Author Topic: Over 45 training  (Read 410392 times)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
Re: Over 45 training
« Reply #1750 on: June 06, 2016, 05:34:51 AM »
GIACOMO JAKE LAMOTTA...
The Bronx Bull ? ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1751 on: June 06, 2016, 08:10:31 PM »
workout partner is in start of ramadan so now i train alone for a while,,this time of year  its hot, o like to train faster ,incorporated drop/supersets,higher reps at times ,,tension 'squeeze slower reps.

delt is still there but i'm pretty good my rom is still tough on chest i do get frustrated even warmups and slow form inclines i used to hit collarbone i'm stuck at chin level and some pain kicks in,,i still get a heck of a pump tho..

inc press 135 x15/135x12.155x10,175 x6,175 x5 -135 drop x8,135x12 slow squeeze
hammer mid press 1 plate and 25 x12,2 plates x12,2 plates and 25 x10,2 plates x12
flat flyes 35/40/45 sets 10
low cable flyes x3

tris
premade curl bar skull crushers with close presses 60/60/70/70 10x10
rope pushdowns x3
reverse underhanded pushdowns x3
dips machine 170/190

abs
treadmill

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1752 on: June 07, 2016, 03:20:43 AM »
workout partner is in start of ramadan so now i train alone for a while,,this time of year  its hot, o like to train faster ,incorporated drop/supersets,higher reps at times ,,tension 'squeeze slower reps.

delt is still there but i'm pretty good my rom is still tough on chest i do get frustrated even warmups and slow form inclines i used to hit collarbone i'm stuck at chin level and some pain kicks in,,i still get a heck of a pump tho..

inc press 135 x15/135x12.155x10,175 x6,175 x5 -135 drop x8,135x12 slow squeeze
hammer mid press 1 plate and 25 x12,2 plates x12,2 plates and 25 x10,2 plates x12
flat flyes 35/40/45 sets 10
low cable flyes x3

tris
premade curl bar skull crushers with close presses 60/60/70/70 10x10
rope pushdowns x3
reverse underhanded pushdowns x3
dips machine 170/190

abs
treadmill

Have a few Muslims in the gym, one from Egypt.. funny he was talking about this the other Day. Is moving to Hannover to study. Shame really was a very polite guy. seemed to like British humour :)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1753 on: June 07, 2016, 05:20:08 AM »
Have a few Muslims in the gym, one from Egypt.. funny he was talking about this the other Day. Is moving to Hannover to study. Shame really was a very polite guy. seemed to like British humour :)
every country is a melting pot now,,britian with huge indian population,my friend lived in Germany too for yrs as a kid then back to turkey..

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1754 on: June 07, 2016, 05:24:35 AM »
every country is a melting pot now,,britian with huge indian population,my friend lived in Germany too for yrs as a kid then back to turkey..
yes we have a lot of Türken here and Kurdisch.. they donīt like each other.  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1755 on: June 09, 2016, 08:17:31 PM »
back /calves/abs/traps home workout

front pulldowns x4
underhand narrow grip pulldowns x4
low cable pulls to waist bottom up x3
db pullovers x3
small bar standing pulls to waist x2

traps
superset seated db shrugs with narrow upright cables x4

abs 4 sets decline leg lifts/crunches on floor feet propped on bench x3

5 sets db standing calf raises

delt/bi/forearms/treadmill at gym

fr press warm ups 95x15/95x15....115x10/135x10,145x10,145x8-115x10

side laterals heavy to light reps increased..30x12/30x12/25x15/20x20

underhanded front raises premade curl bar 50/60/60 sets 10

rear seated raises 25/30/30/30

bi's
cable curls x4
seated padded curl machine x3
db curls concentration 35/40/40
rope hammers x2

foerarms 5 sets behid back wrist curl ups

treadmill
4 sets of seated rear raises 25/30/30/30

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1756 on: June 12, 2016, 01:32:46 AM »
A bit quite on here at the moment. Had a few Days off due to a vein being taken out my leg. Cut in the upper leg/Groin area hurts a bit but walking around fine. start training again middle of next week.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1757 on: June 12, 2016, 07:17:15 PM »
leg day,

hammer v squat 2 plates x15 warmup,,3 plates/4/5/5 and 25 a side allsets x10
lying sled press 200/240/280
extensions x4 x12-15 205.220.235.250

hams
lying leg curls 140,150,155
sldl db 75/85/90/90

calves 5 sets calf raises seated

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1758 on: June 13, 2016, 05:24:26 AM »
will do some upper body later. i will leave legs until i get the green light. Just going for walks at the moment. Cuts are healing up fine.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1759 on: June 13, 2016, 04:58:57 PM »
A bit quite on here at the moment. Had a few Days off due to a vein being taken out my leg. Cut in the upper leg/Groin area hurts a bit but walking around fine. start training again middle of next week.

