Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 410342 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #300 on: August 21, 2015, 12:58:31 PM »
Thought you all might be interested in this little bit of information.

Typical Aromatizing Steroids
◾Dianabol
◾Testosterone
◾Deca Durabolin
◾Sustanon 250
◾Nandrolone Phenylpropionate (NPP)

Products needed to prevent the moon face look
◾Aromasin or Arimidex
◾Cardarine (GW-501516)
◾N2Guard

Red face is a little more complicated. It seems there are a variety of remedies which may or may not work depending on which steroid one is on and how it reacts  to each individual's system. BTW too much alcohol can also cause red face. Slo-niacin can cause flushing too.

Fortunately, I've never experienced this side effect. But then, I take a comparatively low dosage of testosterone. Even though I take Slo-niacin for cardio-vascular health, it has never caused me any problem.

I just remembered, I forgot to take the Arimidex last Wednesday....seriously.

wow..you went to the dark side Prime?

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #301 on: August 21, 2015, 02:27:39 PM »
Laughed at No:4 but very true. How long are you going to train in the Gym ?

I think I have 3 or 4 weeks left on the gift membership.  Do the guys who use steroids really think they should get credit for the physique drugs built? They can fool the general public but not guys in the know. Some of the drugs coming out of China with counterfeit boxes, inserts and labeling must be real crap.  Just seen too many bloated soft muscle guys.  

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2015, 04:38:24 AM »

I think I have 3 or 4 weeks left on the gift membership.  Do the guys who use steroids really think they should get credit for the physique drugs built? They can fool the general public but not guys in the know. Some of the drugs coming out of China with counterfeit boxes, inserts and labeling must real crap.  Just seen too many bloated soft muscle guys. 
ha...bloated soft muscle guys...made me laugh. Enjoy your last few weeks.. we had a fat bloated mess in the Gym for a while who tried to give his expert advice to some younger guys in the Gym. another member in the Gym told me the Guy used to train in another gym he trained in...same thing but they kicked him out. You know exercises like lying on a Decline Bench(opposit way round) with a Dumbbell between his feet doing leg curls was more important than getting his diet sorted and doing some cardio.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2015, 08:43:14 AM »
I thought of another gym observation that pisses me off. Why do people think they can take the 25lbs,30, 35,40 and 45 dumbbells to a bench thinking they can use all of them with their various circuits? Just arrogant scum bags. The same people will put their phone, water bottle and towel on three machines saying they are using all  of them. 

I noticed a guy was using both the incline and decline hammer bench machine alternating. I went on the one he wasn't using and worked out on it.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #304 on: August 22, 2015, 08:57:10 AM »
Regarding Prime's drug post here our my thoughts.

Steroids can cause high blood pressure leading to flushing of the face. Really apparent during exertion.  Bloating is both the water retention and the increased estrogen level through aromatase. The increased blood pressure along with the spikes in blood pressure while lifting can cause kidney damage that can further lead to water retention. I think the excess androgens activates the enzyme causing increased estrogen to go along with the increased male hormones. The moon face which can be water retention and/or an increase in cortisol is another problem.   

Working out both lifting and some kind of cardio can be one of the best things you can do to look good and take care of your health. Drug bodybuilding is just an illusion . An illusion of health and fitness.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #305 on: August 22, 2015, 09:08:07 AM »
I really do cardio for the Health benefits to my Heart and lungs. Fat burning comes with it when you do it regular and that is the important point.. why work on your exterior if your Motor is not also being worked? Both are hand in hand in my opinion. Cardio+weights.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #306 on: August 22, 2015, 09:34:13 AM »
I thought of another gym observation that pisses me off. Why do people think they can take the 25lbs,30, 35,40 and 45 dumbbells to a bench thinking they can use all of them with their various circuits? Just arrogant scum bags. The same people will put their phone, water bottle and towel on three machines saying they are using all  of them. 

I noticed a guy was using both the incline and decline hammer bench machine alternating. I went on the one he wasn't using and worked out on it.
My gym is empty enough and has enough sets of db's that people can do that stuff and not bother most. I'm not in a chain gym though. Can't stand the 24hr fitness chain style gyms. Full of twinkie douchebags doing cardio in the aisle like having abs when you weigh 160#'s is impressive. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: August 22, 2015, 09:54:02 AM »
Regarding Prime's drug post here our my thoughts.

