Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 410353 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1075 on: December 21, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »
good to have u back rich..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1076 on: December 22, 2015, 03:37:28 AM »
good to have u back rich..
yes Rich is a good dude, Makes me laugh at times.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1077 on: December 22, 2015, 05:35:20 AM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1078 on: December 22, 2015, 08:42:14 PM »
catch up ,,

chest,,my favorite body part but struggling with rom and pain..
inc press,,,these hurt this week,,i felt great prior to workout 'like little pain'got up to 135 woo hoo...this 2 moths i think and i'm still noy better on pressing ,,sux..

seated chest press x4 these hurt as well 'stack type press' got to 110

inc flyes 25/30/35 so/so here rage of motion getting there

cable crossovers x3 no pain on these

2 sets cable press instead crossover 'push handles straight out

tris
seated extension machine x4
rope pushdowns x3
dip machine x3
finished 3 sets reverse pushdowns with overhead extensions

abs

treadmill..

day 2
back/traps...no pain at all from shoulder on back work..

superset underhanded close grip pulldowns with db 2 handed rows x4

standing narrow bar pulls to waist superset with db pullovers x3

cable small bar pulls to chest standing superset with low wide bar cable rows x3

traps
underhanded cable shrugs x3
reverse behind back shrugs x4

abs

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1079 on: December 23, 2015, 03:37:20 AM »
catch up ,,

chest,,my favorite body part but struggling with rom and pain..
inc press,,,these hurt this week,,i felt great prior to workout 'like little pain'got up to 135 woo hoo...this 2 moths i think and i'm still noy better on pressing ,,sux..

seated chest press x4 these hurt as well 'stack type press' got to 110

inc flyes 25/30/35 so/so here rage of motion getting there

cable crossovers x3 no pain on these

2 sets cable press instead crossover 'push handles straight out

tris
seated extension machine x4
rope pushdowns x3
dip machine x3
finished 3 sets reverse pushdowns with overhead extensions

abs

treadmill..

day 2
back/traps...no pain at all from shoulder on back work..

superset underhanded close grip pulldowns with db 2 handed rows x4

standing narrow bar pulls to waist superset with db pullovers x3

cable small bar pulls to chest standing superset with low wide bar cable rows x3

traps
underhanded cable shrugs x3
reverse behind back shrugs x4

abs

Keep pumpin Man... full body workout for me today and maybe a cycle around on my Mountain bike.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1080 on: December 23, 2015, 05:43:26 AM »
thanks donny just cruising right now,,i'm eating up right now i'm a little bigger than summer look'water/additional bf,still abs but fuller look,shame i can't press hard ,my chest is still big 'relative to me'size wise,,i'm hitting it with pump sets and slow reps /squeeze stuff all i can do,dips and heavy dumbells i can't forsee for some time man...just to put it in prespective when you do a fr db bicep pose 'the l's shoulder hurts right on top when it pulls back to hit pose'thats what i do every day to gague pain lol...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1081 on: December 23, 2015, 05:53:36 AM »
[q :ex link=topic=576700.msg8344161#msg8344161 date=1450878206]
thanks donny just cruising right now,,i'm eating up right now i'm a little bigger than summer look'water/additional bf,still abs but fuller look,shame i can't press hard ,my chest is still big 'relative to me'size wise,,i'm hitting it with pump sets and slow reps /squeeze stuff all i can do,dips and heavy dumbells i can't forsee for some time man...just to put it in prespective when you do a fr db bicep pose 'the l's shoulder hurts right on top when it pulls back to hit pose'thats what i do every day to gague pain lol...
[/quote]I hear ya Man.. i am in a similar situation with my neck. Still i am doing what i can like you Steve. as i wrote before concentrating on my Wing Tzun at the moment with a weight and Cardio programme. Concentrating on push ups and flys(not going low on these). I actually feel more irritation on my neck with Rowing so i am doing Bent over laterals which are not ideal but are working my rear delts and upper back which is perfect at the moment.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1082 on: December 23, 2015, 07:55:33 AM »
Rainy day thoughts:

Steady rain here but relatively warm at 55F.  Went for a short 2 mile run on my off lifting day. The park was abandoned due to the rain. It felt like I owned the place. Ran to the motown sound of the 4 Tops.  Socks are soaking wet.  Ran relatively slow in the high 8 minute mile pace. Happy with that considering how my body is banged up.

