Author Topic: Jordan Janowitz Begins Show Prep 257lbs  (Read 1222 times)

Tr55

• Getbig II
Jordan Janowitz Begins Show Prep 257lbs
« on: July 21, 2021, 12:52:13 PM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
Re: Jordan Janowitz Begins Show Prep 257lbs
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 12:54:27 PM »
Who?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 12:54:53 PM »
How tall is he and any idea what is his target contest weight?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2021, 01:02:05 PM »
He should come in at whatever weight he looks the best.

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2021, 01:15:51 PM »

Brian,

An honest question.

Why are you obsessed with bodyweight? 

Can you name any successful bodybuilder who based/bases his training around how bloated he can make himself from stuffing himself before training again?

Another question:

Have you always approached training like this?  You mentioned gaining a ton in your first year of college, iirc.  You said you ate a lot, but how did you train?  Did you use? 

And yes, yes, I know about the pec tear and leg injuries.  Those came later.  How did you build your "foundation," so to speak?

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2021, 02:17:50 PM »
More than 10 days out.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2021, 02:20:28 PM »
50lb off contest shape

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2021, 02:37:48 PM »
Brian,

An honest question.

Why are you obsessed with bodyweight? 

Can you name any successful bodybuilder who based/bases his training around how bloated he can make himself from stuffing himself before training again?

Another question:

Have you always approached training like this?  You mentioned gaining a ton in your first year of college, iirc.  You said you ate a lot, but how did you train?  Did you use? 

And yes, yes, I know about the pec tear and leg injuries.  Those came later.  How did you build your "foundation," so to speak?

Glad someone finally asked. I had a wrestling base so I was lean and athletic to start. I took my skinny 170lb ass to the all you can eat dining hall and ate until I would throw up. I went up to 205lbs the first year and was in my mid 220s by the time I graduated. The all you can eat Dining hall was the key. I also always did one body part a week 3 sets of 10 type stuff basic flex magazine workouts. I did not drink alcohol. I trained with partners as well which made it too dogmatic in my view. I like to adjust based on how I am feeling especially as I age and have aches and pains and its easier to leave the ego behind if training alone. Speaking of which more bloat means less aches and pains as it lubricates the joints you can train more often and recover faster bloated than dry. I am trying to hold more to train heavier and harder to add more muscle to recover from injuries and lead a full and happy life. The same principals of bodybuilding apply to injury recovery.

I have done this before you have to force feed to grow. Big bodybuilders eat a lot and get bloated. It is also not just about gaining weight it is about gaining strength which you can't do without muscle which you can't do without gaining weight if you are already lean. Also again more fluid allows you to feel less arthritis less joint pain recover faster and train harder as it lubricates your joints. Again this is all deliberate. I am not gaining fat

I am going to be lean at whatever weight I settle at so yes if I gain weight I am gaining muscle. My legs could take another 20lbs easy I am in no danger of being fat this lifetime

I am asking his height because it says he is 257 so I want to know how thick 257 looks at what height. Also some of these guys look big but then are a lot lighter by the time the show rolls around as they are just cutting instead of conditioning what they have. He isn't exactly shredded but at 257 he can cut some weight just wondering height. Just amazes me he is talkign about all these low calorie food options as he looks like he doesn't miss a twinkie

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 02:43:29 PM »
Jeff (Tr55) are you from Saginaw?

Also Jordan has really let himself go over covid. Dude walked around incredibly lean with good strength 2 years ago.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 03:37:18 PM »
Jordan is a warrior with potential that's for sure

LanceD

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2021, 10:59:31 AM »
def top 15, no prob

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2021, 12:18:43 PM »
Really liked this guy Janoulawicsz, back in the early 80's when I worked with him at Caldor.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2021, 03:53:14 PM »
Imagine if he put the time he puts into drugs and gym time into getting a career?  He could be a plumber or a welder making 100K plus. No he wouldn't be rich but he would be able to take care of a wife and family. Own a house, cars and vacations. Instead he's going to waste his time chasing plastic trophies. I hope he marries rich or has family money cause he's going to need it. Sorry for the sour posts. Just a sour time in my life. Hope it's brief.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2021, 04:05:41 PM »

He looks great when he`s leaned out.

Tr55

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2021, 05:27:55 PM »
Jeff (Tr55) are you from Saginaw?

Also Jordan has really let himself go over covid. Dude walked around incredibly lean with good strength 2 years ago.

Not in the Off season he he's 23 weeks out and will come in peeled like he always does.  In Tri Cities Area

Tr55

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2021, 05:30:16 PM »
Imagine if he put the time he puts into drugs and gym time into getting a career?  He could be a plumber or a welder making 100K plus. No he wouldn't be rich but he would be able to take care of a wife and family. Own a house, cars and vacations. Instead he's going to waste his time chasing plastic trophies. I hope he marries rich or has family money cause he's going to need it. Sorry for the sour posts. Just a sour time in my life. Hope it's brief.

Jordan has a career and college degree and wife and 4 kids man.  Obviously know jack shit about the guy and haven't watched any of the videos.  He talks about hos job in money of them.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2021, 06:36:03 PM »

You do know most bodybuilders have regular jobs, right? Legends like Lee Labrada and the late Nasser El Sonbaty were engineers. Porter Cottrell was a firefighter; so was Steve "Kingsnake" Kulco.

And, it wasn't that long ago, we had a guy winning "plastic" trophies who was a full-time cop.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2021, 06:39:31 PM »
You do know most bodybuilders have regular jobs, right? Legends like Lee Labrada and the late Nasser El Sonbaty were engineers. Porter Cottrell was a firefighter; so was Steve "Kingsnake" Kulco.

And, it wasn't that long ago, we had a guy winning "plastic" trophies who was a full-time cop.
People like oldtimer are just bitter and twisted. Theres a few on this board.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2021, 09:00:43 PM »

Hes a correction officer.

Where do you live where you know plumbers and welders routinely pulling in 100k?

I hope your situation takes a turn for the better sooner rather than later. From the sounds of it you have a lot to be proud of. Every day you're alive is a victory, even the bad days....  use the same focus and determination you've used in your weight lifting/fitness lifestyle to remind yourself to keep pushing through the hard times. This season will pass, you will overcome.

Glad you're back posting.