Author Topic: 2021 Deathpool thread  (Read 65693 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: 2021 Deathpool thread
« Reply #475 on: October 15, 2021, 03:31:06 AM »
RIP.  Seemed like a cool guy with a good sense of humor. 

All round big dude.  6'5"

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #476 on: October 18, 2021, 06:08:36 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #477 on: October 22, 2021, 05:58:38 PM »
Peter Scolari, 'Bosom Buddies' and 'Newhart' star, has died

Peter Scolari, a veteran actor who rose to fame alongside Tom Hanks on "Bosom Buddies," died Friday morning.

Scolari had cancer and had been ill for two years, his manager Ellen Lubin Sanitsky told CNN. He was 66.
Scolari appeared in numerous films and television series over the years, including "Newhart," "Murphy Brown," and "The Good Fight." He won an Emmy in 2016 for his portrayal of Hannah's father Tad Horvath on "Girls."

"Bosom Buddies" was on the air for two seasons at ABC. On the show, Scolari and Hanks dressed as women in order to move into an affordable women-only residence. The two actors remained good friends in real life, with Scolari saying in an interview for Oprah Winfrey that Hanks toasted him at his wedding.

"I cannot get my mind around what I've done in my life to deserve this kind of affection," Scolari said of his toast.
He also appeared in a TV adaptation of "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids," "Gotham," and played Peter Madoff in HBO's "Madoff."
On stage, Scolari starred in Broadway productions of "Hairspray," "Sly Fox," "Wicked," "Magic/Bird" and "Lucky Guy," alongside Hanks.

He is survived by his wife, Tracy Shayne, and children Nicholas, Joseph, Keaton, and Cali.
Colleagues and friends paid tribute to Scolari on Friday.

"The shyest extrovert, the most dramatic comedian, the most humble icon," Lena Dunham wrote of her late co-star. "You had lived enough life to know that a TV show was just a TV show, but also to appreciate just what it meant to be allowed to play pretend for a living- and you never let us forget that this job was a privilege."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/22/entertainment/peter-scolari-obit/index.html

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #479 on: October 24, 2021, 04:27:39 PM »
Obviously Rush Limbaugh, Larry King... etc...

My choices..

Clint Eastwood
One member from the Rolling Stones
Mark Henry

I am still proud of my prediction here...Charlie Watts...

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #480 on: October 24, 2021, 04:40:01 PM »
Friends actor James Michael Tyler dies aged 59
Actor James Michael Tyler died of prostate cancer at 59, his manager announced in a statement on Sunday. He was most known for his role as Gunther, the Friends’ omnipresent Central Perk barista and the “seventh friend.” Tyler was diagnosed with cancer in 2018, but he only revealed it publicly last June, during the famous sitcom reunion. Beyond his prominent role on Friends, the actor appeared on TV series including Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, Just Shoot Me! and Scrubs.
"

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #481 on: October 25, 2021, 04:29:04 AM »
Peeps dying right and left.

Conspiracy?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #482 on: October 25, 2021, 06:28:13 AM »
Chopped Junior Champion Fuller Goldsmith Dead at 17

On Wednesday, Oct. 6, the production company Magical Elves wrote on Instagram that Fuller, who won Chopped Junior at the age of 14 and later competed on Top Chef Junior, recently died of cancer. He passed shortly before his 18th birthday.

"We are devastated after hearing about the loss of our Top Chef Junior alum, Fuller Goldsmith," the statement read. "He was an incredible chef and the strongest kid we've ever met. From the minute he was introduced to us, we knew he would make an impact on everyone around him and be a positive force in cooking world."

They continued, "To his family, we give all our love as they mourn the loss of someone truly special."

Vanessa Lachey, who hosts Top Chef Junior, commented, "We all Loved Fuller so much! And will never forget his contagious smile, laugh and butter tricks. Sending so much Love to his family. We will never forget you Fuller!"

Vanessa met Fuller when he competed on Top Chef Junior in late 2017. The teenager nearly made it to the finale, but left early to prioritize his health.

At the time, he wrote on Instagram, "I am now better than ever and you have not seen the last of FULLER GOLDSMITH!!!!!!"

Though Fuller's time on Top Chef Junior was cut short, he went on to cook alongside Guy Fieri at the 2018 Stagecoach Festival. In an Entertainment Weekly video, the Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives host told Fuller, "What you've already accomplished in your life is amazing. The example you're setting for other kids is amazing. The example you're setting for adults—You don't give up."

At the time, Fuller was in remission, but by that December his cancer returned. "Round 4 is going to be the one I win against cancer once and for all!" he vowed to his followers.

