Author Topic: Pics of Pete G  (Read 13914 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Pics of Pete G
« on: September 20, 2005, 07:11:59 PM »
Does anyone have any competition pics of Grymko.  I have never seen any of him on stage.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
Re: Pics of Pete G
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2005, 07:23:38 PM »

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2005, 07:57:43 PM »
Bixi, I seen all those I want to see him on stage like I said.  Now get to work and find them.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 02:51:17 PM »
OK Boss , but it may be a awhile till I get them up. My internet account is down till they reconnect at my new home .

Jeff Preston

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 08:46:06 AM »
Does anyone have any competition pics of Grymko.  I have never seen any of him on stage.

Now you have! ;)

The 1978 World Cup line up.

Raw-Iron.com

Jeff Preston

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 08:48:54 AM »
You have to hand it to Pete, he made the biggest of the day seem small by comparison.
Pics by himself really don't do the man justice.

Raw-Iron.com

Ra

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 12:00:30 PM »
What are his stats?
Looks impressive.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 12:11:35 PM »
Wow thansk Jeff.  He  competed at 265 ususally.  He weighs about 186 now.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2005, 06:52:34 PM »
The first bodybuilding contest I ever saw featured Pete G and Danny Padilla as guest posers, in Rochester, NY. This was just after Pumping Iron came out, and I was so intrigued with the sport that I went to the Mr. Rochester contest at the Monroe County Fairgrounds.

Watching Danny Padilla and later, Pete G, walk past me on their way to the stage was an experience. Up until then, I never saw human beings that big and muscular! Danny was a show stopper, but Pete had the crowd on the edge of their seats with his posing. One of the songs he posed to was "Everybody's a Winner" by Hot Chocolate, a funk song that was popular at the time.

Pete also did commercials for a local bookstore in the area (I can't recall the name) and would pose with a single biceps shot at the end of the commercial.

What really struck me at the time was that two of the top bodybuilders in the world came from Rochester, where I attended college. Small world.

BTW, Lou Gramm, of the rock group Foreigner, was from the same area in Rochester as Danny Padilla. I worked with Lou's cousin at Xerox Research Labs.

What was so special about Rochester in the late 70's to produce these (and many other) high achievers???

~flower~

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2005, 09:58:19 AM »
What was so special about Rochester in the late 70's to produce these (and many other) high achievers???

I'd say it is the Garbage Plates, but I don't think they were around then.     ::)

In my gym (Rockell's aka Samsons) there is a painting that has both Pete and Danny on it.  Obviously done by a local, but kind of cool nonetheless. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 11:41:09 AM »
I jsut emailed this link to Pete.  Talked to him for a moment but I was in a movie so couldn't talk.  He has a ton of pics himself of things I'm sure no one has seen.  Someday I'll get them and scan them.  He'll be at the Olympia so look for him and say hi. 

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 11:45:14 AM »
onlyme,

How is Pete these days, given his health problems not too long ago?
Lies, damn lies and diets

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 01:00:31 PM »

I'd say it is the Garbage Plates, but I don't think they were around then.     ::)

Boy, That brings back memories.

Nick Tahou's was serving garbage plates back then. After spending the night at the Penny Arcade, Nick's was next on the agenda. Pretty rough crowd though!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2005, 02:23:17 PM »
He is doing allot better now.  He is expecting a baby soon.  He travels allot and spends quite a bit of time in South America and Mexico.  He eats very healthy and very regimented.  I think he'll be fine.  He is a very close friend and I always enjoy talking to him.  I am trying to get him to come on here but he isn't to computer wise. 

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 02:54:24 PM »
Social functioning Pete.

Details at 10.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2005, 04:13:30 PM »
Social functioning Pete.

Details at 10.

I think he means to tell us she's been Titused...  8)

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2005, 08:35:13 PM »
Actually that is Linda who was Petes girlfriend for about 20 years.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2005, 05:28:51 PM »

Boy, That brings back memories.

Nick Tahou's was serving garbage plates back then. After spending the night at the Penny Arcade, Nick's was next on the agenda. Pretty rough crowd though!

Garbage Plates = good shiat     

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 04:59:09 AM »
He is doing allot better now.  He is expecting a baby soon.  He travels allot and spends quite a bit of time in South America and Mexico.  He eats very healthy and very regimented.  I think he'll be fine.  He is a very close friend and I always enjoy talking to him.  I am trying to get him to come on here but he isn't to computer wise. 

Good news. Glad to see Grymko doing well again.  8)
Lies, damn lies and diets

619Rules

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 03:29:42 PM »

In my gym (Rockell's aka Samsons) there is a painting that has both Pete and Danny on it.  Obviously done by a local, but kind of cool nonetheless. 

[/size][/font]    [/color]

Is this one of those paintings that are done on velvet? That would be cool......

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 05:51:37 PM »
Without the stach...

619Rules

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 08:45:16 PM »
Without the stach...

Never seen this photo before-and have never seen Grymko look this massive....his chest is very thick-if anyone saw Gymko in person please post if it was that thibk in 3D........

I remember seeing pics of Dave Johns, and the then seeing him in person-pics just did not tel the whole story. Same with Dorian. Haney too-his chest looked good in pics-but out of this world in person.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2005, 02:04:58 PM »
Never seen this photo before-and have never seen Grymko look this massive....his chest is very thick-if anyone saw Gymko in person please post if it was that thibk in 3D........

I remember seeing pics of Dave Johns, and the then seeing him in person-pics just did not tel the whole story. Same with Dorian. Haney too-his chest looked good in pics-but out of this world in person.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2005, 02:51:01 PM »
WOw is that Pete with too much pro tan on.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2005, 08:04:52 AM »
damn, i never realized Pete was so huge, big man.
Jaejonna rows 125!!