I know most bodybuilders mainly lift and walk on a treadmill. Few do running combined with lifting like I do. I noticed two main differences regarding psychological mood from exercise. Lifting and going to failure makes me feel tired for the rest of the day. I have trouble sleeping at night after going set to set to failure in the gym. When I do cardio it seems like a powerful anti depressant when it's over. I can't explain it. Maybe it's the runner's high that is much talked about. 

If the heart muscle was outside of the body then bodybuilders would be doing cardio like crazy to show off the heart muscle. Instead it's inside and many bodybuilders are concerned with looking like an athlete instead of being one. If you're not competing I hope you lift for your health and fitness.  Cosmetic looks will lead you down the wrong path in training.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1083 on: December 23, 2015, 07:58:54 AM »
Rainy day thoughts:

Steady rain here but relatively warm at 55F.  Went for a short 2 mile run on my off lifting day. The park was abandoned due to the rain. It felt like I owned the place. Ran to the motown sound of the 4 Tops.  Socks are soaking wet.  Ran relatively slow in the high 8 minute mile pace. Happy with that considering how my body is banged up.

I know most bodybuilders mainly lift and walk on a treadmill. Few do running combined with lifting like I do. I noticed two main differences regarding psychological mood from exercise. Lifting and going to failure makes me feel tired for the rest of the day. I have trouble sleeping at night after going set to set to failure in the gym. When I do cardio it seems like a powerful anti depressant when it's over. I can't explain it. Maybe it's the runner's high that is much talked about. 

If the heart muscle was outside of the body then bodybuilders would be doing cardio like crazy to show off the heart muscle. Instead it's inside and many bodybuilders are concerned with looking like an athlete instead of being one. If you're not competing I hope you lift for your health and fitness.  Cosmetic looks will lead you down the wrong path in training.
Agree with you 100%..

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1084 on: December 23, 2015, 08:23:17 AM »

It's funny you say that, lifting heavy gets me pumped and I feel great afterwards, same with mountain biking, I feel energized when I'm done. If I do bodybuilding style workouts I feel worn down and blah. Wonder why that is?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1085 on: December 23, 2015, 08:39:38 AM »
It's funny you say that, lifting heavy gets me pumped and I feel great afterwards, same with mountain biking, I feel energized when I'm done. If I do bodybuilding style workouts I feel worn down and blah. Wonder why that is?
due to stress on tendons/joints.and cns especially recuperation is a must ,train with heavy weights or training every day is going to murder you yrs down the road,,most people see only whats in front of them not down the road'me one of them'and when i get hit with something it devestates my phsyche and makes me 2nd guess the roads i take to being in top shape...rich has some good thoughts and ways to stay fit instead of just grinding the weights,,donny too and donny has finall rubbed off on me again with at least some cardio finally'low impact treadmill'walking its a start lol,,,

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1086 on: December 23, 2015, 09:15:06 AM »
did a 3 day in row to compensate for 2 day holiday training off days'too busy'

delts
did diff routing did it backwards started with rear delts to get shoulder loose,,felt great on everything today little pain/strong

rear delt raise seated.15/20/25/30  12/12/10/10
front raises with curl bar overhand grip'underhanded i like'a little nervous due to shoulder'40/50/60 ok..
seated press machine'stack loaded'ok here got heavy last set 'minor pain'x4
side laterals last sets 12 with 25 db good finish '1st rep to start is toughest then i was good to go..