Sounds painful. I also took a few days off from the gym just 'cause I wanted to. Arms tonight!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1760 on: June 14, 2016, 06:50:44 AM »
chest/tr/abs/treadmill

been doing inc presses to start today I did sets low to hi and back....135X12,135X12,155X10,175 X6,175X4 DROP 155X4,135X8 GREAT PUMP ..STILL NOT 100 PCT SHOULDER WISE STRENGHT IS SHORT ABOUT 30LBS FROM MAX WEIGHT AND OR REPS..I GO FOR PUMP/SQUEEZE ON CERTAIN CHEST EXERCISE 'MY MIND WANT TO DO OTHERWISE :-\..I'LL LIVE MY CHEST IS STILL THICKISH..

SEATED CHEST PRESS 'STACK VERSION'130/140/140 I WAS PUMPED HERE BY THEN..I DID LITTLE REST BETWEEN SETS FOR INC AND THESE.

INC FLYES GETTING THERE HERE..35/40/45-30 DROP

CABLE CROSSOVERS X3 X12

FDB PRESS PALMS IN STILL 55/60/60..I'M BORED OF THESE AND THE WEIGHT I MISS NORMAL PRESS OR THE PALMS ROTATED AT TOP I DO ,,I WAS DOING 80/85 I'M STUCK DUE TO NOT CAPABLE TO DO 70/80 PALMS FACING TOP TO BOTTOM ARMS GET IN WAY OF CHEST WORKING HERE..

TRIS
PREMADE BAR SKULL CRUSH CLOSE GRIP COMBO 60/60/70 PREMADE CURL BAR
ROPE PUSHDOWNS 2 SETS X12 SET 3AND 4 WERE DROPS 100/70..90/70
DIP MACHINE X3

ABS
TREADMILL

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1761 on: June 14, 2016, 02:31:59 PM »
Be careful not to push yourself too hard, Steve. The worst thing you can do is feel too much too soon. You will be back to 100% before you know it if you continue to progress a little at a time.

Worked arms yesterday evening. There seemed to be a bunch of huge (and in good shape) fellows working out at the gym last night. Seeing their sizable and defined guns was inspirational. Mine were pumped by the end of my workout. If I live another 10 years, my arms could be big and defined too.....at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I've been doing red-light therapy everyday since last Thursday when I signed up. Supposedly it's like a 'fountain of youth' and has many health benefits. Time will tell. My back is still messed up in someway because my lower ribs are sore all the time. Maybe I don't want to know what the problem is since I've not made an appointment with the doctor yet.

Last Sunday, I discovered a door ding in the front panel of my new car. I make it a habit to park in remote spaces where it is less likely that someone will park next to me. I'm taking it to a paintless repair guy at the dealership tomorrow to see if he can pull the dimple out. It will need a little touch up since the paint was scraped down to the primer. The ding/dimple and scrap are about 1/4" in diameter and less than 1/8" deep.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1762 on: June 14, 2016, 02:39:56 PM »
Be careful not to push yourself too hard, Steve. The worst thing you can do is feel too much too soon. You will be back to 100% before you know it if you continue to progress a little at a time.

Worked arms yesterday evening. There seemed to be a bunch of huge (and in good shape) fellows working out at the gym last night. Seeing their sizable and defined guns was inspirational. Mine were pumped by the end of my workout. If I live another 10 years, my arms could be big and defined too.....at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I've been doing red-light therapy everyday since last Thursday when I signed up. Supposedly it's like a 'fountain of youth' and has many health benefits. Time will tell. My back is still messed up in someway because my lower ribs are sore all the time. Maybe I don't want to know what the problem is since I've not made an appointment with the doctor yet.