While seeking treatment, Fuller continued cooking and traveling, before eventually becoming an assistant chef at Tuscaloosa, Alabama's Southern Ale House. His colleagues wrote on Facebook that he was a major help to the chefs in "helping prep, serve, and create recipes."

Then, in February, Fuller told his followers that he was diagnosed with brain cancer and entered his fifth round of radiation. He wrote, "I'm ready to fight to keep my winning streak going. #notgivingup #ihatecancer."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/chopped-junior-champion-fuller-goldsmith-dead-at-17/ar-AAPdeKk?pfr=1
sad story shouldve changed his diet but nahhh radiate his head ::)
A

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #483 on: October 25, 2021, 09:15:20 AM »
Peeps dying right and left.

Conspiracy?
It's a conspiracy that's been going on since the dawn of time.

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #484 on: October 25, 2021, 11:21:10 AM »
Today's showcase showdown in honor of longtime Price is Right host Bob Barker. Bob celebrates his 98th birthday on December 12, 2021. Whoever guesses closest to his exact date of his death without going over wins. I'm going 3-12-2022

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #485 on: October 25, 2021, 11:43:58 AM »
   I am still proud of my prediction here...Charlie Watts...

He already was known to have cancer, former heroin addict, 80+ .... what kind of prediction is that?

What's next Flex Wheeler?  ::)

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #486 on: October 25, 2021, 12:19:34 PM »
Today's showcase showdown in honor of longtime Price is Right host Bob Barker. Bob celebrates his 98th birthday on December 12, 2021. Whoever guesses closest to his exact date of his death without going over wins. I'm going 3-12-2022
2/22/22

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #487 on: October 25, 2021, 01:32:30 PM »
Bob has aged a lot since he was in Happy Gilmore.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #488 on: October 25, 2021, 06:47:14 PM »
James Michael Tyler (May 28, 1962 – October 24, 2021)

In 1988, he moved to Los Angeles and became a production assistant for Fat Man and Little Boy and an assistant film editor. He supported the Lili Claire Foundation and AIDS Project L.A charities. From 1994 to 2004, James Michael Tyler played Gunther on the sitcom Friends. Gunther was a coffee shop worker at Central Perk. This led to a ten-year career with appearances in 148 of Friends' 236 episodes; he is the show's most-frequently-appearing recurring character actor. Tyler also appeared in numerous other titles including "Scrubs," "Modern Music," and "Sabrina the Teenage Witch." He starred in two short films - The Gesture and the Word, and Processing - winning best actor awards at various film festivals.

In 1995, Tyler married Barbara Chadsey. The couple separated in 2003, and in 2014, he filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences. Tyler was diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2018, but did not reveal his illness to the public until June 2021. He died from the disease at age 59 on October 24, 2021.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #489 on: October 27, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »
Wolfgang Schober  63yo

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #490 on: October 29, 2021, 05:48:41 PM »
Camille Saviola Dies: ‘Star Trek: Deep Space Nine’, Broadway Actor Was 71

Camille Saviola, whose many stage and TV roles included the Bajoran religious leader Kai Opaka in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, the mother of the hapless Turtle in Entourage and characters in Nine and Chicago on Broadway, died yesterday. She was 71.

Her death was reported on the Star Trek website WarpFactorTrek.com, and in social media posts by friends. Additional details were not immediately available.

Longtime friend and actor Harvey Fierstein tweeted: “She was a friend for 40 years who could always be counted on for a laugh, a shoulder or a kick in the ass. The Italian Godmother of Soul! Farewell.”

Actor Wilson Cruz, who said he performed with Saviola at many AIDS benefits over the years, tweeted: “What a presence this woman was! My heart is heavy. My love to Camille’s family and family of friends throughout the industry. She will be missed.”

On Facebook friend and actress Mary Jo Mecca wrote, “We lost Camille Saviola today- A DIVA of the greatest kind. I met her when we played Mother & Daughter in The Rink for The Musical Theatre Guild. We spent everyday on a park Bench sharing stories of our Italian upbringing and building a relationship that we transferred to the stage. She called me ‘Jersey’ and I called her ‘Walk-Up’…She was a tough cookie with a huge heart a wicked sense of humor and a voice that would shake the rafters….She fought the good fight in silence.”

A Bronx native who got her start in show business as a singer in 1970s New York rock band the Margo Lewis Explosion, Saviola made her Broadway debut as Mama Maddelena in the 1982 production of the Tommy Tune-directed musical Nine. In 2003, joined the replacement cast of Chicago as Matron Mama Morton.

