Author Topic: Gunner Rosbo  (Read 60111 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Gunner Rosbo
« on: May 15, 2007, 01:27:13 PM »
Anyone know who this guy is?  I think he was canadian and was supposed to hve a huge career but fell out of sight, found this pic the other day, looks impressive:
nasser=piece of shit

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Gunner Rosbo
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 11:37:42 PM »
Norwegian, turned pro early 80's, good arms, lots of coverage due to marketable looks, never really did much as a pro. But always finished up there, top 6-10.
Otherwise, dont know much, maybe one of the experts/old-timers can assist...

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 06:51:14 AM »
Norwegian, turned pro early 80's, good arms, lots of coverage due to marketable looks, never really did much as a pro. But always finished up there, top 6-10.
Otherwise, dont know much, maybe one of the experts/old-timers can assist...
Slowdown bozo, he never turned pro, he was 81 and 82 IFBB Amateur World Championships second place finisher.
He could turn pro in 1982 but his rival was Lee Haney :D
It's like hitting a brick wall!
I recently made an interview with 1979 NABBA Mr. Universe and 1982  IFBB Light-Heavyweight Amateur World Champion Ahmet Enunlu, he said, Rosbo had such fantastic forearms that you would stare them for hours without ever getting bored...
But great back is more important than great set of arms for a good bodybuilding career :D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »
Slowdown bozo, he never turned pro, he was 81 and 82 IFBB Amateur World Championships second place finisher.
He could turn pro in 1982 but his rival was Lee Haney :D
It's like hitting a brick wall!
I recently made an interview with 1979 NABBA Mr. Universe and 1982  IFBB Light-Heavyweight Amateur World Champion Ahmet Enunlu, he said, Rosbo had such fantastic forearms that you would stare them for hours without ever getting bored...
But great back is more important than great set of arms for a good bodybuilding career :D

Relax, my insult-throwing-friend... >:(

I didnt call you a fucking mother-fucking piece of shit, did I? So, why the angst? ;D

Yes, he won the the heavyweight Euro champs, and was next big thing, but didnt deliver on promise, although got lots of coverage.

My bad :-[

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 01:45:01 PM »
Ahmet Enunlu, he said, Rosbo had such fantastic forearms that you would stare them for hours without ever getting bored...

i'm sure enunlu was as straight a gentleman as one could hope to meet.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 01:25:56 AM »
i'm sure enunlu was as straight a gentleman as one could hope to meet.
Absolutely, and he is in great shape too.
He is 5' 7 and weights around 190 pounds with killer set of arms, magnificent calves, totally complete package.
He is 59 years young, has magnificent shape, he is one of the few bodybuilders ever competed in 5 DECADES...
From 1969 to 2000.

A.A

• Getbig I
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 06:15:43 AM »
Here`s a few more pics :)

Gunnar was a true genetic freak! I`ve heard many stories about this giant... He was more or less an alcoholic, smoked like a maniac and mostly lived on fast food :o In many of his competitions he was so drunk he barely could stand ;D

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2007, 07:30:02 AM »
rosbo was a freak...he had 42cm forearms before he started working out  :o

at his biggest his forearms measured 50-51cm...
he was very strong and for example used to do very heavy skullcrushers....some say even up to 140kg....i dont know if that is true tho lol... he was also an alcoholic who would take a zip of vodka before and after his workouts  ;D.... and take breaks in his workouts every 5min to go outside and smoke.....

but of course as always...stories are exagerated as they are told from one person to another
there can be no doubt tho...rosbo was a freak.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 08:07:41 AM »
The drinking and smoking sure, and doesn't necessarily mean he was alcoholic, just in his zone.

But 16in forearms before starting to train?

20in forearms later?

Dont think so.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 02:45:27 PM »
The drinking and smoking sure, and doesn't necessarily mean he was alcoholic, just in his zone.

But 16in forearms before starting to train?

20in forearms later?

Dont think so.

doesnt matter if you think so or not.

he was an alcoholic who had mental problems (not retardation), and yes his forearms where bigger (42cm...same as his dad) before he started working out than your arms are  ;D

and yes, drinking does not mean you are an alcoholic. but rosbo was an alcoholic.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 05:22:45 AM »

he was an alcoholic who had mental problems (not retardation), and yes his forearms where bigger (42cm...same as his dad) before he started working out than your arms are  ;D

and yes, drinking does not mean you are an alcoholic. but rosbo was an alcoholic.

Seems to matter to you :-*.

So, what did his upper arms measure, or where they same size, or smaller than forearms?

If these stats are for real (not doubting you slaveboy, just understand my skepticism...),  its freaky shit.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 05:25:24 AM »

Hey...!

My arms are bigger than that, 42.009cm measured today. COLD. ;D

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 03:59:17 PM »
Didn't have the torso density to compete with Haney.  INCREDIBLE ARMS. 

