Author Topic: What if steroids never existed?  (Read 6218 times)

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
What if steroids never existed?
« on: June 29, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »

I think after we're all deacd & gone & bb'ing has been returned to it's pre-steroids 1950's state people will look back & wonder "Why did these idiots destroy they're health & ultimately bodies when they coud have done it w/out steroids"?

I don't believe steroids work in an otherwise healthy individual.  I've used every steroid commonly available & got nothing but blood clots.  I'm not a 125lb kid either (5'8, 235lbs), 100% natural.

My point is imagine how much better bb'ing would be if Dr John Bosely Zeigler & CIBA Labs would have never produced Dbol?  Zeigler himself said he wished he's never done it.
I

Hulk-smash!

• Getbig IV
  • All the muscle in the world!
Re: What if steroids never existed?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 02:41:42 PM »
Here's a quote from an article about the beginning of Dianabol >

However much Ziegler might have suspected drugs to be critical in the Soviets’ triumph over American lifters in Vienna, his experiments on York musclemen in this period were less than enlightening. He administered testosterone to 1952 Mr. America Jim Park, featherweight champion Yas Kuzuhara, and John Grimek, who recalled how Ziegler tried to convince me that if I took these shots 2 or 3 times a week, I would get stronger and more muscular without training...but I saw no reaction. In fact I told him I was feeling lousy compared to what I feel normally. So he suggested I return to training. I did.  But after 6 weeks I gave it up [the shots]. I got no results.17 Nor did Park fare any better. He states that he received only one dose, and its only effect was to give him an instant erection upon seeing any female.18 There is no evidence that Hoffman or anyone else at York saw any potential for the drug. Whether Ziegler became discouraged with the results, feared possible side-effects, or became overburdened with regular patients cannot be ascertained, but he engaged in no further research with muscle enhancing drugs.

Here's John Grimek in his day a massive bodybuilder AND Olympic weightlifting medalist.
I

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 05:50:35 PM »
The premise of your post is that steroids barely work and nothing can be further from the truth. We all have seen zeros go to heroes in two months off their initial drug cycle. Dianabol changed bodybuilding and weightlifting opened up the then secret world of performance enhancing drugs.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 06:37:18 AM »
The premise of your post is that steroids barely work and nothing can be further from the truth. We all have seen zeros go to heroes in two months off their initial drug cycle. Dianabol changed bodybuilding and weightlifting opened up the then secret world of performance enhancing drugs.
true, doctors and old muscle mags used to spread this lie years back. doctors because they didn't actually know the effects of them and the mags because they wanted to sell their supplement lines...
F

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 06:44:18 AM »
Obvious troll post in disguise but that avatar of yours sure is hilarious! She has some power to throw a table that weight so far.
?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 11:17:55 AM »

I think after we're all deacd & gone & bb'ing has been returned to it's pre-steroids 1950's state people will look back & wonder "Why did these idiots destroy they're health & ultimately bodies when they coud have done it w/out steroids"?

I don't believe steroids work in an otherwise healthy individual.  I've used every steroid commonly available & got nothing but blood clots.  I'm not a 125lb kid either (5'8, 235lbs), 100% natural.

My point is imagine how much better bb'ing would be if Dr John Bosely Zeigler & CIBA Labs would have never produced Dbol?  Zeigler himself said he wished he's never done it.

I don't believe you should consider yourself "natural" since you admit you used every steroid commonly available. You can say you are steroid free today though.

Not everyone has a bad reaction to steroids. My doctor prescribed D-bol and test when I was in my late teens. The only reaction I had was an increased ability to add weight; some of it muscle. I'm an old man now and I'm still kickin'.

It matters not what you do as how much you do. Anything done in excess is likely going to be bad for you. It's a shame steroids went underground and doctor's could no longer prescribe them with some exceptions. That's when self dosing really kicked in. We seen what happens when folks think if a little bit is good more is going to be better. That's until their hearts and kidneys failed.