Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 410404 times)

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1675 on: May 07, 2016, 07:14:27 PM »
Maybe Donny should keep his supposed beastiality videos on his PC instead of posting them on getbig. :)
Not a problem with him "defending" himself or arguing with "the kids".

link?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1676 on: May 08, 2016, 10:31:55 AM »
leg day,,
lying sled press 'stack'machine lying flat on back nice machine.after warmup ..200/240/260/300
squat 225 x12/275x10/315x10/365x8,405x6
extensions sets 12 x4 220-265

hams
single leg curls 80/90/100 sets 10
seated leg curl 180/195/210

calves 4 sets leg press raises,3 sets seated calf raises heavy

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1677 on: May 08, 2016, 10:32:09 AM »
Maybe Donny should keep his supposed beastiality videos on his PC instead of posting them on getbig. :)
Not a problem with him "defending" himself or arguing with "the kids".

No clue. Out of the loop with his post.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1678 on: May 08, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »

No clue. Out of the loop with his post.
The reason Donny was banned
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1679 on: May 09, 2016, 02:45:10 PM »
Donny is banned. When the kids attack him he fights back. I was hoping he would use the ignore method.

I notice some trainers don't believe in empirical knowledge of lifting. After all they have a week training certificate and they know everything there is to know about training.

Even many PhD's in exercise physiology need to be checked. One female all pompous with her doctor credentials was telling me everyone should be training in super slow mode.  Where in athletics is anything done in slow motion?  If you want to run faster you should sprint, jump and use explosive lifts like Olympic lifting. The worst thing you can do is slow motion squats or leg extensions. Another related note when you look at a book on exercise physiology look at the book jacket for the PhD writer. Every one I have seen shows a head shot of a chubby guy.

What we have in lifting is theories. If it's "proven" theories then it's fact. We don't have facts. What we have are theories based again on empirical knowledge. I will take the advice from a guy that has trained for 50 years over a 25 year old with a personal training certificate and his own steroid syringe supply.  

What to gain single rep strength? Use low reps. What to gain muscular endurance not to be confused with cardio endurance use volume. I have to stop and have another beer.  Later.

"Professionals" often take a strong position based on the training they received. The trainer I met with is a qualified professional. He was professional enough to acknowledge that I didn't need a trainer. He did not give me advice as an absolute, more as some different ways of doing some things like cardio. I liked what he suggested, so I may try it. On the other hand his diet advice made sense for him and for his goals, but not so much for me and mine. Generally speaking, diet is very individualized. What works for one person does necessarily work for another. If I cut out all carbs like he was trying to do, I would get too skinny. I also don't believe I need one gram of protein for every pound of my body weight, at least not at my age. Barry is likely in his middle to late twenties, his metabolism is likely somewhat higher than mine at my age of nearly 72.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1680 on: May 09, 2016, 02:58:34 PM »
The reason Donny was banned

Why not just take the bestiality video down or move it to a more appropriate thread. I've run across some pretty kinky/offensive stuff on Getbig which explains why I cannot open Getbig when using a censored PG wireless connection.

I believe there is a Youtube video about some men and boys using donkeys for sex? A friend of mine claimed he fucked his horse when he was a teenager. Now that he's an old man like me, he prefers to not discuss it....like it didn't happen. Many people have done some crazy shit and later pretended it never happened. This seems dishonest to me.

Allowing some kinky and often disgusting posts while banning folks for other stuff also seems somewhat less than honest and very hypocritical. Didn't I see a post or a link to a post on Getbig of this dude getting fucked by a horse and later dying? As I remember, it was very graphic.  

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1681 on: May 09, 2016, 03:54:12 PM »
Trained legs:

Squats 4 x 8 up to 235lbs then 1 x 1 300lbs (tried to go deep every rep)
Hack squats 2 x 12
Stiff leg dead 3 x 6 205lbs (very low)
leg extensions 3 x 12
standing leg curls 2 x 12