Dr Pangloss

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 05:26:02 PM »
The last contests he was in, he had a HUGE difference between right and left side.  I think due to injury.  One of the biggest r-l asymmetries i've ever seen.  He disappeared after that...

I remember he smoked too, but the main thing was his r-l symmetry was incredibly off.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 11:09:48 AM »
The last contests he was in, he had a HUGE difference between right and left side.  I think due to injury.  One of the biggest r-l asymmetries i've ever seen.  He disappeared after that...

I remember he smoked too, but the main thing was his r-l symmetry was incredibly off.

pinched nerv caused his left side to be alot smaller than his right side. But before that happened, even haney considered him a threat.

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2008, 02:59:11 AM »
This topic is old but i´ve got some info on Gunnar that i think some would find a good read.

Gunnar did indeed have 20 inch forearms, and he placed 2:nd behind Lee Haney at 1982 World Amateur Championships - IFBB where many think he was robbed. He used to say that his upper arms looked "so small" beacuse of his forearm size. His main diet was hot dogs and lots and lots of booze, he even coached others into drinking before contets to get in shape and loose water; 750 ml vodka and 24 beers was his advice to take in the day before the show! Geir Borgan Poelsen 1991 Night of Champions 3:rd place finisher did follow up on exactly this advice in his early career, just to be sick as a dawg on the show (no wonder, eww?). Gunnar never maxed out on his potential and did drink and smoke allthrough his BB career. When he later dropped out of competition he could often be seen in Oslo with the other town drunks, still sporting 20 inch arms, with quite good shape and offcourse his standard cigarette in his right hand and hotdog in his left. He is/was one of the true genetic freaks ever.

Galleries:
http://www.builtreport.com/rosbo.html

http://www.wpse.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery//ThumbnailView.asp?iGalleryUnq=450
MIRAGETROPIN

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2008, 09:54:31 AM »
That haircut did him in.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2008, 04:31:30 PM »
The thing I remember about Gunner was an interview title "Arnold Who???"....hahahah.

Another is that my kinesiology instructor in graduate school, J Lindsey Carter, was one of the leading researchers in the world at that time and developed the Heath-Carter Somatotyping chart/graph.

Long story short-Carter was at the Universe/World Championships in 81 (??) and he measured AL the competitors and graphed then on his Somatotype chart, and Gunner Rosbo was the MOST mesomorphic person he had EVER measured....!!!! True shit!

NotMrAverage

• Getbig IV
  • SCHPORT
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2008, 04:07:27 AM »
Hehe, alot of people doing research says that forearm size and calf size shows a persons genetics most. Commie East Germany even went so far so they went out in schools and took those measurements of 7 year old kids too look for athletic potential. If there is any truth in this which there most likely must be, Gunnar is rankning right up there among the best genes ever. Dorian Yates also comes to mind.
MIRAGETROPIN

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2008, 07:52:41 AM »
I am really sorry because I really don't do this but there is no way his forearms are 20" or even 19" or maybe 18".  Sorry.  Are his forearms bigger than his upper arms.  Have you seen an 18" forearm.  They are bigger than his.  Bill Kaz doesn't have 18" forearms.  I used to inflate my forearm measurement 18" to be bigger and mine at the biggest were 17".  Unless his bicep is somewhere around 23" then I highly doubt he has 20" forearms.  If they were there has to be pics of him measuring his forearms somewhere. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 10:50:07 AM »
Wonder where he is now - any recent pics?  ???

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2008, 12:43:12 PM »
I am really sorry because I really don't do this but there is no way his forearms are 20" or even 19" or maybe 18".  Sorry.  Are his forearms bigger than his upper arms.  Have you seen an 18" forearm.  They are bigger than his.  Bill Kaz doesn't have 18" forearms.  I used to inflate my forearm measurement 18" to be bigger and mine at the biggest were 17".  Unless his bicep is somewhere around 23" then I highly doubt he has 20" forearms.  If they were there has to be pics of him measuring his forearms somewhere. 

hey Keith, how ya doin?? hope all is well in health and in business!  ya know, i've got a pic of my forearm from this summer measuring 17.5". when i was actually training seriously in the 90's they were over 18.5". that being said, they weren't as big as Gunnar or Casey (comparing with Gunnar above). i could see their forearms being close to 19-20.

rik

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2008, 01:06:46 PM »
i guess maybe they weren't any bigger than mine, considering this pic of me was when my forearms were 1" smaller than my best.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2008, 10:32:39 PM »
Dude, are you a midget, those are some freaky forearms...seriously, how tall are you????

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2008, 11:33:51 PM »
Dude, are you a midget, those are some freaky forearms...seriously, how tall are you????

funny thing is i am almost 5'10" but my reach is 6'4". my arms are actually too long for my body. here's me this summer weighing about 240lb.