Author Topic: George "DA BULL" Peterson died at age 37 - RIP  (Read 10311 times)

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: George "DA BULL" Peterson died - RIP!!! HOLY F!!!
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2021, 06:26:24 AM »
No, following bodybuilding coaches protocols and advice is not the same as following own research and creating own protocols.

It's still their own damn choice ...

In fact, the guy who's favorite to win 212 , (forgot his name) it's mainly because of the coach he has chosen this time around .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2021, 06:59:13 AM »
guy used to compete at heavyweight then moved down to 212, maybe he does have to boil down a lot to make weight

He was classic when he started as a pro.  not sure what the weight cut off was for him.

either way i am sure the IFBB will cash out his 401K and retirement savings plan and give it to his loved ones.

At the very least a moment of silence before the 212 warriors take the stage.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2021, 07:06:28 AM »
Damn :( He was a great bodybuilder.

What I suspect is that he was planning to come in super dry. Perhaps already started cutting the water and on diuretics. Some clen still in the system, maybe also DNP and EPO and slin. All this when carrying so much muscle - its a very fine line. Possibly caused blood clotting and then boom you are in serious trouble.

My heart goes out to his family.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2021, 07:12:12 AM »
Shawn Ray calls out the gurus - but what about calling out the ifbb and Manion, Weinberger etc.
These guys run the ‘sport’. They set the standards, Weinberger’s the head judge for fks sake. How come every time someone kicks the bucket, that dude shuts up shop and doesn’t say a word?
The sport is run by cowboys. They’ll post a ‘condolences to his family and friends’ etc and then on with show(s).
Would the heads of FIFA, the NFL, NBA etc be so quiet all the time with all their athletes dying?

As former Mr. O, Dexter Jackson once said, the judges can only pick from who's on stage. Somebody has to win the show.

And every time the standards get set, the bodybuilders break their neck to dodge those standards. Go back to the 90s. One and done for steroid testing for the IFBB. And if they had any notion of bringing back, Vince McMahon killed that by testing his WBF guys for everything but the kitchen sink.

We always hear "up the dose". But, it ain't so funny when that results in someone kicking the bucket.

You can say there's a difference between use and abuse, when it comes to performance-enhancing drugs. But every generation of bodybuilders thinks the next one is "abusing", while they and their buddies were merely "using" in their day.

Every complaint I hear about steroid abuse now, I heard 25 years ago during the Yates' era. That's why the non-Weider magazines kept plastering its covers with fitness girls (actual and alleged).

In fact, Twinlab morphed MD into "Muscular-Development-Fitness-Health" and later "All-Natural Muscular Development", as a result of all this caterwauling about drugs (particularly after Munzer went home to be with the Lord).

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2021, 07:22:58 AM »
Good job Aaron, hope you're doing well? ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2021, 09:30:56 AM »
Not saying this was it and we won’t know for awhile what the cause really was, but this was the first thing that came to mind. This has been an usually bad year for bodybuilding deaths in both the pro and amateur levels

that's the first thing that came to your mind because your brain is broken

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2021, 09:51:29 AM »
Good job Aaron, hope you're doing well? ::)

You have a point. I don't remember Weider, Twinlab, or MuscleTech guys kicking the bucket before the O (although Ronnie almost bought it in 2001, as the story goes).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
I've always like Da Bulls' posts on FB and the gram and vibe.  He seemed like a really good natured guy and no one ever had a bad thing to say about him.   Ever.   Sucks this happened.   

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2021, 10:11:49 AM »
Since so close to competition Im guessing sodium/mineral depletion. Watching a video posted here it sounded like he was going to push it for this competition. Shouldn't leave someone alone that is depleted like that anyways.

RIP

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2021, 10:14:01 AM »
Since so close to competition Im guessing sodium/mineral depletion. Watching a video posted here it sounded like he was going to push it for this competition. Shouldn't leave someone alone that is depleted like that anyways.

RIP

Or Slin shot gone wrong, or overheating from DNP, or multi-organ failure, plenty of options. :)

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2021, 10:16:55 AM »
Or Slin shot gone wrong, or overheating from DNP, or multi-organ failure, plenty of options. :)
sure, that's why I said Im guessing. It's pure speculation.

Young people have been dropping from just heart issues from high dosage AAS lately so could be that too who knows...

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2021, 11:31:30 AM »
Personally everyone should shut the fuck up and quit speculating until the final coroner’s report is complete. Dude just passed this morning, show some respect
i bet he doesnt mind

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2021, 11:36:05 AM »
sure, that's why I said Im guessing. It's pure speculation.

Young people have been dropping from just heart issues from high dosage AAS lately so could be that too who knows...

People have been going crazy with dosages lately.  I remember when 1000mg/test per week was considered an extreme amount.  These days, it's babby's second cycle, and half of the skinny dorks at the gym are on more than that.  :-\

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2021, 11:39:23 AM »
Personally everyone should shut the fuck up and quit speculating until the final coroner’s report is complete. Dude just passed this morning, show some respect

Guy's a drug addict.  Why should he get respect?

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2021, 11:43:08 AM »
Guy's a drug addict.  Why should he get respect?

