Author Topic: Vince Basile  (Read 77516 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: Vince Basil
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 06:48:33 PM »
Some of you guys think a guy just has to weld a few pieces together to make gym equipment. Look at my Hack Squat/Calf machine. It took me over 120 hours to design it and 6 months to build it. Most parts that are shiny are polished stainless steel. There is a stainless steel counterweight running on linear bearings at the back to reduce the weight of the sled to 5 kg.

The lads preferred the lower angle. They refuse to believe the machine is the same at the higher angle. I did that because some guys were using 2000 pounds and causing the rails to bend. When the angle is 60 degrees the weight feels like 90% of what it is whereas when it was at 41 degrees a 100 kg weight felt like about 70 kg.

The head rest can be removed then the user can do standing heel raises facing the machine. This was probably the most expensive free weight machine ever installed in a gym.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • You gotta bring it to get it!
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 06:52:20 PM »
340k a year means he's making 931 dollars a day and this is a 7 day week.  On personal training......BULLSHIT!!!

stranger things happen,,, and think the sayin goes something like,,, "nothing is easier than to part a fool from his money"

if you look at it on a daily avg., then it doesn't seem right but if you look at it as 30k a month then it makes more sense...
further more by the # of clients.  if he has 30 high profile clients that pay 10k a piece for x amount of sessions, then it makes more sense.
quick story that was a article years back.
there was a guy in prison that went thru and got his personal training cert., when he got out he was working out in a gym that had celebs.... he saw ben affleck training with a pt,,, apparently th pt wasnt in great shape,,, the parolee seeing this and who was at the time in very great shape himself,,, approached ben a when the trainer was away and told him if he wanted to get serious training, give him a call, he said he had a client for an hour and would be back... parolee then hid in a closet as not to be seen... an hour later he went back out and was approached by ben a and the rest is history.  
point is many in that story,,, sales for any biz is important,,, even if your product is sh!t you can make $$$ conversely u could have a great product and make sh!t if you have poor sales/ad/mrkt. biz has nothing to do with training or certifiactions or qualifications, business is business.  you can sell a product for any price, if someone will buy it.

high profile trainers can make $1,000 per session,,,  that's a far cry from the $75 at the sport club,,, which is split between the gym and the trainer, lol.
  some have packages train for a month, which includes diet,,, phone calls with every meal,,, lol.  10k a month per client,,, 6 month packages...  only need a few clients like that and your in that 340k range.  again these are avgs.  
you have to figure the lows and highs.

again, business is business and it's just as competitive as any sport.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 06:52:51 PM »
what did you do to that nautilus double chest machine vince?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2010, 06:53:43 PM »
 I found it hard to assemble a fucking tv stand...this shit would make me feel like a beta male - I suck at DIY

O

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2010, 06:56:01 PM »
A vertical leg press went out when the 45 degree machines were introduced. The original ones such as the one in Golds Venice ran on wheels. I use linear bearings which are safer, handle more load and are almost frictionless. However, they are expensive plus they require case hardened or induction hardened shafts. I used the latter but had the shafts chromed plated for durability.

The problem with a vertical design is the discomfort of having the blood flow to your head. Also, that design isn't so elegant for women to get in and out of!

A company in Adelaide, Titan, copied my design. Well, Alan Maynard flew me down there and I helped build one and gave them the design. Their lawyer was out of town so I didn't get paid the promised $5000 plus $100 per produced machine. Never did, either. Then people wonder why I don't trust human beings.

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2010, 06:58:05 PM »
I found it hard to assemble a fucking tv stand...this shit would make me feel like a beta male - I suck at DIY

Next you will be telling us that you met a guy named Steve who once owned Twinlab and you both decided to move to the South of France...

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2010, 06:58:36 PM »
Some of you guys think a guy just has to weld a few pieces together to make gym equipment. Look at my Hack Squat/Calf machine. It took me over 120 hours to design it and 6 months to build it. Most parts that are shiny are polished stainless steel. There is a stainless steel counterweight running on linear bearings at the back to reduce the weight of the sled to 5 kg.

The lads preferred the lower angle. They refuse to believe the machine is the same at the higher angle. I did that because some guys were using 2000 pounds and causing the rails to bend. When the angle is 60 degrees the weight feels like 90% of what it is whereas when it was at 41 degrees a 100 kg weight felt like about 70 kg.

The head rest can be removed then the user can do standing heel raises facing the machine. This was probably the most expensive free weight machine ever installed in a gym.

it's cool that there is so much involved, ie , not only functionality but also comfort and like you said,,, "that design isn't so elegant for women to get in and out of"   a lot to concern with when designing...
question to you vince,,, do you fab your own components or do you send plans and specs out get them and build?