Her film debut came just two years after her Broadway bow when she was cast in a small part in Woody Allen’s 1984 Broadway Danny Rose. She reunited with Allen the following year for a role in The Purple Rose of Cairo and from then on enjoyed a prolific career in both TV and film. She reteamed with Allen yet again in 1991’s Shadows and Fog. Other film roles included Betsy’s Wedding and Last Exit to Brooklyn.

On television, she made appearances on Remington Steele, Baby Boom, JAG, Some of My Best Friends, Saving Grace, Without a Trace and Nip/Tuck, among many others. In 1992 she recurred on both The Heights and Civil Wars, and in 1993 began playing Kai Opaka in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, a role that would be featured in four episodes through 1996.

In 2002, she recurred on the James Garner legal drama First Monday as Justice Esther Weisenberg. She also played an attorney in several episodes of Judging Amy from 2002-05.

From 2006-09, Saviola recurred on HBO’s Entourage, portraying the mother of Jerry Ferrara’s character Turtle.

Saviola’s most recent credit is the recurring role of Filomena in the Darren Star-created series Younger.

Information on survivors was not immediately available.

https://deadline.com/2021/10/camille-saviola-dead-obituary-star-trek-deep-space-nine-broadway-actor-was-71-1234864824/?fbclid=IwAR2b7YJ4pevwD0hAgelrZ7MR4k1YM3JxdQv00MfzyX_4MhrYA7jpFK3mBHA

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #491 on: November 02, 2021, 04:47:37 PM »
Viktor Bryukhanov, engineer blamed in Chernobyl explosion, dies at 85

Viktor Bryukhanov, the engineer who oversaw the construction and operation of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant in Ukraine, the site of an explosion in 1986 that ranks among the worst accidents of the nuclear age, died Oct. 13 in Kyiv. He was 85.

The press service of the Chernobyl plant, which is no longer in operation, confirmed his death and said that Mr. Bryukhanov had suffered several strokes.

The explosion at Chernobyl, a Soviet installation that was one of the most powerful nuclear power plants in the world, occurred in the early-morning hours of April 26, 1986, when a reactor malfunctioned during a safety test, destroying the building and spewing toxic radiation into the sky.

Two workers were killed in the accident. In the ensuing months, 28 firefighters and cleanup workers died of radiation sickness, according to the International Atomic Energy Agency. As many as 200,000 people in the surrounding area were evacuated, and the wind carried radioactive isotopes across portions of Europe.

Mikhail Gorbachev, who served at the time as the general secretary of the Soviet Communist Party and who five years later would preside over the dissolution of the Soviet Union, would one day reflect that “the nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl,” even more than the reforms known as perestroika, “was perhaps the real cause of the collapse” of the Communist superpower.

In the immediate aftermath, a great part of the blame for the disaster was placed on Mr. Bryukhanov, a thermal power engineer with years of experience in the Soviet nuclear power industry. In the widely watched 2019 HBO series “Chernobyl,” in which he was portrayed by actor Con O’Neill, he was depicted as a villain. But the reality, said Serhii Plokhy, a professor of Ukrainian history at Harvard University, is more complex.

“His subordinates valued him as a good engineer and effective manager,” Plokhy wrote in the 2018 book “Chernobyl: The History of a Nuclear Catastrophe.” “He put in long hours, spoke little, and was known as one of a rare breed: a Soviet manager who got things done while showing consideration to his subordinates.”

Mr. Bryukhanov learned of the explosion shortly after it occurred, when an anguished chemist at the plant awakened him with a phone call at approximately 2 a.m. Mr. Bryukhanov rushed to the site, observed the extent of the destruction and said to himself, “This is my prison.”

He “realized immediately that life as he knew it — a successful career, participation in the party congress, government awards — was over,” Plokhy wrote. “He would have to bear responsibility for the disaster, whether he was guilty or not.”

Accused of failing to respond effectively and promptly to the crisis, Mr. Bryukhanov was expelled from the Communist Party. In 1987, he and two aides were tried on charges of violating safety rules, abuse of power and negligence. According to Plokhy, the most damaging evidence against him was a statement Mr. Bryukhanov signed the day of the accident minimizing the threat of the radiation released in the explosion.

Mr. Bryukhanov denied the first two charges but pleaded guilty to negligence, declaring at his trial, according to Plokhy’s account: “I am guilty as manager of having missed something, of having been careless or inefficient in some way. I understand that this is a serious accident, but everyone bears some blame for it.”

Along with his aides, Mr. Bryukhanov was convicted and sentenced to 10 years in prison and labor camps. He was released after five years, following the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991.