All speculation.  Could have been a bad batch of peach cobbler.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2021, 11:43:25 AM »

RIP

Back about 10 years ago a friend of mine was helping a pro in a US show and messaged me in a panic, the guy had seized up in massive cramps on his hotel bed. I asked what he had taken. He had taken something called "Star Caps," some kind of "supplement" diuretic that was sold in nutrition stores. I googled a bit and it had been found to contain Bumex, a loop diuretic like Lasix. What could I tell my friend?  :D Anyway, my friend found some sodium packets on a hotel staffs tray in the hallway and poured some in the mouth of the pro. The cramps eased up and he went through with the show. :D

"Papaya & Garlic" Lol

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2021, 12:13:58 PM »

DNP? I read about that over 20 years ago in MuscleMag. Isn't that an insecticide?

SweetDaddySiki

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2021, 12:18:45 PM »

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH STEROIDS!!!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2021, 12:24:56 PM »
DNP? I read about that over 20 years ago in MuscleMag. Isn't that an insecticide?

It's an amazing drug. Very effective. Can be done very safely. Overdose and you are fucked. But done right it can help a lot. I think it's best done early in prep, saves you a few weeks of dieting. If a pro can't lose that last bit of fat and he hasn't considered DNP he is missing out. DNP can do other things as well like dramatically and quickly increase insulin sensitivity. Reduce visceral fat. And etc.

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2021, 12:34:22 PM »
People have been going crazy with dosages lately.  I remember when 1000mg/test per week was considered an extreme amount.  These days, it's babby's second cycle, and half of the skinny dorks at the gym are on more than that.  :-\

Haha highly doubt that. Skinny dorks walking around at 1000 mg of test or more, that’s a huge exaggeration

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2021, 12:43:09 PM »

It was used as a component in early explosives and insecticides, it was found that people working with it lost a tremendous amount of  weight so by the early 30's it makes its way into diet pills (most famously Redusol), but many users were found to develop cataracts from it, so it gets withdrawn by the mid 1930's and isn't heard from again till -

Nicholas Bachynsky, a diet doctor from Texas (by way of Russia) sets up diet clinics prescribing it to chubby women, he's busted in the late 80's for it, and winds up in the same prison as Dan Duchaine. Bachynsky hips Duchaine to it, and when he gets out, he brings it back to bodybuilding.

Jeff Feliciano, who wrote the drug column for Flex in the mid 90's claims it was used sparingly in the early 80's under the underground name "Hexalon", but most concede that it was Bachynsky and Duchaine that really brought it back to bodybuilding.

Old ads for DNP -

Bachynsky's ad -

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2021, 01:23:53 PM »
Wild ^

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2021, 01:43:06 PM »
It's an amazing drug. Very effective. Can be done very safely. Overdose and you are fucked. But done right it can help a lot. I think it's best done early in prep, saves you a few weeks of dieting. If a pro can't lose that last bit of fat and he hasn't considered DNP he is missing out. DNP can do other things as well like dramatically and quickly increase insulin sensitivity. Reduce visceral fat. And etc.

He's missing out alright.....missing out on a premature date with the Grim Reaper.

It was used as a component in early explosives and insecticides, it was found that people working with it lost a tremendous amount of  weight so by the early 30's it makes its way into diet pills (most famously Redusol), but many users were found to develop cataracts from it, so it gets withdrawn by the mid 1930's and isn't heard from again till -

Nicholas Bachynsky, a diet doctor from Texas (by way of Russia) sets up diet clinics prescribing it to chubby women, he's busted in the late 80's for it, and winds up in the same prison as Dan Duchaine. Bachynsky hips Duchaine to it, and when he gets out, he brings it back to bodybuilding.

Jeff Feliciano, who wrote the drug column for Flex in the mid 90's claims it was used sparingly in the early 80's under the underground name "Hexalon", but most concede that it was Bachynsky and Duchaine that really brought it back to bodybuilding.

Old ads for DNP -

Bachynsky's ad -

So bodybuilders are using a substance used to KILL BUGS and BLOW UP stuff. What could possibly go wrong there?  ;D

I have that issue of MMI in my garage. I'll pull it up when I get back from the gym later today.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2021, 01:44:26 PM »
If anyone wants to read it, here's Bachynsky's patent for his DNP method, it's got some case studies in it -

Edit - try copy and pasting it into browser, it won't direct link for some reason.

Fixed - https://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/srchnum.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&s1=4673691.PN.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
So bodybuilders are using a substance used to KILL BUGS and BLOW UP stuff. What could possibly go wrong there?  ;D

Just remember: the dosage determines the poison. Everything can poison and kill you  :D

The main worry, as BB said, is the risk of cataracts. It mainly occurred in women going by the literature. But it has been known to occur in men as well, there are cases reported on the forums. In the early days when Duchaine etc were talking about it they used to do like 800mg a day. At that dosage you feel like death. A dose of about 200mg can be done much more comfortably. If done at the beginning of prep for a few weeks it can speed the diet/fat loss by several weeks compared to without it. Now you have more time to dial it in through diet and more benign diet drugs such as clen, thyroid and beta agonists. Each 100mg speeds metabolism by 10% IIRC. I never tried it myself but I have seen kt done to good effect.