Steroids can cause high blood pressure leading to flushing of the face. Really apparent during exertion.  Bloating is both the water retention and the increased estrogen level through aromatase. The increased blood pressure along with the spikes in blood pressure while lifting can cause kidney damage that can further lead to water retention. I think the excess androgens activates the enzyme causing increased estrogen to go along with the increased male hormones. The moon face which can be water retention and/or an increase in cortisol is another problem.   

Working out both lifting and some kind of cardio can be one of the best things you can do to look good and take care of your health. Drug bodybuilding is just an illusion . An illusion of health and fitness.

If the only reason a person is taking steroids is for bodybuilding, then they are unnecessarily risking their health for the sake of looking better. No everyone who takes steroids takes them for bodybuilding. Some folks, like me, are on a doctor prescribed steroid. Steroids are prescribed to help with the healing process and to boost one's immune system. Testosterone is also prescribed to folks who have a testosterone deficiency. This is often the case as men age. Testosterone in the correct dose can actually improve your health. Facial flushing is not always a sign of high blood pressure.   

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2015, 10:00:40 AM »
If the only reason a person is taking steroids is for bodybuilding, then they are unnecessarily risking their health for the sake of looking better. No everyone who takes steroids takes them for bodybuilding. Some folks, like me, are on a doctor prescribed steroid. Steroids are prescribed to help with the healing process and to boost one's immune system. Testosterone is also prescribed to folks who have a testosterone deficiency. This is often the case as men age. Testosterone in the correct dose can actually improve your health. Facial flushing is not always a sign of high blood pressure.   
Some donīt even take Roids and are a mess in the Gym.. ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: August 22, 2015, 10:02:53 AM »

I think I have 3 or 4 weeks left on the gift membership.  Do the guys who use steroids really think they should get credit for the physique drugs built? They can fool the general public but not guys in the know. Some of the drugs coming out of China with counterfeit boxes, inserts and labeling must be real crap.  Just seen too many bloated soft muscle guys.  

If someone takes steroids and doesn't workout, they won't develop much of a physique. So yes, if a person works out and takes steroids to enhance their physique they should get credit for working out. There are people who go to the extreme and become massive. Carrying extra weight regardless whether it is muscle of fat, is hard on your heart and can lead to other health problems.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #310 on: August 22, 2015, 10:13:56 AM »
My gym is empty enough and has enough sets of db's that people can do that stuff and not bother most. I'm not in a chain gym though. Can't stand the 24hr fitness chain style gyms. Full of twinkie douchebags doing cardio in the aisle like having abs when you weigh 160#'s is impressive. ::)

Like you, I am a member of an independent gym. While not all that fancy, it has more equipment then the chains do. You could pretty much train in whatever way you want. There is a large pool, if you want to swim. There is crossfit, aerobics and yoga in the annex. You can choose between a seemingly endless number of machines. The dumbbell rack is at least 50 feet long. There is a separate room for power lifting where you can crank up the stereo and shout or grunt as much a you wish. All this and I only pay $220 a year. I could go free if I wanted to use the "Silver Sneakers" program.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: August 22, 2015, 10:35:36 AM »
Like you, I am a member of an independent gym. While not all that fancy, it has more equipment then the chains do. You could pretty much train in whatever way you want. There is a large pool, if you want to swim. There is crossfit, aerobics and yoga in the annex. You can choose between a seemingly endless number of machines. The dumbbell rack is at least 50 feet long. There is a separate room for power lifting where you can crank up the stereo and shout or grunt as much a you wish. All this and I only pay $220 a year. I could go free if I wanted to use the "Silver Sneakers" program.
My gym also offers the silver sneakers, we had 3 sets of each db up to 50#, then 2 sets each up to 100#, then just 1 set each up to 145#. Tons of room and most of the clientele are elderly so they stick with the machines and cardio. It's expensive 70/month, but worth it to avoid the douchebags oldtimer is running into. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #312 on: August 22, 2015, 01:13:45 PM »
My gym also offers the silver sneakers, we had 3 sets of each db up to 50#, then 2 sets each up to 100#, then just 1 set each up to 145#. Tons of room and most of the clientele are elderly so they stick with the machines and cardio. It's expensive 70/month, but worth it to avoid the douchebags oldtimer is running into. ;D

The reasons my membership is so cheap is that I have been a member since I was 38 years old, that is 32 years. Although the gym has changed hands three times, each new owner honored my guaranteed rate. Also, I pay them for the whole year rather then bother with monthly payments. I saves each of us some work.

If I remember, I'll checkout the dumbbell count. I suspect your gym has more sets than mine has. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #313 on: August 22, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »
so you train people ? at what exactly?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: August 22, 2015, 01:15:37 PM »
wow..you went to the dark side Prime?

