Author Topic: BR)-BODYBUILDER'S ESTIMATED NET WORTH  (Read 3950 times)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: BR)-BODYBUILDER'S ESTIMATED NET WORTH
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2021, 09:03:14 AM »
Funk,
Just post the whole internet for us to read.
  I do so you don't have to click on the link and possibly expose yourself to a virus {not the corona}, but just as annoying and troublesome. ;D
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2021, 09:07:24 AM »
  I do so you don't have to click on the link and possibly expose yourself to a virus {not the corona}, but just as annoying and troublesome. ;D

Just post the link.  There are no viruses since you already went there.  That's not how viruses work.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2021, 09:09:50 AM »
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2021, 09:11:32 AM »
Just post the link.  There are no viruses since you already went there.  That's not how viruses work.
   see below, I already clicked on shit on here and got a virus. :'(
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2021, 09:28:04 AM »
   see below, I already clicked on shit on here and got a virus. :'(

I don't see anything?

If it's a link to a legit site you've got nothing to worry about.

If you use Windows get an anti-virus program like Avast which is free.

If you're worried then don't click on links.  However, what you are doing with your posts is not necessary. 

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2021, 11:17:55 AM »
All bullshit

No one has any way of knowing the net worth of a private person unless that person shares the info
Correct. They couldn't get the tax returns/income of Trump with the whole world guessing, and people debate everything from he's broke and in debt to 2-3 billion, they damn sure wouldn't be able to calculate exact figures of bodybuilders who most of the world has never heard of. They are guesses. Not to mention people worth over 10 million don't put their money in a bank, it's a complex web of tax shelters, investments and partnerships that would take an advanced economist a long time to even make a guess.

What would be interesting is a list of broke bodybuilders. There are rumors all over getbig of Charles Glass being broke, Mr. USA Rod Koontz died homeless begging for money outside a Starbucks, Bill Pettis died homeless on Venice Beach,  I've even seen a few former top IFBB pros that always seem to be doing their youtube interviews in their car, suggesting perhaps they live part/full time in their car. Denise Rutkowski has been seemingly homeless at times, Who was that guy who lived in his van outside Golds in Bigger, Stronger, Faster? Would be a fascinating list, not to bash on those unfortunate broke bodybuilders, but as perhaps a wake up call to modern bodybuilders that don't understand this is a short sport, and the few that have a chance to make money better take advantage of it and invest, as opposed to the customized luxury cars and leased luxury homes. And put away ALOT for health issues as you get older. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2021, 11:59:43 AM »
NOT, You're most likely correct when it comes to "broadcasting" any individual's net worth .... even my own.

One short comment regarding an individual's health insurance for their latter years .....

I honestly cannot recall ever having any concern about medical expenses .... mainly due to the fact that I have been pretty dan healthy  throughout my lifetime (family included) and that I spent a long period of time in the US Military ( Corps ) and I honestly cannot  recall ever paying a med bill except on two occasions when I paid $80 each in a civilian emergency room  for some illness which was perfectly healthy (so said the doc).

So I offer two suggestion for those GetBiggers who want no medical worries in their later years ,,,

Stay healthy while young.

Join the Corps and get full medical coverage for a lifetime.

Live  long and hearty and cost free, Stunt

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2021, 12:14:47 PM »
NOT, You're most likely correct when it comes to "broadcasting" any individual's net worth .... even my own.

One short comment regarding an individual's health insurance for their latter years .....

I honestly cannot recall ever having any concern about medical expenses .... mainly due to the fact that I have been pretty dan healthy  throughout my lifetime (family included) and that I spent a long period of time in the US Military (the  to be Corps specific) and I honestly cannot  recall ever paying a med bill except on two occasions when I paid $80 each in a civilian emergency room  for some illness which was perfectly healthy (so said the doc).

So I offer two suggestion for those GetBiggers who want no medical worries in their later years ,,,

Stay healthy while young.

Join the Corps and get full medical coverage for a lfetime.

Srmper FI !!
Or just be poor and be on Medicaid for a lifetime.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2021, 12:26:44 PM »
I think a lot of these sites throw in the value of the house which doesn't tell you if it's paid off or has a 5% down payment with a mortgage that has to be paid off upon sale. The other value is pure speculation. Who knows the value of a supplement company?  These sites have no access to your tax return, pay check or investments.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2021, 05:17:15 PM »
I think a lot of these sites throw in the value of the house which doesn't tell you if it's paid off or has a 5% down payment with a mortgage that has to be paid off upon sale. The other value is pure speculation. Who knows the value of a supplement company?  These sites have no access to your tax return, pay check or investments.

It is the difference between the mortgage and appraised value that is applied to net worth....not just the appraised value or sales price. Otherwise, they are fudging on their net worth.

https://finance.zacks.com/include-homes-value-net-worth-calculations-1536.html

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2021, 05:22:25 PM »
It is the difference between the mortgage and appraised value that is applied to net worth....not just the appraised value. Otherwise, they are fudging on their net worth.

It's the equity in your house. One guy has a 500K house and he has 10k left on the mortgage. Another has a 500K house that he put 20K down and has 480K to go on the mortgage. Both 500K houses are listed as 500K assets by people assigning wealth. Legally both own the houses but if anyone fails to pay their mortgage or taxes the house will return to the bank or the county government they live in.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2021, 07:33:00 PM »
It's the equity in your house. On guy has a 500K house and he has 10k left on the mortgage. Another has a 500K house that he put 20K down and has 480K to go on the mortgage. Both 500K houses are listed as 500K assets by people assigning wealth. Legally both own the houses but if anyone fails to pay their mortgage or taxes the house will return to the bank or the county government they live in.

