Getbig Main Boards > Gossip & Opinions

Brutally Unflexible

<< < (2/11) > >>

Van_Bilderass:
I'm really unflexible. I don't know if there are health benefits to flexibility. I know you don't want too much of it either.

One thing I've learned through my readings is that stretching basically does nothing to muscle or tendons really, they certainly don't get "longer." What happens with stretching when flexibility is increased is an adaptation in the nervous system instead. You kind of desensitize to the resistance to stretch, you don't feel the pain.

I get about half the range on the adductor machines compared to others in the gym. This is the machine that gives me the most uncomfortable DOMS out of all when I go back to it. I always make the mistake of going too hard. In pain, hard to walk, last time I was almost feverish the next day lol.

djliftsthings:

--- Quote from: Rambone on October 15, 2021, 05:23:57 PM ---What about 8 Minute Abs?

--- End quote ---

what are these abs you speak of?

oldtimer1:
Most people think of flexibility with the legs. Many guys who body build and bench tend to have very inflexible shoulder joints, elbows and hands. This leads to a high injury potential lifting.

I also have problems with flexibility. I went on an extensive shoulder program to gain flexibility in the joint awhile back. There are so many movements.  I think I was doing six shoulder related stretches at one point. I drifted away from it when my shoulder got better but truth be told I should have stayed with it. Most guys with shoulder issues only work the rotator cuff muscles and that's a good thing. They would be so much better off if they worked on their shoulder flexibility too.

Spike:
flexibility is conditioning

the more you do it - the better you respond - i just can’t bring myself to stretch everyday - i’m a loser who has to work often 

hips and shoulders are key - you can pay people to stretch you now at specific places(like StretchZone) - never tried it but makes sense

I would rather pay someone to stretch me than some trainer - BUT there is no real certification, yet, maybe like some physio type 

Marty Champions:
Ill pick a certain yoga and do it to failure like everything else after .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version