Yeah, I am a roid freak!  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #315 on: August 22, 2015, 01:22:37 PM »
Some donīt even take Roids and are a mess in the Gym.. ;D

Yup, this is true. There are obese folks, decrepit people, skinny people and those who have no clue what they are doing.

My longtime friend Earl still works out. He is ten years older than I am and he has Parkinson's. He's lifted all his adult life. He looked amazing when he competed back when he was in his 30's. Despite his advanced age and health issues he still looks damn good. Just goes to show, working out is a healthy endeavor.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: August 22, 2015, 01:25:58 PM »
so you train people ? at what exactly?

It appears that you misread the post you quoted. There is nothing in that post that I can see regarding his being a trainer.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #317 on: August 22, 2015, 01:35:43 PM »
It appears that you misread the post you quoted. There is nothing in that post that I can see regarding his being a trainer.
you misread the meaning behind my post  ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2015, 01:48:14 PM »
Nevermind him Prime, he's running around acting immature. That sort of stuff happens to some people when they get old and start falling apart.

32 years is a long time commitment to one facility.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #319 on: August 22, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »
Nevermind him Prime, he's running around acting immature. That sort of stuff happens to some people when they get old and start falling apart.

Donīt avoid the question

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2015, 04:40:53 PM »
Went to a bay side bar for a burger and a beer with the wife. Then hung in my pool for about 3 hours in the sun having more beer floating around. I will pay for this a little tomorrow but it was a fantastic day enjoying life. Wife wants to go to the ocean tomorrow to body surf but I told her I have to train legs. She doesn't get it. She said you can go to a beach filled with half naked women and in addition to that body surf waves but you would rather lift weights in a gym with a bunch of misfits?  Maybe I can do both but I doubt it.   

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2015, 06:31:01 PM »

Yes it is a long time. At one point after Billy Jack Haynes (the wrestler) sold the gym, the new owner decided to expand the facility. He moved it to a different location about a half mile away. It is still in that location, which is fairly close to where I live. It takes less than 10 minutes to get there from my house. He also started expanding to other locations around Portland. I think at one point he had about a half dozen gyms. Unfortunately, he got in over his head and ended up closing all but two gyms, just before he died. The new owner has kept his focus on the two locations. The gym I go to is the flagship of the two.

I looked at the dumbbell rack today when I was there. It is pretty much the same as what you described your gym to have. I think the cutoff is 100 lb. dumbbells where it drops to just one set of each progressive weight. I neglected to check the maximum weight. It's definitely more than I can handle though.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2015, 06:36:09 PM »
Went to a bay side bar for a burger and a beer with the wife. Then hung in my pool for about 3 hours in the sun having more beer floating around. I will pay for this a little tomorrow but it was a fantastic day enjoying life. Wife wants to go to the ocean tomorrow to body surf but I told her I have to train legs. She doesn't get it. She said you can go to a beach filled with half naked women and in addition to that body surf waves but you would rather lift weights in a gym with a bunch of misfits?  Maybe I can do both but I doubt it.   

Hate to tell you this, but your wife has a point. The weather is good now. Enjoy the beach whenever you can. In a month or so, beach time will be over for the season. I disagree with your wife regarding one thing she said. Those of us at the gym are not misfits....we are just on top of our game.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »
I worked chest and arms today.

Wide Hammer Strength decline bench presses, 4X12-10
Incline Hammer Strength bench presses, 4X12-8
Nautilus pullovers, 4X12
Preacher curls, 4X12-8
Seated dumbbell alternate curls, 4X10
Nautilus dips, 4X12-10
Nautilus forearm machine, 4X15

30 minutes of cardio.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »
Yes it is a long time. At one point after Billy Jack Haynes (the wrestler) sold the gym, the new owner decided to expand the facility. He moved it to a different location about a half mile away. It is still in that location, which is fairly close to where I live. It takes less than 10 minutes to get there from my house. He also started expanding to other locations around Portland. I think at one point he had about a half dozen gyms. Unfortunately, he got in over his head and ended up closing all but two gyms, just before he died. The new owner has kept his focus on the two locations. The gym I go to is the flagship of the two.

I looked at the dumbbell rack today when I was there. It is pretty much the same as what you described your gym to have. I think the cutoff is 100 lb. dumbbells where it drops to just one set of each progressive weight. I neglected to check the maximum weight. It's definitely more than I can handle though.
I'll be in Corvallis Mon/Tues.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!