standing calf 2 x 12 195lb
seated calf 2 x 15 90lbs

4 way neck 2 x 15

ab wheel roll out 2 x 21
ab crunch machine 2 x 20

Gym Observations:  Observed that bodybuilding is a very odd activity.  Practiced for the most part by the insecure and misfits. People who are so insecure they would risk health injecting counterfeit anabolics steroids made in China. The stuff they are injecting is filled with impurities and for the most part straight testosterone. Why? so they can get compliments from people on their perceived masculinity because of their temporary drug physique. Really, 4 different bicep exercises so you cover every angle?  I remember in my early 20's I really wanted to compete and if I say egotistically so I looked decent. My doctor said the bigger you get will mean only more worm food when they bury you. He might have been on to something.  Sometimes I think I would have been better off running and doing body weight exercises while training in one of the grappling arts. Anyway, tomorrow is cardio day and the day after is delt/arms.   ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1682 on: May 09, 2016, 06:30:05 PM »
Why not just take the bestiality video down or move it to a more appropriate thread. I've run across some pretty kinky/offensive stuff on Getbig which explains why I cannot open Getbig when using a censored PG wireless connection.

I believe there is a Youtube video about some men and boys using donkeys for sex? A friend of mine claimed he fucked his horse when he was a teenager. Now that he's an old man like me, he prefers to not discuss it....like it didn't happen. Many people have done some crazy shit and later pretended it never happened. This seems dishonest to me.

Allowing some kinky and often disgusting posts while banning folks for other stuff also seems somewhat less than honest and very hypocritical. Didn't I see a post or a link to a post on Getbig of this dude getting fucked by a horse and later dying? As I remember, it was very graphic.  
I had no hand in it, just the messenger .
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1683 on: May 10, 2016, 09:00:35 AM »
CHEST /TRI/ABS/TREADMILL

GYM WAS PACKED MON NITE ALL BENCHES/EVEN MACHINES USED'CHEST DAY LOL'

STARTED WITH THE SEATED CHEST PRESS'STACK AND PULLEY DRIVEN'ITS TOUGHER AS YOU ADD WEIGHT ON STACK .WORKING SETS 140/155/165/170..ONCE THE TENSION ON THE PULLEYS HIT THAT HEAVIER WEIGHT IT GIVES GREAT PUMP.

SUPERSET INC PRESS WITH INC FLYE THESE I LIKE 135-30 LB FLYE,155-35 FLYE,165-40,165-135 DROP-40 FLYE NICE...

SEATED HAMMER PRESS 2 PLATES SIDE.2 AND 25/2 AND 25 WITH A DROP TO 2 PLATES FINISH

CABLE CROSSOVERS X3

LOWER CABLE FLYES X2 WITH DECLINE PUSHUPS X3

TRIS
PUSHDOWNS,X4 120-150
DIP MACHINE 170/190/190 SETS 12
ROPE SINGLE ARM EXTENSIONS'DONE LIKE YOUR THROWING A PITCH'X3

ABS 3 SET HANGING LEG RAISE 3 SETS CRUNCH MACHINE 15-20 REP SETS

TREADMILL

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1684 on: May 10, 2016, 09:04:38 AM »
CHEST /TRI/ABS/TREADMILL

GYM WAS PACKED MON NITE ALL BENCHES/EVEN MACHINES USED'CHEST DAY LOL'

STARTED WITH THE SEATED CHEST PRESS'STACK AND PULLEY DRIVEN'ITS TOUGHER AS YOU ADD WEIGHT ON STACK .WORKING SETS 140/155/165/170..ONCE THE TENSION ON THE PULLEYS HIT THAT HEAVIER WEIGHT IT GIVES GREAT PUMP.

SUPERSET INC PRESS WITH INC FLYE THESE I LIKE 135-30 LB FLYE,155-35 FLYE,165-40,165-135 DROP-40 FLYE NICE...

SEATED HAMMER PRESS 2 PLATES SIDE.2 AND 25/2 AND 25 WITH A DROP TO 2 PLATES FINISH

CABLE CROSSOVERS X3

LOWER CABLE FLYES X2 WITH DECLINE PUSHUPS X3

TRIS
PUSHDOWNS,X4 120-150
DIP MACHINE 170/190/190 SETS 12
ROPE SINGLE ARM EXTENSIONS'DONE LIKE YOUR THROWING A PITCH'X3

ABS 3 SET HANGING LEG RAISE 3 SETS CRUNCH MACHINE 15-20 REP SETS

TREADMILL
Nice workout Steve

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1685 on: May 10, 2016, 09:06:56 AM »
Cheers Ronaldo ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1686 on: May 10, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »
Cheers Ronaldo anonymous mod  ;)
8)
Fixed
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1687 on: May 10, 2016, 09:34:25 AM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1688 on: May 10, 2016, 11:53:56 AM »
8)
Had to fix it nj, wouldn't want people to be misled.  :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1689 on: May 10, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »
Had to fix it nj, wouldn't want people to be misled.  :)
well we have 'ronfather'and now we have truly the 'Teflon 'don  ny....