True. Except seniors like me, and if our incomes qualify because they are low enough, in Oregon, we can get a waiver on property taxes. The catch is that whoever inherits the property has to pay whatever back taxes are owed. I don't qualify, nor would I do it if I did.

A close friend of mine with no family just took out a reverse mortgage. I guess it makes sense for him, but I can't see myself ever doing that. It seems so counter-productive.

Omega Male

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2021, 09:04:32 PM »
Well if I'm not mistaken the bodybuilder behind GH15 has made over 9 million dollars since 2005, incredible success story and up there with the richest, and this is only from the net.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2021, 04:50:36 AM »
   Ty Cobb’s Estate Would Own More Coca-Cola Stock Than Warren Buffett
 The Conservative Income Investor May 11, 2021 0 Comments

A noteworthy investing passage from page 155 of Charles Alexander’s book “Ty Cobb”:

“In the 1920s, Cobb’s Coca-Cola stock would prove particularly remunerative. Since his first commercial endorsements for the soft drink in 1908, Cobb had been friends with Robert W. Woodruff, who in 1923 succeeded his father as president of the Atlanta based-business. Woodruff and Cobb were frequent hunting companions, especially at the Woodruff family’s plantation in southwestern Georgia. Many people later regretted not getting in on the ground floor with Coca-Cola, as Cobb had done; but maybe none were sorrier than three sports writers whom Cobb, relaxing in New York on the evening after he was named Tigers manager, futilely urged to buy Coca-Cola at a little more than twenty dollars per share. Within a few years that stock was worth nine times as much. Cobb himself continued to buy into Coca-Cola, whose profits and operations expanded spectacularly throughout the 1920s, and eventually came to own 20,000 shares.”

With reinvested dividends and the cosmetic change of stock splits, that 20,000 share position that Ty Cobb acquired would have ballooned into 146 million shares today. Considering that Coca-Cola has 4.3 billion shares outstanding, this means that Ty Cobb’s estate would have owned 3.39% of the business. Visit a McDonald’s during the lunch rush, and the profits from two or three customers getting Coke refills would have gone straight to the legacy holders of the Ty Cobb investment.

By contrast, Warren Buffett owns 18.75% of Berkshire Hathaway, which in turn, owns 400,000,000 shares of Coca-Cola. This means that Warren Buffett’s look-through economic ownership of Coca-Cola is around 75,000,000, or about half of what the Cobb position would have grown to today.

You know what’s crazy? Buffett sank $1.3 billion into Coca-Cola stock from 1987 through 1993. In the 1920s and 1930s, Ty Cobb sank less than a million dollars in aggregate into KO stock. And yet, his position would have doubled Buffett’s over the coming decades. Amount of capital, compounding rate, and time are the three elements that control your final wealth amount. Finding the businesses growing at a 10-12% rate and giving it a long runway to compound is your best bet to offset any deficiencies in the initial amount of money you have to invest.
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2021, 12:41:09 PM »
Cobb died in 1961 so he was dead before much of that compounding of wealth took place.

Coca-Cola's stock price in 1962 (he died in 1961) was around 20 cents. 

Cobb owned 20,000 shares x .20 = $4,000

Coca-Cola's stock did not take off until the 1980s.  It went from around .20/share to today's value of around $55/share.

I wonder what happened to Cobb's stock?  His heirs or estate probably sold it.  It was not a tremendous sum then.

I read he was a real skinflint and used to save the old pieces of soap from the team showers to take back home to his plantation slaves...er...workers.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2021, 12:50:11 PM »
Cobb died in 1961 so he was dead before much of that compounding of wealth took place.

Coca-Cola's stock price in 1962 (he died in 1961) was around 20 cents. 

Cobb owned 20,000 shares x .20 = $4,000

I wonder what happened to Cobb's stock?  His heirs or estate probably sold it.

I read he was a real skinflint and used to save the old pieces of soap from the team showers to take back home to his plantation slaves...er...workers.
He was quite charitable though.  He took care of several broke ex MLB players financially.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2021, 12:56:19 PM »
He was quite charitable though.  He took care of several broke ex MLB players financially.

He had his good and bad points like anybody.

Can you imagine him in today's cancel culture?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2021, 02:42:36 AM »
He had his good and bad points like anybody.

Can you imagine him in today's cancel culture?
Yeah, he'd be out of the league fast.  He used to go into the stands after heckling fans. 8)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2022, 10:42:51 AM »
 8)
F

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2022, 10:51:46 AM »
I doubt Lou Ferrigno is worth $15 million.

$15,000,000 / $20 = 750,000 autographed photos.

Not likely.

Offensive

• Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2022, 11:11:57 AM »
Where does Bhanky fit on this list?

Bhanky crushes it because his physique is "priceless"

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2022, 10:22:09 AM »
That's a rather specific number...$777,000.

Price of his house lol

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2022, 10:37:06 AM »
Today I learned that a year and a half ago, stuntmovie shared Chris Bumstead's net worth, for reasons known only to him.

But because of that, today, I am wondering who Chris Bumstead is.

Carry on.
Y

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2022, 01:12:02 PM »
Today I learned that a year and a half ago, stuntmovie shared Chris Bumstead's net worth, for reasons known only to him.

But because of that, today, I am wondering who Chris Bumstead is.

Carry on.

Beautiful.

Getbig is an educational site that opens new doors.

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2022, 01:23:50 PM »
Those "net worth" sites are bullshit.
T