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2010, 07:00:01 PM »
Next you will be telling us that you met a guy named Steve who once owned Twinlab and you both decided to move to the South of France...

You know Steve too? I'll tell him you said "Hi"..
O

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »

You know Steve too? I'll tell him you said "Hi"..

lol

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
Here is the former Nautilus double chest machine. The way the machine was built caused the chains to break. So I fashioned a direct cable drive that seems to work fine. The pec deck part was removed as we have 3 other pec decks in the gym.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
stranger things happen,,, and think the sayin goes something like,,, "nothing is easier than to part a fool from his money"

if you look at it on a daily avg., then it doesn't seem right but if you look at it as 30k a month then it makes more sense...
further more by the # of clients.  if he has 30 high profile clients that pay 10k a piece for x amount of sessions, then it makes more sense.
quick story that was a article years back.
there was a guy in prison that went thru and got his personal training cert., when he got out he was working out in a gym that had celebs.... he saw ben affleck training with a pt,,, apparently th pt wasnt in great shape,,, the parolee seeing this and who was at the time in very great shape himself,,, approached ben a when the trainer was away and told him if he wanted to get serious training, give him a call, he said he had a client for an hour and would be back... parolee then hid in a closet as not to be seen... an hour later he went back out and was approached by ben a and the rest is history.  
point is many in that story,,, sales for any biz is important,,, even if your product is sh!t you can make $$$ conversely u could have a great product and make sh!t if you have poor sales/ad/mrkt. biz has nothing to do with training or certifiactions or qualifications, business is business.  you can sell a product for any price, if someone will buy it.

high profile trainers can make $1,000 per session,,,  that's a far cry from the $75 at the sport club,,, which is split between the gym and the trainer, lol.
  some have packages train for a month, which includes diet,,, phone calls with every meal,,, lol.  10k a month per client,,, 6 month packages...  only need a few clients like that and your in that 340k range.  again these are avgs.  
you have to figure the lows and highs.

again, business is business and it's just as competitive as any sport.

Must be a bunch of fools.  For that kind of money, I would get someone who actually COMPLETED COLLEGE & GOT A DEGREE!!!  The only two profile clients he's had was Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz and I know they didn't pay 1,000 dollars a session with Joe Blow Marino.  

A

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2010, 07:08:39 PM »
Here is the former Nautilus double chest machine. The way the machine was built caused the chains to break. So I fashioned a direct cable drive that seems to work fine. The pec deck part was removed as we have 3 other pec decks in the gym.
very cool idea!

handles look way better too the original ones were sucky on those things.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2010, 07:10:01 PM »
I design and build just about everything on my equipment. My biceps-supinator was a real challenge to build. I didn't think I knew enough but proceeded and ended up doing a reasonable job. That machine is the most complicated upper body machine ever installed in a gym. Conventional machine that is. Some electronic machines are more complicated. I did have a machinist who did some lathe work for me but he retired.  I obtained a patent for this design it the USA, Canada, Gt Britain, Germany and Australia. Cost a fortune but I never made a second machine. A good lesson there. Ingenious designs don't always mean that others will want your machine.

I still have to repaint the machine silver. Otherwise, resident expert Goodrum will complain about the colour.

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2010, 07:19:30 PM »
Must be a bunch of fools.  For that kind of money, I would get someone who actually COMPLETED COLLEGE & GOT A DEGREE!!!  The only two profile clients he's had was Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz and I know they didn't pay 1,000 dollars a session with Joe Blow Marino.  

those are some high profile guys... wonder how many clients he got reffered from them,,, not to mention how many more he can get because of training them. 
did they win after he trained them...?
and yeah some people are fools,,, that's whats great about the free market. differents strokes for different folks...
you may care about a degree, some peeps don't care about degree.
college is a biz... it doesn't gurantee nor secure your future, it gives you experience and training in a controlled environment.  colleges make it seem very important and make it seem like you will get a great job/career because they are trying to sell you on their school.  education and knowledge at it's root is important. so is hustle.
 in the business world the most important factors are performance and results, by any means necessary... hence the blind eye turned to by pro sport orgs when it comes to peds, rightfully so.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »
I design and build just about everything on my equipment. My biceps-supinator was a real challenge to build. I didn't think I knew enough but proceeded and ended up doing a reasonable job. That machine is the most complicated upper body machine ever installed in a gym. Conventional machine that is. Some electronic machines are more complicated. I did have a machinist who did some lathe work for me but he retired.  I obtained a patent for this design it the USA, Canada, Gt Britain, Germany and Australia. Cost a fortune but I never made a second machine. A good lesson there. Ingenious designs don't always mean that others will want your machine.

