Author Topic: Wont Be Around Much For Awhile: Day Trading Courses  (Read 5640 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Wont Be Around Much For Awhile: Day Trading Courses
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2021, 08:16:58 AM »
So on the one thing you may actually have a chance at making real money and you’re only going to do it less than part-time?

<JoeJill Biden voice> “Come on man…”

$10K to start day trading is woefully inadequate, but you should be used to that by now.

With 10K he has to trade futures. 25k is the minimum on NYSE and Nasdaq and you need significantly more than that just to have a cushion.

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2021, 08:28:54 AM »
he has cricket  internet now though

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2021, 09:04:53 AM »
Vince isn't going to trade all day so he only needs $10k.

He'll trade late morning or early afternoon.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2021, 09:09:20 AM »
he has cricket  internet now though

Had it for a year but now i use my work's service since i get half off
A

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2021, 10:15:24 AM »
Do what I do. Day trading is for suckers. I trade at night. That way I can drink all night and get up late.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2021, 11:29:02 AM »
Future day trading millionaire

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2021, 11:43:44 AM »

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2021, 12:26:20 PM »
You need about 100k in an account to realistically make money day trading

With 10k you’ll be eaten up quick putting on small size. You don’t have as good a connection as you think either. You’ll be competing against people close or sitting on the exchanges. You’ll also need really good software and that will cost you about 2000/month minimum I would think (stellar was that for me). Scalping is very precise you’d probably need to be doing spreads but you’ve nobody to mentor you as all those courses are junk. Think about it, why would you leave the desk from making millions a year to give away your edge. You’ll be paying commission on trades also.
You will lose

I do not like you at all I think you are a complete retard but I do not want you to lose your life savings

How did people trade stocks in the 1920's?  You had to phone your broker, pay huge fees, and you got your quote from the newspaper. 

People who focus on software, transaction speeds, and monitors are just making excuses. 

Jesse Livermore:
“There is nothing new in Wall Street. There can’t be because speculation is as old as the hills. Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”

Paul Tudor Jones:
"Where you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always first and foremost protecting your ass. That's why most people lose money as individual investors or traders because they're not focusing on losing money. They need to focus on the money that they have at risk and how much capital is at risk in any single investment they have. If everyone spent 90 percent of their time on that, not 90 percent of the time on pie-in-the-sky ideas on how much money they're going to make, then they will be incredibly successful investors."

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2021, 01:13:20 PM »

How did people trade stocks in the 1920's?  You had to phone your broker, pay huge fees, and you got your quote from the newspaper. 

People who focus on software, transaction speeds, and monitors are just making excuses. 

Jesse Livermore:
“There is nothing new in Wall Street. There can’t be because speculation is as old as the hills. Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again.”

Paul Tudor Jones:
"Where you want to be is always in control, never wishing, always trading, and always first and foremost protecting your ass. That's why most people lose money as individual investors or traders because they're not focusing on losing money. They need to focus on the money that they have at risk and how much capital is at risk in any single investment they have. If everyone spent 90 percent of their time on that, not 90 percent of the time on pie-in-the-sky ideas on how much money they're going to make, then they will be incredibly successful investors."

90% of the money moved in and out of the U.S. market is controlled and part of a rigged game.

Don’t think for a minute that the insiders are going to allow an outsider a significant piece of the pie.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2021, 01:41:40 PM »
If I was shopping for a Doctor, Dentist, Financial Advisor etc and I saw that set up on their wall, I would wonder about their ability to pay attention to detail. Probably irrelevant but I couldn't help myself

I'm serious, if i saw that in any professional business setting i would find a new Doc/Accountant/Dentist.

No questions asked.

It may be the OCD, but that bothers the shit out of me.

Some brilliant people are very messy, but i have standards. ;D

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2021, 01:42:11 PM »
90% of the money moved in and out of the U.S. market is controlled and part of a rigged game.

Don’t think for a minute that the insiders are going to allow an outsider a significant piece of the pie.

Nonsense.  How is it rigged?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2021, 02:08:54 PM »

Hedge fund manipulation
Social media manipulation
Changing of Insider Trading Laws
Changing of definition of fiduciary responsibility
IPOs
SPACs
Marking up

It’s a 50,000 word answer, but if you believe the markets are fair and transparent that is your right. As always, best of luck with your investing.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2021, 02:56:34 PM »

Joke reply?

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2021, 03:59:44 PM »
Hedge fund manipulation
Social media manipulation
Changing of Insider Trading Laws
Changing of definition of fiduciary responsibility
IPOs
SPACs
Marking up

It’s a 50,000 word answer, but if you believe the markets are fair and transparent that is your right. As always, best of luck with your investing.

Definitely rigged

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #89 on: October 13, 2021, 04:01:57 PM »

Jesse Livermore:

Paul Tudor Jones:

Times have changed drastically much more people trade and higher volumes markets move in the blink of an eye and we have algorithms and front loading and other weird shit

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
Good luck Vince

Any hot tips on which crypto to get into?

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2021, 05:32:36 PM »
Times have changed drastically much more people trade and higher volumes markets move in the blink of an eye and we have algorithms and front loading and other weird shit

Yes, times have changed.  It's way easier and cheaper to trade and more people trading actually makes it easier.  Markets moved pretty fast back in 1929.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 13, 2021, 07:34:14 PM »
Vincent, will your new day trading endeavor impact potential job offers in Africa?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2021, 07:37:04 PM »
when do you start your classes? I only ask because you announced you wouldn't be around much and then answer every post.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2021, 07:59:15 PM »

Even HFT only really works when you are buying and selling huge blocks.

How much leverage would Melvin have? How much can he put into a position and hold? Does he understand how to make profit shorting the market?

If you want to learn how to play poker, you don’t go to Vegas and learn at $500/hand tables.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2021, 08:22:56 PM »
when do you start your classes? I only ask because you announced you wouldn't be around much and then answer every post.

They are very short courses.

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2021, 08:37:36 PM »
nice job hanging up those certificates.

Maxwell Smart

• Getbig II
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2021, 11:28:39 PM »

Im only going to do a few trades a day but i can increase it if needed.  Not making it a full-time job

That won't work my friend.  You won't be able to do more than 4 and then you're cut off.  This is a legal requirement.

For day traders in the U.S., the legal minimum balance required to day trade stocks is $25,000. If the balance drops below that level, day trading isn't allowed until a deposit is made bringing the balance above $25,000.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2021, 11:54:38 PM »
The odds of making money holding mid to long term as opposed to day trading are way way higher, why he has 80k in the bank losing value each year to inflation rather than in an Index Fund is just another example of why Vince does everything wrong and is always late to the party.