Girl. "We have questions about it," said Hamill, speaking for himself and Carrie Fischer. "And really, they're not even at the stage where they're able to answer those questions because, as far as I know, is there a story yet? Until I know more about what they have in mind, I think it's better to let Lucas Film make the announcements." Hamill was then asked about the possibility of another actor taking over the role - perhaps playing a slightly younger version of the character. "If they were going to do a story where Luke was too young or too old for me to play, they would get an age appropriate actor," he said. "There's so many good people."

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=70594

Lawrence Kasdan & Simon Kinberg Plan To Expand The STAR WARS Universe

It seems Kasdan and Kinberg have indeed been hired to work on Disney's new Star Wars movies, it won't necessarily be episodes VIII and IX that they will be writing. THR reveals that it could be some of the spinoffs that will be part of the “every two to three year” plan set for the new saga that the two will work on. The site also mention the "Skywalker storyline", confirming what we had pretty much already figured - the initial series of movies at least, will indeed revisit the characters from the original trilogy.

From THR..

"Their scripts could turn into official “Episodes” in the main Skywalker storyline, or they could form the basis for spinoffs focusing on side characters. Disney CEO Robert Iger said the goal is to release a Star Wars movie “every two to three years,” and some could easily focus on other pieces of the expansive mythos (similar to Marvel’s Avengers universe). Disney and Lucasfilm declined comment."

So which characters would you like to see become the focus of the spinffs? Obviously Bobba Fett is a popular one, but personally I'd like to see the continuing adventures of that poor one-armed, Walrus-faced bastard Ponda Baba.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version