Last Sunday, I discovered a door ding in the front panel of my new car. I make it a habit to park in remote spaces where it is less likely that someone will park next to me. I'm taking it to a paintless repair guy at the dealership tomorrow to see if he can pull the dimple out. It will need a little touch up since the paint was scraped down to the primer. The ding/dimple and scrap are about 1/4" in diameter and less than 1/8" deep.
I KNOW JAY.....THE LIGHTER 'SLIGHTLY'TRAINING IS FINE I AM CONCENTATING ON SQUEEZING 'LOCKING'AND I FEEL GREAT AND DESPITE SOME DISCOMFORT DURING TRAINING TODAY I FEEL FINE NO EXTRA SORENESS..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1763 on: June 14, 2016, 02:51:17 PM »
I KNOW JAY.....THE LIGHTER 'SLIGHTLY'TRAINING IS FINE I AM CONCENTATING ON SQUEEZING 'LOCKING'AND I FEEL GREAT AND DESPITE SOME DISCOMFORT DURING TRAINING TODAY I FEEL FINE NO EXTRA SORENESS..

At the gym last night a fellow with great arms was curling 45 lbs. total weight using an EZ curl bar. I couldn't believe he was going so light and yet it must work for him gauging by the size and condition of his triceps and biceps. He maintained absolute control throughout the movement, which shouldn't be hard to do with that feather light weight. I did one arm cable curls with 50 lbs for 10 reps and my arms look tiny.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1764 on: June 16, 2016, 02:25:19 AM »
Sounds painful. I also took a few days off from the gym just 'cause I wanted to. Arms tonight!
I had my last check up yesterday so itīs fine. did some upper body no problem. Doc said i can try running but i have to wear a compression stocking for 2-3 weeks but not at nights so not bad.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1765 on: June 17, 2016, 08:00:31 AM »
catch up here back /traps/abs/calves home workout

i incorporated some band stretches and squeezes between sets too

front pulldowns x4 wide
front pulldowns reverse grip close grip x4
pullovers dbells x3
low standing pulley rows to waist x3
db rows done together x3

traps
superset close cable upright rows with seated db shrugs x4

5 sets calf raises with db on 2x4's for stretch i use 2' boards stacked'nice invention  ;D' and did decline leg raises for abs superset

day 2 delts/bi/forearms/treadmill

switched it up a bit

started side raises instead normal way did them with the db facing thumb and db facing down on top position did 15/20/25/30/30
fr raises db done together 20/25/30/35's
now i pressed 'fr press..95/115,135,135
rear delt on pec deck 'not in ages 'used this one 'x4

bi's
curl bar'45 lb bar'85/95/95/105
seated curl machine x3
single arm cable 'hammer curls'these are good need to stick with these for a while
finished 2 sets db curls 35's x10 done together

forearms wrist curls fr and reverse bar in back

treadmill

i love classic bbing like u guys 'i tried to achieve that look /mindset and maintain .your never satisfied 'im close lol...

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1766 on: June 17, 2016, 08:16:38 AM »
catch up here back /traps/abs/calves home workout

i incorporated some band stretches and squeezes between sets too

front pulldowns x4 wide
front pulldowns reverse grip close grip x4
pullovers dbells x3
low standing pulley rows to waist x3
db rows done together x3

traps
superset close cable upright rows with seated db shrugs x4

5 sets calf raises with db on 2x4's for stretch i use 2' boards stacked'nice invention  ;D' and did decline leg raises for abs superset

day 2 delts/bi/forearms/treadmill

switched it up a bit

started side raises instead normal way did them with the db facing thumb and db facing down on top position did 15/20/25/30/30
fr raises db done together 20/25/30/35's
now i pressed 'fr press..95/115,135,135
rear delt on pec deck 'not in ages 'used this one 'x4

bi's
curl bar'45 lb bar'85/95/95/105
seated curl machine x3
single arm cable 'hammer curls'these are good need to stick with these for a while
finished 2 sets db curls 35's x10 done together

forearms wrist curls fr and reverse bar in back

treadmill

i love classic bbing like u guys 'i tried to achieve that look /mindset and maintain .your never satisfied 'im close lol...

Nice stevo.. 1 legged DB calf raises i like too and do them now and again using a dips belt at Home. incline leg raises are great for abs...oldie but goldie  :)
I think Wild Willie is back or at least i got a pm from him... good guy.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1767 on: June 17, 2016, 07:36:14 PM »
he hit me up2...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1768 on: June 18, 2016, 01:34:31 AM »
I am being a sloth. -Worked arms on Monday and since then I have not seen the inside of a gym. My rib cage is giving me fits of pain. I have no idea what is wrong and I worry. Maybe I don't want to know (I'm imagining bone cancer which runs in my family). I am taking a break to see if giving myself time to heal corrects the problem. If it doesn't, I will bite the bullet and go see my doctor. In the meantime I see the bathroom mirror reflecting my old skin sagging and it makes me very angry that the ravages of age catch up with us no matter how hard we try to prevent it.