bis
curls straight bar,,,65/85/95/95
seated curl machine padded like scott curl ,,,x4
2 sets db curls 30/35 sets 10
seated concetration curls x2 with 35 db nice finish

forarms 8 sets cable wrist and reverse wrist curls...

treadmill

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1087 on: December 23, 2015, 09:31:09 AM »
donny has finall rubbed off on me
Well that's too bad. :D
I was agreeing with Oldtimer1 to an extent, though I feel I get the same rush of energy with heavy compound lifts.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1088 on: December 23, 2015, 09:37:49 AM »
Well that's too bad. :D
I was agreeing with Oldtimer1 to an extent, though I feel I get the same rush of energy with heavy compound lifts.
;D..i didn't say rubbed out..lol...i knew u were going to pick that line to get me...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1089 on: December 23, 2015, 02:40:01 PM »
I am taking a self-imposed vacation this week rather than work around the gym's Christmas schedule.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1090 on: December 24, 2015, 07:34:09 AM »
RICH KNOWS THIS CHRISTMAS EVE MEAL BEING MARRIED TO AN ITALIANA,,,,

ANTPASTO WITH OLIVES,MOZZARELLA AND TOMATOES,ROASTED PEPPERS,ARTICHOKES,PROSCUITTO WRAPPED WITH BREADSTICKS
BAKED CLAMS
MUSSELS IN WHITE WINE AND GARLIC
SHRIMP COLD
SCALLOPS WITH PANCETTA AND A BUTTERNUT SQUASH PUREE TOPPING
WINE OF COURSE
HOMEADE COOKIES GALORE...APRICOT AND PISTACHIO RUGALA,PISTACHIO AND CHERRY BISCOTTI,GINGER COOKIE,CHOCOLATE ,SHORTBREAD LIME COOKIE,SHE MADE THIS COOKING WITH FRUIT IN THE MIDDLE ON TOP,SHE'S NUTS,,BAKED FOR 3 DAYS STRAIGHT..
COFEE/ESPRESSO..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1091 on: December 24, 2015, 08:52:20 AM »
You guys have a good Xmas, today it's celebrated in Germany on the 24 th

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1092 on: December 24, 2015, 09:04:03 AM »
Merry Christmas to all. I don't even know what my Italian wife is making. Sure it will be good. The good thing about have grown ups for kids is that the gifts get smaller in size and no assembly. 

Asked the wife to get me a gym membership to a hardcore gym near my house. It's a bit of a dump but I have had great workouts in dumps. For my birthday if you remember in June my wife got me a three month membership to a very fancy giant gym. I think they had over 20 treadmills and an indoor pool just to give you the idea of it's size.  I had great workouts there but I couldn't stand many of the members who were so full of their steroid bodies. Had a lot of good workouts there and the variety of equipment was something. For all they had they didn't have one stand up calf machine. I find this to be pretty common in a lot of gyms lately.

Walking around the dump gym it had very different members. They dress like crap to workout and that's alright with me.  I will miss all of the incredible hot women wearing those panty hose type yoga pants though.  Most women hate hardcore places. The owner of the dump gym is a martial arts guy who keeps in shape with lifting. Very different mind set from a bodybuilder. Can't wait to get started. 

Today is legs in my basement.  Bit of a hang over but I will get it done.  I hope.   

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1093 on: December 24, 2015, 10:27:14 AM »
Merry Christmas to all. I don't even know what my Italian wife is making. Sure it will be good. The good thing about have grown ups for kids is that the gifts get smaller in size and no assembly. 

Asked the wife to get me a gym membership to a hardcore gym near my house. It's a bit of a dump but I have had great workouts in dumps. For my birthday if you remember in June my wife got me a three month membership to a very fancy giant gym. I think they had over 20 treadmills and an indoor pool just to give you the idea of it's size.  I had great workouts there but I couldn't stand many of the members who were so full of their steroid bodies. Had a lot of good workouts there and the variety of equipment was something. For all they had they didn't have one stand up calf machine. I find this to be pretty common in a lot of gyms lately.