I still have to repaint the machine silver. Otherwise, resident expert Goodrum will complain about the colour.

A biceps supinator machine???  What an ugly monstrosity.  Does anyone even use that thing???
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2010, 07:21:10 PM »
340,000 pesos is US$26,600 btw... ;)

I don't know...Coach got quiet all of a sudden.  He seriously couldn't expect anyone to believe that load of crap
A

Lion666

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »
I don't know...Coach got quiet all of a sudden.  He seriously couldn't expect anyone to believe that load of crap

"Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz "
so did they win after he trained them vince?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #67 on: February 28, 2010, 07:22:28 PM »
Here I am using the biceps-supinator machine. The machine allows the user to have a resistance for the supinating or upward twisting function of the biceps as well as the usual rotational function. You can do both simultaneously or separately. You can do one arm at a time as well. There are 9 separate adjustable functions on the machine. It was conceived in 1987, designed in 1991 and built in 2001 and modified several times until 2006 where it has remained. It can deliver absolutely brutal biceps workouts. A pity I tore a biceps muscle in 1978 because I would have used the machine to build my arms bigger than ever.

Sorry for the poor photo quality. It was taken with a flash off the mirror and thus the cloudy appearance. You can see some of the mechanism clearly.

LOL. That buffoon Goodrum is bagging my machine. Well, even the great Arthur Jones was unable to build this machine. It is complicated so I can understand some guys who are engineering challenged to do that.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #68 on: February 28, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »
Here I am using the biceps-supinator machine. The machine allows the user to have a resistance for the supinating or upward twisting function of the biceps as well as the usual rotational function. You can do both simultaneously or separately. You can do one arm at a time as well. There are 9 separate adjustable functions on the machine. It was conceived in 1987, designed in 1991 and built in 2001 and modified several times until 2006 where it has remained. It can deliver absolutely brutal biceps workouts. A pity I tore a biceps muscle in 1978 because I would have used the machine to build my arms bigger than ever.

Sorry for the poor photo quality. It was taken with a flash off the mirror and thus the cloudy appearance. You can see some of the mechanism clearly.

LOL. That buffoon Goodrum is bagging my machine. Well, even the great Arthur Jones was unable to build this machine. It is complicated so I can understand some guys who are engineering challenged to do that.

I didn't bag your machine.  It is a monstrocity of pulleys and etc. What else can you call it
A

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #69 on: February 28, 2010, 07:27:05 PM »
Here is most of our free weight area. I like having this area separate. The women aren't put off by all the grunting and noise. A few train with the boys here.

Looks like a nice setup.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: February 28, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
Well Vince, I'm at dinner with my family you f**king moron but if you insist I will procede owning your ass when I get home. BTW, this thread wasn't a blast Basils gym, it looks like a fine gym, it was a a thread on him comparing himself to Vince Gironda.JC Goodrum your comprehension is waaay below average!

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #71 on: February 28, 2010, 07:29:29 PM »
"Rampage Jackson and Tito Ortiz "
so did they win after he trained them vince?

Rampage would have won anyway without his help and Tito hasn't even fought yet but he's prob going to get his ass kicked.  

Not only that, if Coach was making that kind of money then he could afford to have a facility of his own....
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #72 on: February 28, 2010, 07:30:58 PM »
Well Vince, I'm at dinner with my family you f**king moron but if you insist I will procede owning your ass when I get home. BTW, this thread wasn't a blast Basils gym, it looks like a fine gym, it was a a thread on him comparing himself to Vince Gironda.JC Goodrum your comprehension is waaay below average!

Go back to school and get an education first before messing with me.  And stop lying about your income because no one up here is going buy that crap you're shoveling.
A

Spoony Luv

• Getbig IV
  • FROM UP ABOVE!!!
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2010, 07:43:09 PM »
A biceps supinator machine???  What an ugly monstrosity.  Does anyone even use that thing???

No offense to Basile but the only thing that machine is missing is a gumball machine that takes nickels...Look at the colors on that thing...Its almost as its been stolen straight out of a kids circus...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »
See Vince, your proving your idiocy as we speak, I told you my education in a REAL college and if certs makes fucking difference I have a couple from NASM and NSCA, I also carry $5mil in liability because that's what certain agents require for their clients when they are sent to me. More when I get home, then I will break it down but you seem to think that holding a piece of paper saying "graduate" means something when in this business its RESULTS that counts. Hey Vince, I even had a client at the NFL combines this weekend, how about you?