This is my pity party this morning, since it is after midnight and I've had just enough scotch to feel stupidly sorry for myself.

Sunday is Portland's gay pride parade. I plan to participate in it. The recent horror in Orlando makes me realize I need to publicly stand against homophobic violence and oppression. Every time I try to read an article about the unbelievable result of this sick terrorists attack on innocent folks, tears well up and I sob. As the organizer of Sunday's gay pride event said in today's news, those of us who live in Portland, live in a bubble which  most other folk aren't lucky enough to have. The world must change. We cannot continue being silent victims of hate and oppression.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1769 on: June 18, 2016, 01:38:04 AM »
Nice stevo.. 1 legged DB calf raises i like too and do them now and again using a dips belt at Home. incline leg raises are great for abs...oldie but goldie  :)
I think Wild Willie is back or at least i got a pm from him... good guy.

Yes, but will they tighten the bag of sagging skin my abs have evolved into? So when I pinch, there's far less than an inch....so what?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1770 on: June 18, 2016, 06:38:30 PM »
killer leg workout fired on all cylinders

leg press warmed up 3 plates x15,,,,4 plates x12,5 plates x12.6x10..7 x2 x10
hammer v squat 3,4,5,5 and 25 side ..10,10,10,8
leg extensions 220 x12,235x12,245,245 both 12 or bust

hams
sld on smith like these change from usual 45 side to start,2 plates ,2 and 10 and 2 plates 2 tens a side
seated leg curks 180.195,210

calved superset leg press and standing calf raise x4

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #1771 on: June 18, 2016, 09:28:09 PM »
I am being a sloth. -Worked arms on Monday and since then I have not seen the inside of a gym. My rib cage is giving me fits of pain. I have no idea what is wrong and I worry. Maybe I don't want to know (I'm imagining bone cancer which runs in my family). I am taking a break to see if giving myself time to heal corrects the problem. If it doesn't, I will bite the bullet and go see my doctor. In the meantime I see the bathroom mirror reflecting my old skin sagging and it makes me very angry that the ravages of age catch up with us no matter how hard we try to prevent it.

This is my pity party this morning, since it is after midnight and I've had just enough scotch to feel stupidly sorry for myself.

Sunday is Portland's gay pride parade. I plan to participate in it. The recent horror in Orlando makes me realize I need to publicly stand against homophobic violence and oppression. Every time I try to read an article about the unbelievable result of this sick terrorists attack on innocent folks, tears well up and I sob. As the organizer of Sunday's gay pride event said in today's news, those of us who live in Portland, live in a bubble which  most other folk aren't lucky enough to have. The world must change. We cannot continue being silent victims of hate and oppression.

Prime, you've just had a little bit of a downer mood and you know you'll rise up out of it.  You're generally upbeat and you have a youthful mind, so you have a lot going for you.  You will feel better.

Btw, is there anything to say the guy did that due to the patrons of the place being gay?  You mentioned homophobia, is why I ask.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1772 on: June 19, 2016, 06:58:11 AM »
happy fathers day,rich,donny,jay...and chaos if your lurking ;)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1773 on: June 19, 2016, 02:16:33 PM »
happy fathers day,rich,donny,jay...and chaos if your lurking ;)

Happy father's day to you as well.

My daughter and son-in-law just bought home a hanging plant for the front porch. It's my father's day present. They are so thoughtful. Haven't heard from my son. If he sent a card, it will arrive late because they always do. The German father's day, (ascension day) was on May 5th this year. He likely celebrated father's day on that day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1774 on: June 19, 2016, 02:23:34 PM »
Prime, you've just had a little bit of a downer mood and you know you'll rise up out of it.  You're generally upbeat and you have a youthful mind, so you have a lot going for you.  You will feel better.

Btw, is there anything to say the guy did that due to the patrons of the place being gay?  You mentioned homophobia, is why I ask.

Thanks. Your are right of course. Can't be cheerful 100% of the time. I'm in a great mood today.

The authorities are fairly mum about this. There is speculation that the shooter was gay himself.  He was also a radical Muslim. Islam goes beyond merely disapproving of homosexuality. Sharia teaches that homosexuality is a vile form of fornication, punishable by death. If what is suspected is true, he must have been pretty conflicted. This is why I mentioned homophobia.