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #1690 on: May 10, 2016, 12:17:10 PM »
well we have 'ronfather'and now we have truly the 'Teflon 'don  ny....
The Ronfather has been conspicuously absent lately.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1691 on: May 10, 2016, 02:09:48 PM »
I had no hand in it, just the messenger .

Okay, good.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1692 on: May 10, 2016, 02:22:12 PM »
Yesterday I worked my arms like a "bodybuilder" according to some by doing 4 sets each for biceps and triceps. I went to yet another 24 Hour Fitness location and still no equipment for working forearms and this is clearly one of the larger of their gyms in the Portland area.

My main gym observation yesterday was that this location has a larger number of "puffed up" bodybuilder hopefuls. There were impressive looking arms on many of the folks....legs not so much. Maybe training legs has gone out of fashion.

If I get to the gym today, I will train my hams and calves. It's a busy day with me playing catch up on some things I should have been working on before now. Procrastination is thy enemy! One good task is picking up my car which should be ready by 4:30.

Glad to see you back posting here Donny. Hope you can behave yourself and not upset the Getbig hierarchy, LOL!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1693 on: May 10, 2016, 07:21:38 PM »
Woke up last night thinking I had bad allergies. Thought that all day at work. Now I realize I have a bad cold. I guess it didn't help that I did 4 miles of running on the treadmill.  See how I feel tomorrow but I guess I won't be working out or going to work.  Feel like crap right now. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1694 on: May 11, 2016, 01:25:24 AM »

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1695 on: May 11, 2016, 08:03:11 PM »
I won't work out for 4 or 5 days considering how sick I am. Fever and chills. Using tamaflu.  Hope it works.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1696 on: May 11, 2016, 08:29:51 PM »
I won't work out for 4 or 5 days considering how sick I am. Fever and chills. Using tamaflu.  Hope it works.

This is not meant as criticism, but it pays to listen to your body. It is telling you that you have depleted all its reserves. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1697 on: May 12, 2016, 05:51:55 AM »
My new retirement job puts me in a sea of people and working out in a commercial gym really exposes me to a lot of germs. When I was just retired working out in my basement I didn't get sick for years. Now this is the second fever for this year.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1698 on: May 12, 2016, 06:07:09 PM »
My new retirement job puts me in a sea of people and working out in a commercial gym really exposes me to a lot of germs. When I was just retired working out in my basement I didn't get sick for years. Now this is the second fever for this year.
Using your logic, I should be sick all the time. This is especially true since I now workout at several large gyms where there are a lot of people. When I worked at the elementary school, I was around loads of kids who sneezed, coughed and put their hands on everything. Oddly, none of this caused me to be more susceptible to catching colds or the flu (which I've never had in my entire life). My immune system must work overtime or it is superior compared to other folks. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1699 on: May 12, 2016, 06:29:20 PM »
Last night I worked out at LA Fitness in the Pearl. The Pearl is a area of downtown Portland that is known for its expensive condos, town houses and exclusive retailers. Understandably, this LA Fitness is superior to all the other locations I've tried so far. Every piece of equipment was in working order and looked new. Since I went their around 10:00 p.m. it was not at all crowded. It is likely a zoo during peak hours.

I worked my back doing six different movements each on a different piece of equipment. This time I stuck to just using machines. My back is sore today which probably means it will be worse tomorrow.

I may go back to this gym tonight to work delts and traps. When I scoped out the available equipment for shoulders last night, there were plenty of options. Talk about keeping workouts fresh, I feel like I'm in gym heaven.

The reason I haven't been posting the exercises, sets and reps I do is because I'm essentially following the same routine I always have. I'm just doing it at a variety of gyms and with a very big array of new equipment. As I probably mentioned before, working one muscle group a day allows me to do about six or more different exercises. Because I don't have to load most of these machines with plates, my workouts go somewhat faster. My basic plan is the heavier the resistance, the fewer reps, usually in the 6-8 range. With lighter resistance, I do 10 - 15 reps. The number of sets I do is anywhere from 3 to 5 for each exercise.