Walking around the dump gym it had very different members. They dress like crap to workout and that's alright with me.  I will miss all of the incredible hot women wearing those panty hose type yoga pants though.  Most women hate hardcore places. The owner of the dump gym is a martial arts guy who keeps in shape with lifting. Very different mind set from a bodybuilder. Can't wait to get started. 

Today is legs in my basement.  Bit of a hang over but I will get it done.  I hope.   
Enjoy your new gym . Yes Most have a different mentality for sure. Most martial arts practitioners I know are fairly laidback. You'll sweat out the beer I think with leg training ! Don't        ...don't envy you... ;D

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1094 on: December 24, 2015, 08:59:27 PM »
Merry Christmas to you guys.

Leg day:

I am a broken record training. I wonder if I should even list my workouts?

Squats 2 x 9 225lbs Tried to sink each rep
leg press 2 x 12
leg extension 2 x 20
seated leg curl 2 x 15
standing leg curl 2 x 12

side bend with single dumbbell 1 x 15 100lbs
hanging straight leg raise 2 x 21 reps
wheel roll out 2 x 20

leg press calf 2 x 25
standing calf raise 2 x 12 325lbs
seated calf raise 2 x 15 90lbs (I don't know why I do calf raises. I have zero calf development)

neck work: Used a neck helmet for neck curls and side raises. Used a neck strap for the back of the neck using 45lbs. Did one giant set of curls, side and back. Then hand manual resistance.

Had the family over for Christmas.  Was a fantastic time with all the food my wife made. She had so much sea food. My one daughter brought over her puppy and he's a lunatic attacking me in play.  Watched "It's a wonderful life" playing with the dog on the floor.  On my dying day it will be these memories of my loved ones at times like this I hope I will remember and be grateful for.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1095 on: December 25, 2015, 07:37:33 PM »
my kids got spoiled beyond belief,christmas eve,christmas day at 2 houses ,,tooo muuccchh....

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1096 on: December 26, 2015, 06:07:49 AM »
my kids got spoiled beyond belief,christmas eve,christmas day at 2 houses ,,tooo muuccchh....
you loved it... Xmas is all about kids  ;D i had a very quite one at Home. Visited a Friend who lives on his own. New Year i am having a wee party here ...  ;) My son has invited a few Friends too so it won´t just be us old Farts..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1097 on: December 26, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »
Trained delt and arms: 

So hard to lift after all this food and booze through the holidays.

Dumbbell standing delt press 2 x 8 55lbs (all the way down)
Dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 28lbs
One arm pulley delt laterals 1 x 10
Rear delt dumbbell laterals 2 x 10 35lbs
Shrugs 2 x 10 245lbs

EZ curl 2 x 10 100lbs
Straight bar pulley curl 2 x 10
Rope curls 2 x 12

Rope tricep pushdowns 2 x 10
Single dumbbell two hand tricep extension leaning on a reverse scott curl pad 2 x 10 75lbs.
Reverse single D handle tricep extension 2  x 12

Wrist curls 2 x 20 100lbs
Reverse wrist extensions 2 x 15

Incline situps 1 x 20
Ab pulley crunches 2 x 20

Ivanko grippers 2 x 20

Just shot. Need a nap.  Going to stay dry with no alcohol tonight. 

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1098 on: December 26, 2015, 04:14:50 PM »
did 3 in a row,,,then 2 off,,tonite basement just did set to set upper body movements in groups of 4 then arms groups of 3 did 8 -10 sets per body part,,just get some blood moving/pump..

had pizza tonite finished off leftover mussels/clams/scallops..

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1099 on: December 26, 2015, 07:06:23 PM »
did 3 in a row,,,then 2 off,,tonite basement just did set to set upper body movements in groups of 4 then arms groups of 3 did 8 -10 sets per body part,,just get some blood moving/pump..

had pizza tonite finished off leftover mussels/clams/scallops..

Trying to count the fishes. I think my wife left out a fish namely mussels.  We just had 6 instead of 7.