Mr. Bryukhanov resumed his professional life, leading a technological department at Chernobyl, which had not yet been fully decommissioned, later telling the Moscow News that he received a “warm welcome” upon his return. He later worked for Ukraine’s trade ministry.

Viktor Petrovich Bryukhanov was born Dec. 1, 1935, in Tashkent, in what was then the Soviet republic of Uzbekistan. His father was a glazier — a tradesman who works with glass — and his mother was a cleaner, according to the London Daily Telegraph.

Mr. Bryukhanov was a graduate of the Tashkent State Technical University. He worked in Soviet power plants in positions of increasing responsibility until he was assigned in 1970 to build what became the Chernobyl plant. He also oversaw the development of the nearby community of Pripyat, effectively a company town for plant workers that reached a population of 50,000.

Mr. Bryukhanov was among the victims of radiation sickness at Chernobyl, suffering from headaches and other painful symptoms. He and his wife, Valentina, had a daughter, Lilia, and a son, Oleg, but complete survivors information was not immediately available.

In interviews with journalists and historians over the years, he sought to defend himself against the image of negligence that had developed around him.

“It was the constructors’ job to see to it that no mistake by the staff could lead to such a tragedy,” Reuters quoted him having said in 1992. “But of course it was easier to blame not the reactor’s creators but the staff at the plant. Was it permissible at that time to cast a shadow on the prestige of the Soviet nuclear industry? How much simpler to put the director and chief engineer in the dock.”

Several years later, he told the Moscow News that he thought the world would never know the truth of Chernobyl.

“Much time was allowed to pass,” he remarked. “We won’t know the truth not because someone is hiding it but because it just cannot be understood. And no one wanted to do it while the trail was still fresh.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/viktor-bryukhanov-engineer-blamed-in-chernobyl-explosion-dies-at-85/ar-AAQfut8?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&pfr=1

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #492 on: November 03, 2021, 06:53:58 AM »
All basic common sense

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #493 on: November 03, 2021, 11:32:05 AM »
this will be 100 pages by next year with all the vaccine related deaths

You may as well start adding famous kids to the list

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #494 on: November 03, 2021, 12:14:34 PM »
this will be 100 pages by next year with all the vaccine related deaths

You may as well start adding famous kids to the list
The deaths will be attributed to a "genetic condition."

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #495 on: November 06, 2021, 02:20:11 PM »
Soul Crusher.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #496 on: November 06, 2021, 03:17:59 PM »
Kai Greene.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #497 on: November 06, 2021, 04:17:04 PM »
Steve Lott , Mike Tyson manager in the 80s

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #498 on: November 06, 2021, 07:24:02 PM »
Soul Crusher.

Lol.  How many shots of vodka you
Do today ?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #499 on: November 09, 2021, 06:01:38 PM »
Dean Stockwell, Quantum Leap Star, Dead at 85

Veteran actor Dean Stockwell, best known for playing Admiral ‘Al’ Calavicci opposite Scott Bakula’s Dr. Sam Beckett in NBC’s sci-fi dramedy Quantum Leap, died Sunday of natural causes. He was 85.

Airing from March 1989 to May 1993, Quantum Leap starred Bakula as Dr. Sam Beckett, a physicist who in testing out a time travel theory “leapt” into the body of an Air Force pilot 50 years in the past. In trying to return home, Sam realized he could only randomly leap into other people, in other times. Stockwell played Sam’s womanizing, cigar-smoking hologram of a BFF/companion.

The role of Admiral ‘Al’ Calavicci earned Stockwell four Emmy Award nominations for Supporting Actor in a Drama Series, as well as one Golden Globe award.

He later recurred as Brother Cavil in Syfy’s reboot of Battlestar Galactica (2004–2009). Additional TV credits included JAG and 1998’s short-lived Tony Danza Show.

Born in North Hollywood in 1936, Stockwell was on Broadway by the time he was age 7, and his career as a child star began. As a child actor of the 1940s, his credits included the films Song of the Thin Man, The Boy with Green Hair, Kim and Gentleman’s Agreement (for which he won a Golden Globe).

His later big-screen credits included David Lynch’s Dune (1984) and Blue Velvet (1986), as well as To Live and Die in L.A. (1985), Beverly Hills Cop II (1987), The Player (1992) and Air Force One (1997). Stockwell scored an Oscar nomination for his supporting performance in the 1998 comedy Married to the Mob.

Stockwell is survived by his wife, Joy, and their two children, Austin and Sophie.

https://tvline.com/2021/11/09/dean-stockwell-dies-obituary-quantum-leap-dead/?fbclid=IwAR151nNzIPKcsvg0Dz_ExYaIWuHzT8CM01Zosyej7FBnRVr5JWeK82qVapc